Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Movie 'Pain & Gain' out in theatres April 14th, 2013 with a red Formula in it!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Movie 'Pain & Gain' out in theatres April 14th, 2013 with a red Formula in it! by JohnWPB
Started on: 12-18-2012 07:26 PM
Replies: 26 (2780 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 09-10-2013 08:36 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were a couple photo's posted of Mark Walburg and Dwayne Johnson in a red Fiero a couple months back. No other information was know. I looked for that thread, and couldnt find it, so here is one with more info.

I finished watching a recorded program on the Tivo, and luckily the show ET was on at just the time the show ended, and a red notchie flew across the screen! I was like what?! REWIND! It was in a segment called "First Look", so I don't think the trailer has been released as of yet. When I looked on YouTube, all I could find was a teaser, and the Fiero is not in any of that footage.

The film is called Pain & Gain, and is out in theaters April 24th, 2013. From the look of the trailer, the car gets quite a bit of screen time!

Here are some photo's from it. (Sorry for the quality, they are pictures taken with my cell phone of the TV screen)

EDIT:

Just found the trailer on IMDB, and was able to snag it and upload it to YouTube

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-23-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking Formula - belong to anyone on here?

~ Jen
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rear tire is a spare tire lol

It looks good though, I can't wait to see it!
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good thing they have the T top out, or that guy in the passenger seat would have a sore head !!!

Not my Formula, sadly I have a solid roof on mine.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Good thing they have the T top out, or that guy in the passenger seat would have a sore head !!!

LOL True. That is "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson. He is a really big guy that was some big wrestling star to start out with I believe. (Can you tell I DESPISE wrestling! )

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Nice looking Formula - belong to anyone on here?

~ Jen

Seems like I remember someone here posting about it.
Either a link to an ad for someone looking for a Fiero, or someone that was supplying a Fiero.
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that first photo with the woman is photoshopped. you can tell by the lines on the fiero and it looks as if the rear wheels are in motion. cool none the less.
beken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bekenSend a Private Message to bekenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trailer can be seen here....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/

I saw it on TV when they interviewed Mark Wahlberg last week.

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

that first photo with the woman is photoshopped. you can tell by the lines on the fiero and it looks as if the rear wheels are in motion. cool none the less.

rear tire is a spare,
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So.... I should wait to put my red T-top formula up for sale till this movie breaks.. Possibly drive it to the theaters with a "for sale" sign and act like this was the one from the movie, eh?
beken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bekenSend a Private Message to bekenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think all local Fiero clubs should set up club drives and show up en mass to theaters for the opening.

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

Nope, I don't think so, lines look correct from what I can see in the trailer, and FYI the rear tire is a doughnut, look at the center hub, it is not "in motion" as you can see the lug nuts clearly.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-22-2012).]

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by beken:

I think all local Fiero clubs should set up club drives and show up en mass to theaters for the opening.

+1
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by beken:

sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Let me know when you're going...
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sargeants:

Let me know when you're going...

Sure thing, just send me a riminder closer to the movie release.

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a great idea....say how much time do I have to get my Fiero running before it is too late LOL....I'll be there!!
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know who could we get the vin# of this car for me???
Thanks in advance if someone is able to do this.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to be stylin' rolling on a temp wheel.
elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owner of this fiero is a PFF member???
beken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bekenSend a Private Message to bekenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since this is the first thread started on Pain & Gain, I thought I would post a review here......

Since in my spare time I do a bit of sound mixing, I have some friends who work at a local TV station. They called me today at the last minute and said they had tickets for me to see the preview and I could invite somebody with me. As it turned out, they had 10 tickets for me to offer our local Fiero club. But the last minute notice meant nobody could make it but myself and a friend. So I went and picked up the tickets and gave a few away at the shopping mall where the prescreening was showing.

The theater was full so they did manage to give away all the tickets.

Now the movie......it's a true story with a few liberties taken by the director. I have a certain liking for Mark Whalberg as he drove a MINI in Italian Job and I also drive a MINI, and now he drives a Fiero and I also drive a Fiero. However, the acting was not great, and the plot rather convoluted. The killings were rather grotesque and some of the things that happened are laughable.

I would say the best part of the show were the cars. The Fiero, even though the driver side rear tire was a mini spare, the Porsche slant nose 911 and a Lamborghini Diablo. Since the events happened in the early 1990's, the time period of the cars are appropriate. The dialog did have mention of the Fiero so I guess the real gang did have a Fiero.

I won't spoil the plot for those who still want to go see it, but I had tickets to the preview of Oblivion last week and Oblivion is a will pay to see again type movie, whereas Pain & Gain is a I probably wouldn't pay money to see this again.

PFF
System Bot
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the review.

Now when can we expect the next "rare" Ebay or Craigslist ad citing their red Formula was in the movie and the rarity commands a premium price?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a review by the paper that first published the real story in 1999.

http://www.miaminewtimes.co...d-gain-movie-review/

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-25-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We finally saw Pain & Gain last night. It's a cool movie (and shows you that people are really more depraved in real life than whatever screenwriters can dream up). It was awesome to see all the locations that are around the corner from where we live. In one shot you can see the building where our business is in and one of our trainers was an extra and can be seen several times at the Sun Gym and giving a hi-five to Mark Wahlberg in the locker room.

Regarding the use of the Fiero, it confirmed what I had thought. They clearly selected the Fiero for a character who is inept, greedy, trashy, stupid, poor and wants to seem more than he really is (Daniel Lugo) for a reason. There is no way we should be happy/proud of the Fiero appearing in this "role". Note that they move on to other cars (Porsche 930, Lamborghini Diablo) as soon as they get into some money...

Not all PR is good PR!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

... They clearly selected the Fiero for a character who is inept, greedy, trashy, stupid, poor and wants to seem more than he really is (Daniel Lugo) for a reason. There is no way we should be happy/proud of the Fiero appearing in this "role".

Not all PR is good PR!

Further promoting the "Poor Man's Ferrari" notion...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Further promoting the "Poor Man's Ferrari" notion...

Sad but often true... I am not sure whether to laugh or cry when I see people selling off 25 year old car parts because they need the money to pay their bills. Trying to sell a steering rack or engine cradle because they lost their jobs and need the money, etc. I have been involved in other car clubs (BMW, etc) but have never seen the "Fiero Phenomenon" before- people emptying their bank accounts because they have to have that ZZP Intercooler or stupid side scoops. Then they get their tax refunds and spend it on more needless car parts instead of paying down debts. Pretty funny and sad at the same time. No wonder consumer debt is at an all time high. Messed up priorities.... I better go now and try to find some beer bottles to return so I can place my next order with Rodney!

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 09-10-2013).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Sad but often true... I am not sure whether to laugh or cry when I see people selling off 25 year old car parts because they need the money to pay their bills. Trying to sell a steering rack or engine cradle because they lost their jobs and need the money, etc. I have been involved in other car clubs (BMW, etc) but have never seen the "Fiero Phenomenon" before- people emptying their bank accounts because they have to have that ZZP Intercooler or stupid side scoops. Then they get their tax refunds and spend it on more needless car parts instead of paying down debts. Pretty funny and sad at the same time. No wonder consumer debt is at an all time high. Messed up priorities.... I better go now and try to find some beer bottles to return so I can place my next order with Rodney!

How do you know me so well?
My philosophy is "I can enjoy it now or either not have the energy to enjoy it when I get old or die before I get the chance to enjoy it"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock