Monroe shock rebate by kendallville
Started on: 04-20-2013 10:30 PM
Replies: 22 (1763 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 12-05-2013 03:28 PM
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Below is parts I ordered from Rock Auto , showing rebate available . I don't blame Rock auto but Monroe aka tenneco don't fall for it they sent
me an email stating rebate denied,model Numbers not included , even though they were on their rebate form.
Ok off my soap box now, Just had to vent to someone.

MONROE Part # 5921 Sensa-Trac Passenger Car (Rebate/Promotion Available!)

MONROE Part # 71814 Sensa-Trac Strut (Rebate/Promotion Available!)
Rear; Use PN[AK30] to Replace OEM Lower Mounting Hardware if Necessary
I hope no one else gets took
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. 2 years ago I purchased Monroe Sensatracs from rockauto under a promotion of buy 3 get the 4th free after rebate. I also used a 5% off coupon thats always floating around online. I got my rebate back, must be some kind of mistake?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

Below is parts I ordered from Rock Auto , showing rebate available . I don't blame Rock auto but Monroe aka tenneco don't fall for it they sent me an email stating rebate denied,model Numbers not included , even though they were on their rebate form.

Ok off my soap box now, Just had to vent to someone.

MONROE Part # 5921 Sensa-Trac Passenger Car (Rebate/Promotion Available!)

MONROE Part # 71814 Sensa-Trac Strut (Rebate/Promotion Available!)
Rear; Use PN[AK30] to Replace OEM Lower Mounting Hardware if Necessary

I hope no one else gets took

Don't just vent here and give up. Get back in touch with Monroe/Tenneco. They screwed up.

Qualifying Products / Series:

Monroe OESpectrum Shocks, Reflex Shocks, Sensa-Trac Shocks, Max-Air Shocks, Gas-Magnum Shocks:
5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 37000, 39000, 58000, 911000, 911500, MA700, MA800, 34000 Series;
Monroe OESpectrum Struts, Reflex Struts, Sensa-Trac Struts and Cartridges: 71000, 72000, 73000 Series;
Monroe Quick-Strut Replacement Assemblies: 139000, 171000, 172000, 271000, 371000, 471000 Series;
Rancho RS5000 Shocks: RS5000 Series

I bought Sensa-Tracs for an '88... two 5821 shocks and two 71814 struts. I'm expecting to get a $60 rebate from Monroe/Tenneco.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-20-2013).]

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this was under the change pays rebate, for buy 2 shocks and 2 struts get $60 back.
I replied to the email from monroe and cc a copy to rock auto , informing both sides of the info
with copys of the rebate form and reciept , rejection letter, and pic of rock auto's catalog page.
I asked wich one was wrong , and asked for the rebate or rma. I allso sugested that the next email
would include a copy to the Indiana attorney general maybe they will read the complaint.
I will post any results
edit to include mine were 5921 and 71814

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 04-20-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...rebate denied, model Numbers not included

I suspect some dolt in the rebate department failed to realize that 71000 and 5900 are Series numbers, not just particular model numbers.

No reason for the shocks and struts you bought (or I bought) not to qualify for the rebate.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-21-2013).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a set of Monroe shocks/struts this weekend from Rock Auto because they were on rebate. I better not have any issues with the rebate since they were clearly on their list....
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE

Thank you for your email. I am sorry you are having trouble with the rebate. The rebate is offered by Monroe, so they will need to respond to your request. Their rebate form (http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloads/promotions/Monroe_Change_Pays_Rebate_US_WEB.pdf) confirms the 5900 series Sensa-Trac shocks and the 71000 series Sensa-Trac struts are eligible for the "Change does Pay" rebate. They list several other rebates on their site - perhaps it was entered under the incorrect rebate and therefore was denied? Please do contact Monroe for further information.Thank you,
Maggie M.
RockAuto Customer Service

I did'nt think Rock Autp was wrong anyway but it was nice of them to resond. I hope no one else has to put up with this.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New update or lack of such.
It has now been a month and no contact with Monroe / Tenneco.
I have sent emails thru thier website, no reply
I tried to call , they hung up
I faxed the info , no reply
I have decided that this rebate is no more than a scam!!! DO NOT WATE YOUR TIME OR MONEY
If the rebate is a factor in your purchase , forget it and go for the better products.
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN
Every one is free to do what you believe is best , but I hope no one else gets taken by them!
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought 2 shocks/2 struts, did the online rebate form on the 5th, rebate page still says just "submitted", keeping my fingers crossed.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really, really dislike rebates. It is too easy for the company to deny payment and keep the money. Basically I have decided that a rebate is a bonus, and I don't buy based on actually getting the money back. If they really wanted to give you the money, they would just make it a coupon.
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think, if you can't get a response from Monroe, the problem should rest with their vendor. Rock Aoto should step up, or they would lose my business along with Monroe. They sold them to you.

[This message has been edited by weaselbeak (edited 05-25-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
File the complained w/ State AG and FTC...
You might not get any money back but both can cause trouble for the companies. Makes bad PR that can takes years to recover.

Complain to AG/FTC for Monroe AND Rockauto...
Rockauto is not immune because They sold the product(s).

Best Buy and others have been in trouble before w/ States AG and FTC for selling whatever w/ bogus rebates.
Many people still won't shop at Best Buy because of bogus rebates years ago.
Rebate problems are big item at FTC.

Note:
Many rebates uses gift cards, prepaid Visa/MC, etc w/ very short shelf life. Make sure card is used up fast.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
call a local monroe/walker supplier and ask for their purchasing department, and ask them for their local tennico reps contact information, tennico uses factory reps not rep agency's, they are the once who handle all the promotions for the area, and deal with the shops when they have problems, they should be able to get you sorted out rather quickly, and tell you what the issue was.

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems if you make enough threats , you will eventually win.
Tenneco just sent me an email of aproval.
said it will now take 4-6 weeks to get rebate.
A big thanks to all and Cliff, I was ignored untill I sent them a copy of this post.
"I apologize for the confusion. It seems we incorrectly processed your claim. I have made the correction and you are now approved for $60"
Ps I do like the ride with the new shocks and struts.

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 05-28-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It seems if you make enough threats , you will eventually win.
Tenneco just sent me an email of aproval.

Congrats!
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for participating in a recent Tenneco promotion. We recognize that there has been an unacceptable delay in processing and mailing your rebate reward. We identified a quality issue with prepaid debit card mailing documents and worked with our third-party promotional fulfillment partners to eliminate the problem. We anticipate mailing your card within the next two weeks.

We hope you will accept our apology for this inconvenience. Thank you for your participation and support of our products.

Sincerely,

Tenneco Promotion Headquarters
Got this a week ago an got the visa card today , what a shock
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally got around to mailing my rebate in on June 18th. Wanted to wait 'til all the bugs were worked out of their system.

No word yet, but I'll post the outcome.
TWright

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TWrightSend a Private Message to TWrightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my Monroe shocks from Rock Auto and sent in the rebate forms.

The $60 debit card showed up Saturday!

All is good. :-)

[This message has been edited by TWright (edited 07-09-2013).]

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figures, I order my struts on the Friday after they take down the rebate offer...
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I bought the shocks/struts on March 9 , it to a while ok 4 months , and sum effort but I got
the rebate card yesterday. I hope everyone else that applied gets their rebate.
Must admit did not think I would get it at all. Wife all ready has plans for it
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I finally got around to mailing my rebate in on June 18th. Wanted to wait 'til all the bugs were worked out of their system.

No word yet, but I'll post the outcome.

I got my $60 rebate cheque today, just a few days short of three months since I mailed it in.

Thank-you Monroe (Tenneco).
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad they sent it to you , I did not get mine until I sent them an email with a link to this page so they could
read all the negative comments they were getting.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have any opinions on Gabriel Shocks & Struts?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock