Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Rubber bushings for 88 trailing arms (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rubber bushings for 88 trailing arms by Rodney
Started on: 03-02-2013 04:04 AM
Replies: 81 (2632 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-27-2015 03:40 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have not talked much about the durometer of the rubber but I told them it is for s sports car. Since this is what this company does they will offer some suggestions. I would lean towards a mid range. Not super hard and not super soft. I'm waiting on their suggestions yet.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
The large bushings for the long front to rear trailing arms design work is finished and they are going to start to make the mold/tooling. Hopefully the other two will follow soon.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what the durometer rating of the original bushings were?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

The large bushings for the long front to rear trailing arms design work is finished and they are going to start to make the mold/tooling. Hopefully the other two will follow soon.

Closer and closer...
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the bushings are finished design wise. They are making the molds now etc and should be making some samples in the next week or two. I hope to have a few samples of each in hand by mid August or so. If the samples fit/work out I will have a run of them made and I should have them in stock by early winter or so.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
The drawings/design work is finished for the 1988 front and rear sway bar to frame rubber bushings and they are making the molds. I hope to have some samples on hand by mid August also.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney: The large bushings for the long front to rear trailing arms design work is finished and they are going to start to make the mold/tooling. Hopefully the other two will follow soon.

SWEET! I'll buy a set as soon as they become available.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

SWEET! I'll buy a set as soon as they become available.

+1
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patiently waiting...
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The samples are finished and I should have them in maybe 2 weeks or so.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woo Hoo, I am tired of my poly ones! LMK when they can be ordered.
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tested the samples and found a few minor things that need to be changed. So I am working on that plus the guy at the manufacturer that is handling this project is on vacation but should be back soon. This has been a long process. But it will get done eventually. Plus I have to have special jigs made so people that buy them can press them in. Without these special tools one would probably ruin them trying to install them. These jigs will probably be aluminum and included with each set sold. I think I can have this all finished by early next year/late winter sometime.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nvm you answered my question in earlier post, guess I should read first :X

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 09-30-2014).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest update: They made the molds and such and I received only a couple samples of each bushing. My fault for not asking for maybe 20+ of each one. The problem I found is they are hard to press in the steel suspension pieces. I made aluminum pieces to support and press them in. You can only press on the outer lip as the rubber is in the way to press on the tube area. The dies have been made and to make the rolling dies smaller (I'm not sure if they are called rolling dies for the outer shells, I'm calling them rolling dies. Maybe forming dies?) I would have to pay an extra cost. Also the company guy is being difficult. He insists they are OK as is. They have been making suspension bushings like this for many decades. I sent them one each of the steel suspension arms so they could measure the ID's. So they are making me a small run of 100 pieces to try first to see if we need to make new rolling dies. What I am going to try (by their suggestion) is use some light lubricant like WD-40. Also on some I'll work the ID of the steel suspension arm some with a flapper sanding wheel and then try pushing one in with some WD-40. If this works well I'll have them make a large batch of each. If I had several samples of each I could have done this by now.

Each kit I sell will include the aluminum press in pieces. One to set it on and one to put on top to press them in. Will be 4-5 pieces. 2 for the large bushings and 2-3 for the small bushings. I feel this is the only way. If the flapper sanding wheel is needed I'll include one of those also.

I'm passionate about this because it is a very needed part. Eventually I will get them finished. This one has been a challenge.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Continuing on: They originally made me only 2 samples of each. They seemed to be too hard to press in but I only tried pressing one each in so I could save one as a new sample. They were not impossible to press in. Just very tight. So I have had them make me 100 more of each one so I can test some to see how they press in. They should be here in a few weeks. They suggest using a flapper wheel to sand the ID of the bore they go in to and then a light lubricant like WD-40. I could also try things like liquid soap. Never-seize etc. Any suggestions?

I sent them samples of the trailing arms to measure the ID's and they determined the size to make them. This company makes these all the time. So they might be OK.

I could also use some arms for R&D. Anyone have any arms they can sell me? For the long front to back arms one could cut of just the very end. I do not need them full length. Or is someone wants to send me their trailing arms I'll put the new bushings in them and send them back.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or if someone wants to send me their trailing arms I'll put the new bushings in them and send them back.

If you still need someone to R&D the bushings please PM me. I'm in desperate need of new bushings and I don't plan on using poly.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting on the bushings yet. Maybe they will be here in a few weeks or so. I have 2 that are offering to send me some arms for testing the fit. But I have not yet received them from these guys. So as I get closer to me receiving the bushings I'll remind these 2 guys to make sure they send me these arms soon. I have 100 of each bushings coming. So I should be able to do 24-25 sets of arms. If you are desperate send me your arms also and I'll install some for you. Although I will soon have the bushings I still have to get the press in pieces made. They will be aluminum. Every kit I sell will have these push in pieces. There is really no way to press these in without these special push in aluminum pieces to press the bushings in and support the arm when pressing in the bushing. I made a set for me but I have to look at the design and finalize the drawings and get some made. I might be able to make some here to start so some can get bushings installed right away.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm waiting on the bushings yet. Maybe they will be here in a few weeks or so. I have 2 that are offering to send me some arms for testing the fit. But I have not yet received them from these guys. So as I get closer to me receiving the bushings I'll remind these 2 guys to make sure they send me these arms soon. I have 100 of each bushings coming. So I should be able to do 24-25 sets of arms. If you are desperate send me your arms also and I'll install some for you. Although I will soon have the bushings I still have to get the press in pieces made. They will be aluminum. Every kit I sell will have these push in pieces. There is really no way to press these in without these special push in aluminum pieces to press the bushings in and support the arm when pressing in the bushing. I made a set for me but I have to look at the design and finalize the drawings and get some made. I might be able to make some here to start so some can get bushings installed right away.

Going to P.O. now to send you the Arms. I will be ordering some Ball Joints too and will include a note on my order so you can mail them all back in a single package if possible.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm finally getting these bushings to try out. Seems a few shipments got thru the ports in CA. I'm lucky one of them was mine. I'm picking up my stuff today and I'll start on these in the next week or so. Does not help being so cold outside lately also.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 100 of each bushing in hand now. Enough to do about 24- 25 sets of rear 88 links depending if I trash some trying them out. A few have asked me about these. It will be a while before I'll be selling these. The problem is I need to have special aluminum push in and support pieces made. You can only push on the outer diameter and they stick out past the edge on the other side. So I need to supply special parts so people can press these in. What I will be doing is offering that if you send me your arms I'll press in new bushings. You obviously pay for shipping both ways and the cost of the bushings. You have to remove the rubber from them and clean them up before you send them to me. These will be sold in sets to do all 6 arms on the rear of the 88 Fiero. The two large front to back arms and the four smaller side to side arms (adjustable and none adjustable). If anyone really wants these soon just get email me.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on this yesterday. All seems to be OK and I made some excellent progress. I was able to press in the new bushings in using never seize. Someone suggested using never seize as a lubricant to press steel sleeved bushings into control arms. I can't find a note saying who that was but thanks. It works. It appears the bushing outer diameters are the correct size. The fit tight but not too tight where you can't press them in without bending the outer steel lips. The company that is making these has been making these types of suspension bushings for many decades so they know how to make them. I did use a flapper sanding wheel to clean the ID of the arms. Most of the arms I have were in good condition. I pressed out the old rubber pieces instead of burning them out. I will include some flapper sanding wheels with these kits. The ID of the suspension arms should be sanded before you press in the new bushings.

I devised a nice way to press the bushings into the shorter toe in/toe out adjustable arms. They do not get pressed all the way in. It just happens to be that the gap under the lip of the bushing is about .250" so I machined a U plate from 1/4" steel. As you press the new bushing in you use the U plate as a stop. Once the lip touches the U plate you are done. The nice thing is this same U plate can also be used to press the old bushings out. I'll post pictures later. A simple solution and a major hurdle overcome.

To make this a customer useable kit I'll have to make a few more installation parts. A steel tube for pressing the old bushings out of the adjustable arms. Plus a round piece to press down on the old bushings/steel sleeves. Getting the steel sleeves out of the adjustable arms is somewhat difficult. One could burn the rubber out then somehow work on getting the old steel sleeves out. Having a steel tube piece and a round aluminum piece to use makes it doable. Having access to a arbor press helps a lot.

Plus all the special aluminum press in pieces. You can only press on the very outer edge and that edge is not very wide. Also as you press the bushings in they go out past the other end. So one needs a special base to support the arms so the bushings can be pressed in.

Now that I am to this point I have to get these installation parts made. Unfortunately that will take a few months yet. These will only be available as a complete set to do all 6 rear suspension arms on the 88 Fiero and each complete kit will include all the installation tools, never seize and the flapper sanding wheels. It is nice to use an arbor press to press these in but one should be able to use a work bench vice. You would most likely need a helper to help hold everything as you tighten the vice.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 03-01-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One update: I decided to try an idea today on getting the steel sleeves out of the adjustable toe in/toe out links. I pressed out the rubber and center steel tube leaving the OEM steel sleeve in place. Others can always heat up the sleeves to get the rubber out. With the rubber and center tube removed I used a chisel and started denting one area of the steel sleeve to try and get it to loosen up and get it out with common hand tools. After denting this area of the steel sleeve inward the steel sleeve came out fairly easy. I'll post some pictures soon. This is a great help as I do not have to make these two tools to help get these sleeves out. IMO one should not use a hack saw to try and cut them out as one might start cutting into the steel of the link ends. So I'll work on getting the installation tools made and I hope to have these kits available in a few-several weeks (probably longer than that, you know how that usually goes).

This has been a long, long journey to get this done.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 03-01-2015).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will like a set when they are ready to go!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. Glad you are going to make these available again!

Thanks as always for your contribution to the Fiero world!

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...These will only be available as a complete set to do all 6 rear suspension arms on the 88 Fiero

Ouch. I was under the impression that you were going to do a replacement set just for the trailing arms.

I have poly in my entire rear suspension, but would prefer to replace just the trailing arm bushings with rubber, leaving the poly in the lateral/toe links.
Please consider offering that option, as well.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to make these available to order with the opinion that you need to have the correct diameter tool press in pieces to press them in. I'm going to take some pictures of installing them tomorrow into some arms. For the time being one will be able to order the bushings only but in several weeks they will come with all the tools needed to install them. The price will be higher once I have all the installation parts in the kit. Hopefully I'll get the pictures and web page all done tomorrow. If not I'll get that done next week.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Requesting that you make just the trailing arm bushing kit available as a separate kit.

Originally posted by fieroguru:
...I only run rubber bushings in the trailing link to keep road harshness to a minimum so I would be interested in a few sets of the trailing link bushings.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These will only be available as a complete set to do all 6 rear suspension arms on the 88 Fiero and each complete kit will include all the installation tools, never seize and the flapper sanding wheels. It is nice to use an arbor press to press these in but one should be able to use a work bench vice. You would most likely need a helper to help hold everything as you tighten the vice.

A do-it-yourself kit with all the parts and installation tools will be very appreciated. Thanks.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Requesting that you make just the trailing arm bushing kit available as a separate kit.

I can do that. They would include installation press pieces, sanding flapper wheel and never-seize.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 03-22-2015).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can do that. They would include installation press pieces, sanding flapper wheel and neversez.

Perfect! Thank you.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the idea I can make the press in tools out of steel tube to start and maybe have them made out of aluminum later. I'm out of town but will be home tomorrow. I'll work on that this week. I'm sure I can get that done in a week or two. I should be able to offer them for sale very soon.
------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 03-08-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started on making the press in tools yesterday. I'll have this all done by 3-21-15. I will have these kits available on my web page soon. I should have my web page for these updated by the end of next week. I should be able to ship these starting on Monday 3-23-15. I have everything on hand except for the press in tools I'm making. I will have these press in tools all made by the end of next week. Sorry this has taken so long.

A much needed part indeed.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
One additional item: When I used to offer the rear knuckle steel bushing rebuild service I also reamed the bottom hole for the long trailing arms to accept a 1/2" bolt (replacing the 12 mm bolt). The ID of that hole is very close to 1/2" and the bushing inner sleeves of the suspension bushings are big enough to accept 1/2" bolts. 12 mm is smaller than 1/2" (12.7 mm). Using the 1/2" bolts in the long trailing arm at both ends eliminated some possible looseness. When I went to ream these lower holes in the knuckles I generally only removed a very small amount of material and the holes were tapered and only small on one end. So one should easily be able to take a round file and file the holes slightly allowing the 1/2" bolt to fit. In the front the 1/2" bolt fits without any modifications. If one has a 1/2" unibit they generally drill very close to .500" So one could use a 1/2" unibit also. Maybe do a test hole in a piece of scrap first to see how large of hole your unibit makes before using in on the rear knuckles.

I will offer this as an upgrade to my 88 rear suspension bushing kits. 4 bolts and 4 all steel prevailing torque nuts. Grade 8.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have finally finished this project. What a long road to get here. I have them on my web page now, in stock and ready to ship:

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...6_43&products_id=358

This one was difficult but I persisted and finally got there.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The price for the "long arm" kit is different in the text, from what is in the dropdown. Unless I missed a detail somewhere, which is entirely possible.

Looking forward to grabbing a set of these. Thank you!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just so I'm clear, does this kit replace all the bushings on the rear of an 88? In other words with this kit installed an 88 rear suspension should be as good as new? (assuming new struts)
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The price for the "long arm" kit is different in the text, from what is in the dropdown.

Fixed that.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000

Originally posted by jscott1:

Just so I'm clear, does this kit replace all the bushings on the rear of an 88? In other words with this kit installed an 88 rear suspension should be as good as new? (assuming new struts)

Yes and yes.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay thanks.

Add this to my birthday list for rebuilding my 88 rear end.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fixed that.

Thank you sir.
Just placed an order.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors