Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Manual trans cable C-clips, unobtainium?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Manual trans cable C-clips, unobtainium? by carbon
Started on: 06-10-2013 12:24 PM
Replies: 19 (586 views)
Last post by: cyrus88 on 07-03-2013 07:55 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why can I not find these anywhere... They weren't specific to the Fiero were they?

I put in new Getrag cables from California Push&Pull and I need four c-clips to hold 'em in... ¿Dónde está, por favor?

------------------

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only place I've been able to find them is in recycle. (junk yard) I bought some similar clips from the HELP rack at the parts store but had to use a grinder on them to open them up enough to fit, and then they still didn't fit like the originals. They don't necessarily have to be from a Getrag equipped car. Most all GM manual FWD and some automatic transmissions use them as do all Fiero cables.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen any new for sale, but tractor supply does sell a clip that is a good replacement. I forgot the part number, but I got the idea from Fieroguru and used them myself on my F23 swap.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeremy at the Fiero Factory (Tony, AL) should have them.

http://www.thefierofactory.com/

Nelson
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. Been looking for these things for the past 6 months and can not find anything. Original part number is "discontinued". If anybody could help, it will stop me from sending the car to the scrap yard.
cyrus88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
try this place: Clips

and this: clip2
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

It is hard to see in the above pics, but I found some cleaner looking clips to hold the cable ends in place for under $4 from Tractor Supply (2 in a package):

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Those are some nice, clean looking clips there guru!

Kevin
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For F's sake... these are not available in MN either. Tractor Supply has none. Can't find Weasler being sold anywhere else... I hate this crap.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
McMaster has a collection of c-clips as well:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#c-clips/=n6iu6e
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

For F's sake... these are not available in MN either. Tractor Supply has none. Can't find Weasler being sold anywhere else... I hate this crap.

You should find someone that stockpiles this type of stuff

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 06-13-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try www.clipsandfasteners.com They have a wide selection of automotive products. They even list them specific to GM, Ford, etc. Also try www.auveco.com
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

You should find someone that stockpiles this type of stuff

You have said items? I'll come get 'em later today!
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why can I not find these anywhere... They weren't specific to the Fiero were they?

I put in new Getrag cables from California Push&Pull and I need four c-clips to hold 'em in... ¿Dónde está, por favor?

dont feel bad, i lost one durring my swap, took me about 12 trips to the junkyard to find one.. FINALLY found it, stomped into the mud, not even on a car, int he "import" section O.o....

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey carbon, I'm headed into town this morning. I will stop by my Tractor Supply and see if they Have them.

I hope fieroguru don't mind that I swiped his picture of the package and printed it out to take with me.

Kevin
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003
carbon, they had two packs so if you still can't find them, let me know.
Have them in my hands right now.

Kevin
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

carbon, they had two packs so if you still can't find them, let me know.
Have them in my hands right now.

Kevin

Actually, I checked the site again and one store said "Call Store" instead of "Out of Stock"... they had two packs!

I got the only 4 of these in the state of Minnesota! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried them yet to see if they work without modification? What's the Tractor Supply Part Number?
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cyrus88:

try this place: Clips

and this: clip2

Don't try these, they are way too small
(The one on the right is the right one)

[This message has been edited by jaybug56 (edited 07-03-2013).]

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaybug56:

Don't try these, they are way too small
(The one on the right is the right one)

Thanks for posting the pic to show the difference between the two! This way we won't be wasting our money on those small clips.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock