New front crossmember by indygrandprix
Started on: 09-23-2012 07:54 PM
Replies: 3 (541 views)
Last post by: labbe001 on 10-03-2013 09:24 AM
indygrandprix

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indygrandprixSend a Private Message to indygrandprixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I went to the junkyard to see if the fiero they had listed was in good enough condition to use. Wasnt sure what they would charge it as. Hoped they would charge it as an axle since i didnt remove the suspension but it was charged as a subframe which was 160. But still an alright buy for everything I got I think.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easiest way to get the broken steering rack bolts out is use a narrow chisel, a few little smacks will break the three small tack welds holding the nuts.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice find!
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i had the same problem with broken steering rack bolts.....I've knocked out the nuts with the broken bolts in them. My question is, is the best thing to do is just to weld a new nut in there or has anyone come up with a better solution? thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock