Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  ARE THERE ANY FIEROS IN GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN?? WHERE ARE YOU??? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
ARE THERE ANY FIEROS IN GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN?? WHERE ARE YOU??? by solotwo
Started on: 04-08-2013 11:11 PM
Replies: 63 (902 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 02-07-2014 08:53 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nutherproject68:

I just saw this thread. I'm still in GR! I drive my Fiero daily. I'm up on the NE side now, off Plainfield. I rarely come to PFF anymore. I don't think there are many driveable Fieros in the GR area period.

Dude!!!! you would be shocked at the number of driven Fieros in GR, but even more in West Michigan. I live in the NE just off of Knapp & Fulller. I have been driving a Fiero daily(as in 6 days a week) summer, winter, spring & fall since December 2001. Up until the end of January I was driving a Red 88 Coupe, 2.5, 5 speed. I was hit in a slow speed fender bender. Ins. co. said to much to fix so they handed me a nice check. Now I am driving a Maroon 87 GT 3800SC auto. I sure do miss the manual trans. Are you aware of any areas around GR that Fieros may be cruising or "hanging out"? There used to be a Fiero club that held meetings in G.R. It was called the West Michigan Fiero Club. Some of those members are around, they just dont seem to be active on PFF. Snapperhead has some REAL nice Fieros he is from the GR area. Gene Smith used to have a GT. I helped him get it and his donar car down to The Fiero Factory and get a 4.9 installed. He sold it several years ago. It was painted the New Beatle light yellow. Looked good and that 4.9 ran real good. I am trying to get together with the 'boys" from the Kalamazoo area and the Lansing area Capital City Fieros. Keep in touch.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI

IP: Logged
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by MadMark:

Maybe we can talk and scope each other's cars out at the car museum.

Well I will not be able to attend the Gilmore Car Museum spring dust off as daughter #2 is getting married.
nutherproject68

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're at Knapp and Fuller? I'm at Knapp and Plainfield. Just down the road! My friend has a nice 87GT but it needs a clutch bad. We should track down a few more GR owners and meet up in town somewhere.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're at Knapp and Fuller? I'm at Knapp and Plainfield. Just down the road! My friend has a nice 87GT but it needs a clutch bad. We should track down a few more GR owners and meet up in town somewhere.

That sounds great to me!

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted a black notchie at repair shop on the corner of Leonard & Ball NE. Looks like a 85GT. Who ever parked it, put it on the cement curb. Nice for the front cover.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-06-2013).]

crashyoung

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had my 86 out for a while now, most of my driving is on I96/M6 between Lowell and Byron Center on the week ends and Lowell and GRR airport during the week.
I saw a red notchie a couple of days ago...
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crashyoung:

I have had my 86 out for a while now, most of my driving is on I96/M6 between Lowell and Byron Center on the week ends and Lowell and GRR airport during the week.
I saw a red notchie a couple of days ago...

What color is your car? I work in Lowell and havent seen any Fieros.
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in BIG RAPIDS, only 50 minutes away. Can I claim a Grand Rapids spot?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But of course
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What color is your car? I work in Lowell and havent seen any Fieros.

Well, it is the faded gold, but I am working on that...
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Havent seen your car in Lowell.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked with a retired GM engineer that worked at the Fiero plant. He was working for Fisher Body. He says the Fiero plant was an old Fisher body plant. He lives in Rockford. How cool is that? A Fiero Engineer right here in West Michigan?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Spotted a nice looking light blue notchie going thru Lowell the other day. It was either a SE or GT.
goatvenom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im not in grand rapids but im am in Michigan, i have a gold and silver 87se that i drive everyday in belleville mi

Ryan
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Solo,
Did you see the other Michigan thread about picking a day and location so everyone can try to meet and greet?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I think Gilmore has been tossed around.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one out cruzin GR?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I finally drove over to nutherproject68's place and had a very informative chat. The young man knows his stuff. He has a nice Mustang. Brought back memories from my childhood. When Mustangs were introduced I was a young teen that would start drivers Ed not to long down the road.

I agree with him that metro GR owners need to get together and talk about Fieros!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-26-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by crashyoung:

Hey Solo,
Did you see the other Michigan thread about picking a day and location so everyone can try to meet and greet?

No I must have missed it. What sounds good? Hey I saw a white Formula last week heading into Lowell as I was heading out. Is that your car?
libtechsnow78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for libtechsnow78Send a Private Message to libtechsnow78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait for summer, Im ditching the supercharger and going turbo. I was at metro cruise last summer and will be back this summer. I saw a guy driving a nice gt with a 350sbc lambo doors, was real nice. Im projecting 500 whp on the new turbo setup
libtechsnow78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for libtechsnow78Send a Private Message to libtechsnow78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

libtechsnow78

5 posts
Member since Jan 2014
Hey solo that was my white formula. Are you steve from the dealership here in Lowell?

Originally posted by solotwo:

No I must have missed it. What sounds good? Hey I saw a white Formula last week heading into Lowell as I was heading out. Is that your car?

PFF
System Bot
libtechsnow78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for libtechsnow78Send a Private Message to libtechsnow78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Solo I was the one the stopped into the dealership and wanted to check out your car while I was doing the supercharged setup on mine. I got the car done and drove it for about 3 months and someone texting rear ended me that was the end of the 88 formula. I just got an 86 GT and am transplanting the 3800 into it as we speak. However im going turbo.... should be fun. Will be done by the time good weather hits. It would be cool to get together and do some cruising. Any other fieros in the area that want to join? The more the better.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by libtechsnow78:

Hey solo that was my white formula. Are you steve from the dealership here in Lowell?

I am Steve, but I no longer work there. Laid off.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by libtechsnow78:

Solo I was the one the stopped into the dealership and wanted to check out your car while I was doing the supercharged setup on mine. I got the car done and drove it for about 3 months and someone texting rear ended me that was the end of the 88 formula. I just got an 86 GT and am transplanting the 3800 into it as we speak. However im going turbo.... should be fun. Will be done by the time good weather hits. It would be cool to get together and do some cruising. Any other fieros in the area that want to join? The more the better.

That is so sad. Do you know were the car went? 88 parts are getting hard to find.

Getting together. Yes that is an excellent idea. Lots of Fieros in West Michigan!! Lots in the GR Metro area. Lots of 3800's down in the Kalamazoo area. You would be surprised at the number of V8 Fieros in Grand Rapids. Lansing area has a good club going. There are two Fiero's real close to my house over here by Knapp & Fuller. Both guys are on the forum. Yes lots of Fieros in the area. It would be great to have a get together. It was mentioned that we should meet at Gilmore Farms Museum. Or ? To bad that Orson E Coe sold out to the weezle. When I was working at Coe, I was able to have Pontiac car shows and meetings at the dealership. D.. B... weezle isnt interested in anything like that. Only $$ is all he is interested in.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 02-07-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock