Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? by urbex
Started on: 07-30-2012 05:42 PM
Replies: 397 (8306 views)
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 05-27-2023 10:29 PM
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doob,
Pretty much settled in on the BOP (Buick Oldsmobile Pontiac) show in Scottsdale for March. It is on the 30th. I have already sent in may application to show the 88 and ordered the t-shirt (actually a polo). I am hoping for a good showing for the show.
Please join us if you can ,
Best
KS
IP: Logged
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
February AZ Fieros Cruise/Run
The NW folks did bring a suggestion for the February event. Thanks Dennis! It is a fairly longish run with a few questions yet to be answered. As that is the case, we are going for a slightly shorter cruise and luncheon to the Rock Springs Café for some multi-state renowned pie in Black Canyon City. Dennis’ run is tentatively positioned to be in place of the Tucson run / Motorama All GM show that was recently cancelled. Here is the web-page for the Café; http://www.rockspringscafe.com/pies.html ; . The planned arrival will be for 1:30 Saturday Feburary 22rd. We will again be leaving from the east side Whole Foods parking lot in Chandler at Ray road and 101, to hook-up with the west and north segments at 101 and Scottsdale intersection (Harkin Theater parking lot). Then as a group travel north to the Café. I will forward tentative meet/greet/ & leave times in the follow up later this week.
I do hope to see a full crew. Keep in mind, if the two-seater isn’t running, we do not sneer at Fiero minded people – no matter what they drive, or who they bring to the activity.
March is the BOP in Scottsdale at the Pavilions. The organizer says 49 classes - Classic, Limited Editions, Sports and Late Models. See the attachment to the email. If you are looking at this on PFF and not getting emails – forward me your address and I’ll post to you.
Please note there is now a google AZ Fieros “club” site, https://groups.google.com/f...m/arizona-fiero-club
Please send a request if you want to join up there. Someone will answer (I hope). There has been very limited activity so far.
About it for now
Best
Kee
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put in an app for the Google page.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little modification to the plans.

The north bound rendezvous will be at the Wendy's at Deer
Valley Road and 23rd avenue. As opposed to the Harkin off of Scottsdale. It's just north of the I-17 / 101 intersection,
east of I-17, traffic light and left turn lane onto 23rd and Wendy's parking lot.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday 2/22/2014 -- Rock Springs Café Run
A little modification to the plans.
East Valley meet and greet will commence at the Whole foods complex in Chandler Located on the SE corner of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard (just east of the 101) around 11:45AM. We can plan on leaving the site around noon. We head up the 101 and hook up with North and West groups at the Wendy's at on the corner of Deer Valley Drive and 23rd Avenue, as opposed to the Harkin off of North Scottsdale Road. Wendy’s is just north of the I-17 / 101 intersection, east of I-17 on Deer Valley, a left turn lane onto 23rd and into Wendy's parking lot. We are planning on getting into Wendy’s at about 12:45PM and leaving for ROCK SPRINGS Café; http://www.rockspringscafe.com/pies.html ; right at about 1PM and pulling in for lunch and dessert around 1:30. It is an uphill run most of the ways – so make sure the cooling systems are in good working order.
Hope to see you there.
Best
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crisp - bright - 40 degree morning.
Going to be a great day for a two-seater run to the low mountains north of Pheonix.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Four cars made the run up the hill to the Rock Springs Cafe. The burgers and pies were good - but I think the joint we used to hit with the Seattle club has the pies beat. Don't get me wrong I'll go back again. I just may opt not to be the last car in the convoy next time. You know the last car is always speeding to catch up, because the first car is always going the speed limit plus on a nice road day - well, even up hill the 2.8 will hit 95. Probably more - but I caught up to the others before I found enough open road.
March event will be the BOP Car show at the Pavilions Mall in Scottsdale on the 30th. I hope to see a few more there.
Best
KS
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still lurk around.. Fiero currently on jacks in the garage with rebuilt engine awaiting installation.. Real life, kids, work has caught up with me and I've neglected the poor car for the last 2 years. I'm in Northwest Peoria 120th Ave and Happy Valley.
Steel88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steel88GTSend a Private Message to Steel88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doober,

Saw your car at Pep Boys today. Took my car into Jack Furriers. It may be ready tomorrow on Saturday. Are you working tomorrow?I would like to stop by and say hi at some point.
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is there anybody in the tucson/phoenix area that can tune my pcm for my 3800sc swap?
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw you roll by I stopped over there a while later & they mentioned a fuel pump again? I'll be there at about 10:30-11 for the rest of the work day.

Far as tuning, I don't know much of who does tuning in the area, for anything, but I haven't really had the need to look either.
PFF
System Bot
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So over the past couple weeks, I met Steel88GT and AZ_POPS, had a good little chat with each of 'em... both have some good looking low-mile '88s! Steel's is red/tan interior GT, POPS' is a black/tan interior GT.

I discovered the 'stuffing' in my muffler must be rotted out or something, it's quite loud compared to AZ_POPS', but Steel's sounded very similar to mine.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night I happened across another Fiero at the local QT in Oro Valley (northern outskirts of Tucson), I only looked over and saw it because I heard a v8 rumble, turns out he's a member here... I want to say his last name is Mendozo or Mundezo or something like that, name was on his little dash carpet. He said his is a 4.9 swap, and it was a manual, but only talked to him about 30 seconds... he said he only has a few hundred posts here, guess I could start searching that way.

I also figured I'd search for people simply listing Tucson as their location... turns out there are (or were) a few of us
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...cation&svalue=tucson
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doober
I just saw a post in events page for Ried park in April. Do you have any details?
Perhaps we can group up and bring a few down from PHX
Let us know
KS
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked... I didn't know of any get-together or anything, I usually work Saturdays so I typically haven't made any plans for shows in general. They started moving the schedule around at work as well, and I'm not sure if mine will stay consistent or not, unfortunately :\
GabzillaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GabzillaGTSend a Private Message to GabzillaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my first Fiero, hopefully i will be able to make a meet here in tucson once i get her running correctly XD.

-Gabby
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
Just a reminder to the group, the March AZ Fiero’s event is the BOP Car Show in Scottsdale at the Pavilions http://www.yelp.com/biz/sco...pavilions-scottsdale . The organizer indicates 49 classes - Classic, Limited Editions, Sports and Late Models. See the detail at the web-page. http://www.cruisinarizona.com/flyers/033014bop.pdf There are at least two Fieros entered in the event. I am not too sure what we can coordinate. We will have to see what we can pull off with the people and cars that show up.
Best
Kevin S
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have a question for ALL people from Arizona. A few years ago, I was doing some work just inside the California/Arizona border at a PG&E gas site (10 miles from Needles, Ca). They have a new area called te Pirates Cove that is right on the Colorado River. I was at the cove and an older man came down the hill in a red Fiero GT with a 3800sc motor. I stopped him to admire his car but I did not snap any pictures. At the time, he had not heard of this website but I did mention it to him. If I remember correctly, the antenna was deleted, it was a beautiful red color, lowered, windows tinted, and he was a very nice guy in about his 50's. He had Arizona plates so I wondered if anyone knows him?

Edit to add......the key item would be the antenna delete since not too many people do that so if you see his car, that would be the giveaway.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-22-2014).]

Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do know of a local working on a running red 88 fastback with the antenna modification - numerous other body modifications ongoing right now. His first name is Ron. He is not a member on PFF - but if I remember I' ask him if he had the car out that way.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd appreciate that. I was just down in the same location last Wed-Fri and thought of the car. Unfortunately, I am horrible with names so I don't remember his name.
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doober -

'Glad I got the chance to meet up with you last week. I like the tough sound of your car - guess I'm going to find a way to burn the stuffing out of my mufflers.

Kevin -

I'd vote for getting together at Casa Grande sometime. Gotta get the Fiero running, first, however. The alternator decided to take a dump, yesterday, so I've got to replace that.

Gabby -

Welcome to the PFF group and congrats on your Fiero purchase. What part of Tucson do you live in?

- Jim

[This message has been edited by AZ_POPS (edited 03-24-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
GabzillaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GabzillaGTSend a Private Message to GabzillaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Az_pops - Thank you , I live on the east side near Mt. Lemon.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was cool meetin' you too AZ_POPS I was actually surprised I had more than 1 person show up there to meet & chat about Fieros
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gabzilla, do you ever go to Little Anthony's at Broadway/Kolb? They do a car show almost every other Saturday during the day (10am-2pm) until next Saturday, then for the summer they're at night (7pm-10pm). I've seen cars there before 7 though, it's usually a decent turnout.
http://littleanthonysdiner.com/
GabzillaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GabzillaGTSend a Private Message to GabzillaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Occasionally I do, but have not been able to lately because of my work schedule unfortunately.
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there are 2 fieros at the u pull it yard in tucosn. one is an 86 v6 auto and the other is an 85 l4 5 speed. there are still plenty of usable parts on them so get what you can before they get crushed.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which yard? The one on Michigan? The yards in that area are close to an hour from me. There are a couple yards up closer to me (~30 minutes), but they don't usually have what I'm lookin' for.
http://goo.gl/maps/ok6KN
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup that would be the one. they usually dont last long before they are gone. i have to make the drive from benson to get there but its always worth it.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I think you probably have about the same drive time I do to that area... yours is a little easier 'cause it's ALL on I-10, I have to drive through half of Tucson to get there
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey All,
Sorry for the lack of messages and planning. Sorry I did not see the post for Casa Grande. Maybe May? Things got hectic for a while. We had to make a run back to MI for family issues. We got Steve G’s engine pulled. I broke up a burglary in progress at my house. The RV needed some work (and still needs more). I am in the process of painting two houses. And now, it is starting to get hot and I still do not have the AC working in either of my “running” two-seaters. We(I) are(is) planning on a run Prescott way next Saturday, the 26th, for the April run. It will be pretty much the same starting plan as February. The start of the run will be out of the Whole Foods Parking lot in Chandler on the corner of 101 and Ray Road, located on the SE corner of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard (just east of the 101) around 10:00 AM. We can plan on leaving the site around 10:15 or so. We head up the 101 and hook up with North and West groups at the Wendy's at on the corner of Deer Valley Drive and 23rd Avenue, Wendy’s is just north of the I-17 / 101 intersection, east of I-17 on Deer Valley, a left turn lane onto 23rd and into Wendy's parking lot. We are planning on getting into Wendy’s at about 11:15 or so. We can cruise up 17 toward Flagstaff, bear west on 74 then pick up 60 into Wickenburg and 93 for about 6 miles to 89 and follow 89 into Prescott. I have been lead to believe there are a couple of nice Fieros in the Prescott / Prescott Valley areas – perhaps they can join us along the way. I am kind of planning on a late lunch in the area. Suggestions? Depending on who is there, driving what , we can discuss the trip back 89A-260, Sedona 179 back to 17 and home or 169-69 to 17 back toward Phoenix. Choices on the way.
That’s the general plan. Let me know if you will be able to make the run? Oh yeah it may be the last run until the heat wanes,
Best
KevinS
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would love to be able to make it but still looking for an gtp supercharger tensioner bracket to finish up my swap. anybody got one layin around?
PFF
System Bot
Cygnus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CygnusSend a Private Message to CygnusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I can join you all for the next one. Mine's condition is too embarrassing right now. Besides, I'm not sure if it would make it.
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin;
I am in Washington (Seattle) this week, but should be home in time to make the run. I will see if I can convince my spouse to come along. A stop at Rock Springs for breakffast would help convince her! There are a number of places to eat near the Court House Square in central Prescott. Sounds like a fun trip. The last time we made this trip as a club, we went home via Jerome and nearly got arrested as a group. I will have to share the story with you some time.

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R,
A little late for my B-fast but if you take the lady out for a leisurely late breakfast - we maybe stop & hook up at the 74/17 intersection?
Let us know.
Best,
K
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shaping up to be a great day for a run
Hope to see a few older cars on the roads today
Best
K
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kevin;
Sorry I didn't make it today. I am still here in rainy Seattle. How was the turnout? Maybe next time.

By the way who won the Fiero trophy at the BOP show?

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
The April AZ Fieros run to Prescott was very interesting. We experienced all of the weather conditions that I think Arizona has to offer, and all in one day. We saw clouds (both far, far away and driving through the mists up close). We experience gusty winds, rain (drizzle to sheets); icy and muddy roads, sunny skies, and yes even a few snowflakes floating down. But - 89 was a slew of twists and curves with great mountain and valley views. A wonderful run for a group of 85 to 88 Fieros. And on the sunny run back to the valley the 85’s 85 MPH speedo was pegged more that it was not.
No plans yet for May – but May just started.
Best
KevinS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
How many are up for an evening run down to Casa Grande? Maybe a late dinner and hook up with some of the folks in the Tucson zone on the 28th or 29th?
Otherwise it may be a burger night at Five Guys on Ray Road in Ahwatukee/So Phoenix.
Let me know soonest
KS
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
I should actually be in town that week and am up for what ever is going on. Just tuned up the A/C in my daily driver and it is ICE cold. Let me know.

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AZ Fieros May Run / dinner to Casa Grande Thursday May 29th
Hoping we can entice a few Tucson locals up the road a ways.
We will be leaving Chandler at 6:15 PM from the Ray Road and 101 Whole Foods parking lot (probably 101S to 202W to 10E to 287W). Meeting for dinner at Macayo’s, 1564 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85222 at 7:PM or there about. There are a lot of other eating establishments along 287/84 - I am open for recommendations.
Hope to see you
Best
KS
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave