Vinyl wrapping the Fiero GT by jwrape
Started on: 03-14-2012 05:18 AM
Replies: 71 (7756 views)
Last post by: 85sliverGT on 06-15-2014 11:18 AM
jwrape

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GraterFang:

So how has this project been progressing?

Also, I may have missed it but where did you get your wrap from? Which product is it specifically? I like the satin look it has. Should be really nice when you finish it.

Well, I am still iching to finish the car. I have decided to go with the Silver Carbon Fiber all over due to the cost. I can get 60"x20' roll for $144 shipped. I found what it would look like here.
http://youtu.be/hNy4ZU8jonc

I'm not over the top about carbon fiber but this looks killer in the sun and has a Awesome texture. Almost looks like Stainless Steal which would be absolutely sweet looking. They make a Stainless Steal Wrap but it's expensive. So MAYBE next paycheck I will buy the roll but $150 is not chump change around my house anymore with $4.11 premium gas, other cars take premium only. I'm trying to lower some bills and see if I can save more to get up some car $$$$.

THe vinyl is made by 3m mostly but there are other brands. With the cheap brands you run a risk of a lot of the adhesive sticking to the body after you remove the vinyl but most of the time you shouldn't have a issue.
If the time comes that you choose to remove the vinyl after it's been on the car a while, you should use a torch or heat gun to heat the panels before removing and the adhesive will let go and not stick to the body.

The Vinyl is really a awesome product, you just need to properly install or remove it to make it work right.

I just love it cause you can design and change the exterior of your car in a days worth of work and around $350 of vinyl....It's good for anything with a solid surface. I've seen a Carbon Fiber refridgerator. Youtube has tons of examples.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

[This message has been edited by jwrape (edited 03-29-2012).]

IP: Logged
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look like stainless, quite neat.

However, did you ever say what wrap you started with initially? You mentioned one that was supposed to be a glossier black but I actually like the satin look of the one you did on the hood and was thinking of looking into it.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 03-30-2012).]

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GraterFang

1387 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Also, have you played around with how well it can wrap curved surfaces like the front aero fascia? You mentioned it stretches well which would explain how it would cover curves that end up requiring extra material at their finish but how about the ones that end up requiring less? Do you simply just trim out the excess and leave a seam? Or does the material shrink quite a bit when you heat it as well?
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, have you played around with how well it can wrap curved surfaces like the front aero fascia? You mentioned it stretches well which would explain how it would cover curves that end up requiring extra material at their finish but how about the ones that end up requiring less? Do you simply just trim out the excess and leave a seam? Or does the material shrink quite a bit when you heat it as well?

Yea, I have done the hood in a "gloss" black that is really more of a Satin. It has a semi shine when the light is hitting it but you DEFINATELY can't see a reflection in it.
So yea, I'm gonna try the silver cause it SO cheap compared to any others out there and it has a really cool reflective quality.

As for stretching around the facia it is basically getting a piece long enough and pull from end to end and then heat and pull where needed. AS for things like fog likes and other holes, you take the heat gun and heat the material up a little and push it into the hole and stick it down and then slice it in the middle and push it out to the sides. Then trim off the extra material.

It's really not extremely hard to do.
Look at minute 2:07 on this video, they show doing the front facia on a VW.
http://youtu.be/kLsmPbPyE00

There are MANY video's on Youtube if you search "Vinyl wrapped", there are tons of examples.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

Yea, I have done the hood in a "gloss" black that is really more of a Satin. It has a semi shine when the light is hitting it but you DEFINATELY can't see a reflection in it.
So yea, I'm gonna try the silver cause it SO cheap compared to any others out there and it has a really cool reflective quality.

As for stretching around the facia it is basically getting a piece long enough and pull from end to end and then heat and pull where needed. AS for things like fog likes and other holes, you take the heat gun and heat the material up a little and push it into the hole and stick it down and then slice it in the middle and push it out to the sides. Then trim off the extra material.

It's really not extremely hard to do.
Look at minute 2:07 on this video, they show doing the front facia on a VW.
http://youtu.be/kLsmPbPyE00

There are MANY video's on Youtube if you search "Vinyl wrapped", there are tons of examples.

Remember what you are seeing used there is specialized vinyl specifically for doing car wraps, try that with your average 3 or 2mil cast or calendered vinyls and you will be in for a shock. The vinyls as they are using have glue "bubbles" that only adhere when the pressure and heat of a squeegee is applied. Also keep in mind that if a graphic design is being put in such areas they will distort due to the stretching that is needed to conform to thosee shapes. It's not quite as easy as it appears though with some patience one can do a good job.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Remember what you are seeing used there is specialized vinyl specifically for doing car wraps, try that with your average 3 or 2mil cast or calendered vinyls and you will be in for a shock. The vinyls as they are using have glue "bubbles" that only adhere when the pressure and heat of a squeegee is applied. Also keep in mind that if a graphic design is being put in such areas they will distort due to the stretching that is needed to conform to thosee shapes. It's not quite as easy as it appears though with some patience one can do a good job.

It's true, stretching too far will distort the material. You should use a largers piece of material than the surface you are covering and then trim off the excess after you have installed it.

I have been told that complex designs help to hide flaws. I don't like designs or signage on mine so I am trying to lay the vinyl as well as possible without showing seems. But then again, in the case of the Fiero front blinkers and the rear reflectors, when stretching into those openings even if it distorts a little won't even be seen due to the small opening and in this case I will be just looking for coverage and the same color inside the opening
docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

Metro has the chrome but it is only 2 ft wide so if you make your seams at trim level on the sides you can make it look all right and cover the othe seams with racing stripes it could be done for about $600 i think http://www.metrorestyling.com/

I remember a previous thread about CHROME WRAPPING and it was highlighting Alsa Corp's Stretch Chrome Film and it's 60" wide. Here's a few pics from alsacorp.com.

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, 60" wide is as wide as any vinyl comes but I have seen it as long as 20'
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's true, stretching too far will distort the material. You should use a largers piece of material than the surface you are covering and then trim off the excess after you have installed it.

I have been told that complex designs help to hide flaws. I don't like designs or signage on mine so I am trying to lay the vinyl as well as possible without showing seems. But then again, in the case of the Fiero front blinkers and the rear reflectors, when stretching into those openings even if it distorts a little won't even be seen due to the small opening and in this case I will be just looking for coverage and the same color inside the opening

You got it Pontiac!
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go,
Here is a video of vinyl stretching
http://youtu.be/XI26GvKsrOE
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just remember that we are looking at photos taken from 5-10 feet away. Go see one in person. You will want to save your money. I have seen a few cars done up close, and you can't hide a poor surface. If the car is not 100% perfect to start with, you will see every bump, divit, dent, and chip when the vinyl is put on. The paint does not have to be perfect, but the surface has to be glass smooth before you do this. Also, there are spots where the vinyl has to overlap, and that looks like crap. Think about when you do wall paper. You have to line up the pattern and you have to overlap the edges, cause it shrinks (few MM's). Finally, when you have to cut the vinyl to go around parts of the car, or over parts of the car, you will end up coming up short somewhere else. The vinyl is only so big, if you have to put it over a hood scoop, your going to pay at the edge. When you put the piece on the trunk, remember that you wont have any for the area of the trunk you see when its open. And yes, expect to pay $2000-$3000 for this. Now, I have not seen a car done in just a solid color, I've only seen patterns. A solid color may be different. But if your going to do a wrap, why do one color.

Rob
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Just remember that we are looking at photos taken from 5-10 feet away. Go see one in person. You will want to save your money. I have seen a few cars done up close, and you can't hide a poor surface. If the car is not 100% perfect to start with, you will see every bump, divit, dent, and chip when the vinyl is put on. The paint does not have to be perfect, but the surface has to be glass smooth before you do this. Also, there are spots where the vinyl has to overlap, and that looks like crap. Think about when you do wall paper. You have to line up the pattern and you have to overlap the edges, cause it shrinks (few MM's). Finally, when you have to cut the vinyl to go around parts of the car, or over parts of the car, you will end up coming up short somewhere else. The vinyl is only so big, if you have to put it over a hood scoop, your going to pay at the edge. When you put the piece on the trunk, remember that you wont have any for the area of the trunk you see when its open. And yes, expect to pay $2000-$3000 for this. Now, I have not seen a car done in just a solid color, I've only seen patterns. A solid color may be different. But if your going to do a wrap, why do one color.

Rob

Used to work in the industry. You are right, it will show any defects in the surface of the vehicle but seams can be hidden easily if you know what you are doing. You can get a near perfect finish with a little know-how, practice and time IMO. Solid colours are very popular because if you are willing to do it yourself it costs way less than 2-3 grand. I am thinking of doing my car this year because at the moment I don't have a garage and don't want to leave a new paint job out in the elements and out where it can be marred by anyone, so a vinyl wrap will cost me less than $500. check out some of the vids that the OP linked, lots of owners of "supercars" like this option as well, it protects the original paint and is a "cheap" way to change the look of their cars.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Used to work in the industry. You are right, it will show any defects in the surface of the vehicle but seams can be hidden easily if you know what you are doing. You can get a near perfect finish with a little know-how, practice and time IMO. Solid colours are very popular because if you are willing to do it yourself it costs way less than 2-3 grand. I am thinking of doing my car this year because at the moment I don't have a garage and don't want to leave a new paint job out in the elements and out where it can be marred by anyone, so a vinyl wrap will cost me less than $500. check out some of the vids that the OP linked, lots of owners of "supercars" like this option as well, it protects the original paint and is a "cheap" way to change the look of their cars.

Don't get me wrong, im all for cheap. I don't have the $3000-$5000 for a custom paint job, so I did it myself for about $200. I'm with you on the price. I've never seen a one color, no pattern car, and the ones that have a pattern are the ones im talking about having issues where the vinyl is cut to go around something and what happens after the vinyl is cut. I'd love to do a solid flat black car.

Rob
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't get me wrong, im all for cheap. I don't have the $3000-$5000 for a custom paint job, so I did it myself for about $200. I'm with you on the price. I've never seen a one color, no pattern car, and the ones that have a pattern are the ones im talking about having issues where the vinyl is cut to go around something and what happens after the vinyl is cut. I'd love to do a solid flat black car.

Rob

That's what I am thinking of doing!
firejo24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firejo24Send a Private Message to firejo24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vinal looks pretty good!
DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yea, 60" wide is as wide as any vinyl comes but I have seen it as long as 20'

Oracal 970 wrapping cast can be sized up to 60 inches x 50 yards and runs about $1K for a full roll.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob

The quality is in the person who installs it. Some do look like crap, some look WORSE than a pile of crap, some you can't tell. Proper planning is key on where your seems are. On the Fiero, the only place I will have a seem is on the roof because the rear quarter connects up over the roof and it's a VERY long stream lined piece. Most seems are non existant due to the division between the doors and the fenders and the divide between the bumpers and the body. Usually if planned right you can put a seem in the crack of the door etc. As for a Hood Scoop on the Deck lid, yea anymore surface area would be a far stretch and might end up needing more material which could need a seem. If it's a subtle smaller hood scoop then it would stretch perfectly.

$2000-$3000 is if you have someone do it. In that case I would not do it if I was paying someone for their time to install it. It is time consuming but to me if I can wrap a car for $500 or less and get a solid clean surface on the car then it''s well worth it. I'm not paying $3000+ for a paint job on a $3000 car total value. To me unless you have some way to increase the value of a Fiero, I'm not gonna drop that much money into it. I love the car, but I don't want to throw away that much money into it. I have owned over 30 cars since 15 and only lost money on a few, I don't plan to loose too much on this one. I wanna enjoy it now but eventually I will sell it and want to kinda break even.

Yes, the body needs to be smooth. All imperfections show through the vinyl. Me personally I am wet sanding the current surface to silky smooth. I also have to fill the fiberglass around the sunroof. That's just part of re-surfacing your car anyway. To me it doesn't matter cause my current paint underneith is flaky and needs refinishing anyways, hence the reason for wrapping it. But to me I like the vinyl better cause if I want to add a scoop or a gill in the side, I can do so and then do not have to re-paint, I can just buy a small piece of vinyl to re-cover it after adding the scoop. No need for spending the money to have it repainted again after a slight mod.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey jwrape,

Is this like the vinyl that you initially started with? Still trying to get an idea of what vinyl you did the hood with.

Thanks

http://www.metrorestyling.c...l-p/gloss1080g12.htm
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey jwrape,

Is this like the vinyl that you initially started with? Still trying to get an idea of what vinyl you did the hood with.

Thanks

http://www.metrorestyling.c...l-p/gloss1080g12.htm

Yea, same stuff, but I got mine on EBay.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought 3M off this website, autovinylsolutions.com.

Hopefully mine will come out good, just doing the rear bumper since I have a spare, to see how it turns out.

[This message has been edited by fierogt27 (edited 06-28-2012).]

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got some more pics.

I finally replaced the driverside fender and wrapped it and put the mirrors back on cause I have to drive it since my G is up on blocks. Swapping wheels

Here is a pic of where I laid a piece of the black Carbon Fiber on the round trim to see what it looks like. I like it.

EDIT: I just noticed I need to re-heat and stick the corner of vinyl in this pic. How embarrassing. LOL

And the G on Blocks. LOL

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

[This message has been edited by jwrape (edited 07-17-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that looks really good! The amount of patience you have is amazing. I was going to try to put a racing stripe on mine and ended up getting so pissed about bubbles and placement that I through the whole strip away!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you get that car to stick to the ceiling? And the trees to grow upside down? I wish I could see your car up close. Do you have an idea how much time you have in it? Would it help to have another person when installing it?

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 07-17-2012).]

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero42:

Wow, that looks really good! The amount of patience you have is amazing. I was going to try to put a racing stripe on mine and ended up getting so pissed about bubbles and placement that I through the whole strip away!

It does take a little more patience but the reward is worth it. The bubbles are not as bad as old vinyl types. The newer stuff will absorb a lot more bubbles than the older stuff and once you learn how to lay it, it comes easier and faster. Also, while laying it, you can pull it up and reset multiple times without damage. It's very good stuff. I am very excited about how it looks and has turned out.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011

Originally posted by dratts:

How did you get that car to stick to the ceiling? And the trees to grow upside down? I wish I could see your car up close. Do you have an idea how much time you have in it? Would it help to have another person when installing it?

Not sure what you are referring to about the car on the ceiling.

But time wise it does take some time when you first start up, but as you get used to it and get better at it the panels get going faster, but now something like the rear quarter panels were time consuming and difficult from the curves and lines. BUt the other panels are fairly simple.

NO you wouldn't want to pay for it. Usually it cost at $2500 to do a complete car due to the time and work involved. Doing it yourself is always cheaper, but in this case vinyl wrapping is labor intensive so you end up paying a lot to have it done.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

[This message has been edited by jwrape (edited 07-18-2012).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The picture of the G car is upside down on my computer. It was a lame attempt at humor. Do you think that I could save money by doing the straight parts myself and bringing it to a pro to do the difficult stuff?
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

The picture of the G car is upside down on my computer. It was a lame attempt at humor. Do you think that I could save money by doing the straight parts myself and bringing it to a pro to do the difficult stuff?

Um, possibly... I would think that once you do a few panels you are gonna be confident to do the rest. BUT if you pay for any panels to be done I would pay for the bumpers to be done. THey are the hardest to stretch correctly. The rest is pretty straight forward

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks neat. I've been thinking about redoing mine with a matte black - bright red- upper over bright silver lower.
What claims do the manufactures make with respect durability and gloss/color retention? I'd hate to see it fad away or peel in just 2 or 3 years. Also any conciseness on who has the best product? Thanks

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3m is definitely the best. From what I read the lifespan is anywhere bewteen 3-8 years depending how it's cared for and if it's parked outside all the time and stuff. I am currently working on wrapping my GT and it's WAY more time consuming and difficult than I expected. Also it depends on the condition of your current paint. I am having issues because my car had a cheap repaint that was not prepped right before I bought it so any paint that is not adhered properly will come off on the back of the vinyl creating a while new problem.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I like this Blue Chrome and the car is all right to

I have the Alsa chrome wrap, gotta sweet deal at .69 sqft. Tried my hand at it today on the rear hood, but didn't go so well. When I lifted the vinyl back up it tore out portions in the middle. Maybe I should have heated it to raise back up but I haven't seen a video where that was needed. It also has a protective covering that I don't know if it is supposed to be removed before or after applying. It's to hard to pull off prior to applying but getting a hold of it is very difficult.
Did your have a protective cover?
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My vinyl didn't have a protective coating, I would think it's supposed to be removed after its applied. The coating is probably to keep you from scratching or marring it during application.
PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

My vinyl didn't have a protective coating, I would think it's supposed to be removed after its applied. The coating is probably to keep you from scratching or marring it during application.

That is correct, the clear film is to be removed after installation. The chrome films are the only ones i have ever seen that use this.

Rob

Rob i dont think you are wrong to think this, you just haven't seen a nice wrap before

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock