Dew Wipe Material by coveyba
Started on: 05-06-2013 08:46 PM
Replies: 9 (1383 views)
Last post by: kristinagalloway on 01-26-2015 11:23 AM
coveyba

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coveybaSend a Private Message to coveybaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.topsdown.com/Win...t-pieces--p1159.html

Used this material today to do my dads dew wipes. Worked perfectly. Pulled his old ones, ground rivets off hardware (felts and mirror mount), cut to length and drilled to match and riveted hardware onto new piece. This dew wipe material is not flocked the same, but is completely rubber coated. I know the Fiero Store is out of them with a wait time of months. I used theirs on my car in January and they worked fine. I didn't see any of the issues pointed out in a review on here. My Father bought an 87 GT a few weeks ago and these were sorely needed before Summer gets here. If you want to get this done and have a cut off tool, a drill and a rivet gun this will work fine.

We did not nave materials to re finish the felts, but they weren't terrible -so we just cleaned them up.

I wanted to post the link to the material that worked so well for us. It is nearly an exact match and worked great.

I don't want to minimize the effort required. It is well discussed on here the wrestling match the access to the dew wipe screws can be. Once you find the instructions on here and do one, it becomes way less intimidating. Once off - take your time. Measure and mark the holes carefully and make sure that your new rivet heads are as flush as you can get them. The time we invested was well worth the effort to have these done without waiting months to get them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah i'm going to do dew wipes and will definitely get this material cause it's cheap. $40 for 2

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fairchild industries makes the rubber material. P/N 1369. Style 43.
Your source is average on price. JcWhitney sells it too.

Check your local auto glass dealer for the felt guide parts too.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 07-01-2013).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Fairchild industries makes the rubber material. P/N 1369. Style 43.
Your source is average on price. JcWhitney sells it too.

Check your local auto glass dealer for the felt guide parts too.

Wow Fairchild is close by for me. Illinois.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just spent 20 min on the phone with JCWHITNEY, they say they don't sell it !
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JC whitney quit selling the dew wipe material a couple years ago. Fairchild sells it but you need to buy in bulk and have a Federal tax I.D. number.

You can also buy the material from THESE GUYS and it's even cheaper ($32) than Topsdown. ($40)
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another option that I used was to use the dew wipes from a gen 3 Camaro or Firebird. You have to trim the wipes to the proper length and drill new holes to match the Fiero's, but as long as you have your old ones for a reference its a breeze to do.

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's RockAuto's number.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php

http://www.rockauto.com/dbp...IRCHILD_16254X2.html

And of course I make the mirror tabs and the felt tabs if you want brand new. And mohair makes an excellent wrap for the felt tabs.

Rich
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got a set from Seajai. The quality is excellent. You will find it takes more than some molded rubber to make a quality long lasting set. My first set was from the Fiero store for my 87GT. The second set, for my 84, are from Seajai.
We need to support the folks that are making stuff for us. I'm sure Seajai isn't going to retire any time soon from all the money he makes from dew wipers. A few can make their own stuff but many depend on guys like Seajai for hard to get parts.

------------------
woodys 427

kristinagalloway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kristinagallowaySend a Private Message to kristinagallowayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very useful topic. I am looking for something like this. Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock