Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Stainless Exhaust System - Video inside!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Stainless Exhaust System - Video inside! by Rare87GT
Started on: 11-19-2012 12:01 AM
Replies: 24 (1321 views)
Last post by: NightMare Cruiser on 05-16-2014 08:28 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got rid of the setup I have had for a few years which was Dynomax bullet mufflers and Ractive tips without resonators. I went all Stainless, with Magnaflow resonated mufflers and C6 exhaust tips. Sounds awesome!

Here is the new exhaust.

And video of the new exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R2fuDJvWDM

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaveC

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveCSend a Private Message to DaveCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job! I like those tips, and your transition wye is nicely done.

Think you can get a vid with some revs going outside, a little further from the car so as not to distort the sound?

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaveC:

Good job! I like those tips, and your transition wye is nicely done.

Think you can get a vid with some revs going outside, a little further from the car so as not to distort the sound?

Yeah I'm working on it. It got late tonight and I got the car sleeping for the night. I will try to get another tomorrow or Tuesday. I think it turned out great. The exhaust tips are slightly uneven after getting it back on the ground. Kind of annoying that it was slightly off, but we will fix it in the next week or two.

Thanks for the compliments, I love it!

Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you using stainless wire in that? if not your welds will rust and it will not look great (and fall apart). its easy to get but you need to use helium/co2 gas with it.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

are you using stainless wire in that? if not your welds will rust and it will not look great (and fall apart). its easy to get but you need to use helium/co2 gas with it.

Plan on having it coated here soon anyways, so I'm not terribly worried about it for now.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's getting cerakoted real soon
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks interesting- simple too... Maybe I will give up on finding a vendor who actually makes a complete 3800 exhaust and make one of these instead. Looks simple and functional.

Any more audio availble, with the car driving?

p.s. Very nice car- tastefully modified but not overdone!

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 11-21-2012).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam that biotch is loud; or maybe its just because you took the video in the garage?
Looks nicly built though!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took another video last night a little farther away from the car. I still don't have any of the car revving up as I'm always on my phone and can't really lay it anywhere. I'll get some soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watc...index=1&feature=plcp
DaveC

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveCSend a Private Message to DaveCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds totally different outside. Easier to hear the nuances in this vid. It's such a pretty car too!
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you don't need anyone else to hold up the phone and rev the throttle cable with your other hand We don't need to see the car the whole time- just need to hear what it sounds like when it is being revved up to around 3500 RPM

If it is not too unbearably loud, I may definitely go this route

thanks again for putting up the videos
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

you don't need anyone else to hold up the phone and rev the throttle cable with your other hand We don't need to see the car the whole time- just need to hear what it sounds like when it is being revved up to around 3500 RPM

If it is not too unbearably loud, I may definitely go this route

thanks again for putting up the videos

Will have more tomorrow haha. I need to use a real camera so you can get the whole sound. I may have a buddy take a video with me driving by, etc. Thanks for the compliments.

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious how it sounds from inside while driving down the highway at 65?
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for audio at 3-4k rpm. Don't worry about video- we all know what Fieros look like. I would like to get a good idea of how this exhaust sounds so that I can get one built if it is not too loud for street use.

thanks
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump for audio at 3-4k rpm. Don't worry about video- we all know what Fieros look like. I would like to get a good idea of how this exhaust sounds so that I can get one built if it is not too loud for street use.

thanks

Give me a few days to get back out and find some time to go for a cruise. It will be this week. Thanks guys!!
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where is the audio?? We will stalk you and peer through your bedroom window.... don't let us down!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

where is the audio?? We will stalk you and peer through your bedroom window.... don't let us down!

It's coming guys....sorry been really busy with work lately. I am planning on getting the car out Saturday to change the plugs and wires.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
impatient whiny bump
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds awesome! Good work.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rare87gt,
i have that same welder as my back up. it's a gasless mig that is great for little jobs. my question is where did you get flux core stainless wire. all the stuff i found says to use it in addition to gas which really isn't a big deal cause i have another mig. but for little jobs it would be nice to use the small mig.
thanks
al
btw nice work too!!

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 12-15-2012).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks to be well done but those short exhausts (I have one) are loud. With a u-Bend from the manifold into aFlotech Afterburner muffler AND Heddman Hot tips resonators, you can't even listen to the radio or CD player while driving, It doesn't bother me around town or on trips 2 hours or so, but after a while it can get annoying. Can you hear your radio or CD player while driving with this setup?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Looks to be well done but those short exhausts (I have one) are loud. With a u-Bend from the manifold into aFlotech Afterburner muffler AND Heddman Hot tips resonators, you can't even listen to the radio or CD player while driving, It doesn't bother me around town or on trips 2 hours or so, but after a while it can get annoying. Can you hear your radio or CD player while driving with this setup?

Dennis, I will agree, my old setup with the Dynomax Bullet style mufflers, the exhaust was loud. With a 3" downpipe and the TOG headers, it was very drowned when I was on the highway and the noise would be annoying after a while. I don't take the car on many trips anymore and if I do, I could bear it. I just drove it down to the Power Tour in June in Oklahoma and it was alright. I had to turn my radio up a little more than normal but it wasn't horrible, of course I was used to it after 5 years, haha. The new exhaust is awesome...it's still loud at WOT, but it's always going to be on an exhaust that short. The MagnaFlow's are hands down awesome. I love the bullet mufflers they make and it's an actual muffler not a cherry bomb style. That and the C6 resonated tips, I think the exhaust sound is almost half as loud at idle now and it's very quiet in the car. I don't have to turn my radio up nearly as loud and when I'm on the highway or when I go into lockup it's not NEARLY as loud. I am working on a better sound setup, been doing some paint work recently so the car has been out and not driveable. I am sorry it has taken so long to get a good video. I hope to get the GO Pro or have a friend video me doing a few small passes or some actual driving and I will post it up.

Thanks for all the nice words on the exhaust. I owe all the credit to my buddy Erik who did the work and put it all together.

-Amir
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I missing something, or is there a video somewhere where we can hear this engine revving? That is what I and a few others have asked about a few times. Idle doesn't tell us much, and it would be great to hear what this exhaust sounds like before duplicating it

again, don't worry about showing the car in the video, we all know what Fieros look like. Just looking for some audio with the engine revving up to 3-4 k.

thanks
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Threadjack!!!

That is all.

------------------

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone building these around the NJ area. I have the two mufflers and 90dgree bends with the tips already. I need the down pipe and y pipes.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock