87 GT Fastback - Build thread by KOS
Started on: 03-20-2013 09:47 AM
Replies: 198 (8113 views)
Last post by: KOS on 04-28-2017 10:19 AM
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to if I could find the time! I still need to find a trailer to bring my Fiero to it's new home.
IP: Logged
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

I would love to if I could find the time! I still need to find a trailer to bring my Fiero to it's new home.

sorry I dont have one to help you out

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:
Here are the doors. Still waiting for the armrests from russ but they have the matching diamond stitch. I am still considering covering the top half with a leather vinyl...

Where did you get that diamond stitching? That looks amazing.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Where did you get that diamond stitching? That looks amazing.

From Russ88Ttop

Got my sun visors, door panels, head liner, arm rests and sun roof cover from him. Nice stuff and fair prices.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some new (to me) rims are on there way! These have been seen before around here but I am glad to have them coming. At least it will finish off the look until the budget allows for some other rims. That wont happen until the motor is complete and suspension is figured out though...17x9 and 17x10

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 02-11-2014).]

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How hard was it to install the widebody?
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not really I dont think. I was at one time building a 355 kit and that was way more challenging. This is mostly bolt on, cut some stuff here and there, drill some holes and it fits. I have the Amida front end that will make it a little more challenging, but I will probably make the body lines on mine smooth so it wont matter. I will see once I get it finished I guess.

I say this but I havent finished mounting it yet! lol. I am close but need to do some more minor things before I glass it into place.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never done any glassing before, would this be a learning curve? Should I practice on something else first?

-Mitch

Oh and your car is looking very nice btw. Everything is coming together. Very interesting and inviting interior you made as well. Very nice.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I havent either really. But it is not rocket science for sure. There are tons of youtube videos to show you some techniques. Most things are not really tough you just have to get after it. I would practice glassing some things before going right on the car but you will get the idea of it pretty quick.

Thanks for the nice words on the car. I am opposite, I wanted my interior done first since that is where I spend my time and I wanted it to feel like a newer car as well. I think I have accomplished my goal with the interior with the tablet, new LED and courtesy lighting...oh and cup holders. But there are still things I would like to do and have to do. I still want to get a new steering wheel and I have to finish the back half of my console. Still need to get new tint done and I also want to cover my A and B pillars in the same fabric.

Then I wanted to do the body, then lastly the engine, which will require me to look at my suspension and braking too. I am trying to do it on a budget as well so I know there are some things I could have done differently but since I am doing so much to the car I have to be careful where I can and just be happy with how it turns out.

I just need to get some time and weather to finish off the body and figure out my paint too. I may try to paint it myself as well as I dont have any friends in the paint industry!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 02-16-2014).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So by chance I was able to sell off my stock rims and threw on the new ones...don't mind the current state of the body I actually had to remove some panels just to get my jack under the car...

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels look Great! The car is coming along nicely!
PFF
System Bot
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! They do make the car look a little better even in the state it is in! Rims sure do make a car. After the motor is done and I figure out the suspension, brakes etc I will look to get the right offset wheel for the car. But at this point I just want to get the body on there!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Dan !

Keep plugging away. i believe those are charlie64's old wheels right ?
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Looking good Dan !

Keep plugging away. i believe those are charlie64's old wheels right ?

Yup those are the ones!
He had a turn key set up with the widened wheels and all of the right spacers so I decided to jump on them. I couldnt afford the ones I wanted at this time so these will get me looking good in the mean time! Now I just have to finish up the body work....

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
took a couple more pics. They are real close to filling out the widebody kit and over all sure make it look better.

I wanted to get a shot to show the width of the tire but this pic doesnt do it justice, but the 285 (11") tire does look a lot better back there.

Definitely needs to be lowered now!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 03-18-2014).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally some progress! She is getting so close to being back on the road!

bad pics I know but I want to snap a couple and get them posted. I will get some more without the shade or masking! But fresh primer is on there!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

got the mask off. Not bad at all. Happy with where it is at for now at least. Next up is the hatchback and trunk lip spoiler. That is after the lights brakes and inspection to drive it for a while!

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Just took some more pics. Bumper isnt on however.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! What color you going with?
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Looking good! What color you going with?

I guess some of it will depend on how straight I can get the lines. I would like black but need it to be pretty straight for that. So It may go white with some black accents.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everyone likes a nice a$$ shot

The wheels are 10" and I think they are the smallest that look ok with the widebody. I think 12s would be the right look. (at least from the back) mine are only 17" rims and I think 19s are a better fit. 19x12 with some stupid offset for deep dish is $$$$$, and is why I will have to wait before I upgrade my rims

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good man! Are you going to paint it before you do the lip spoiler and hatch?

Ben
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Looking good man! Are you going to paint it before you do the lip spoiler and hatch?

Ben

What do you mean it is painted! No I won't paint it for a while. Want to check for cracks as finish the hatch and body work. Plus I have the engine and suspension still to do. So it may be in primer for a while or at best a cheap paint job...

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump to keep this thread alive! I hope to have this completed early in the new year now.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk about limping along.... The car is mostly done to be able to drive it anyways. I just need a couple light bulbs, a battery and all 4 brakes done (but at least I have all the brake parts). Then off to inspection and it should be road worthy. I got all the side marker lights and turn lights wired up. Front bumper is mostly done and mounted. Put in the new steering wheel.

At this point I want to drive the damn thing even if it is in primer and there are still 100 little things left to do.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan...you should come up to Spring Fling if she is road worthy
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Dan...you should come up to Spring Fling if she is road worthy

Yeah I would love to and I just say the post. but this car build has ticked me off some now. I was rolling so good for a while. then I lost a bunch of free time, then we had some financial changes in the house. Thankfully I bought most everything I needed. Time has started to free up a little bit again and the other weekend I was able to get all the wiring in and final mounting for the bumper. Except I still need to wire in the fog lights, but those arent critical right now. Oh and I at least got in my momo wheel Once the brakes are done I just hope inspection is fine and I dont have any gremlins that pop up.

I still have these parts that I bought that need to be put on
Brakes
suspension
LED tail lights
wire harness for fog lights
There a bunch of little things in the interior that need to be finished. Including (but not limited to) finishing the back half of the console.
trunk lip spoiler (although I see Archie has a nicer one than I have and I may wait and get that instead and sell mine off)
probably 75% of stuff for the motor swap
bunch of badges and door sills

Then a ton of body work to prep for paint

But at least I will have a ton of stuff to resell.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you had someone do the bodywork for paint a while back.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

got the mask off. Not bad at all. Happy with where it is at for now at least. Next up is the hatchback and trunk lip spoiler. That is after the lights brakes and inspection to drive it for a while!

What size rims are these? My hope is to use Archie's widebody and I have a line on Niche 19 in wheels, that I can't decide on. I don't want to small and it seam like the widebody need big rims. I wish there was one nearby because pictures don't always work for me.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I thought you had someone do the bodywork for paint a while back.

I had someone help but they didnt finish, never got far enough to paint it. I ended up doing the cutting and fitting, then they bonded it to the car.

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 03-05-2015).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008

Originally posted by LornesGT:

What size rims are these? My hope is to use Archie's widebody and I have a line on Niche 19 in wheels, that I can't decide on. I don't want to small and it seam like the widebody need big rims. I wish there was one nearby because pictures don't always work for me.

these are 17x9 and 17x10

PFF
System Bot
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my new steering wheel installed but that is about it for now...

I do really like the way this new wheel looks in the car though!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 04-13-2015).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just gonna leave this right here

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the keys in it?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, that`s false advertizing.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Hey, that`s false advertizing.

Why yes, yes it is

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man this car is looking awesome. Keep up the good work. That interior is killer!
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Detainabull:

Man this car is looking awesome. Keep up the good work. That interior is killer!

Thanks. But I have to admit the last pic of the car in white is a photoshop of what I plan to do. I have to add on the trunk lip spoiler still and then for now I am going to wrap the car to get it what that pic shows. Also unfortunately those rims arent on the car either, those are just the rims I want for it. But at $1000 a piece before rubber they will be on hold for a while!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How sad, I have only gotten this far on the project. I did get it out and drive it a few times a year ago! ugh.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave