mini wide body by bjc 350
Started on: 01-12-2013 02:59 PM
Replies: 177 (9439 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 03-20-2020 12:19 AM
Rick Morehouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2020 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseClick Here to Email Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STUNNING, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING....
IP: Logged
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap that looks great, the paint makes it a whole different car. That thing looks killer man! I like the color

shem
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 167
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2020 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Click Here to Email FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, looks really good! 👍

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Swap in progress

bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2020 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys. Today I finally fitted the exhaust tips. Had to cut some 90 degree elbows out of a perfectly good four cylinder exhaust system that had been removed from my SC car. All the elbows I saw at several auto parts stores were way too long a sweep to get the tips to fit in the confines of the bumper opening. If I had cut them back, they would have been into the curvature of the pipe too much. I could have cut up a decent set of original GT tips to do it, but though someone else may need those some day. Anyway, still need to final weld since the elbows are just tacked, but they do fit. Looks that in the straight on picture, the right side is a bit lower than the left. Be assured it does fit correctly, but I had not tightened the clamp all the way and it dropped just a bit.

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who would have thought we would see these tail lights back in the car. I became so frustrated today, trying to figure out the instructions for the sequencers, that I just decided to install the original lights, for now. I have read everything I can on the Web Electric installations, and I still do not make sense of it. I will be e mailing them tomorrow for some clarification. The more I read, the more confused I get. Could that have anything to do with being 75? I have to install a trailer convert module and the STS-1 modules in order to get the caddy lights to sequence, three per side. This car should have been finished up by now. Oh well, it has taken so long now, a few more days/weeks can't hurt.

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseClick Here to Email Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! Looks really cool. I dig the Trams Am-ish spoiler. Killer project. Dang man, you ARE(75) old. Hold up, I'll be 75 in 3 weeks myself. Best yrs. are still ahead of us! Enjoy your ride.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got the tail light sequencers up and running and the rear lighting panel installed. Have to thank Web Electric for the help clarifying things for me as I struggled with this wiring. Next time would be straight forward! Anyway, a few pictures. I've not schooled myself on how to post a video here, so please take my word that they work great.

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2020 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A near miracle happened today, it quit raining and warmed up to the high fifties. So, took it as an opportunity to take even more pictures of the nearly completed project. Still have to build a front license plate bracket, figure out what is up with the temp gauge and fuel gauge, get an alignment, and still get rid of a little overspray on the exhaust and lower trunk area, and decide if I can live with that rear wheel gap. It may settle some once driven some miles.

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2020 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added some fake chrome trim around the upper edges of the lighting panel.

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2020 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more Bling. GT emblem and license frame. Details.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait till you get it out into the sun and you have more room to show off your angles get some scenic backgrounds now whilst perfect you wont regret it.
PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2020 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just returned from a warm weather vacation, trying to break up our wet and gray Northwest 6 month winter rain fest. Before heading on vacation we attended our local school fundraiser and I won a silent auction for an all wheel alignment. Only problem is the shop is about 45 miles away and will probably drive it there. Not a good start for new tires. Anyway, we returned to sunshine(for one day) so I just had to pull the wide body out for a couple more photos. But, while out in the direct sun for only the third time since paint, it developed a small blister , you guessed it, right on the front facia where we had a problem on the first color coat and had to do a repair. Man, this car has been frustrating at times. After the rant, I will bore you with a few more pics.

Sorry for the last year grape vines getting into this shot.

The finished rear shot, first time taken outside.

In this picture, when I zoom in, I can see the developed blister on the facia about 8 inches left of center in the vertical nose area. Less than ten minutes outside, not a good sign. At this point it was only about 3/8" diameter, but it assuredly will grow with time.
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2020 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseClick Here to Email Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May I repeat: STUNNING, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Caddy lights are killer. Light panel surround is spot on. Front turn signals are way too cool. And your mini-wide-body sneaks up on ya. Custom front end is super trick along with the rear spoiler. Damn,,,what a great job. Ride with Pride.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2020 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again for the positive comments, Rick. I finally got the front license bracket made up. Still looks like a mini snow plow, but Oregon requires a front plate. Researched retractable plates, but would not fit into the opening for the grill/intake area. So if I put it under the facia, I would lose over an inch of ground clearance which is only about 5 1/4" at best. Waiting for the weather to break so I can drive it to licensing and alignment. On another note, we got home from a vacation a few weeks ago, and two of my friends arranged for me to be "given" a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire because they could never get it to run. Pretty sure I need another project!?? They had owned since 04 and it hasn't run since 13. Can't believe someone wants to give another person a car. They figured I was the only guy in the car club that would mess with an orphan car made in Germany.

[This message has been edited by bjc 350 (edited 03-04-2020).]

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseClick Here to Email Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, that front tag IS gonna suck, totally disrupt your front end design. Just a FYI: maybe Sema/san(sema action network) is working in your state to change some of those dumb laws, perhaps your club is involved? Only we can protect our hobby/car collections/projects/parts cars. Your build is fantastic. The Crossfire(Mercedes) were neat rides, not many left around either. Could make a good beater. Best of luck.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A milestone. Yesterday I purchased a 21 day trip permit so I can get this car sorted and take care of the wheel alignment and vin inspection and such. Tonight I actually drove it about two miles round trip to the gas station for a fill up. 10.7 gallons, guess I really needed gas. Unfortunately, the gauge is pegged past full/hard right. That was the first venture out of the driveway , for this car, in just shy of 10 years. Engine ran fine, brakes worked ok. Transmission shift is lazy, but I replaced the TV cable when I installed the replacement engine. May need some fine tuning there. Steering wheel is off center and not sure how it will steer at highway speed. Can't wait for the alignment. Guys at the mini mart/gas station really liked it. The young man pumping gas even knew where the engine was , after being quizzed by another onlooker. Hope there are not too many disappointments before getting this thing finished up. Running out of enthusiasm. And yes, the front plate is ugly as heck. But, that's Oregon.

[This message has been edited by bjc 350 (edited 03-11-2020).]

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it to DMV today and got title and registration in the works. Temporary registration runs to July. I was able to get the "ROKIT" license plate. But went to the alignment shop and after checking the car once getting it up on the rack, they said they didn't have enough time to align the car today because the car had too little caster on the passenger side. My appointment was a bit late in the day, but I left my phone number so they could call me if they had an early opening. I got there at 3:30 and the bay was empty. Still not enough time , I guess.Suggested I pull the upper suspension arm bolt and adjust it best I can at home, then bring it back. Really, well it would be cheaper for me to do it, but I do not have the means to verify the caster angle. Anyway, a bit disappointed, but will research the procedure and try to do that part myself. Another issue, the trans shifts fine, but there is a substantial droning/moaning going on in the rear. Perhaps a wheel bearing or maybe the differential. Hardly drove the car prior to all the body mods, so was not expecting this issue. I had high hopes of getting it to some car shows this summer, but lots of other projects to do as well as this one.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After some research, I realize the alignment tech was looking at info on his machine that depicted the 84-87 caster alignment methodology. It was not showing the 88 suspension. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence that this will get done right. I will call or stop in at their shop tomorrow and enlighten them on the differences in suspension. This is a never ending project.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock