GT with bumperpad bumper? by Stevenr
Started on: 08-31-2012 09:19 PM
Replies: 15 (1461 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 08-03-2023 01:50 PM
Stevenr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StevenrSend a Private Message to StevenrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks, I saw a picture a while ago of a GT with the bumperpad style front bumper that I believe was red; anyone know where to find said picture?

Also, is there a fiberglass re-creation of the bumperpad front end?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stevenr:
Hey folks, I saw a picture a while ago of a GT with the bumperpad style front bumper that I believe was red; anyone know where to find said picture?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-1-083566.html

Originally posted by Stevenr:
Also, is there a fiberglass re-creation of the bumperpad front end?

No. There's no demand for it, nor are they in short supply (you can find good bumper pad fascias all day long).
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kind of like that. I think it really goes with the lines of the car.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

Curtis_Edgar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtis_EdgarClick Here to visit Curtis_Edgar's HomePageSend a Private Message to Curtis_EdgarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not a fan of that bumper but for some reason in that picture its growing on me haha ...... definitely a fan of that look

------------------
1985 Pontiac Fiero GT

armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still not sure if I like it or not, but my GT nose seems a bit bent and causing some fitment problems. And I just happen to have an 84 parts car so that nose may be going on it someday. It's in better condition and it's free.
Actually if the paint color matched I probably would have swapped it already.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm going to do this.

-Mitch
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could use a good bumper pad bumper in red! Mine has a crack by the belt line and is sagging pretty good.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yah I think the bumper pad with a chop top fast back look good together! This is a photo chop of what I would like to do to mine someday

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did it to my purple V8 Fiero called Raptor.

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These pictures were taken at "Fieros at Gunnison" in Colorado in 2008. I'm not sure who the owner is, but if memory serves he was a local in Gunnison and had some conection with a business called Precision Auto Sales.

PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does one do about the different styles of belt trim?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

What does one do about the different styles of belt trim?

Probably just change it all out. The only trim that can't be changed is molded in to the bumper covers.
There are aero rear bumpers (84 Indy, 85 GT, 86 & 87 SE) with the same grooved trim as the bumperpads. Everything else can be removed and replaced without a lot of trouble.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-26-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont remember doing anything to the trim. It was an 86GT and the nose came off an 84. Its my favorite nose of all the Fieros. I think the GT 'snowplow' nose is ugly myself...mjo.
Alienbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2023 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlienbishopSend a Private Message to AlienbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumperpad GT-s are the best! check out my build, I will be going further, adding custom front airdam, rear diffuser and 3 piece integrated rear spoiler!

My build:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/147065.html

My car now:

[This message has been edited by Alienbishop (edited 07-31-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alienbishop:

Bumperpad GT-s are the best! check out my build, I will be going further, adding custom front airdam, rear diffuser and 3 piece integrated rear spoiler!

My build:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/147065.html

My car now:

I really like the look of this, but also, I appreciate that you got rid of the ground effects. I've seen a few Fieros where people have swapped out the aero nose, and left the ground-effects, and it just looks off-balance. It looks much better the way you've done it here... very cool!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock