Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Parts from other cars. Post your pics (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Parts from other cars. Post your pics by indygrandprix
Started on: 02-15-2013 09:24 AM
Replies: 44 (2179 views)
Last post by: Erwin03 on 11-06-2017 11:29 AM
indygrandprix

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indygrandprixSend a Private Message to indygrandprixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wanted to start a thread for people to post what parts from other cars they have used on their cars. (ex. mustang spoiler) Thought it would be a good way for people to see what they can do with parts from other cars.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work in progress...

3800SC L32 from a 2005 GTP.

F23 from a 2002 Cavalier 2200.
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes yes please post. very interesting to see what people have come up with.

bump bump
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodge Shadow Rear Spoiler

------------------

88 Formula CJB Arrived Finally. #689 of 1252
Time to start Working TONY!
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Home made air extractor courtesy of a Subaru Imprezza.

TLG's C6 Vette tips.

------------------

Fieroking Customs

onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, interesting idea. Does it vent enough to help any with front end lightness at speed? I've been wanting to do a vent, and I like the idea of a less invasive option. Certainly no lack of Scoobies here in VT to get one from. Do you have any overall shots of the car?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Home made air extractor courtesy of a Subaru Imprezza.

Cool have an underhood pic of that? It seems to deal with the ridge in the center of the hood well.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-15-2013).]

rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumper from honda Del-Sol

Mirrors from Del-Sol

Inner door handle from Audi I believe

I've got some switches from the Del-Sol not installed yet, Ray
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onesexyfiero:

Hmm, interesting idea. Does it vent enough to help any with front end lightness at speed? I've been wanting to do a vent, and I like the idea of a less invasive option. Certainly no lack of Scoobies here in VT to get one from. Do you have any overall shots of the car?

Yes, it does wonders for venting. Now, I have had my Fiero near the 130 mph range once, and several times in the 120's. As far as any front end lift, I can say that my headlights do not pop up anymore. I did it mostly for the cooling factor, and it is very signifigant. Like a hair dryer when the fan is on.

Originally posted by 2.5:

Cool have an underhood pic of that? It seems to deal with the ridge in the center of the hood well.

Obviously during fitment. It is/was held in with Automotive Goop. I have an issue with that stuff not holding, and another member here has the materials to mount it with an industrial two stage epoxy. Just the other day I removed the extractor to prep it for a more permanant install. After it is stuck on, I plan on glassing in the underside, which it fits snuggly into, and repainting the underside of my hood and decklid.

Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

Dodge Shadow Rear Spoiler

That is a cool rear spoiler. Does it cause you any visibility problems?
Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad Raider:

That is a cool rear spoiler. Does it cause you any visibility problems?

It helps cause it is shorter then the Stock Wing. and besides right now, I dont think i need to worry about the visibility, hehehe

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kento (edited 02-15-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:
Bumper from honda Del-Sol

Please tell me that's one of the cheap aftermarket reproductions of that front bumper, and not an original.
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, sounds well worth it. Might just steal the idea. Any overall shots of the car with the scoop?
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Please tell me that's one of the cheap aftermarket reproductions of that front bumper, and not an original.

LOL, What does it matter? Is the Del-Sol rare or something? Ray

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 02-15-2013).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a L88 hood scoop on mine.

Fiero Fiberglass pulled their molds from my hood.....
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grand Am dash:

Celebrity front uprights and hubs (for rear)

Olds 4.0, with Caddy and Grand Am axles

Grand Am coolant recovery bottle

Grand Prix cruise control module

Mustang Cobra 13" rotors

Camaro calipers

Thats what I can think of for now...

Edit: Firebird door panel parts, window switches, power mirror switches, and door lock switches.

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-15-2013).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onesexyfiero:

Tony, sounds well worth it. Might just steal the idea. Any overall shots of the car with the scoop?

I can oblige. Thanks for the comments folks.

Edit: Very good thread idea! So many of us have been creative when it comes to our little passion. So many great ideas.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-15-2013).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Very nice door panel there RCR.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RCR, any write ups on the Mustang brakes? I used to be pretty big into the Mustang scene years back. Interests sparked. . Thank you
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Window switches from the rear doors of a 2002 Silverado. They are waterproof, they light up, and they use an internal relay so they don't wear out like the Fiero switches.

Auto dimming rearview mirror from a Cadillac. These are priceless IMHO...especially in the convertible where you have NOTHING blocking light from behind.

Shift knob from some other GM car. Bonneville?

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 02-15-2013).]

Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh ya, I can contribute. .....I have camaro window switches in my car. Thanks for the reminder Mr. Patoot. Great thread btw.

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx Blooze...

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

RCR, any write ups on the Mustang brakes? I used to be pretty big into the Mustang scene years back. Interests sparked. . Thank you

Tony, Here you go... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090523.html

Bob
Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Dont forget the Roof! has been replaced with AIR!!!

------------------

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:
Dont forget the Roof! has been replaced with AIR!!!

But it didn't come from another car.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:
LOL, What does it matter? Is the Del-Sol rare or something? Ray

That's not a standard del Sol bumper. It's the Mugen PRO.3 bumper style. If it was an actual Mugen bumper, it would have been worth $1200-1500 just for the bumper.

indygrandprix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indygrandprixSend a Private Message to indygrandprixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought i would add a few others that I have found online. These are NOT my person car. And if they are of your car please feel free to take credit for them.

Sunfire Rims (I like how they retain a factory look but give you 16 inch rims)

Grand Prix Headlight. Just found this one interesting.

Mustang Spoiler Seen this done on a few different cars I was thinking of doing it myself but I actually think I like the dodge shadow spoiler idea better
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by indygrandprix:
Mustang Spoiler Seen this done on a few different cars I was thinking of doing it myself but I actually think I like the dodge shadow spoiler idea better
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I don't feel the Mustang spoiler flows with the lines of the nochie. The shadow spoiler lines up perfectly and suits the car great. But again that is how I feel and Have had 2 fireos with one installed

------------------

fffttt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know anything about that Grand Prix nose installation? I'm really thinking seriously about trying that. I think it looks neat!
Ray.
Dogcreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DogcreekSend a Private Message to DogcreekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2007 Gran Prix spoiler - C4 (late version) Corvette Tail lights and Corvette C6 tips... Also Gran Prix GXP steering column. and in case anyone asks... my extremely bright LED backup light strip that can be seen from outer space... below it the LED plate light.

Jeff

------------------

Mine = 1986/2007 LS4 Fiero GXP
Brides= All stock 1988 Formula

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Ray,

Did you have to do any mod to the Del-Sol mirror base to get the angle correct?

Will

You have to do quita a bit of modification to door and door panel! The mirror angle is damn close but will need a smallllll bit of fill up top.

I had to cut the old mount off and make a new one and will have to add bolts to hold end of dew wipe. Ray
PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VR6 from a Volkswagen Jetta

Rims from a Volkswagen GTI (bolt up with no mods)

Exhaust tips from a Porsche 911 GT2

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Midsubishi 3000GT Headlights & Buick Regal mirrors & Mini Cooper front side marker lights....

2011 Camaro Tail Lights & Mini Cooper rear side marker lights

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-16-2013).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When Charlie's car came back to our shop after you finished the widebody, we had it parked next to a MINI and I said, "Holy crap". I never would have noticed the markers are the same unless we had them side by side.

Dave
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

VR6 from a Volkswagen Jetta

Rims from a Volkswagen GTI (bolt up with no mods)

OK, that's just cool.
Exhaust tips from a Porsche 911 GT2

Dave

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toms aftermarket mr2 roof scoop
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 86 GT had 4.9 Caddie & trans. S-10 brake booster, 4 core alum radiator, GranAm brakes, Caddie rear view mirror, Caddie horns, Caddie exhaust tips, S-10 radio/cd player and gold interior trim from a refrigerator. Dietmar side scoops and rockers. Rear wing moved back 4 1/2 inches. Fiero Store turbo scoops and Trams Am hood scoops and K Hines deck vent. Wood Grain dash and Keith M park lite covers. American Racing wheels and custom driving lights. Oh forgot I bought the cat new in Sept 1986 and still have it. It's more fun than bar hopping and a lot cheaper.

[This message has been edited by spirit (edited 11-16-2015).]

Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Leather from an alfa romeo 159 in my fiero, does that count?
I repainted the entire interior in a BMW colour to.. if that helps ;-)

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The backup lights on a Mera were provided by a Ford Escort station wagon (85 IIRC). BTW, the engine also came from another vehicle since a fuel injected 383 was not offered as an option on a Fiero.

If I ever get this project to a paint shop, the new color will be the 2005 Lotus British Racing Green so I guess that might also qualify as something from another car.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 11-06-2017).]

migs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erwin03:

I have Leather from an alfa romeo 159 in my fiero, does that count?
I repainted the entire interior in a BMW colour to.. if that helps ;-)

What paint did you use for this exactly and was your car the 2 tone light and darker brown to begin with or you actually painted every piece of plastic you had that darker brown, it looks very similar to my center console pieces and I'm not a fan of the lighter tan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock