Started on: 04-20-2012 01:40 PM
Replies: 190 (3980 views)
Last post by: carbonfiber_kid on 10-16-2013 03:47 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: 5 Coins ordered, Page 5 is mine!

WoW! My coins made it to South Florida already! Sweet!

They look amazing!

Quick picture taken with my iPhone:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-22-2012).]

IP: Logged
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if any other coins have this problem, but my coin has several spots where the black is missing. I tried to get a good picture, you can kinda see it. The biggest section is on the left wing. The edge is the same way.

Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today about noon, my 2nd favorite mail lady brought them.

Excellent job again Kenton! Coins are beautiful!!!!

Thanks again, count me in whenever you start the next batch.

Jim

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found my package tonight. RACE, these look great. Thank you.

As I said before, you've created the got to have item for Fiero owners !
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine arrived today! Look AWESOME! Thank you Kenton!
Chris
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today RACE. They look great! Another incredible run! You should think about doing these coins every year!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I don't know if any other coins have this problem, but my coin has several spots where the black is missing. I tried to get a good picture, you can kinda see it. The biggest section is on the left wing. The edge is the same way.

I just looked at mine, and there are a few, very small imperfections, but nothing like the one you have pictured.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-23-2012).]

SoCal Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoCal JimSend a Private Message to SoCal JimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received Coins on Friday. Well, ....... awesome, cool, unique, purdyfull.
We'll have to do this again someday.

Waiting for your next artfull project.

Thanks, Jim

www.jimsfiero.com
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received mine yesterday also, they look great as usual. Thanks again for making these.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mattwa:

I just looked at mine, and there are a few, very small imperfections, but nothing like the one you have pictured.

[/QUOTE]

Received all 4 of my order.. All of them look good with the exception of mine.. the "F" on Fiero and surrounding area looks like the black has been scraped off of mine before the sealer was put on..

Not complaining.. just pointing out. just seems that quality control for this batch wasn't quite as high as it was for our previous runs.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
received mine Thur. they are awsome. no inprefections.

Ron T.

Historian
Indy owner #305

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for letting me know that you got them. I'm sorry that I hadn't noticed the imperfections. Past runs we're always very high quality. I am disappointed to hear that your coins were not all perfect. I will mention that to Christy. Unfortunately I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done at this point other than not make black nickel coins again until they can assure me that it won't happen again.

I know that the base coins are brass. I wonder if they received the black nickel coating then mayy have possibly been scraped during the engraving process. I'll ask about that too.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recieved my coins also. They look very cool. Bonus that the coins this time were the same colors as my car Thanks again Kenton!
datacop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Thanks for letting me know that you got them. I'm sorry that I hadn't noticed the imperfections. Past runs we're always very high quality. I am disappointed to hear that your coins were not all perfect. I will mention that to Christy. Unfortunately I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done at this point other than not make black nickel coins again until they can assure me that it won't happen again.

I know that the base coins are brass. I wonder if they received the black nickel coating then mayy have possibly been scraped during the engraving process. I'll ask about that too.

Please don't misunderstand.. I'm not looking for anything to be done.. no replacements or anything else.. I'm totally happy with my coins. Do I wish that all 4 of them were perfect.. sure. Will it stop me from taking part in the next set.. NOPE!..

I only brought it up cause you asked for feed back and in the interest of full disclosure, those were my findings

We all <3 our coins
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my coins on Friday Kenton.... and fierosmith and I brought some examples to the NTFC club meeting this weekend to show off and try to increase interest.

They were well recieved and looked great. thanks man!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

Please don't misunderstand.. I'm not looking for anything to be done.. no replacements or anything else.. I'm totally happy with my coins. Do I wish that all 4 of them were perfect.. sure. Will it stop me from taking part in the next set.. NOPE!..

I only brought it up cause you asked for feed back and in the interest of full disclosure, those were my findings

We all <3 our coins

I'm glad that you brought it up. I packaged them late at night after my kids went to bed. I was so focused on making sure that the engravings were correct and that I sorted and packaged them properly that I didn't inspect each coin for defects.

Thank you for saying something. Without your input I would not have known about the issue. I am taking it up with Christy at the manufacturer.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have been getting slammed at work and that has to come first. : )

I will be updating the received list now. Thank you for letting me know that you got them.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got ours coins saturday . . .no defects.

thanks
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my coins had a few marks on the back side outer ring that show a bit the base metal in 4 spots. Very hard to see.

I took a small black sharpie, fixed it up good as new. It's the coin we talked about eariler. Now the imperfections don't exist !
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my coins on friday. First time ive seen one. Almost missed the engraving on the outer part.

Make sure to post a thread for next years coin.
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got mine today!! great product and once again.. THANKS!
( just a note.... just tiny defects in the "F" on the backside... still very happy!)
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine on Friday, but I only now was able to really get a good look at them. They are really nice, heavy duty. I love the way they look very neat. Thanks for getting them made Kenton!
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All my 5 coin are in and no visual defects on them Once again THANK YOU KENTON if I could I would send more positive feedbacks...
take care
your canadian friend
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

All my 5 coin are in and no visual defects on them Once again THANK YOU KENTON if I could I would send more positive feedbacks...
take care
your canadian friend
Danyel

, I'm glad that all 5 of your coins arrived safely. Thanks for sharing your photoshop skills with the group.
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap what a cool idea!

------------------

c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received mine... They are just perfect... Thanks

Left positive feedback.

[This message has been edited by c-l (edited 07-03-2012).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been away from here for a while. Is anyone still waiting to receive ther coins?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I have been away from here for a while. Is anyone still waiting to receive ther coins?

Race I got mine but I dont think i sent out the payment for them.. PM me your Paypal address along with the price of 2 of them.. I'f I'm mistaken let me know but im pretty sure i dident send out the money for them... A+ job on them though.. really nice as always.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Race I got mine but I dont think i sent out the payment for them.. PM me your Paypal address along with the price of 2 of them.. If I'm mistaken let me know but im pretty sure i dident send out the money for them... A+ job on them though.. really nice as always.

You sent your payment on May 2. Feel free to send more if you like.

There are two more things that I need to do before considering this project closed. First, I have one last envelope to send out in tomorrow's mail. Second, as is our tradition, when we get a coin that starts with PFF in the prefix we auction it off with all proceeds going to Cliff Pennock to keep the forum going.

This is the actual coin that will be auctioned off.

Edit:
Here is a Link to the auction.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 07-12-2012).]

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my coins and they are perfect! Thanks yet again for all of your hard work, Kenton!
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2012 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just got home for being away from home on a job..
my coins are here..
anyway to get a cross rep of the color codes they used to say ppg or dupont.. some(2) have paint worn off in spots..
if you do this again.. you might want the vendor to ship you the coins outside the plastic sleaves.. I think the rubbing of coin and sleave is why the paint worn off in spots..
not bad..
they came out great other than that.. and thats more the hard plastic sleave than anything else..
thanks again..
carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for those with more than one copy would you consider parting with one of these cool coins or any off the others they may have?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay