Mookeeh Aftermarket Exhaust by Riddick85
Started on: 04-05-2013 11:34 AM
Replies: 20 (1283 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 01-19-2014 03:19 PM
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had been looking at this setup awhile and decided to finally just buy it. I should be getting it in the mail today. If anyone has any questions about this setup I would be happy to answer them since the lack of specific answers were the reason I hesitated to buy it.

I will post pictures soon and if you want close ups let me know. AND I will post video once my car is all back together (Engine/Trans/Cradle is out of the car)

Link to exhaust I'm talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moo...em588f4fed5a&vxp=mtr
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you required to pass emissions inspections in Detroit? If so, you're likely to have trouble with not having cat/muflfers with this exhaust that isn't street legal.

From the eBay ad:

*THIS EXHAUST SYSTEM IS FOR OFFROAD, RACE AND SHOW USE ONLY

Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No emissions here in Michigan and i do not drive the car very often anyway.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is going to be loud
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes i know it will be loud. I am fine with that.
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Riddick85

819 posts
Member since Oct 2005
Just got the exhaust and put it on. Here are pictures of it. If anyone has questions about how the welds are or how thick it is just let me know, it will be a bit before it goes into the car.

Unboxing, pretty well packaged actually

Gaskets seem real nice and are thick too

Installed

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will need to figure out what tips will help bring the volume down from "****in' painful" to around "what?"
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Will need to figure out what tips will help bring the volume down from "****in' painful" to around "what?"

Best comment EVER!!!! You ain't kiddin, that is going to be insane loud. I did something similar on a Formula with a getrag and no joke you could hear me coming from miles away. But I Y piped it at about shifter area, it sounded sick. I put some tips on it I got free from a buddy, wish we knew what they were cause they were wicked. Some dual OEM of some type, def were not aftermarket tips.

------------------
Put the blow torch down please, its just a Fiero.

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tntcary:

Best comment EVER!!!! You ain't kiddin, that is going to be insane loud. I did something similar on a Formula with a getrag and no joke you could hear me coming from miles away. But I Y piped it at about shifter area, it sounded sick. I put some tips on it I got free from a buddy, wish we knew what they were cause they were wicked. Some dual OEM of some type, def were not aftermarket tips.

Actually guys I have the same setup on my 88. Just getting a cat welded with the same flanges right now. Its pretty loud, but not nearly as loud as I expected it to be.

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice looking with a good fit. i bought the same one as well. i will be using a cat (new jersey requires them) and i got two stainless bottle mufflers to tone it down a little. i hope to install mine in the beginning of the summer. i too was pleasantly surprised with packing and quality. good luck with that...like the headers btw.
al
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will more than likely put the drive train back in Monday and I can get a video of it running. Maybe I can find a decibel meter for my smart phone and measure that too. The engine is very far from stock though so mine may be a bit louder than a stock 2.8 will be.

Originally posted by ace5514:

good luck with that...like the headers btw.
al

Thanks
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is some great looking work on that exhaust, and for a great price too!!!

What is the item in the "catalytic converter" area? Is it a catalytic converter or some kind of muffler (glass-pack type, I assume?).

From personal experience....
(I had the same style exhaust, IRM made that kit years ago, but in 2" dia. pipes)
I installed a Flowmaster 40 series 2-chamber muffler where the catalytic converter would be (NO catalytic converter - emissions laws had not been passed yet, so no NEED for that cat. converter).
I still think that was the best sounding Fiero that I have heard with a 2.8!
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is just a resonator. Its got honeycomb holes throughout the inside of it. I forgot to snap a pic of it but if you would like a picture its easy enough to come off right now.

This exhaust is 2.5" and so are my headers. That with the ported and polished heads it has now, I really wanna hear this thing run.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks to be a well made efficient design. You could probably tune this system for sound by inserting a 13"L turbo style muffler in the position that the CAT normally occupies. Being a 2 1/2" system, if you made a custom crossover, this system could most likely be used on a 4.9L swap to keep the sound reasonable but for a 3800SC or V8 it might prove too small.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice looking exhaust, i basically made the same thing for mine, but that polished stainless is a nice set-up. Not sure if your running an aftermarket cam or not, but here is mine- http://youtu.be/4qvij2icBas
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

nice looking exhaust, i basically made the same thing for mine, but that polished stainless is a nice set-up. Not sure if your running an aftermarket cam or not, but here is mine- http://youtu.be/4qvij2icBas

Sounds mean with that cam! Do you have some sort of firebird-esqe overlay in/on your taillights?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:
Sounds mean with that cam! Do you have some sort of firebird-esqe overlay in/on your taillights?

X2. I forget the name for the tail light mod
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My engine is a 3.4 with trueleo intake, ported and polished heads, trueleo headers, 1.6 full roller rockers and a 260H cam. It should sound pretty good when I get it back together. Probably will sound a lot like yours GTFiero1.

Waking up early to hopefully get it back in tomorrow before work.

[This message has been edited by Riddick85 (edited 04-08-2013).]

dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Riddick, did you ever do a video of how your exhaust sounds?
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have looked at this a few times myself.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riddick85:

... 1.6 full roller rockers and a 260H cam.

I realize that this is an old thread, but if the 260H is the Crane version, this might present a problem. (Yes I know about Comp. But some people tend to get them confused in conversation.)
This will result in lift numbers identical to the 272, which (according to the lift specs and spring specs) is likely to require machining to prevent coil bind.

I had the IRM version of this system on my Formula. I could drive it through our parking deck at work and leave a trail of screaming car alarms.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-03-2018).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock