Started on: 01-28-2013 04:02 PM
Replies: 85 (2597 views)
Last post by: Fierosmith on 07-13-2016 05:59 PM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news ladies and gentlemen! The next Fiero coin will be completely new, both sides. If we are going to do this, lets do it right.
I just received word back from Joe at EMI and we will need the artwork to be approved first but its not a problem.

Lets create a wish list of things that each of us want to have on the coin:

-Exact production beginning and ending dates

-Car art. (If we do this I want both a notchy and a fastback on the same coin, possibly one on each side).

-I would like to have at least 4 colors if not 5 on the new side(s) of the coin. (Keep in mind that each color needs to be in a recessed area, kind of like coloring inside of the lines)

This is the first entirely new Fiero geocoin since the project began. Lets create something amazing. If you are interested in what is possible as far as our production capablilities go please take a moment to look at some of the sample coins from our manufacturer. Note the varioous color choices and edge design options.

Just like in the first project, whomever can come up with the the artwork that we decide on gets a free coin. I will give one for the front and one for the back of the coin.

Right now we are not taking orders. I will start a new thread for that after our artwork is approved.

If you are an artist this is your chance to create something amazing.

-----------------Original Post-----------------------

I am planning to start another geocoin project next month after my testing at work is done. I won't have time until then to organize it but I was wondering what you all think it should look like as far as the colors and metal choices go.

Some of you have also asked me about obtaining coins from a previous run. As you know, we will probably never remake a coin after its original run is over. Right now now GTCONVERSION is offering to sell some previous coins in The Mall including a Tyler coin. This is a rare opportunity to still get them if your collection isn't complete. Link

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 03-12-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a 30th Anniversary coin?

Dont know what colors would be approprite at this point, but thought I'd toss it out there...

Thinking out loud....

Jim

An of course whatever is decided.... I'M IN !!!

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

How about a 30th Anniversary coin?

Dont know what colors would be approprite at this point, but thought I'd toss it out there...

Thinking out loud....

Jim

An of course whatever is decided.... I'M IN !!!

fantastic idea!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IM in! (just wanted to make sure you knew that!!)
first off.... any chance someone can put together a picture list of all the past runs of these coins. I have 7 different ones, but Im missing one!
Lastly.... I like the idea of a 30th coin!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero67:.. any chance someone can put together a picture list of all the past runs of these coins. I have 7 different ones, but Im missing one!
Lastly.... I like the idea of a 30th coin!

Here you go in no particular order ......

if any of you have a color scheme for the new coin let me know I will post them here....
regards
Danyel
------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-28-2013).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dole colors (see below)

------------------

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
(84 IMSA) garage queen
(84 base) big orange firecracker
(06 solstice) my vert Fiero
(00 jeep wrangler) fun in the mud.
The forums Youngest CDL driver

fiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Here you go in no particular order ......

if any of you have a color scheme for the new coin let me know I will post them here....
regards
Danyel

THANKS
whats the one that is 3rd from the left on the bottom... can i get a close up of that one? (i believe thats the one Im missing) PLEASE.... plus you got a plus from me
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would a 30th anniversary be a redesign? I would love to see this design!
Is that possible? (asking, I do not know what is involved)

Are these coins able to be high polished, to look like a polished aluminum / chrome?
If so, id like to be the first to suggest silver polished & gold polished (is this possible?)
Or, the polished look with another color, possibly any factory paint color that was originally offered on a Fiero?

Or, since the Fiero is an American made car, how about a coin with red, white, and blue colors?

btw, I am in for a few once the color combo is decided!
Chris
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to get one of the blue and silver ones to use as a front fashia emblem on a 87' Blue GT.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Dole colors (see below)

Colors match the Tyler coin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For sure 30th anniv coin!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew I had missed out on a lot of the coins, but seeing the entire run just makes me even more sad.

I have one coin left from the original run. I had ordered three, but PFFQT is still roaming the world, and I haven't seen an update from her in a while... One of the coins was placed in a Geocache bin, and last I checked, I believe it is in Washington State... I need to look again.

Someone was kind enough to send me a Tyler coin, which is very special to me.

Those are the only ones I own. I'll have to see if I can get back in on these again and hopefully find the rest of the collection.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero67:
THANKS
whats the one that is 3rd from the left on the bottom... can i get a close up of that one? (i believe thats the one Im missing) PLEASE.... plus you got a plus from me

4th edition coin Black and Gold

fiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Danyel.... Thats a beauty! Id give you a plus, but I already did!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of a 30th coin. Any new text would have to go on the edge of the coin. The gemstone for 30 years is the pearl. I could see what colors they might have in a pearl.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possible edge text --- 30th Anniversary - America's Only Mid-Engine Classic ---

or something similar... again just throwing it out there.

Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I like the idea of a 30th coin. Any new text would have to go on the edge of the coin. The gemstone for 30 years is the pearl. I could see what colors they might have in a pearl.

That would be very cool.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Are these coins able to be high polished, to look like a polished aluminum / chrome?
If so, id like to be the first to suggest silver polished & gold polished (is this possible?)
Or, the polished look with another color, possibly any factory paint color that was originally offered on a Fiero?

Or, since the Fiero is an American made car, how about a coin with red, white, and blue colors?

Chris

Is polished look possible?
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shiny gold and shiny nickel ones are reflective like chrome. What did you have in mind?
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the new list for two when you start.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm down for two too
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In for three whenever this happens.

HAGO!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pearl will look ALOT like the Indy Coin (White) ......my 2 cents. Red, White, Blue is cool but doesnt reflect 30th anniversary....

''A modern 30th anniversary in the US is a Diamond Anniversary, as is the 60th and 75th. Traditionally it was a Pearl anniversary, which is part of the theme for the modern US 12th anniversary.''

Transparent coin
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in again for 2 Race. What the final look ends up being doesn't matter.
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im down for at least 5 coins. i like the idea of a transparent coin.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me in for 2 of whatever you make.
GTCONVERSION

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTCONVERSIONSend a Private Message to GTCONVERSIONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to get off subject but i still have one coin ending in a day in the auction.
Thanks to those whop have bought the other coins,Happy tp see them go to good homes.
Last Coin is Blue/Black/Silver Coin Run #2
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to have been away for so long. I have a lot going on at work and at home. Later this month my schedule will open up and I will be able to focus my energy on the next coin more than I can at the moment.

Thank you for your input about what it should look like, I will try to get a few choices put together by the end of the month so that we can decide which direction to take. If there is a coin color combination that you would like to see now is your chance to speak out. Suggestions for the 30th Anniversary edge text are also welcome.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 02-05-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

The shiny gold and shiny nickel ones are reflective like chrome. What did you have in mind?

Nickel, like chrome sounds good.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my thoughts on the edge engraving----the start date of production----and the last date for the last Fiero made.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to make a coin in Clear Acrylic?

Whats involved with possibly redesign (or an alternate) back side of the coin, special just for the 30th?

Although there was never a production color of green, say transparent Synergy Green for example around the outer ring on the front side.

Still in the cloud on what the main field color could be....

Just thinking out loud again...

Jim

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today is the last stage of my testing for work. Tomorrow I can start putting my energy into the next coin project providing all goes well in the simulator tonight.

I like the idea of the first and last production dates for the edge text. I think transparent green would be really cool for the outer ring on a shiny nickel coin. As far as a clear acrylick cooin goes I dont think that they can do that but it would be pretty cool. I'll check.

Regarding a different back for the coin, it is possible, but not "technically" authorized per letter of agreement with GM when I was granted a license to produce the coins. If we came up with something really cool I would be willing to run it past them although I have enjoyed operating under their radar for this long.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the edge text also.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't forgotten about the next project. What I have done is decided to go onto their radar and attempt to gain authorization to alter the dies to make one side completely new to commentate the anniversary.

I have contacted GM's licensing division and am waiting to hear back from Joseph De Marzio at E.M.I.

One we get authorization we will need to determine what the coin will look like on that side and which colors to use. I would like to use 5 or more colors. This one really needs to pop. With the new die I plan to do a spring run then another one in the fall that is a different color version if possible.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a total re-design of the back.... how about actually putting a Fiero, on the back of a Fiero coin

A nice from the front, and down the side of the car angle. Let people who are ordering and cast a vote to coin decide if it should be a Fast Back or a Notch Back. With the angle being from the front of the car, and down the side, it minimizes the whole Notch Back / Fast Back argument, as it will be so small of a difference from this angle.

Something on the order of this: (It will probably look fairly familiar to some )

If this works, I see in the future where we can decide not what color the COIN is going to be, but what color the FIERO on the coin is going to be Up to this point colors have been chosen for the coin to match a factory Fiero color. Now those colors could be used on an actual Fiero on the coin.

Opinions anyone?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-04-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bottom of page 2, and no comments?

Let's hear some other ideas then, I am sure we can come up with something nice!
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An alternative to an acrylic coin...

Coin Capsules

The coin capsule is great when carrying your coin in your pocket, having a coin capsule protects the coin itself from your keys and loose change. It also works as a great display and keeps the coin shielded from dust and debris. And of course, the coin capsule serves as a compact presentation case. Coin Capsules are available in 1.75″ and 2″.

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still waiting to hear back from EMI about changing the design. I'll let you know when they respond.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a very very rough Photoshop to give an idea of how a coin could look with the Fiero on it. If done right, the car color can be changed easily each time the coins are re-ordered. Here are 3 typical colors as an example:

I personally really like the idea / look of it!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-09-2013).]

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possible edge text... -- Celebrating 30 Years of Driving Excitement! -- ?

I like the idea of a 3/4 view like JohnWPB show above,

but with a Fiero shield behind, and noting the 30th anniversary.

since the production years are already on the front of the coin, I don't see that repeating it on the back side is necessary.

Jim
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock