FIERO DOOR GLASSES GREEN TINT COMING IN NEXT WEEK $150 EA by prosource
Started on: 01-15-2013 05:47 PM
Replies: 31 (1631 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 06-03-2014 10:51 PM
prosource

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have sets of just the factory green tint door glasses coming in later next week. I am not sure how many will be here but there should be plenty. If anyone has already given us a deposit you will receive an email. If anyone wants to pay for a deposit now is the time.. Please email us at info@prosourceglassintl.com If you want to payby PayPal the address is richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

They are $150 each for the US made door glasses, no box fee. Email us for a total , UPS charges are ranging from $25-55 within the USA. Canadian rates are more and perhaps we can combine. Pick ups welcome in MA.
Please don't reply here as we cannot monitor this as well with our own business.
The gray tint will be produced after the green tint customers have been taken care of. It took a lot longer for shorter production run. Thank you,
Richard
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 01-15-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recd an email from him that stated the "grey tint" is 30% tint.
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder that later next week we should have the factory green tint door glasses here and there are several sets for stock if anyone wants. Meanwhile if someone can advise me how to upload pictures on this site it would be appreciated. It looks a little different than most sites.
I don't have the actual gray pictures but I have pictures from the factory of other glass with very similar gray tint coeeficient. It's around 30% as noted.
Richard
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be interested to see how this tint compares to OEM.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prosource:

Just a reminder that later next week we should have the factory green tint door glasses here and there are several sets for stock if anyone wants. Meanwhile if someone can advise me how to upload pictures on this site it would be appreciated. It looks a little different than most sites.
I don't have the actual gray pictures but I have pictures from the factory of other glass with very similar gray tint coeeficient. It's around 30% as noted.
Richard

I just use imageshack.com. It works here and has less issues.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Also does anyone on the web have a good step by step of a window change with out removing the outer panel.

I know I can figure it out on my own but I would like to read through one to make sure there are no suprises.

Now I wish I had waited to put my dew strip on as it would have been easier this time. LOL!
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be interested in the gray ones, when they're produced.
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting for the grey ones myself, but in case anyone is still watching this thread for news on the green tint glass, I uploaded a picture that Richard sent me. No relation to the company, just wanted to post as I was surprised there were no pics yet..

(link to huge picture -> http://home.comcast.net/~ri...ewFieroDoorGlass.JPG )
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
green tint are still in stock. The grey tint is under production if anyone wants to get these, please email us at info@prosourceglassintl.com We are accepting 50% deposits now. We will have the grey tint (30% shading coefficient) in April.
Call us toll free US and Canada 877-345-2800
PFF
System Bot
chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay so has anyone here actually gotten one of these windows or windshields?

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of the Green and they are top notch!

and if you look a few postings up...So did Riceburner...no idea how he has time to order..since he ALWAYS so busy with his work, like me!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-02-2013).]

chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can we still get the asian glass or is it only the american stuff now?

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Also does anyone on the web have a good step by step of a window change with out removing the outer panel.

I know I can figure it out on my own but I would like to read through one to make sure there are no suprises.

Now I wish I had waited to put my dew strip on as it would have been easier this time. LOL!

I do not believe that there is any other way to replace the window glass than to remove both inner and out door panels. You must be able to drill out the rivets that hold the rollers, remove the rollers and then lift out the window. I wish that there was an easier way.

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-03-2013).]

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to confirm, the green tint glass is the stock that came with fiero's correct? Just want to replace the passenger side and I would like them to match but my glass seems without a tint.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

Just to confirm, the green tint glass is the stock that came with fiero's correct? Just want to replace the passenger side and I would like them to match but my glass seems without a tint.

Yes the factory is the green..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do they do custom tint also?
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he posted he was going to offer grey tinted glass...

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What percent tint is the green?

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

What percent tint is the green?

The same as factory. It's not dark by any means, and you might barely even notice the green hue without trying very hard to find it.
PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of a blue tint glass?

Greg

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 07-12-2013).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:
The same as factory. It's not dark by any means, and you might barely even notice the green hue without trying very hard to find it.

Ah. Ohio only lets you tint 50% on the drivers and passenger front windows. The exception is if the glass is a "factory" tint. I think if I have the 30% it will be hard for a cop to give me a ticket if the glass is tinted. I figure I can say "I got the car this way and it was built in 1988. Where am I going to get a custom window for 25 year old car?" That should get me by... Isn't like I could just peel the tint off.
-Brian
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:
Ah. Ohio only lets you tint 50% on the drivers and passenger front windows. The exception is if the glass is a "factory" tint. I think if I have the 30% it will be hard for a cop to give me a ticket if the glass is tinted. I figure I can say "I got the car this way and it was built in 1988. Where am I going to get a custom window for 25 year old car?" That should get me by... Isn't like I could just peel the tint off.
-Brian

If you want darker glass, the grey ones are darker, but I don't think they've been produced yet, and no idea when they're going to get done, unfortunately. I have a set on order, but starting to wonder if they're ever going to come, since it's been almost 4 months since I ordered them, and am not getting reasonably frequent updates on them. :-/
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Any more available?

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hercimer,You can contact him on his web site at the top of this page,he will get back with you on any glass you need.He will also return phone message if you need to talk to him. Received my gray tint glass and couldn't be happier.He is one of the good venders we have that you can trust

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Hercimer,You can contact him on his web site at the top of this page,he will get back with you on any glass you need.He will also return phone message if you need to talk to him. Received my gray tint glass and couldn't be happier.He is one of the good venders we have that you can trust

I received my gray too havent installed yet, any installed pics?
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I received my gray too havent installed yet, any installed pics?

Yes, I'd be interested in seeing pic's also. I received my grey set back in December, haven't put them in yet also.

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man where all on the same boat! Hope to start on it this weekend and yes will take pics.
1Packrat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1PackratSend a Private Message to 1PackratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this glass have the DOT etching?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Man where all on the same boat! Hope to start on it this weekend and yes will take pics.

Cool! My install might happen over next winter we'll see.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I do not believe that there is any other way to replace the window glass than to remove both inner and out door panels. You must be able to drill out the rivets that hold the rollers, remove the rollers and then lift out the window. I wish that there was an easier way.

I'm 99.9% sure you can replace the door glass without removing the outerskin. I know I've done it on my car, (twice) and my car is smoothed and door skins glassed to the body so it's not coming off. But my car is a chop top and the window stops are bolted on (versus rivets) so there is a 0.1% chance it won't work on a regular sized window, but I know for sure I can remove mine with the door skin on.

But I did a search and a few others claimed to have done it with the skins on. Is it harder? Sure, but it can be done.

originally posted by max the chainsaw

It's not as hard as you think. Remove the inner door panels and the tarpaper shields. Remove the end covers at the front and back of the top of the door on the inside (3 phillips screws and peel em off). Remove the inner dew wipe mount shield and wipe (Phillips screws, about 5 down the lenghth of the door.) and loosen the 10 mm bolts to the inner rub pads (Top of the door, front and back about 5 inches from either end).

Raise and lower the window as needed and you will see thru the holes in the door 2 large round white plastic stops on the glass. They are about 1 1/2 in ch in diameter and 2 inches tall, can't miss em. Dont worry about the other little white plugs, they will clear the opening in the top of the door. They are held in by 1/4 aluminum rivets. Drill out the rivets with a 1/4 drill bit and remove the stops. You can leave the mount pads for the stops on the window, they also will clear the opening. There is a steel pin left inside the rivets sometimes, it's the "pop" rivet stem. They make it hard to drill out, but you can usually tap them on inward with a small punch (Be careful to not hit them too hard, it could shatter the glass, though I've never had one shatter.)

Now raise or lower the window as needed to line up the 2 1/4 inch rivets in the window track to the glass. Drill them out the same way you did the ones for the stops. Now you can lift the glass out ot the mount and work it out the top of the door.

With the glass out, it's the ideal time to change those outer wipes.

I've used this method on 3 cars now (as well as 3 more in the boneyard). To replace the glass just work it back in from the top. I replace the rivets with 1/4 X 1 inch bolts pushed in from the outside of the door and nuts on the inner side. It's a lot easer to remove the bolts if you ever need to remove the glass again.

Good Luck!

Max

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 06-03-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock