Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gauging Interest... Notchback LED Tail Lights (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gauging Interest... Notchback LED Tail Lights by doublec4
Started on: 03-17-2013 05:36 PM
Replies: 88 (3859 views)
Last post by: doublec4 on 12-10-2013 08:14 PM
Mr.Goodwrench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.GoodwrenchClick Here to visit Mr.Goodwrench's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.GoodwrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like!!
IP: Logged
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like too Chris. Do you suppose there would be a way to integrate my 4 bulb sequential system to a setup with out reverse lights?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's it coming along?
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
think about this idea almost daily lol and i am still serious about putting a deposit down for a set to show interest.
Thanks
Ryan
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the continued interest guys.

I have enough parts here to build a few sets now. I'm just waiting a little longer because I want to do more thorough testing on my car first. I just got it roadworthy again this past weekend and it should be back on the road again next week!

Thanks guys!
taps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tapsSend a Private Message to tapsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very interest as well!
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely interested!
I think the two lines look much better than a hollow box.
I would pay more for a sequential turn signal but would definitely buy a set of them either way.
taps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tapsSend a Private Message to tapsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
id buy a set
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cant wait for them to be ready.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait!!
CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pending a fastback swap from a kind gentleman so i must note that I would no longer be able to utilize this fantastic looking product... Best of luck ( didnt want to be a no show when they hit the market)
Thanks
Ryan
PFF
System Bot
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested... love the LED taillights on my Charger and it would be awesome if my Fiero's matched, in a way.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been testing the set on my car and I am going to be redesigning them. They need to be brighter so I will be going with different LED lights.

I know there are quite a few people waiting for them, but I'd rather put out a good product instead of rushing it.

Since they are extremely labor intensive to make, I was wondering how you guys might feel about me offering them as a "kit"

Basically I would include everything you need to put them together (Lenses, mounting, LEDs, connectors, etc) and all you would have to do is solder the LED's to the wires. It would bring the price way down and I figure most people on the forum are pretty handy people. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 05-11-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I've been testing the set on my car and I am going to be redesigning them. They need to be brighter so I will be going with different LED lights.

I know there are quite a few people waiting for them, but I'd rather put out a good product instead of rushing it.

Since they are extremely labor intensive to make, I was wondering how you guys might feel about me offering them as a "kit"

Basically I would include everything you need to put them together (Lenses, mounting, LEDs, connectors, etc) and all you would have to do is solder the LED's to the wires. It would bring the price way down and I figure most people on the forum are pretty handy people. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

That would be great to keep the cost down for the do-it-yerselfer.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in a DIY kit, it'll probably be about 3-4 months before I'm ready for them though.

------------------
we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

Built not bought... Because bolt-ons don't.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Consider me in for a DIY kit. Gimme a schematic and a reasonable set of instructions and I'll be ginnin' ear to ear
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you think the price would be for a DIY kit? For sure interested in one. If you need a GT set of lights to work on for something similar PM me.

Ben
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

What do you think the price would be for a DIY kit? For sure interested in one. If you need a GT set of lights to work on for something similar PM me.

Ben

Kind of hard to say right now... but I'll venture a guess and estimate around $150

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in either way!
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since your humoring the idear of a DIY, does this mean that the GT might be on the books?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm for sure interested in at least a DIY kit and maybe a completed one.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Subscribed!! Love the idea, but I currently own a fastback. Will consider if you make a GT version.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting. Count me in. Wonderful work on this needed upgrade.

Cordially [sup]
Kevin
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pending final costs for both the DIY and the complete I would love a set of these. but then i'd have to change all my lights to LED to make it look uniform......damn this would end up costing me a fortune lol

------------------

87' Fiero SE
03' BMW X5

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone,

I will consider doing the GT once I get the notchback ones on the market. Too many projects on the go right now
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4: What kind of lead time do you think you're looking at for a DIY kit?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bulldog85043:

doublec4: What kind of lead time do you think you're looking at for a DIY kit?

Well, I have the design, I'm just waiting on a bunch of components to get mailed to me.

I would say about a month before a kit is ready.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I've discussed, I wasn't really happy with the first version of my LED tail lights. The parking lights were bright enough, but I was a little concerned about the brake and turn signal lights after testing them out for a few weeks. I've since moved to a different design with better LED lights. The parking light pattern is different, and so is the brake/turn pattern. Here are some pictures! (Keep in mind this is only with a 12V power source, I have designed the wiring for 13.5+ volts. They will actually be even brighter. You will also notice that with the brake and parking lights on, my power source can't keep up.)

No lights on:

Parking lights only:

Brake light only:

Brake and parking lights:

I will get more pictures of the lights on the car so you can see how bright they actually are with a proper power supply.

I will be testing these out for a little while and then I will be offering them for sale as a kit if they meet my expectations.

The kit will keep the price low and give you a little project to tinker with You will only need to know how to solder and I will provide the components.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-01-2013).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look awesome man!! I love looking forward to new products like this. You do some top notch stuff man.

------------------

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work, definantly interested in a kit version.

Joe
PFF
System Bot
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!

My only suggestion, you may consider offering a limited number of completed sets as well, in case anyone would rather pay more than try to build them.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

Excellent!

My only suggestion, you may consider offering a limited number of completed sets as well, in case anyone would rather pay more than try to build them.

I agree!

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys,

Doubt they will be ready by the 30th unfortunately. At this time I also just don't have the time to make fully assembled kits. I *may* eventually have time to make 1 or 2 but I would have to charge twice as much. They are fairly time consuming to put together, but it's by no means difficult to do.

NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This I will be watching and waiting for! But only on ready to install kit as my soldering skill are very lacking. My only suggestion, how hard would it be to make the brake and turn sequential? I in either way it was just a passing thaught!
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Well, I have the design, I'm just waiting on a bunch of components to get mailed to me.

I would say about a month before a kit is ready.

Still count me in for a kit. Drop a dime when they're ready

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
DKFiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKFieroSend a Private Message to DKFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very interested, as I am buying an '86 SE on Monday and will be completely modernizing the whole car.
but not $250 dollars interested...
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKFiero:

I am very interested, as I am buying an '86 SE on Monday and will be completely modernizing the whole car.
but not $250 dollars interested...

Will be less as a kit. That was previously the price when I was going to make the whole thing.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest pictures

Parking lights:

Brake/Turn:

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)