Started on: 01-28-2013 04:02 PM
Replies: 85 (2598 views)
Last post by: Fierosmith on 07-13-2016 05:59 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

Possible edge text... -- Celebrating 30 Years of Driving Excitement! -- ?

I like the idea of a 3/4 view like JohnWPB show above [...] since the production years are already on the front of the coin, I don't see that repeating it on the back side is necessary.

Jim

The above is just to show a Fiero on the coin. It looked empty, so I threw the date on there LOL. This is NOT a prototype of a geocoin in any way, just showing what it could look like with a Fiero on it .

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The above is just to show a Fiero on the coin. It looked empty, so I threw the date on there LOL. This is NOT a prototype of a geocoin in any way, just showing what it could look like with a Fiero on it .

I understand, and knew it was an just an example. Please dont take this the wrong way.
I just wish I had better skills with photo shop.....

Jim

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I have contacted GM's licensing division and am waiting to hear back from Joseph De Marzio at E.M.I.

If the answer is no, what is plan B? For example couldn't the pegasus be used without the outlining shield and it would not be a "copy"?
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for 1.
Jim

------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news ladies and gentlemen! The next Fiero coin will be completely new, both sides. If we are going to do this, lets do it right.
I just received word back from Joe at EMI and we will need the artwork to be approved first but its not a problem.

Lets create a wish list of things that each of us want to have on the coin:

-Exact production beginning and ending dates

-Car art. (If we do this I want both a notchy and a fastback on the same coin, possibly one on each side).

-I would like to have at least 4 colors if not 5 on the new side(s) of the coin. (Keep in mind that each color needs to be in a recessed area, kind of like coloring inside of the lines)

This is the first entirely new Fiero geocoin since the project began. Lets create something amazing. If you are interested in what is possible as far as our production capablilities go please take a moment to look at some of the sample coins from our manufacturer. Note the varioous color choices and edge design options.

Just like in the first project, whomever can come up with the the artwork that we decide on gets a free coin. I will give one for the front and one for the back of the coin.

Right now we are not taking orders. I will start a new thread for that after our artwork is approved.

If you are an artist this is your chance to create something amazing.

Edit:
I'm posting this so that you can see an example of the detail that is available to us.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 03-12-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is good news! I love the idea of a Fiero on the coin, but on both sides, would leave no place for the logo or other artwork. I wonder if both could be put on one side.... "parked" at different angles or something.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is exciting! Does this mean we could change the shape too if we really wanted to? Once we get a list together of what we want I can draw some ideas up
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to keep it the same size as the others but a beveled edge would be cool.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RACE

4842 posts
Member since Dec 2002
If I pencil sketched an idea would someone be willing to photo shop it for me?

My work schedule has just opened up and I will be able to devote some serious time to getting this moving. I'd like to have a final design by April 1 so that we can start taking coin requests.

I'd like to do the same edge that this coin has.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 03-16-2013).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Race
You can email me a pic of your sketch I'll send ya back the electronic photoshop version

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Race
You can email me a pic of your sketch I'll send ya back the electronic photoshop version

You are my go to guy. I'll try to get you something in the next two days.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RACE

4842 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Danyel:

Race

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ok ....

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-18-2013).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I know what one of the sides of the coin will look like and I think you all will like it. I need to get permission to use some artwork that will tie in nicely with the event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The back is still up in the air. I think this one will be screen printed with either a photoshopped picture or some original artwork instead of raised surfaces with the recessed areas filled with paint. That will provide us with greater detail for the artwork.
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I know what one of the sides of the coin will look like and I think you all will like it. I need to get permission to use some artwork that will tie in nicely with the event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The back is still up in the air. I think this one will be screen printed with either a photoshopped picture or some original artwork instead of raised surfaces with the recessed areas filled with paint. That will provide us with greater detail for the artwork.

I don't think a screen printed graphic will live up to the quality of the past coins and what we are going for, if we are going for excellence I say go engraved. It looks like you can do some pretty good detail engraving-wise from the examples online. I'll be glad to look at any artwork we are considering and help get it where it needs to be, I have the capabilities and computer programs to do so!

Edit to add: I also really like the idea of having a notchie on one side and a gt on the other, maybe an 84 notchie on one side and an 88gt on the other, just a thought!
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the latest. I wanted to use the artwork that has already been created for the 30th Anniversary Event for the front side of the coin. Despite multiple requests I still haven't heard back from them so at this point I'm going to bail on their artwork. It would have been nice though.

I have a friend in town here who is a graphic design artist by trade. He has won national drawing competitions since he was a kid. I'll see if be can come up with something for us.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised no one responsed. Have you tried some of the folks in FieroFocus, I think most of them are involved in the 30th show. Fred B., Jim or Paul?
http://www.fierofocus.com/about.html
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few rough sketches I can clean up and post, if people like them I can clean them up more or bring them to the level the coin people require... I will put them up later tonight
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hinesb1890

684 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Ok here is a rough idea of a possible layout

It uses the coin edge RACE liked before

Front:
- top view of fiero
- production date at the top
- says "pontiac fiero" around the bottom
- pattern around the fiero is a mixture of airflow lines and an abstraction of the pegasus wings on the emblem, it is obviously not fully resolved in the picture

Back:
- real pegasus off to the left, using a real pegasus as opposed to the emblem will create some really cool textures that will look nice on the coin
- 30th anniversary wording around the edge
- code bottom center
- pontiac symbol break between wording and code
- could add a cool texture in the middle area or more wording that continues in the radial pattern

Feel free to give your thoughts/opinions and keep in mind this is rough and I can clean it up really nice and adjust the scale of things
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like Race's and hinesb1890's ideas about the 30th and all..... However Are you going to change the coin again next year? In the past you have put different on the edge of the coin to commemorate things, such as the Tyler build, 25th Aniv. ect. If you put the "30th Anniversary" in the artwork, The coin would have to get new approval from GM, and be completely changed next year. Unless all future coins are going to be 30th coins

I also +1 that the coin be engraved. Having a picture on the coin just seems too simple.
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe since the 30th is only on one side, next year we only need to redo that side? If not what else can it say?
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the idea for using a top view. I think it showcases some of the unique features of the Fiero. I would potentially move some of the text around, like putting the dates on one side and Pontiac Fiero on the other- I'd have to play with it in photoshop to see how it would look.

EDIT: I also like how on the back side of the coin, everything is moved around and not perfectly centered. It gives visual interest and a design that's very different from what we were previously using on the geocoin.

Purely for laughs, I found my original idea for the coin from when this project was first introduced, which is similar to an idea already posted:

[This message has been edited by sadie goad (edited 04-12-2013).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to figure out what the tough decision is with the design. Other than the Tyler build, the coin should be the same every year minus the date. The coin design can remain the same.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'm trying to figure out what the tough decision is with the design. Other than the Tyler build, the coin should be the same every year minus the date. The coin design can remain the same.

The 'Tyler Build' coin was the same as all the others, just done in different colors to match the build, as well as text on the edge of the coin which differed on most of the coins, as it was the only thing that could be altered without GM's approval.
May 10th, 2013
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this thing still alive?
If so put me down for 2 Whatever the design ends up being.
May 28th, 2013
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its still alive. Im still working on the back of the coin. I am thinking about a conglomeration of ideas for the back of the coin. What I will probably need to do is front the money for the deposit so that I can have access to the manufacturers art department. I may have them do a couple of sketches for me and then decide which way to go.

Sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you all on this. We have had a death in the family and other commitments have gotten in the way. I don't want to turn this project on until I am able to fully commit myself to it.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Family always comes first.
I can wait for my coins.
My prayers to you and your family.
May 31st, 2013
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for one aswell.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Family always comes first.
I can wait for my coins.
My prayers to you and your family.

X2

We'll be waiting when you are ready with info.
PFF
System Bot
Jun 6th, 2013
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Jul 1st, 2013
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monthly bump to the top......
Aug 3rd, 2013
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another monthly bump.
Sep 5th, 2013
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same as above.
Oct 19th, 2013
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rocktober bump!!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Race: Any interest in making this new coin still? I hope so! We haven't heard from you in 5 months now.......
Dec 2nd, 2013
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the latest is??

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if RACE is doing okay?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this and thought of an idea of the back if it isn't finalized yet.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock