Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68279 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harness is out and on its way to Timm. My replacement suspension should be here any day from Richard. I cant thank him enough for replacing the garbage Dean "installed" on my car. What an awesome act of generosity and kindness. We need more vendors like that! I am debating on dropping the cradle and going on ahead and start checking everything else. Plus, I'd really like to move the turbo to the back left so I can route a proper exhaust.

I sent Timm an awesome weatherpak bulkhead connector. Hopefully he can splice it into my harness to simplify removing the drivetrain. it would be easier to reinstall the harness with the engine out.. but damn, I hate working on this stuff by myself. Oh well, I just need to get in there and get it sorted!

But 1st, I want to install my new Kooks LT headers and catted x-pipe on the G8!

IP: Logged
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always disconnect the wire harness from the engine before it's dropped then leave it in the car.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Harness is out and on its way to Timm. My replacement suspension should be here any day from Richard. I cant thank him enough for replacing the garbage Dean "installed" on my car. What an awesome act of generosity and kindness. We need more vendors like that! I am debating on dropping the cradle and going on ahead and start checking everything else. Plus, I'd really like to move the turbo to the back left so I can route a proper exhaust.

I sent Timm an awesome weatherpak bulkhead connector. Hopefully he can splice it into my harness to simplify removing the drivetrain. it would be easier to reinstall the harness with the engine out.. but damn, I hate working on this stuff after I already paid to have it done. Oh well, I just need to get in there and get it sorted!

But 1st, I want to install my new Kooks LT headers and catted x-pipe on the G8!

Fixed it for you!
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious as to why you didn't send the harness back to Injection Tech? Does their customer service sux?

I thought they were legit?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Curious as to why you didn't send the harness back to Injection Tech? Does their customer service sux?

I thought they were legit?

Its not Jim's harness, its a custom Dean Cain POS.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I always disconnect the wire harness from the engine before it's dropped then leave it in the car.

Seems like a lot of extra work to me. You must be a pro at routing wiring by now!
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its not Jim's harness, its a custom Dean Cain POS.

In all seriousness, dropping $$ on a new harness wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car had a horrible harness when I got it, a quick call to phonedawgz (and sending the car to justin) fixed that.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

My car had a horrible harness when I got it, a quick call to phonedawgz (and sending the car to justin) fixed that.

Timm aka Phonedawgz is the one repairing the harness.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Woohoo, I didnt notice the package from Richard. My replacement coil-overs have arrived!!!! So pretty!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got one of the coil-overs installed. I don't know what it is. I just cant get motivated to finish this car. Timm is sorting out my harness. I should have it soon. I need to drop the cradle and get everything ready.... Meh, I am just not into this car anymore. Its just a gigantic point of contention with me.

------------------
1988 Fiero GT Ruined by Dean Cain of Whodeanie's Customs

1987 Fiero GT Road Racer.

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I got one of the coil-overs installed. I don't know what it is. I just cant get motivated to finish this car. Timm is sorting out my harness. I should have it soon. I need to drop the cradle and get everything ready.... Meh, I am just not into this car anymore. Its just a gigantic point of contention with me.

I'm sorry man, I know how you feel. I kept forgetting why the hell I was doing mine. It became more clear when I drove it though. Unfortunately when it rained on me through the T-Tops it became fuzzier again LOL.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

...]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that the face when you learned you have to move out of your moms basement?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah this looks like a Dawson fan to me....

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 03-15-2013).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys really need to stop picking on DH....I mean, his sister is really hot and I hope to make a good impression
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

You guys really need to stop picking on DH....I mean, his sister is really hot and I hope to make a good impression

Reading this, I pictured your Wife giving you her signature finger.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics or it didn't happen
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldnt particularly say I am being "picked on"?

I have plenty of pictures public on my facebook page.. by all means post them here.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldnt particularly say I am being "picked on"?

I have plenty of pictures public on my facebook page.. by all means post them here.

Do we get to see said sister?
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
11.17@132.6

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

ummm....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PASS

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 03-15-2013).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

ummm....

....... yeah.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: I have a feeling that may be a members sister. I had first assumed it was a random girl that Justinbart had posted. I am not out to bash member's sisters. Sorry. Bad form Kania.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-15-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news... DH, in his weird way, kinda motivated me to get off my ass and go work on the car for a bit. I was able to install the coil overs and get the car back on the ground to check the ride height. Its about stock ride height in the front right now. I have 5 threads showing on the bottom of the threaded collar. I also noticed the lower shock mount on the pass side has the wrong bolt in it. Its threaded all the way and is a bit too narrow in diameter. Gonna take the other side off and head to Fastenal to see if I can find a suitable replacement.

I also think I am going to reroute the charge cooling lines. Dean ran them on top of the stainless coolant tubes. Nothing like a little preheating for the charge cooler! Maybe I could route the lines over the wheel wells and through the rocker panels? May work..I dont know.

I haven't heard from Timm. I think he said my harness should be ready to ship out today. Fingers crossed it was all jacked up and the problem all along.

ON a side note.... ever been so tired you cant sleep? Thats me right now!
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good news... DH, in his weird way, kinda motivated me to get off my ass and go work on the car for a bit. I was able to install the coil overs and get the car back on the ground to check the ride height. Its about stock ride height in the front right now. I have 5 threads showing on the bottom of the threaded collar. I also noticed the lower shock mount on the pass side has the wrong bolt in it. Its threaded all the way and is a bit too narrow in diameter. Gonna take the other side off and head to Fastenal to see if I can find a suitable replacement.

I also think I am going to reroute the charge cooling lines. Dean ran them on top of the stainless coolant tubes. Nothing like a little preheating for the charge cooler! Maybe I could route the lines over the wheel wells and through the rocker panels? May work..I dont know.

I haven't heard from Timm. I think he said my harness should be ready to ship out today. Fingers crossed it was all jacked up and the problem all along.

ON a side note.... ever been so tired you cant sleep? Thats me right now!

You could just wrap the coolant tubes. Do they really get hot enough to heat surrounding items? I've never felt them when the car was running.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

You could just wrap the coolant tubes. Do they really get hot enough to heat surrounding items? I've never felt them when the car was running.

They get warm, real warm.

I wouldnt move them if they were already installed well. If you did move them, move them to the gastank area.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They get warm, real warm.

I wouldnt move them if they were already installed well. If you did move them, move them to the gastank area.

That is a good idea. I thought about that but I am not sure if there is going to be enough room. The hoses are 3/4". I may be able to get some hardlines stuffed in there if I went to 5/8ths. Again, not sure, never really gave it a good look.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are your air temps over ambient?

------------------
11.17@132.6

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone notice the MSD Dashawk does everything BUT the L67? I prefer it over my new Aeroforce gauge.

Justin, I dont know yet... Its never ran long enough for me to datalog it. When I said I babied it the two times I drove it, I meant it. I am debating dropping the cradle. I'd be able to get everything cleaned and painted. Plus I'd be able to check everything over very well.

I am enjoying my g8.. maybe too much. I have toyed with the idea of getting the Fiero up and running and see how much I could sell it for. If I could get enough to TT the g8... Hmmm tempting! Did you guys see the aerocharger TT set up? Its ridiculously expensive. $16 THOUSAND bucks.!!!! They must be smoking some damn good stuff!

http://www.aerocharger.com/kits_pontiac_g8.php
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get your harness and finish this beast yet?

You are suppose to finish yours before mine is finished, and NO mine is NOT finished yet they dropped the engine and put on the new heads but haven't touched it since then ( last Thursday 14th).
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't heard from Timm so I have no idea. Once I get the harness back, I may need to drop the cradle. Actually, I kind of want to just for my own piece of mind.

LOL Even ol smoothGT would of had his car on the road quicker than me.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Timm (phonedawgz), he had to completely rebuild my wiring harness. Between the harness and a "real" tune, if that doesn't sort it out, CarBQ at my house!
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just got off the phone with Timm (phonedawgz), he had to completely rebuild my wiring harness. Between the harness and a "real" tune, if that doesn't sort it out, CarBQ at my house!

lol, can I grab some parts first?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you decide to torch it, don't.... I'll totally take it off your hands. You don't even have to pay to haul it off - because that's just the kind of guy I am.

No need to thank me.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

If you decide to torch it, don't.... I'll totally take it off your hands. You don't even have to pay to haul it off - because that's just the kind of guy I am.

No need to thank me.

Now how can I say no to such an awesome display of generosity?
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stay with it man, mine's finally home. Yours will get there.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock