Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone else having problems loading images?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone else having problems loading images? by FieroGT42
Started on: 08-26-2012 09:54 PM
Replies: 19 (294 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-27-2013 01:12 AM
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not seeing most of the images in threads on here. I'm in the middle of buying/selling several things but it's difficult when I can't see the images.

Cleared browser cache.
Flushed DNS cache
Forced reload CTRL-F5
Still no images in most threads.

The missing images seem to be at cliff.hostkansas.com.
DOJ.me reports that cliff.hostkansas.com is up, but I can't even get a ping.

I CAN ping and see the park message on hostkansas.com. I don't have a problem with any other website that I've noticed -- only this subdomain.

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 08-26-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get about half of them. The rest are red x.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you're in Iowa too. Our internet in SE Iowa all goes through the same hub in Des Moines. Maybe they're having issues again.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Anybody? I'll PM Cliff...
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always had issues with the the pics hosted here.
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine stopped loading images entirely. My son stopped by, and I don't know what he did, but it took him less than 5 minutes. I get all of them now. I'll ask.
dudewithoutfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have been having trouble too. i will see the images one day and them not the next day. i have tried all the tricks my brother who is a computer guy and he is stumped too. it is only on images that are posted with pip. i have centry link as my ip so maybe its them for some reason
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, this may get weird. My son said that down in the lower right hand corner of my screen, where you find the hidden icons, I had an airplane symbol. That means my grahics card (whatever that is) was stuck in high performance mode. You do NOT want to see that airplane icon. He had to reset some stuff, but said that most computers just need a total shutdown reboot and you'll be OK. He also said that computers vary on this stuff, so good luck.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad that worked for you. Unfortunately that's not my problem with the photos. Thanks though.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happens if you click this link?

https://images.fiero.nl/2012/photo_2_1.jpg
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Internet Explorer Cannot Open The Webpage.......1st time. 2nd time is a red Fiero.

[This message has been edited by weaselbeak (edited 08-29-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Waiting for images.fieroforum.com"...
Times out and gives "Firefox can't find the server at cliff.hostkansas.com."
Also "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" with either the fieroforum.com link or the hostkansas redirect.

I get no pong from cliff.hostkansas, but i can ping and see the park message at hostkansas's main page (This is a parked page hosted by boondocked.ca ).
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
right now i can see them and the red fiero but when i tried to earlier it didn't show any thing and got the same error message as Fierogt42.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a red Fiero.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

"Waiting for images.fieroforum.com"...
Times out and gives "Firefox can't find the server at cliff.hostkansas.com."
Also "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" with either the fieroforum.com link or the hostkansas redirect.

I get no pong from cliff.hostkansas, but i can ping and see the park message at hostkansas's main page (This is a parked page hosted by boondocked.ca ).

Then for some reason, your DNS does not have "cliff.hostkansas.com" in its cache.

What you can do is switch to a more robust DNS, like Google's. Which version of Windows do you have?
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixed. Thank you.
My router showed a working DNS IP but there was another check box in the setting that was still overriding it dynamically.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then for some reason, your DNS does not have "cliff.hostkansas.com" in its cache.

What you can do is switch to a more robust DNS, like Google's. Which version of Windows do you have?

I am suddenly having this problem, did a search, and found this thread. I have Windows 7, and I'm using Firefox.
But... um... how do I switch DNS?

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I am suddenly having this problem, did a search, and found this thread. I have Windows 7, and I'm using Firefox.
But... um... how do I switch DNS?

Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings

Right-click on your Local Area Connection>Properties>Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)>Properties

Select "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
Enter 8.8.4.4 in the first box (Preferred DNS Server)
Enter 8.8.8.8 in the second box (Alternate DNS Server)
Click OK.

The addresses are for the Goggle public DNS servers.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Houston, we have a problem...

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I got a red Fiero.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors