Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68270 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They sure are. I am a big fan of wrinkle finish paint. WR is a nod to my love for hiperf Subaru's. Is your Fiero tubbed???????????
IP: Logged
jaybeezi

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

They sure are. I am a big fan of wrinkle finish paint. WR is a nod to my love for hiperf Subaru's. Is your Fiero tubbed???????????

Hah, no that's just a photoshop I did to use as an avatar, it's actually the 4 door Fiero prototype, I liked the angle.

Yeah I am too, I think it looks wayyy better than the gloss finish on these valve covers. Looks like we were going for a similar style, cleanliness, but not a lot of bling. Brushed aluminum, cast coat aluminum, satins, wrinkle coat valve covers, etc...

------------------
My 87 GT 3800SC Swap thread
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109707.html

[This message has been edited by jaybeezi (edited 10-19-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. I looked at your build, very nice. Simple and CLEAN.

BTW the avatar image looks like a mirror image as well. I thought there was a pro street Fiero on here. Boom something or other.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-19-2012).]

jaybeezi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, appreciate it. Actually looking at it there's not a whole lot of pictures, & my low alt mount is wayyyy better now (different than everyone elses, made from 2 pieces of billet aluminum.) Yours, RULOOKIN & Nosrac's have me motivated lol.

Good luck with your car, hope it all works out, i've thought about doing the IC the way you have it, curious to see how well it works once the bugs are worked out.

edit: good eye, the image was flipped to work with the tire.
------------------
My 87 GT 3800SC Swap thread
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109707.html

[This message has been edited by jaybeezi (edited 10-19-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaybeezi:

Thanks, appreciate it. Actually looking at it there's not a whole lot of pictures, & my low alt mount is wayyyy better now (different than everyone elses, made from 2 pieces of billet aluminum.) Yours, RULOOKIN & Nosrac's have me motivated lol.

Good luck with your car, hope it all works out, i've thought about doing the IC the way you have it, curious to see how well it works once the bugs are worked out.

edit: good eye, the image was flipped to work with the tire.

Thanks! You are right there, those guys have some pretty sweet setups! I cant take the credit for my car. There are some brilliant bits and a whole lotta piss poor stuff. But the good stuff, really is good. Anyway, it will be finished, and it will be badass! I have a few things I need to figure out. Keep in mind that I am VERY particular about things. I don't like leaving anything on the table. No sense in buying top shelf parts if you aren't going to optimize it all. With that said, I need to figure out some duct work. That big heat exchanger up front kills the low speed air flow thru the radiator. Plus its just setting in the opening with gaps all along the sides and top.

I plan to pick up a sheetmetal brake and see what I can do. I need to do this for the heat exchanger, oil cooler (after I replace the cheap & fragile one that is on there now), air filter and radiator. I may even put a KTM radiator fan on the oil cooler and twin 8" fans on the chargecooler heat exchanger. They may be overkill, but thats ok... LOL Over, not under I say!

I am going to pull the UIM and have it blasted and the mounts for the badge removed. Not sure if I am going to go back with wrinkle black. I may go wrinkle red on it and change all the hard pipes to wrinkle black. But it may be too much red... ? I asked Charlie to call me when he starts tearing it down so I can come and grab a bunch of bits I want to paint. I need to do the engine bay as well. Then the suspension & wheel wells, brakes...Meh, it never stops!

For the body, its going satin gunmetal grey with satin black trim and '71 T/A style graphics in satin black as well.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-19-2012).]

jaybeezi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crazy **** , I don't know how to weld aluminum (plan on learning) so I bought a bunch of aluminum rivets & a rivet gun, planned on doing the hood vent thing & building a duct setup for the front that's completely sealed, haven't gotten around to it yet (want to get the car running first), this might give you some ideas. http://www.dsmtuners.com/fo...tup-road-racing.html

Where's the oil cooler? I was planning on putting a transmission, or oil cooler in the passenger side scoop, with a fan.

Yeah the black UIM is a little strong, black charge pipes sounds awesome. IMO titanium or pewter powder coat would look badass, especially with the red valve covers, black charge pipes, & that paint scheme...

This the look you're going for?

Btw, you have the wing I want, & I was going to do the upside down GT bumper front lip, but what is yours, is that the home depot lip? Looks good.

[This message has been edited by jaybeezi (edited 10-20-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaybeezi:

Crazy **** , I don't know how to weld aluminum (plan on learning) so I bought a bunch of aluminum rivets & a rivet gun, planned on doing the hood vent thing & building a duct setup for the front that's completely sealed, haven't gotten around to it yet (want to get the car running first), this might give you some ideas. http://www.dsmtuners.com/fo...tup-road-racing.html

Where's the oil cooler? I was planning on putting a transmission, or oil cooler in the passenger side scoop, with a fan.

Yeah the black UIM is a little strong, black charge pipes sounds awesome. IMO titanium or pewter powder coat would look badass, especially with the red valve covers, black charge pipes, & that paint scheme...

This the look you're going for?

Btw, you have the wing I want, & I was going to do the upside down GT bumper front lip, but what is yours, is that the home depot lip? Looks good.

I love those colors!

The lip on my car is a Lotus Esprit part. I have the p/n around here somewhere. I picked up a bunch of it when I lived in the UK. The first house we rented belonged to the VP of Marketing for Lotus (at the time). We got a tour and everything.

Oil color: yes, the crap rubber hose & clamps are getting tossed in favor of Aeroquip nomex covered braided linies.

The lip spolier on the back is the Bee's Knee's! I love it.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-20-2012).]

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still being repaired. Heads are due back from the machine shop early to mid next week. I'll update when I know more.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to get rid of the chrome valve covers on my LT1 and was thinking about black crinkle. Is it tough to aplly? What prep does it take?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I need to get rid of the chrome valve covers on my LT1 and was thinking about black crinkle. Is it tough to aplly? What prep does it take?

Typical prep on the part to be sprayed. Then 3 heavy coats alternating the spray pattern. Left to right, top to bottom, and then diagonally according to the directions. Then you need to let it set in a warm area for 2 days.
PFF
System Bot
jaybeezi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

More heat makes them 'krinkle' more, usally with an oven or with a heat gun.

Here is a good DIY
http://www.c-speedr.com/how...er/redvalvecover.php

------------------
Jaybeezi's 3800SC Swap

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats exactly what I do.. if an area didn't wrinkle much, I hit it with the heat gun for a bit. That usually does the trick. If the finish isn't even, or you had to touch it up, hit the entire part with a LIGHT coat of satin black. Obviously this only applies to wrinkle black.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just left Charile's shop. I am so upset right now, I cant think straight. I'll post some pics and update later....

No $30k engine builder would EVER, EVER let this pass.

These are NOT Comp Cams springs and retainers... they are used GM LS parts. Notice the black "coking" on the heads, springs and retainers. So even the heads weren't even hot tanked!

Deans "so good ZZP wants us to start porting their heads" port job. They arent even finished (look at the black marks from the sanding wheel)

Pretty obvious here:

Notice all the oil in the lower intake. UIM & ZZP full stack didnt have any oil on them. Oh, yeah, NO GASKETS... all silicone, on EVERYTHING

Metal & grinding wheel grit in EVERYTHING (its even in the TB vac ports!)

So where did all the money go that was spent on parts? Obviously not in my engine. This is just the tip of the iceberg I am afraid. I just cant believe what Charlie found when he opened my engine. Pics are pretty damming. Used parts, metal savings, grit, and silicone instead of gaskets. I said it before, and I am going to repeat it again.....

GET YOUR CARS OUT OF WHODEANIES CUSTOMS!

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-19-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So sorry man.

------------------

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just left Charile's shop. I am so upset right now, I cant think straight. I'll post some pics and update later....

Deans "so good ZZP wants us to start porting their heads" port job.

Pretty obvious here:

]

WoW, Are you going to Fix that intake or just go with a L26 NA?
When Dean said:

Originally posted by whodeanie:
.... I feel my work speeks for its self .....
Karma is a ***** !

That says it all right there!

I learned to DO it right or you will NEVER live it down. It is much better to give a full Refund than give an shoddy product with your name attached to it.
I already have enough egg on my face for buying an sub par custom work from reputable vendors that I assumed would do Quality workmanship.
I expect QUALITY workmanship and am more than happy to pay for it.

Well on the bright side I did end up with some Quality products on the second go round...LOL
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did all the money go? Dean claimed he was BROKE.. With all the up front money he got on his customers cars, there is no way he will be able to finish them properly. Mine is a clear example of that.

I don't know what to do at this point. I am leaning toward buying a used L67, drop it in and sell all the other parts off. Maybe I'll clear enough to atleast recoup the L67. Maybe... I'll never trust a Fiero shop again.. EVER. I'm so stupid for not doing it myself.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by StreetStock83:

Yes and yes to the oil change issue 1st and foremost the moment the original build had head Gasket issues everything was in shut down till I could get to the shop and see what was up. I did not feel there was enough time on the engine to consider it completed. As it pertained to bearing and valve train I absolutely drained the oil when I pulled the top end back down to Parade rest. I needed to see the oil and verify there was no debris or antifreeze. All signs in oil were just fine. NEXT I Had Dean take care of the parts list and verified with ZZP on all my method of reassembly, IE Head Studs correctly sequenced and Teflon taped not silly-conned, copper head spray etc.… I was spot on.
2ndly due to the short time line on the first start up I knew the smart play and the safe play is to spend the cash for break-in lube a second time… split the oil filter to check for issues. We all wanted you to have the best damn 3800 turbo to be sure of that and proud of.
Understand my frustration seeing and hearing the boost on the video ….. WAY to little time on an engine to be peddle checked like that. Regardless of what is said you are the only one who knows for certain how far you pressed the gas Alias, that time line, a rush to have your car back, and this I understand as we are only human.
P.S. after mock-up, prior to final assembly I made sure nothing is left to chance and everything is clearance, cleaned re-cleaned and then its cleaned again. That’s still never clean enough for me . But I ran out of time. If for some reason you still question my building abilities or dedication to a higher Standard of engine performance open the hood to your car and look at the workmanship in front of you. NOW try comparing comparable shops cost and timelines for what you have been handed.
Enough said I will not post on here further of this issue as it dose not require more comments or defense.
I do hope you enjoy the car it is an AWSOME one of a kind, A True work of engineering Art.

Quoted from Deans engine builder....
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what to do at this point. I am leaning toward buying a used L67, drop it in and sell all the other parts off. Maybe I'll clear enough to atleast recoup the L67. Maybe... I'll never trust a Fiero shop again.. EVER. I'm so stupid for not doing it myself.

You still can do it yourself. I'm trying to understand why it isn't in your garage now?
There are some L67 swap parts (turbo) in the mall right NOW, including an L32 crate engine.

A M90 setup will be cleaner and much more fun on the street, IMO.

However, the Turbo setup will be much more bad azz on the track and Highway.

I wish you well on whatever path you choose.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the time it went to Charlie, I had no room here. I was knee deep in Garths car. It was just getting a tune.... then the problems started popping up. It was easier to let Charile figure out what was going on. I go over there and tinker with the Fiero as well.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-20-2012).]

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this point, I'd say it may be more expensive trying to fix everything than to replace the entire engine. I am sorry man, I was hoping it wouldn't be THIS bad. I'd either go with nosrac's idea, or another idea would be to buy an already swapped car, and throw everything into yours? Here's one ad from the mall with a L32 for sale...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/064115.html

Here's one in your neck of the woods, but it's a bit more questionable as far as condition.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/064067.html

Good luck man. Keep us posted.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

to everyone following this thread, I have not responded to any of this crap because I feel my work speeks for its self and I have not ever trash talk anyone in an open forum.
my only regret is that I built a bad ass car for someone that will never care about the blood, sweet and custom design work that went into it. and then I did alot of work for free to make him happy and he just threatens me with a lawyer to get out of paying me what was owed? I guess I will see you in Court!
this is the only thing I will say about it.

have a nice life, Karma is a ***** !

I just spoke with the BCSO about this. In the state of Florida anything over $300 is FELONY GRAND THEFT. Guess what comes next?

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
11.17@132.6

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

You still can do it yourself. I'm trying to understand why it isn't in your garage now?
There are some L67 swap parts (turbo) in the mall right NOW, including an L32 crate engine.

A M90 setup will be cleaner and much more fun on the street, IMO.

However, the Turbo setup will be much more bad azz on the track and Highway.

I wish you well on whatever path you choose.

You really need to quit talking about turbo cars like you are an expert.

I just spoke with the BCSO about this. In the state of Florida anything over $300 is FELONY GRAND THEFT. Guess what comes next?

You fix your car? Oh wait nope more complaining and time wasting.

You got taken because you were a fool, and now you are going to waste your time chasing one... Seems like an endless circle at this point.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 11-19-2012).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to sound like I am supporting this guy, but you cant really tell how ported the heads are without looking at them better than you did.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Not to sound like I am supporting this guy, but you cant really tell how ported the heads are without looking at them better than you did.

Thats just one pic I took with my phone. So why not back off of me and rip into the jackass that did this? I mean seriously...
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, well I am 99% sure those heads are best thrown away as its basically impossible to port a 3800 head without knowing exactly what you are doing.

Any exhaust port pictures?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, well I am 99% sure those heads are best thrown away as its basically impossible to port a 3800 head without knowing exactly what you are doing.

Any exhaust port pictures?

So, do you suggest he pretty much just start over?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

So, do you suggest he pretty much just start over?

considering stock heads will do fine up to 700hp yeah.
PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
havent read the entire thread here but i get the drift, this is exactly why i built my car my self I blew the firest motor and the second had a knock 3rd was perfect imagine i had to deal with a shop to do it all $$$$$$

As for the RTV used to seal the intercooler to the LIM ! This is vary common and nothing wrong with it if done right there is more chance for the gasget to leak long before and RTV will On my build i only used RTV to seal intercooler to LIM and SC blower to intercooler never a issue

As for the oil in your LIM if not a cracked head I am thinking it oil from your PCV !!! i almost garentee it !!! block off your PCV hole in your LIM at top tap a barbed fitting into the PCV runner in the LIM run a hose to a PVC value then a oil catch can then to a vacume sorce after the throttle plate !

Looks like you have many issues with the build i have been in your shoes stick at it you will figure it out

As for the intake dont toss it out its useable needs a bit of work reweld inside and then epoxy the entire inside of it nice and smooth get leveling epoxy work it in basicly sealing the intake and making a smooth interior part of the intake
Good luck hope i helped you out a bit

looking at a few pics of your intake wondering where the PCV ends up going ??? Form LIM it usualy need to go through the zzp intercooler but to do this a new hole needs to be drilled in a different location on the LIM to lie up with the hole PCV hole in the intercooler not done for sure !! then the custom intake will block it at the top of the intercooler for sure so !! where is the PCV blowing into ?? you definatly need a PCV system on that set up and a breather on the fire wall side or fresh air in ! you need to research PCV system but i have this pic might help you out

in a fiero the fresh air in side id the fire wall side and PCV side is trunk dont mix it up !! it makes a huge differance also PCV side gets vacume after TB !!! fresh air in get vacume before TB !!

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 11-19-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

havent read the entire thread here but i get the drift, this is exactly why i built my car my self I blew the firest motor and the second had a knock 3rd was perfect imagine i had to deal with a shop to do it all $$$$$$

As for the RTV used to seal the intercooler to the LIM ! This is vary common and nothing wrong with it if done right there is more chance for the gasget to leak long before and RTV will On my build i only used RTV to seal intercooler to LIM and SC blower to intercooler never a issue

As for the oil in your LIM if not a cracked head I am thinking it oil from your PCV !!! i almost garentee it !!! block off your PCV hole in your LIM at top tap a barbed fitting into the PCV runner in the LIM run a hose to a PVC value then a oil catch can then to a vacume sorce after the throttle plate !

Looks like you have many issues with the build i have been in your shoes stick at it you will figure it out

As for the intake dont toss it out its useable needs a bit of work reweld inside and then epoxy the entire inside of it nice and smooth get leveling epoxy work it in basicly sealing the intake and making a smooth interior part of the intake
Good luck hope i helped you out a bit

Thank you. That is some great advice. I'll have a look. I know Dean eliminated the PCV system (obviously since the blower was removed). We were just going to tap the front side VC and put a bung in there for a PCV (think Mitsu Starion screw in style). Then run it thru a catch can and finally into the CAI pipe pre turbo. Not sure how ideal that would be. I guess with the intake off I could add a new bung there. Not sure TBH. Can you circle the hole you suggest I block off from one of the pics above?

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe that's why it was so smoking. Turbo might be fine...

------------------
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Maybe that's why it was so smoking. Turbo might be fine...

There is no oil in the turbo outlet. None in the charge pipe, TB, UIM or full stack heat exchanger... its all in the lower intake mani. Crazy...

Dean if you are watching.. this thread is now over 20,000 views. 200 in the last 2hrs.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is crazy. It can really throw you off trying to track down a problem when it's simply incompetence.

------------------
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

That is crazy. It can really throw you off trying to track down a problem when it's simply incompetence.

I honestly don't trust anything thats been touched by Whodeanies at this point. Once I get it home, I am going to have to take it all back apart and go over every bit.. trans, suspension, wiring, everything. However, Charlie is doing the engine. He has an excellent rep locally. We are into the same things (cars & MX) but he has all the connections. Plus, I just don't have the room or time right now. And if the engine part doesn't work out, I will just park the damn thing for a while... a long while.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why are you so attached to the idea of blowing the motor all apart and trying to rebuild it?

The reality is if you touch the crank, its not going to last you more than a few miles... If the magical engine builder dude cut the crank then you probably want to throw that away too.

Just get a random junkyard motor and toss it in...
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, UMAD

You really need to quit talking about turbo cars like you are an expert.

Or What???

but it does not mean you have any reason to call me out on being a moron.

If the Shoe Fits !
My Bad, I guess offering a different opinion backed up with supporting facts is too much for your perceived 3800 Knowledge Fortitude.
I thought this was a car Forum where different opinions and experiences were welcome.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

LOL, UMAD
If the Shoe Fits !
My Bad, I guess offering a different opinion backed up with supporting facts is too much for your perceived 3800 Knowledge Fortitude.
I thought this was a car Forum where different opinions and experiences were welcome.

all you have is opinion, zero experience.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock