Started on: 05-26-2013 09:41 AM
Replies: 14 (306 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 06-30-2014 08:27 AM
Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know Cleveland Fieros disbanded, but do any of the former memeber still talk or get together and go to cruises? Around North Ridgeville there are a few guys running around but Not I have mine out and want to start doing things as a group again.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard they still go to the Barn. I am not invited and heard a few refuse to go if I show up. Those were the ones who did the least in the end of the clubs time and I have kept in touch with a few who did the most by their choice.. I was the bad guy in the end because I was calling a spade a spade . At the time the club was falling apart it seemed many other clubs were doing the same. It was right when the economy was falling apart and it seemed folks were carrying it to the meets. I still have my Fieros but drive them little & I also kept the photo page up. Rick B

http://clevelandfieros.shutterfly.com/
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, & would be interested in a group meetup.

Thank you for the link.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't part of the club, but I did grow up in Massillon, and still have plenty of family there. Hope to hit up a few shows (namely Massillon's Summer Cruise on In and Dance Party) back home next year after I get off active duty in the military.
kymmee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kymmeeSend a Private Message to kymmeeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Canton-go to a few shows up north. I've been to Toth Buick's ALL Pontiac Show and Riverfront Cruise in Cuyahoga Falls. Also attend the Pontiac Nats every year. No club affliation, I take the Fiero sometimes and the TA's out also.

The Cruise on In and Dance Party in Massillon is a big show, but I would never take any of my cars there. I just go as a spectator.
fierodog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodogSend a Private Message to fierodogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi fierokid I think me and you met up one time. I think I gave you an extra part I had. I sold all my fieros around 2008. Yesterday I just bought one that I need to get running. Round 3 for me lol. Im soo happy to be back though cant wait to drive it.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people are still around but with time as much as anything we all have other things going on in our lives and just do not center our lives on our cars as we once did.

Also we lost some to death and also we have had some with illness and family illness that takes up time.

We still meet at the barn normally the first Saturday in May and had a good group. No one is banned or would be turned away as long as they come as a friend and not wanting to talk business or the past. Same goes for the Norwalk Pontiac Tri Power weekend as anyone is welcomed and will be treated well as long as they come to have fun and not dredge up a bunch of dirty laundry or make trouble.

There is no push to restart a club but for the most part we get in touch now and then and if someone needs help or advise we are always there.

I personally the last so many years really have not done much with the Fiero. Even before the club folded we had other things going from my fathers illness and my sons sports that it has left little time for my car. I just this year have started to think about getting out more do more with it.

There was no one single person or problem that killed the club. It was a combination on many things that worked together that drew it to an end. I find as most, generally we do not dwell on the past and keep in touch with the members that are willing to keep in touch. We meet and generally we spend more time speaking about trips, grand kids, health issues, test driving cool Corvettes and only spent a little time on the Fiero and Zero time on the club, other club members and past dealings. To be honest it has rarely come up for a long time.

The key to the Cleveland FIero's was that we really were just a group of people that were friends that were drawn together by a common car. As time went on things got more club like with issues and agendas . We also lost a very important member to illness and Cancer. He was our glue that held us together. After that the lack of the friends part just broke up the core of the club. It is what it is and not just one person is to blame as we all shared in it to some degree. This is not uncommon with most clubs as I have seen it time and time again. I know one club here in Ohio that is much larger than we ever was and they are going through the same thing today.

It is time to stop pointing fingers and let it go. It is better for us to treat each other as a friend and let the wounds heal.

Kid stop up at the Pontiac Nationals in August and we still have a small group there that would be glad to see you. Outside of that I do no know of anything planned. Just best to not bring up any club talk. Just keep it to the Fiero chat and everyone will be fine.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-27-2013).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by kymmee:

I'm in Canton-go to a few shows up north. I've been to Toth Buick's ALL Pontiac Show and Riverfront Cruise in Cuyahoga Falls. Also attend the Pontiac Nats every year. No club affliation, I take the Fiero sometimes and the TA's out also.

The Cruise on In and Dance Party in Massillon is a big show, but I would never take any of my cars there. I just go as a spectator.

I am going to try to make the Toth show this year. How has it been? I have been going to Glenmoore every year and now that it is gone I can go to this one this year. I know Rockin Rod puts on the show and he normally does a good event. I agree on the Massillon show. It has been years since I took a car to that one.

I may try to get to the River Front sometime this year. It has been 8 years since I was there. Maybe we could get those Fiero's interested to meet at the Riverfront when they do the Pontiac night. I will have to look to see when it is. That is a good place to get cars together.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-27-2013).]

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread. But I just met up with two guys last week both with red Formula's and wanted to see if anyone in N.E. Ohio wanted to get a group of Fiero's together either weekly or bi-weekly for cruise ins and shows I.e. quaker steak and lube in Sheffield Ohio? It would be nice if we can have a number of Fiero's show up to these shows that seem to be over run by corvettes and mustangs.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

Sorry to bring back an old thread. But I just met up with two guys last week both with red Formula's and wanted to see if anyone in N.E. Ohio wanted to get a group of Fiero's together either weekly or bi-weekly for cruise ins and shows I.e. quaker steak and lube in Sheffield Ohio? It would be nice if we can have a number of Fiero's show up to these shows that seem to be over run by corvettes and mustangs.

Not sure if many of the old member will go out there. Keep in mind while it was Cleveland Fiero's we were all over the state.

That was one major issue with events and trips as I know some drove more than an hour or more just for a meeting.

Best thing to do is promote people going to a large show like Norwalk or other centrally located show like Solon and see who shows up. There are cars out there but you have to target a centrally located site.

I even had nearly an hour to the two meeting locations and after my son came along I really did not have as much free time to do many meetings. Best thing to do is draw a circle of an hour and see where the center is. That will get you the best results.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There you are Kid. I've been amazed at how many people in our area are into these cars just as of late. Just met up with one of my son's friends that has 5 Fieros. Met up with him at the Lube tonight. I think the rain scared most away tonight. It was really cool to meet up with you last Thursday. I just love talking with people that know what they are talking about when it comes to these cars. I can talk for hours trying to learn from people that know much more than me. The Lube is cool because it is just a simple cruise-in. I like to show up with the car drink a few beers bullshitting with car guys, and eat wings. Just keeping it simple. The Lube Cruise-in is every Sunday at 5:00 in Sheffield Village. And BTW the Quaker Steak and Lube in Sheffield is the biggest one in the country.
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1702 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Wouldn't it be cool to start a corral of Fieros? I never see one anywhere around here. Last Thursday we had three Formulas in on spot. Pretty cool.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohio in general is one of the greatest concentrations of Fiero's in the country along with Indiana, Michigan and Illinois.

Just in Akron I saw 5 over the weekend and all looked like daily drivers.

But even with all the cars the active people who would participate are spread out. With so many here the cars in many cases are just transportation for many drivers and they may or may not have a great interest in a get together.

Last year I missed it for another show but they had something like 16-18 Fiero's in Orville way out in the country in Wayne County at a little drive in. There was a post here with all the cars and other than a little rain looked to be a nice turn out.

The greatest challenge today is time from people as most organizations are having trouble getting people to participate on a regular basis.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
Just in Akron I saw 5 over the weekend and all looked like daily drivers.

Mine is still in Cuyahoga Falls. Probably going to be driving it out to Baltimore in August.

Friend of mine in Akron has 2.

Originally posted by hyperv6:
The greatest challenge today is time from people as most organizations are having trouble getting people to participate on a regular basis.

Someone reached out to me last year about getting a club going. This was right after the Fiero show in Orrville. I said yes, replied with some ideas, & that was where it ended.

The two I remember seeing in Akron was an orange Fiero on Tallmage Road, & the other was a primer black with an outrageous hood scoop, along 224.

** Edit ** There is also a gold GT up in Peninsula. We went & knocked on the door to the shop, was told they specialize in Fiero's & some 60's Doge truck with a flat nose. No one ever answered.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 06-30-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think what happens with "clubs" is that a few key people end up doing almost everything, after awhile they get burned out and sick of doing everything. Another issue is the politics and "control" issues that inevitably are brought up by a few members. I had enough of that forced upon me when I was working, now that I am retired I can choose to not be a part of it. That being said I enjoy going to car shows and a "Fiero" corral at places like the Sebring Fl. race which is not too far from me would be fun.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock