Started on: 06-01-2013 06:32 AM
Replies: 36 (1506 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 10-09-2018 09:22 AM
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I stopped making a/c hoses last year due to the parts needed to fabricate them being discontinued. After calling warehouses across the country, I stumbled upon 9 pieces, so I can make 9 hoses. I received all the pieces yesterday, so I am ready to make them. A few of the hoses are already spoken for and I plan to run off the batch on Monday. These use my custom made 3800 compressor end, so you don't have to provide a 3800 hose. I'll post up a pic on Monday.

Price for the hose will be in the $150 range give or take $20. I have to go over the material receipts to verify final price. I can offer a $20 discount if you send me the Fiero end.

These hoses will most likely not work with WCF headers, but I cannot be certain of this. This is just what I have been told in the past.

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1988 Formula

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988 FormulaSend a Private Message to 1988 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave - I sent you a PM.

Thank you

Kevin
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave

These hoses work with the 3800 compressor, correct?

If so, I will take one too please
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parts are in and I made a few hoses. These use a custom 45 degree swivel end on the Grand Prix compressor. It does have the port for the pressure switch. The switch is not included. I am in need of a few Fiero (driver's side) ends. I will email and pm all that have asked and then I will post up how many that I have for sale within the next day. I am limited to a total of 9 as the pieces I use to make the compressor ends and pressure ports are no longer made.
Dave

1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, full payment.

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 06-05-2013).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:
The switch is not included.

Does anyone know the part number for the switch ? This goes on the pressure port, I don't have a clue. Any links on here with an example ?

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 06-05-2013).]

Ponti88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent, I would like one of these please if you have any left. I have the Fiero drivers side ports and I have the Grand Prix compressor side to send you.
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

You guys tried BMWGURU? That was who sold me mine and it worked perfectly.

O.K. Found a few threads related, //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128702.html

Sent PhoneDawgz PM about the high side pressure switch.
PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently, they are all spoken for. I will contact the company that makes the two custom pieces for this and twist their arms to see if they have any left, or if they can make another batch.
Dave
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Currently, they are all spoken for. I will contact the company that makes the two custom pieces for this and twist their arms to see if they have any left, or if they can make another batch.
Dave

Why do u use the custom ends over just using the stock 3800 compressor hose ends? Just curious..

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 06-06-2013).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The compressor side 3800 end is a real pain in the ass to fit in the crimping tool. I normally have to bend it almost to the point of kinking it. Then bend it back. Also, when using the stock Fiero starter with the 3800, the a/c hose doesn't fit very well with the 3800 a/c muffler. I can make the hoses twice as fast and with less chance of leaks with the custom end.
The last reason is due to where I run my coils and ignition wires. It is just a better fit for the way I design my swaps.
Dave
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
half the batch of hoses shipped today. I am awaiting payment from a few that reserved and will ship again on Monday.

Dave
HtownGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HtownGTSend a Private Message to HtownGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone drops out I will take one.
svincent550

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for svincent550Send a Private Message to svincent550Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave
I left you a message on your phone regarding these lines. I am still very interested in a set. I'm the guy that sent you the bad lines from California. Please save me a set I have the money that I can paypal immediately. I will send you a pm also.
Thanks
Steve
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

You are on my list as you are the main reason I decided to run off a batch.

I'll double check the amount of ends I have left today, and do the final contact for the first reserved before I go to the people 2nd in line.

Dave
1988 Formula

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988 FormulaSend a Private Message to 1988 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, thank you.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind that I want two...
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any left?

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All are sold out. I may run another batch if I can find a few of the pieces that are no longer being produced, but I'll have to do some searching.
Dave
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Potentially interested depending on how far I get my swap done this summer. Definitely interested for next summer.
Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bmwguru, I am interested in your 3800 AC conversion lines if you ever make anymore, let me know thanks.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still want one as well

-Mitch
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just relocated the shop, so I won't have the time this year to run off a batch. Sorry.

Dave
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit: Can I buy the parts/hoses/clamps/fittings/lines and make it myself?

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 02-23-2014).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The high pressure port and the compressor end were the two parts that were discontinued. You can use the factory 3800 end for the compressor, but it isn't as clean looking. I managed to find a dozen compressor ends that were in a warehouse in Texas last year and bought them all....and used them all. The high pressure port fitting was discontinued, but I found a few other companies that had them until stock was depleted.
Dave
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The high pressure port and the compressor end were the two parts that were discontinued. You can use the factory 3800 end for the compressor, but it isn't as clean looking. I managed to find a dozen compressor ends that were in a warehouse in Texas last year and bought them all....and used them all. The high pressure port fitting was discontinued, but I found a few other companies that had them until stock was depleted.
Dave

Ever consider just using junkyard parts and TIG welding on the new hose crimp ends which you can still get? A used A/C pressure sensor port can be welded onto an existing line easily enough.
-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Ever consider just using junkyard parts and TIG welding on the new hose crimp ends which you can still get? A used A/C pressure sensor port can be welded onto an existing line easily enough.
-ryan

We can do that and I did think of that as a solution, but right now I do not have the time to dedicate to running off a batch. I haven't even looked at my own car in 3 months....which I really want to finish.
Dave
Stickersteve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StickersteveClick Here to visit Stickersteve's HomePageSend a Private Message to StickersteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might you still be making the a/c conversion hoses?
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If not, forum member 2002z28ssconv makes them, and has a posting in the Mall section.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-22-2016).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that Dave has halted all Fiero related mechanical activities to concentrate on more profitable ventures.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2018 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to revive and old thread from the dead.... I realize Dave has moved on from Fieros- I have a set of these lines and was wondering if anyone can tell me whether it works with a 3800 compressor and WCF headers? (are they long enough)??

Please reply only if you are certain,

Also, there is no muffler with Dave's AC line. Is this an issue?

I bought a new compressor for a 99 Regal and plan to install that.

I do have a message in to 2002z28ssconv to purchase his lines in case this one doesn't work

*** Edit- Dave replied, doesn't think it will fit. ***

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 10-04-2018).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2018 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Sorry to revive and old thread from the dead.... I realize Dave has moved on from Fieros- I have a set of these lines and was wondering if anyone can tell me whether it works with a 3800 compressor and WCF headers? (are they long enough)??

Please reply only if you are certain,

Also, there is no muffler with Dave's AC line. Is this an issue?

I bought a new compressor for a 99 Regal and plan to install that.

I do have a message in to 2002z28ssconv to purchase his lines in case this one doesn't work

*** Edit- Dave replied, doesn't think it will fit. ***

I haven't exactly moved on from Fieros....I'm just a little busy this year

Dave
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2018 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not trying to promote someone else's product in someones thread, but it looks like the last time these hoses were offered here was just over 5 years ago.

I purchased a set from Chuck of Central Florida Fieros. I can vouch for him a hundred times over. He is a great person, great to work with, and his workmanship is excellent. You can get the hoses in HIS MALL THREAD.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John

All good, no worries. I just ordered one from Charles this morning.

Will probably sell Dave's hose to someone who needs one locally and does not have WCF headers.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock