Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Chop top widebody mera project. (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Chop top widebody mera project. by Custom2M4
Started on: 01-25-2013 03:44 PM
Replies: 264 (17363 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 09-26-2020 04:19 PM
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car arrived a couple of hr's ago, I'm glad I bagged the idea of going down and trying to get it to run and drive it back, for starters the tires are junk, lots of dry rot, ther are some other things that would have made this a bad idea, as well.

Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 02-15-2014).]

IP: Logged
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We. Need. Pictures!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have to bump up my wheel size to 18-19, I think a set of these would look killer on the car. and the price is right, yes I know I'll need adapters, was planning on them with the choices of wheels I'd already looked at. Anything I could get that would have the right bolt pattern and backspace, is waayyy above my paygrade. I'll probably continue to work out details for the car here, hoping to inspire others, and get feedback.

I was talking to my GF last night after the car arrived, she was confused as to just what I was going to be doing with the 2 cars. Once she understood, she made the comment, "soo, your a body snatcher", and in a heartbeat she had named the build thread for the project. Since my '88 is already know as the Grin Reaper, I thought this would be a good title for the build. "Grin Reaper, Invasion of the body snatchers" 288 widebody.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Com...em1c30b4dff7&vxp=mtr

Joe
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you'll need 2"+ spacers in the front and about 4" in back to use them. Unless you have some plans for the suspension, too.

Bob
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just change to 5x114.3, what ever wheel you want in whatever size is in production for that pattern. Lots of import and mustang guys with wide bodies.

------------------

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I really like the open front on this one...

Thoughts?

Bob

This is very cool!

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Small update. Anymore is out of my league...

Bob

I just had a couple of ideas, let's see how this looks with the tail lights recessed into the panel (frenched, for us old school guys), and another with the lights recessed and Mera style backup lights.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

I just had a couple of ideas, let's see how this looks with the tail lights recessed into the panel (frenched, for us old school guys), and another with the lights recessed and Mera style backup lights.

Bob
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bob, I'm liking how the looks.

Joe
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had to play with this a little more too.

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it...

Bob
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like it...

Bob

And I like yours and how we both felt it needed a little more black back their

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Still playing I like two tones

------------------

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

And I like yours and how we both felt it needed a little more black back their

You're too kind...

How about a side view?

Bob
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a little more Mera ? I know the front window is not right have not figured out what I am going to do with that yet ?

And the not stretched version

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-23-2014).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still playing I like two tones

Damn, I'd swear both you and Bob are in my head, I was thinking some black in the taillight panel would be nice. Does that body line make a prefect place for two tone or what??? I hadn't even thought about two tone before seeing this, now I can't imagine it without!!!

Like the upgrade on the exhaust, can we fit these tips?

Joe
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

motoracer838

3751 posts
Member since Jan 2006

How about a side view?

Bob

Again with the mind reading, I was wondering if there were any other pics of this car...

Seeing the stretched version, tells me I'm on the right track with going with a 3" stretch.

Joe
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again with the mind reading, I was wondering if there were any other pics of this car...

Seeing the stretched version, tells me I'm on the right track with going with a 3" stretch.

Joe

Glad you like it. I emailed about a half dozen pics to you in a zip file.

Notchie; love what you did. It makes it look more MERA than 355. ( BTW: I think it looks like a 355).

Bob
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, you have a pm.

Joe
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you change the outside lights to all orange it may look better. The clear/white center is a F308 style that locates the backup light in the lens center and is not needed with the Mera style back up lights.

//images.fiero.nl/2012/mfwrfdtt.jpg

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 02-23-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW: I think it looks like a 355).

Bob

Ha, I was thinking more like a 355 and an F40 hooked up and "got busy". 😘
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

motoracer838

3751 posts
Member since Jan 2006

Originally posted by hnthomps:

If you change the outside lights to all orange it may look better. The clear/white center is a F308 style that locates the backup light in the lens center and is not needed with the Mera style back up lights.

[URL=//images.fiero.nl/2012/mfwrfdtt.jpg]//images.fiero.nl/2012/mfwrfdtt.jpg[/URL
Nelson

My lights don't have the built in back up lights, that's why I'm looking at other options, I do know that I won't be using the hideous lights that came on the car.

Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 02-24-2014).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad you like it. I emailed about a half dozen pics to you in a zip file.

Notchie; love what you did. It makes it look more MERA than 355. ( BTW: I think it looks like a 355).

Bob

I was going with the title of the post was why I thought it could use more MERA. Now I just have to chop top it in the back like you want to do and we'll have a Chop Top Wide body MERA

Terry

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-23-2014).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Damn, I'd swear both you and Bob are in my head, I was thinking some black in the taillight panel would be nice. Does that body line make a prefect place for two tone or what??? I hadn't even thought about two tone before seeing this, now I can't imagine it without!!!

Like the upgrade on the exhaust, can we fit these tips?

Joe

Here you go glad you liked the two tone too!

Terry

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-24-2014).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With a little more Mera ? I know the front window is not right have not figured out what I am going to do with that yet ?

And the not stretched version

Needs more chop, more mera, and more widebody. On the stretched one. Cheers.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Needs more chop, more mera, and more widebody. On the stretched one. Cheers.

LOL I thought I was working on the stretch until I was nearly done will get to it here soon but it is more MERA more chop but at this angle it is really hard to get it to look wider

------------------

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's done... More to come.

Bob
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's done... More to come.

Bob

Joe
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't leave us hanging Bob...... whatcha get??? I saw you talking to IKR.......

Cheers
Don
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Can't leave us hanging Bob...... whatcha get??? I saw you talking to IKR.......

Cheers
Don

I'll wait for the egg to hatch before naming it. As for IKR, I was looking for a quote of a part. Too much $$$, I'll go in a different direction. Still waiting to hear back from Bartman, though.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here you go glad you liked the two tone too!

Terry

Looking good, now for the next round, let's loose that divider bar that makes it look like it has a "wing window" and the mirror, like has been done on the side view, add a mirror like a C6 Vette, reduce the size of the exhaust tips by about 15-20% and make the openings fit, and last can we do something about that plexi hatch? Can we do something to make it look like it has a 308-328 rear deck lid? Am I asking too much??? Every time this gets tweeked, it gets closer to what I'm seeing in my mind. Oh, lets take the black out of the side vents.

Thanks Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 02-27-2014).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything but the rear window.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
One more try... Hope you like it.

Bob
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some nights, I really hate pip. I look forward to seeing the latest mods.

Joe
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more try... Hope you like it.

Bob

Bob, that is amazing.

I see what you did using the roof wing, neat trick.

Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 03-01-2014).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back playing with my own, I wanted to see what my Hamann inspired nose would look like on the front of the "MERA". I also smoothed the headlight covers.

Bob
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like the smoothed headlight covers, the "Hamann" nose, not so much. Your earlier versions look better, (that is subjective to taste.)

Joe
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on a new version of the back. I think it's a little too busy still, but I thought I'd throw it up and see what sticks...

Bob

Terry: Is there an easy way to switch brush sizes in GIMP? It seems cumbersome the way I do it.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Cleaned it up. Added the mirrors and widened the rear fenders.

Bob
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock