Started on: 04-26-2012 10:58 AM
Replies: 36 (1822 views)
Last post by: Lambo nut on 03-27-2014 08:24 AM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I been seeing some preformed rubber coolant hoses are not available. So I am looking to have some made. Looking for advice on what is not available. Radiator and heater core rubber tubes. A/C and non A/C. Year etc. If you need any preformed rubber coolant hoses and can not find them anywhere let me know.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would buy replacement preformed hoses for my 88 V6. Are these going to be stamped GM reproductions, like those offered for muscle car restorers?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it's just me, but I've had two front lower radiator hoses from the Fiero Store that are too large to seal properly at the pipe end. When you try to look up this part at any auto parts store, they'll tell you to use a flex hose. I've also heard of many people not being able to get the AC-equipped car heater core hoses.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A source for direct fit radiator hoses would be desirable. If those are not available Summit Racing Equipment sells some very nice SS hoses that have end fittings to fit any application. If Rodney makes the hoses great and if not this is what you will probably need to use:
http://static.summitracing....large/SUM-390124.jpg

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-26-2012).]

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

I would buy replacement preformed hoses for my 88 V6. Are these going to be stamped GM reproductions, like those offered for muscle car restorers?

+1 to this! I've got one of my 88 GT engines on a stand right now, and would love to have access to new radiator hoses to fit it with upon installation.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a few months ago, and didn't think about keeping the numbers for the one I used... Dumb I know...

Anyhow, I went to the local Auto Zone with my old hose in hand. He let me come back behind the counter, and we spent about 5 minutes eying up hoses, and comparing them. One was almost a perfect match, bend for bend. The only problem was the end of it was too long. I cut it to match the stock one, installed it, and it was a perfect match.

BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I changed all the hoses on my 87 GT my biggest problem was finding a inlet intermediate hose that was actually right. Nothing matched the factory hose I pulled off. I ended up having to take a upper radiator hose and cutting it to fit.

Jason
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about making them out of silicone like SAMCO etc?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last I heard, the 88 heater core hoses - with A/C - are no longer available.
Not sure about any others.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last summer I replace all 5 coolant hoses on my Formula, I was able to track them all down eventually between the local stores and Amazon.com. The only issue I had was the hose coming off the pass side coolant tube to the motor, it wasn’t formed quite right and is very close to rubbing on the AC compressor. I had to use a chunk of heavy wire to form a “S” and pull it back. It should be ok but I’d prefer one that was bent properly so I don’t have to worry about it rubbing and failing.
Replacement heater hoses would be nice.

AND may I strongly suggest replacement V-6 fuel lines!! The half metal and half rubber lines. TFS has them but, in my opinion they are ridiculously priced @ 190 for the set.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 04-27-2012).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 4 cyl hoses to the radiator and engine no longer available! I had an extra one and sold to a member who was in dire need and looked all over for one. I have heard heater core hoses are no longer available. Please make these! They are important!
Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-05-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced all 50 heater/radiator hoses on my fiero (ok not 50, but 10!)

Go to NAPA! They had, or can get all the hoses you need! I love that place! Carquest, autozone, or advanced auto didnt have anything other then the flex hoses, screw that.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

+1 I'd buy two sets.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney I hope you start selling hoses!
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need some Northstar hoses.. Any chances you'd like to try your luck at them?

------------------

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Rodney I hope you start selling hoses!

I'm still wondering what hoses are not available. Napa has them all?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the hose from the thermostat housing down to the drivers side coolant tube for an 88 duke is no longer available. At least I could not find one when I did my 88 and had to use a corrugated flex hose.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 heater core with AC are no longer for sale.

I also have had a fit trying to get the return coolant to water pump hose, clear the AC compressor and the belt. It needs to be around an inch longer at the water pump end .I used the NAPA one and don't like it.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The usual hose makers no longer making these?? I replaced all my 1984 Indy's coolant hoses including heater core with A/C with molded hoses (that do FIT) from the Fiero Store (a couple years back). They no longer have them either?
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have made good progress on having some of the rubber radiator hoses reproduced. My first batch will be all the radiator and heater core hoses used on the 88 V-6 with A/C. 7 hoses total. This is not all the hoses. There are one or two short straight pieces I am not making at this time. Everyone so far has been using standard black radiator hose for these. Possibly I will have some pieces made if enough want them. These hoses will be preformed and be the same size/shape as the GM OEM hoses but with no printing on them. I should have them in stock by fall.

Someone sent me some samples of the 84 with A/C heater core hoses so I will make those also. Two hoses. These are the small hoses that go to the heater core in the front compartment.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennoc442:

I just replaced all 50 heater/radiator hoses on my fiero (ok not 50, but 10!)

Go to NAPA! They had, or can get all the hoses you need! I love that place! Carquest, autozone, or advanced auto didnt have anything other then the flex hoses, screw that.

What is your car and what options?
PFF
System Bot
Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

I have made good progress on having some of the rubber radiator hoses reproduced. My first batch will be all the radiator and heater core hoses used on the 88 V-6 with A/C. 7 hoses total. This is not all the hoses. There are one or two short straight pieces I am not making at this time. Everyone so far has been using standard black radiator hose for these. Possibly I will have some pieces made if enough want them. These hoses will be preformed and be the same size/shape as the GM OEM hoses but with no printing on them. I should have them in stock by fall.

Someone sent me some samples of the 84 with A/C heater core hoses so I will make those also. Two hoses. These are the small hoses that go to the heater core in the front compartment.

Thanks, Rodney! I'll be looking for them!

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1987 Porsche 944S
1987 Corvette
1966 Porsche 911
2001 Chrysler 300M
Van's RV-6 airplane-at the airport, nearly ready to fly

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned re-creating the coolant tubes out of rubber. They seem to be the weakest link in the whole system. One misplaced jack or stand, one slip from a lift, one uninformed mechanic and the tube is ruined!

You'd need something to stiffen them up so they don't sag. Maybe a corrugated plastic sheath or additional supporting brackets.

Then you could make the appropriate Y-connectors, etc out of aluminum or stainless. I think more people would step up to a whole new system than a piece here and there. I understand you have to start somewhere, though.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your a stickler for OEM look....one of my friends had rubber stamps made with all the correct lettering made. When someone did a restoration, he could stamp all the hoses and lines with correct stuff with white/yellow rubber paint.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a manufacturer that makes the same wire style hose clamps also. I'm waiting on a sample. It may not be 100% exact but should be very close.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have made some good progress on radiator/heater core hoses. I have the two 88 V-6 with A/C heater core hoses coming in maybe 6 weeks. Also the 88 V-6 radiator hose from the water pump to the passenger side coolant tube. The aftermarket hose was too short I have always heard. By late this year or early next year I will have all the 88 V-6 with A/C radiator/heater core hoses in stock. Also I will have the 84 with A/C heater core hoses.

Let me know if there are other radiator/heat core hoses that are not available and I'll look to have them made also. I may do the 88 L4 with A/C hoses.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to source the following hoses on Amazon using Gate's fitment guide for the 88 V6 Fiero...

Thermostat to crossover pipe - Gates 20661
Upper radiator hose - Gates 21764
Lower radiator hose - Gates 21758 <- this is a universal flexible hose, all others are formed
Crossover pipe to driver side pipe - Gates 25251
Passenger side pipe to waterpump - Gates 21763

I have not been able to get around to installing them yet, so I don't know about fitment for 21763... The lower radiator hose to the passenger side pipe would be a good one to get remade.
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney;
I am glad to see you doing this. I am in desparate need of the lower passenger side pipe to water pump hose for my 88. I had to cobble together something from bits of spare stainless pipe and elbows to get the car running when the original failed. As you pointed out, all of the ones I found from parts stores were about 4 inches too short at the pipe end.

Rolland
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replace all the primary hoses on my 86 - Between Rock Auto and Napa and a local independent parts store I was able to get them all. A couple did require cutting off a couple of inches and the pre-formed hose from the heater core to the pipe were found by walking the Inventory of Molded heater and by-pass selection. PITA to say the least. It would be nice to have a single source for quality items at a fair price. So a yes for Rodney.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you check Gates catalog?
Heater hose is problem but most radiator hose are available in preform type.
Likely, You have to order thru Parts Plus or independent stores.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to look at 2 more 88 V-6 hoses. They are straight and some say you can use standard straight radiator hose. But: If one wants all their hoses to look the same I would need to supply these 2 hoses. So I need to know the length and inner diameter of these 2 hoses. Anyone?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
They look to be the 2 smaller heater core hoses from the engine to the metal tubes mounted on the firewall. P-22 shows them to be curved. I can have them made with the correct curve.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:
Also I will have the 84 with A/C heater core hoses.

The 84 with A/C heater core hoses will be here by the end of next week. These are not available anywhere.

I'll also have most of the 88 hoses in stock. I'll get them on my web pages soon.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rodney for everything you make!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-14-2014).]

slowburn57

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slowburn57Click Here to visit slowburn57's HomePageSend a Private Message to slowburn57Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the 88 heater hoses from you a couple of months back. Are perfect fit nice. Thanks Rodney

[This message has been edited by slowburn57 (edited 03-14-2014).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I updated my web page for the 1984 with A/C heater core hoses:

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=22&products_id=334

I have them in stock now.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a set of the 84 wA/C hoses from Rodney yesterday and they fit perfectly too! Although I am building a Countach, the area around the heater core and hoses has not been altered. I will get some good pictures soon (couple days) and start a new thread to show just how well they fit.

Kevin

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock