Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Me, Lea Thompson a Fiero and a movie called Ping Pong Summer (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Me, Lea Thompson a Fiero and a movie called Ping Pong Summer by pete 2m4
Started on: 09-28-2012 09:06 PM
Replies: 52 (3062 views)
Last post by: jsmorter on 09-04-2014 07:31 PM
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So today I was on a movie set for a movie called "Ping Pong Summer" Lea Thompson was there and I got to not only see her but met her!!!! She is friendly and incredibly charming woman. She autographed my Fiero to boot. Wow meeting her was a dream i only imagined back in 1983 and today I met her!!!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Some guys have all the luck."

Need I say how envious I am.

What a great experience for you. I know..."she's just a person", but she's done some very entertaining and meaningful parts over the years. Glad to hear she's approachable too.

How did it come to pass that you got to meet her? We need the story!

HAGO!

(edit cause I kant speel goot)

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 09-28-2012).]

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. I watched "Some Kind of Wonderful" this past week (in which she played the love interest) and I looked desperately throughout it to see if any fieros made it into it as it was released in 1983 (thought maybe an early production model might had made it possibly). It is a really good movie if you like John Hughes movies and the 80's. I'd recommend it as well as the sound track! Are you going to be an extra in the film and/or is your fiero? Is the movie set in the 80's?

[This message has been edited by zefferk (edited 09-28-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasnt she in Howard the Duck?
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok . My car was picked for this movie. So several days later while on Facebook she posted about going to Ocean City Md. to do this movie. Well I almost jumped out the window. I have always been a huge fan of hers for so many years. I went to the movie set and there she was being dolled up. Then she was standing all alone and I said to myself do it. So I simply went up to her introduce myself and told her how much of a big fan I am. She was very touched and gave that smile only she can which was followed by a big hug from her. Man I was and still am on cloud 9. She was there all day like myself and every so often she would smile and have a quick chat with me. The movie called break and I told her I have to have a photo of you and my Fiero. She said sure and we went out for the photos and she gladly autographed a photo and the car. No b.s. she is so sweet loves her fans and takes time out for people. This was a Fiero day I will never forget!!!!!! Best Fiero moment ever and a dream for me that came true!!!!!
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh Pete you lucky guy. Have fun with this and document it as much as you can.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow man....what a babe!! She has always been that pretty girl next door actress and I have enjoyed her in so many damn movies over the years it is not funny.....you were really lucky to meet her in person man. Nice to hear she is as approachable and sweet as she appears to be on screen.....I mean hell even Mcfly was able to get a date right!! LOL thanks for sharing the pictures man....peace

Pete
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, you lucky dog.
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pete you ARE the MAN!!!

And... Your now autographed Fiero

Such a cool Movie Star - Ms Lea is

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 09-29-2012).]

kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is like... SO... like... COOL dude!
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know as it looks like a Lea Thompson impersonator to me! LOL!

You guys left out her biggest movie Back to the Future. Remember she was hot for her son in the 50's when Michale J Fox went back in time.

I have not seen her around much for a while. Nice to know she is stll out there friendly and not got some crazy Hollywood habit.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, let's not forget "Red Dawn". She was good in that one too.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Pete, how cool! A real trip back to the 80's! !

@CaptnDean, I hope you are reading this
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She also had a tv sitcom: Caroline in the City.
She was born about 40 miles away from where I grew up. (But 11 years later.) Rochester, MN.
Oh yeah, I'm jealous too.
Closest I've ever been to anyone that could be called a tv/hollywood star was when I tried out for supporting cast on Hunt for Red October. They were looking for people with submarine experience.
No, I didn't get a part.

[This message has been edited by n7vrz (edited 09-29-2012).]

adrian1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adrian1Send a Private Message to adrian1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are a lucky man pete! I really miss watching "caroline in the city".
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

getting ready for filming my fiero

deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some kind of wonderful is one of my favorite movies.

Jealous, man jealous !
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Wasnt she in Howard the Duck?

TOTALLY
.............hubba hubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jUEs8LNVLk
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

TOTALLY
.............hubba hubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jUEs8LNVLk

Man, I had the biggest crush on her when I was a kid.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't that dude in "The Mummy" series?
deloreanant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Wasn't that dude in "The Mummy" series?

Yes. His name is John Hannah.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deloreanant:
Yes. His name is John Hannah.

He is freakin' awesome in Spartacus too... what a great experience!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great story. You'll have to get an invitation to the premier; then it's on to Entertainment Tonight and our exclusive interview with the Fiero guy and the car that made the movie.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see she didn't turn out like this...

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my TV series I watch, Switched at Birth, has Lea in it. She looks pretty hot in it. She plays one of the girls mother.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pete, That's awesome. So what part is your car playing in the movie?

Is it an "extra", or will it get some real screen time? Any leads gonna actually set butt in seat?
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero is in a background shot and also a pacing shot following the main actor in another car. No stars in my Fiero. But Lea did sit in my car. The fact I met her and had some private chat time alone with her is even better than a major part in the movie!!!!! As a bonus not 3 weeks prior I met Catherine Mary Stewart. She has been in alot of 80s movie. Last Starfighter and Night of the Comet. She is another 80s hottie I dreamed of meeting. Her and I actually became friends and email back and forth. So im a very happy camper!!!!!!

Catherine Mary Stewart

film crew gearing up for my Fiero moment on the silver screen
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow for being well in her 50s, Stewart still has it going on

I'm jelly Pete
PFF
System Bot
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait... You're sitting in your car and they're getting ready to film? Did you get to drive it while they were rolling film, or did they use a stunt double?
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The director made sure I drove my Fiero cause he wants me to be seen in the movie. So when you see the Fiero I will be at the wheel.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome.

Don't forget us little people.

[This message has been edited by FTF Engineering (edited 10-03-2012).]

pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^^^
Your too funny!!!!! My Fiero is the real star not just cause it will be in a movie. Ohhh Lea said she signed alot of Dolereans but my Fiero was the first she ever signed.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet Pete!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. man!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pete 2m4:

My Fiero is in a background shot and also a pacing shot following the main actor in another car. No stars in my Fiero. But Lea did sit in my car. The fact I met her and had some private chat time alone with her is even better than a major part in the movie!!!!! As a bonus not 3 weeks prior I met Catherine Mary Stewart. She has been in alot of 80s movie. Last Starfighter and Night of the Comet. She is another 80s hottie I dreamed of meeting. Her and I actually became friends and email back and forth. So im a very happy camper!!!!!!

Catherine Mary Stewart

I liked her in Dudes, too.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So did you get to jump a blown up bridge or fly over a pursuing police car.....
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lea Thompson and Catherine Mary Stewart are in their 50's and still look pretty nice. I understand that Susan Surandon is in this movie as well. She would have to be in her 60's. Pete, you must like hanging out with those older middle aged women. You know what they say about them " they don't scream, they don't yell and they're grateful as hell"

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock