Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  She lived up to the Fiero name update (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
She lived up to the Fiero name update by 1984whitesc
Started on: 04-28-2012 03:13 AM
Replies: 149 (7588 views)
Last post by: 1984whitesc on 05-05-2016 05:41 AM
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a bunch of hard ware that wasn't that easy to find. The altinator has been rebuilt, and the guy gave me a great deal on it.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 11-11-2012).]

IP: Logged
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get a lot done today despite how cold it is. The thermometer says it's only 30 degrees today with sleet and snow. I got the front suspension put together, except I didnt get a chance to press the ball joints in. I got the transmission connected to the engine and both are now on the cradle. Just a few more things till the engine is back in it's rightful place. Sorry for the blurry pics. I was starting to shiver a little
Freezing rain sticking to the windows.

The poly on the front was a PITA to get it to line up properly.
Passenger side

driver side

starting to look really good

When I wa trying to get the engine on the cradle (without the use of a lift) I managed to dimple the exhaust flange. I hope after bending it back it wont affect the exhaust noise

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 11-11-2012).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

That is a really cool, frosted shower door look, you got going on there! I like the look, and It's neat to see a window like that. Here in Florida, we never get to see car windows that cool looking

I was working on my car today as well.... Got it running finally, and it starts just with a tap of the key. Had to call it quits though, and come inside to cool off a bit, and have a cold glass of ice tea

All kidding aside, you have come a LONG way with the car, in a short period of time, considering the considerable damage the fire did. And you are not just repairing the fire damage, you are repairing and restoring everything it seems! Looking good!

Oh, and when you and Bryan get sick of the frosted glass look, just pick a date and let me know when you decide to fly down for a visit. Anytime from now through March is good by me.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-11-2012).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Looking good. What are those Pontiac center caps off of an how big are they across before the lip that will hold them in place?

Ben

Im sorry that I didn't see your question till now. They are from the 13in Turbo fin rims. The center part were the bearing cap, or CV axle threaded part is just a hair too small. The Turbo fins have lip on the inside that they snugly snap into. These steelies dont have enough clearance to fit. I could get them to fit with some alterations, but I don't want to ruin a good set. These are not so easy to find.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1984whitesc

1043 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

That is a really cool, frosted shower door look, you got going on there! I like the look, and It's neat to see a window like that. Here in Florida, we never get to see car windows that cool looking

I was working on my car today as well.... Got it running finally, and it starts just with a tap of the key. Had to call it quits though, and come inside to cool off a bit, and have a cold glass of ice tea

All kidding aside, you have come a LONG way with the car, in a short period of time, considering the considerable damage the fire did. And you are not just repairing the fire damage, you are repairing and restoring everything it seems! Looking good!

Oh, and when you and Bryan get sick of the frosted glass look, just pick a date and let me know when you decide to fly down for a visit. Anytime from now through March is good by me.

That's good to hear!!! Nothing feels better when you can just get the car to pop right off with a partial turn of the key. I have a little bit left to go before the car will even run lol. I just hope the computer is ok from the fire. (crossing fingers) I hope to bring it up to frazee I hope painted all the same color. Im starting to miss the four cylinder sound.
I can talk with Bryan and see when he would like to come down to FL. I know he and I could use a vacation lol.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't checked this thread in a while. You've made a lot of progress!
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up four 88 grand am rotors and two sets of calipers for the same car. I also picked up two wheel hub assemblies. All I have left to buy is the shocks and struts. So close.....
DaveC

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveCSend a Private Message to DaveCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the '97 S10 power brake booster! Gotta do this to mine as well.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I placed an order for the stainless steel braided lines and the poly cradle mounts. While that's on it's way I decided to paint the calipers a nice bold blue. Not sure if they will show through the holes on the steelies, but still.... My alternator has been rebuilt and it looks great!!!! The guy did an amazing job. He had to replace the bearings and the commutator. He said that is swelled and that caused the case to have a hair line crack. It's not anything to really worry about. It's really solid. Now for the pics.

I also got an early Christmas present from a very good friend. I thought I would NEVER find one of these.

Originally posted by DaveC:

Don't forget the '97 S10 power brake booster! Gotta do this to mine as well.

Im not sure if that's a good idea. I know there is some controversy over switching to the S-10 booster vs staying stock. Is there any benefits or drawbacks? I read that the tires lock up easier. Is there a good thread on here to explain the changes between stock boosters vs S-10 boosters? I never did get a straight answer from that thread.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 12-05-2012).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been able to really get anything done on the car itself, but I have a lot of smaller things done. When the weather is gracious and gives us weather that isn't in the teens or lower I'll start working on her again. I just hope the engine is ok.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been able to do anything with the rebuild. It has been WAY too cold to work outside. It also seems that when ever I get a day off the weather takes a turn for the worse. I hope soon it will change. I have been tracking down some tan parts so I hope to pick those up soon.
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my front hubs back from being machined. The guy left a ring on the back of the hub from the existing metal. He didn't want to compromise the integrity of the hub itself. I think it looks good . I ground down the mounting point for the front caliper brackets to eliminate the interference from the new grand am rotor. As soon as I can I'll post pictures.
On a side note I have a dash being sent to me from Maine and hopefully soon I'll have the rest I need. Finally some warmish weather.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to ask what you guys call "warmish weather"! LOL

I can only imagine when spring comes along, the progress you are going to be able to make!
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hate to ask what you guys call "warmish weather"! LOL

I can only imagine when spring comes along, the progress you are going to be able to make!

Well..... I'd say warmish weather is a few degrees above freezing lol. I just hope to have one nice warm weekend to really get things along. I have the bug ooooo so badly.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Andrew had a computer crash, and sent me a few photo's from his phone. He asked me to post them here)

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again John for posting the pics. I got my dash yesterday and it is mint. Its from an 86 GT and it's perfect. I was able to contact a guy in fon du lac WI who has an interior out of an 86 gold bumper pad. Sad to see such a farely rare car being parted out. The car is located only 6 hours from me and it has everything I need. The only thing that bothers me a little is the b pillars having the speakers and having the speakers in the seats . Oh well... more sound. As soon as I can get my computer up and running I'll post pics.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As soon as I can get my computer up and running I'll post pics.

Well, until then, I just so happen to have a picture on my phone that you sent to show me the new dash

WoW! That really is a clean dash! I do not see a mark on it anywhere!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-07-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice score on that dash. I need to find one just like it down here!
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to buy it from Mark in Maine for a very very reasonable price. He's a great guy to talk to about parts.
I hope to finally put the front and rear suspension parts back on the car. I had to buy an impact tool and a spring compressor tool for the struts, and the next things Im going to buy will be the Monroe sensi-trac struts and shocks. I'm questioning weather or not to lower the car with these shocks. What do you guys think?
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one of the struts from Monroe. Now just to get the other sides done lol. I decided to stay with stock height springs. I don't want it mess anything up. I also painted the springs blue to match the calipers. They just need one more coat. I am slowly getting near the finish line.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recieved a set of 4 14 in Fiero hubcaps, but they need to be painted to clean them up. I plan on using the 14 in rims instead of the 13 in rims to save on the tires. I also picked up the front shocks so now all I have to do is put it together. I hope to get her on tires soon. I hope to post a lot more pictures also.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 05-02-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see it come back together.

Ben
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should be almost done now! It was like 75 degrees there a couple days ago..... of course it is snowing again now LOL.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah tell me about it. We had only about three inches or so. It could have been worse. Eau Claire had 17".
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just recently picked up an entire interior from an 86 gold bumper pad. I will post pics this weekend when I am finally able to put it together.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just recently picked up an entire interior from an 86 gold bumper pad. I will post pics this weekend when I am finally able to put it together.

In the mean time, here is what his entire Fiero interior looks like in a PT Cruiser

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you Really need to grab the Blue Dingy Thingie??? I Would have left it personally lol.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\ lol yeah sadly. I have a bad habit of forgetting that my running (aka attitude) lights are on. No guarantee that it works. I'm not entirely sure of this but I might be getting some pristine caps for my steelies from the guy that sold me the interior. I hope he was able to ship then along with some tan screw caps.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 05-09-2013).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait till tomorrow!!!! I'll finally be able to put the engine back in the car!!!

------------------

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't wait till tomorrow!!!! I'll finally be able to put the engine back in the car!!!

Great news!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weekend is here! Get out there and work!! lol
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday was productive day. It was nice and warm with tons of sun, and with that my first sun burn of the year. I fought all day with the front suspension and I was able to have all put together. The worst of it was fighting with the front springs. What a pain they are. I just need a few things like coder pins to finish it totally. Today however was very cold because if the blustery winds. It was even snowing pretty hard for a minute or two. So all I could do today was just clean up the wiring harness. I am having trouble posting pics so Johnwbp will post them for me.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 05-11-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am having trouble posting pics so JohnWPB will post them for me.

Here they are:

And looking REALLY good if I might add!

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend has been a total washout from all the rain. So to keep myself busy I restored a set of hubcaps from an 86 coupe. The red lettering was tedious. These hubcaps will be going on the 88 for shows only.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 05-21-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Looks like a NEW hubcap! I have some pieces here I need done.... checking into shipping prices to Wisconsin

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009

I was able to get some stuff done yesterday but not much. The hot sun and no wind make it very difficult.

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:I haven't been able to do anything with the rebuild. It has been WAY too cold to work outside.

Excuses, excuses

Oh, text me your address when you get a chance, gonna drop something in the mail to you. Nothing big, just a little something I think you may like to have.....

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excuses, excuses

Oh, text me your address when you get a chance, gonna drop something in the mail to you. Nothing big, just a little something I think you may like to have.....

Sure , If I lived in paradise that is Florida Id be done by now...but nooooo lol. Stupid snow. Lol
PM sent.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This up coming Wednesday she will be getting a windshield from, the only local glass dealer that had it, PPG. The amazing thing it only cost $268.00 with installation, parts, and labor included. I thought it wasn't that bad of a deal. What do you guys think? As soon as the windshield is glued on the interior will be put in.
I will finally be able to put the engine back in the car. I won't be able to get her to run just yet. I don't trust the ECM because of the fire damage and potential heat damage. So I'm on the look out for that.
On a another Fiero related thing. I found a wing for the 88. The po took it off and left holes where the wing should be. The only problem is its white... there is also a small crack, but that will be easy to fix.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 06-05-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a local place doing mine for $200. I may have an ECM but not sure how to tell if it's the one you need. I think all of mine are out of V6's.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

I have a local place doing mine for $200. I may have an ECM but not sure how to tell if it's the one you need. I think all of mine are out of V6's.

This is the service code for the 84 4 cylinder I believe. #01226156 This is what rock auto and other auto places on line say what the code is.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 06-05-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock