Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone hear from Richard from Pro Source Glass?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone hear from Richard from Pro Source Glass? by doublec4
Started on: 06-03-2013 06:05 AM
Replies: 36 (1837 views)
Last post by: prosource on 09-22-2013 09:42 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if anyone has heard from Richard from Pro Source Glass recently...

I had sent him full payment for the grey side windows and he told me they were almost ready to go. Now I haven't heard a word from him in weeks.

I really don't care if the windows still aren't ready, I would just like to hear an update... Richard, are you out there?

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has half payment from me. I remember his stating originally the tinted glass would be shipping approx April. Perhaps just a delay. Would be good to know.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed him yesterday, info@prosourceglassintl.com, I included a link to this thread, if I hear back I will post it.
Fierobsessed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same boat here, all money is in, just waiting on a confirmation of shipment.
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierobsessed

4782 posts
Member since Dec 2001
I gave Richard a call. He says hes on it, and will give us a little update here, probably tonight.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, thanks!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an e-mail earlier today and he said he would post later tonight. Hopefully he does.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm.... still nothing...
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So someone talked to him on the phone?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent another email this morning...
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Richard emailed me recently. This is his response to my inquiry:

Trying to get the update between my rep and factory Rick. I am promised an answer shortly. The factory is at full capacity with OEM production but these were suppose to be ready and here for shipment at least a couple of weeks now. Frustrating on our end so please bare with me and I will get some info passed on shortly.
Thanks,
Richard
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to say if OEM Production runs are eating up all line time, they are not going to interrupt the production runs, they cannot afford to shut down a customer plant due to high penalty fine cost associated with it (huge dollars per minute of line down time).
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's fine. I'm personally not in a huge rush. I was just concerned when I asked for an update and weeks went by without a response (and I sent full payment upfront)

I also received a response from him tonight with the same sort of message.

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the late response but it took many calls and conversations on my end which should not have happened. i am glad that almost all the projects we do and any money we take work a lot smoother.
Production is slated for the week of the 17th of June. We will have them here to ship in July to ship i am assured. it seems that the 6-8 weeks standard turnaround time went to 10-12 weeks which i was ok with as long as they stuck to it. But we are beyond 12 weeks from the time we got confirmation of order. It seems he factory is doing quite well at maximum capacity and decided to drop all the lower production an eplacement glass oders way down to devote the lines for new vehicle produ ction for the OEM manufacturers. They are producing thousands of winows a week but did not give myself o the Pilkington/LOF the time of day to commit.
I am sorry for the extended delay but I will keep you posted with the production update an I am sue once they leave the factory for distribuion we will know.

We put a new computer system in 1st of June and needless to say things were a challenge including no outgoing email fo a couple days. Hopefully we can salvage the summer with everyone receiving the glass ordered. We should still have a few sets of green tint and grey tint still unsold.
I do have 2 passenger side green tint door glasses if anyone just needs a passenger side. These are the only ones left over from earlier in the year.
Thanks again for he support,
Richard
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Richard,
I am interested in getting a set of the grey tinted windows reserved so I don't have to worry about you not having a set after everyone that sent deposits got theres. Could you let me know how much I need to send and where so I can get a set reserved also. Thanks Daniel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

That's fine. I'm personally not in a huge rush. I was just concerned when I asked for an update and weeks went by without a response ..

Same here, good to get an update.
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone gotten a window from Richard this time around? I wrote to him but got no response.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Grey tint? Not that I am aware of, he hasnt notified anyone they are ready yet.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AFAIK, the gray tint windows aren't ready yet. I did however, e-mail him again within the past week, and haven't received a reply. I've also seen that several times he stated he would get on here and post an update, but has not done so.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So nobody has heard from Richard since early June? I'm beginning to feel a little uneasy about this. I sent him half a long time ago. And he has since quit responding to e-mails.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard from him on Tuesday.

He said that he's back and forth with the factory rep trying to see if they have been produced yet and when he will have them. Says its been extremely frustrating. He thinks they will probably just show up on his door step without him even getting notice that they have been completed. He also says he hasn't seen delays like this in years.

All we can do is wait at this point.
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I paid half and don't even have a Fiero any more... If they ever do turn up I'll have to try and sell them.. I haven't heard anything since I paid the deposit + posted some pictures for him..
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:

I paid half and don't even have a Fiero any more... If they ever do turn up I'll have to try and sell them.. I haven't heard anything since I paid the deposit + posted some pictures for him..

If I were you, I'd call him and get my money back then. No point paying for something you don't need.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have my Fiero but I'm thinking that money could've went for something better. It would be nice to have scratch free windows though.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lost Richard's email address. Can someone please shoot it to me? I still haven't heard anything from him since early June.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I have is this:

info@prosourceglassintl.com

ProSource Glass International
Toll Free:877-345-2800
978-975-5400
Fax: 978-975-5300
Cell: 978-790-4657

Richard Tankel

I had the subject line in the email of: Pennocks Fiero forum group order of glass
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never operate like this folks and anyone who does not want or need glass will get a refund. However, we are suppose to have these shipped from the factory right after August 17th which I am guessing is going to be the week of the 19th of August. If I had any idea that the factory would put this off so much I would never have gotten anyone involved til a much later date. The factory in Ohio is just at capacity with OE contracts and it took at least a dozen calls or emails sine just June to get the commitment. Since this project was started we have had glass made and imported for many projects from Morris Minor to Ferrari windshields.
With so many things going on an this happening it became impossible to stay on top with updates. Sorry for this, we will be in touch and hope everyone will be satisfied his month. I will be much more diligent now with the pending date.
Richard
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Richard.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for getting in touch. Glad to see its still in the works.
PFF
System Bot
DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edit: found update

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092574.html

[This message has been edited by DJErikd (edited 08-22-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for helping to try and keep it on one thread.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
another post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092613.html

Also I recived this email today:

"..gray tint door glasses will ship on Tuesday, thanks for your patience. Sorry you may get another email depending on when / who send s out info as this went well over standard production time. We are sorting thru the orders and will advise if any balance is due.
Thank you,
Richard"

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recieved a right and left side door glass a few days ago in grey tint, packaged very well and great looking product. The tint I would say its maybe twice as dark as stock, (not alot) but nice.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I recieved a right and left side door glass a few days ago in grey tint, packaged very well and great looking product. The tint I would say its maybe twice as dark as stock, (not alot) but nice.

That should look sweet in that Black Formula
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a few green tint door glasses here and the balance of the grey tint door glasses due in next week. We sold out of he preliminary order for the grey tint as the factory did not send all in 1 shipment so anyone desiring the grey or green we will be good to go if you still want.
FYI the green tint have the LOF logo on the glass. The grey tint are blank. Since it is not stock they did no stamp them but they have the label and all from safe production. Thanks to all who were very patient til this all happened. Richard

[This message has been edited by prosource (edited 09-22-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock