Fiero Race cars by fiero2man
Started on: 06-02-2013 10:51 PM
Replies: 8 (542 views)
Last post by: Four_hundred_86 on 06-05-2013 09:34 AM
fiero2man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

06-02-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manClick Here to Email fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone have some photos of the Fiero GTP that ran at LeMans?..Guess AT&T and PetBoys ran several. What ever happened to the cars??

IP: Logged

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-02-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Click Here to Email jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here is a place that has one dont know if it was at lemans...
also found where this car was for sale back in 2010 for $299,500 from Dobson Motorsport
http://motocreations.com/20...msa-gtp-spice-fiero/

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 06-02-2013).]

PatrickTRoof

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-03-2013 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofClick Here to Email PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Holy moly, that's a Fiero?!

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-03-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That Spice Fiero is somewhere in Seattle metro and I would be thrilled to take our local Fiero group to see it.
http://www.dobsonmotorsport...torydetail.php?id=28

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-03-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Click Here to Email jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

That Spice Fiero is somewhere in Seattle metro and I would be thrilled to take our local Fiero group to see it.
http://www.dobsonmotorsport...torydetail.php?id=28

actually after reading more of the post on Moto Creations , I think they were using the pic and make it sound like it was there...
There is a newer link to Dobson Motorsports somewhere, they dropped to $299,500 in 2010... now if they could drop another 290k I could afford it...

http://www.dobsonmotorsport...emplate%204-4-10.pdf
------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 06-03-2013).]

ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-03-2013 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That car would be awesome to see at the 30th!

Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-03-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Click Here to Email Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

Holy moly, that's a Fiero?!

No no no. That is a tube frame with wind tunnel prepped fiberglass. The only thing that shares with a fiero is the nameplate. All in all a beautiful car.

------------------
Honestly, What is a "stock" Fiero?

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

06-05-2013 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Four_hundred_86:

No no no. That is a tube frame with wind tunnel prepped fiberglass. The only thing that shares with a fiero is the nameplate. All in all a beautiful car.

Sorry but it is a composite chasse [not tube frame] and mostly Carbon Fiber. And yes the car shares little with the factory car. Now the GTU and GTO cars were tube frames.

I saw all these cars race back in the day. I even sat in several of them.

The Spice cars here were built and used styling to simulate a Fiero to a degree but the wind tunnel was the ruling factor. They were built in England and use the SD4 engines. They did very well in the GTP light class. Later on they were given a V8 and called a GTP Firebird once the Fiero was gone. Some also were Buick powered and Acura powered. They mostly ran here but Gordon Spice won the GT2 class in Europe in one.

$299k not a bad price. They were much more new. Just the hood was around $15K back in the day and the rear cover was close to $20K alone. This is just a full blown race car much like a 962 Porsche and it was a very good race car.

Most are still around in various configurations and some in just parts. I would watch some of the vintage race circuits as they will be there or show up there at some point.

I was lucky and got to see them all up close back in the day at Mid Ohio. Pontiac out a lot of money in the IMSA series. Yet today I still have the IMSA sticker in my back window of my car that I put there in 1985. That was some fun times back then as there were many MFG putting money in the series and the support was great.

I still have my Pontiac Motorsports hats from back then and even some of the old T shirts they used to sell or most times give away.

Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-05-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Click Here to Email Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My apologies, I figured most of the race cars back in the eighties were using tube frames. I was unaware that carbon fiber was used back in that time frame. I wish I had been old enough to see these cars when they were on the circuit. Thank you for the updated information.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock