Ohio Fiero Club by A4SixtyNineRR
Started on: 03-09-2012 12:40 PM
Replies: 66 (3070 views)
Last post by: tshark on 11-30-2015 07:54 PM
A4SixtyNineRR

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I wanted to officially announce that the Ohio Fiero Club is moving ahead. We have 20+ people interested in being members and I am hoping to find even more. The club email is OhioFieroClub@gmail.com and our website is under construction at www.OhioFieroClub.com

Please spread the word!

Thanks,
-DJ
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pro street dave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GOOD LUCK!
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
richg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richgSend a Private Message to richgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats cool
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neat, maybe willing to join.

Any plans for future setup? Looks like it's just a forum for now.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 03-12-2012).]

KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to it.
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Neat, maybe willing to join.

Any plans for future setup? Looks like it's just a forum for now.

The website is in the formative stages and is still under construction. We are hoping to schedule monthly or bi-monthly meetings for the club... possibly on a local level so all members near Cincy would meet there, all Cbus members in their city, etc. We also want to attend car shows as a club this year and possibly plan at least one club event for everyone to attend. We are still getting our bearings and trying to find the best method for a statewide club. We welcome any suggestions and are open to anyone who would like to join. Thanks for your interest!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So now there are 2 clubs here in Columbus....
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

So now there are 2 clubs here in Columbus....

Is there an active club still around in Central Ohio? I searched everywhere for one before starting OFC, but I couldn't find anything. It seemed as though the Cleveland, Central Ohio, and Southern Ohio clubs had all folded. Do you guys still meet or is there an active website/email? I couldn't find any current info online and no one seemed to know you were still around on the forums. I started posting about an Ohio club last fall and only one person said there might still be a Cbus group.

On a side note, I am in Columbus but the club is not. We have started a statewide club in the hopes of having enough members to keep one going. We've talked about having smaller groups in each city, but all under the state club. We would love to partner with any existing Ohio clubs to make something work so please post any info you have about a Cbus group Thanks!
starkmaster03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starkmaster03Send a Private Message to starkmaster03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A4SixtyNineRR:

Is there an active club still around in Central Ohio? I searched everywhere for one before starting OFC, but I couldn't find anything. It seemed as though the Cleveland, Central Ohio, and Southern Ohio clubs had all folded. Do you guys still meet or is there an active website/email? I couldn't find any current info online and no one seemed to know you were still around on the forums. I started posting about an Ohio club last fall and only one person said there might still be a Cbus group.

On a side note, I am in Columbus but the club is not. We have started a statewide club in the hopes of having enough members to keep one going. We've talked about having smaller groups in each city, but all under the state club. We would love to partner with any existing Ohio clubs to make something work so please post any info you have about a Cbus group Thanks!

The COFE club, Central Ohio Fiero Enthusiast.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested and know a few locals that might be as well... I will link this page to them. I have art/graphic skills and would be willing to make logos, shirts, whatever may be needed. Also
interested in seeing who might like helping others work on their car, paint, etc. Maybe get an event going, who knows? Jims84 has been talking about something like this for a while... we had no idea there was a central ohio club, you other guys need to advertise more.

Edit: I am in Wilmington and the other guys are down here in SW Ohio as well...

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 03-16-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres some talk of a meeting later this month. Theres prob about 15-20 members. Im not a current member myself because I sold all my Fieros, but I keep in touch and go sometimes just to visit and hang out. Im always open to club members bringing their cars for anything from advice to help. My shop space and tools are available...you just pay for whatever supplies you use. No long term stays though since I do work out of it still myself and city frowns on inoperable vehicles on the property.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-16-2012).]

A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I had no idea it still existed... especially to have that many people. I would love to find out more about it and check out a meeting sometime.

My '87 GT is in storage at the moment, but there are definitely a few fixes that are planned for this year. I have a nice little oil leak coming from somewhere and I need to do a cradle swap at some point. Where is your shop located? I could probably do it at home, but it would be nice to have the advice from someone a little more knowledgeable.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone-

I been building the site a little everyday and I am adding content to it everyday when I can.

Sign up everyone. I dont care if you dont live in Ohio. Maybe we can get it active... Or at least so it starts to index on google. =)

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 03-16-2012).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im on the far east side in Reynoldsburg. Im right near the intersection of I-70 & I-270, so its easy to get to from anywhere.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty short lived.. nobody is doing anything with it and the website cannot be found. What a shame.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting something going like this is very difficult to sustain. Be nice if someone took this up again.....
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im pretty much the only one that is in Central Ohio Fiero Club thats on the forum. I think theres one other thats on here as Xquaid, . Generally they just dont like the forum. Im not an official member now (no Fiero)but I still meet up with them when I can.
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a lot of interest initially when I tried to start the group, but then people started to drop off. I decided there just wasn't enough people to justify the work so I gave up. I've often thought about trying to start it again, but it would only be worth it if others were willing to help. Maybe people are in a better frame of mind a few years later?? Thanks for reviving the old post... We'll see how much momentum it gains this time.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was too far for me to participate when I lived in Akron, & now I've moved out of state.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my son a Fiero. About to buy another for myself. I would like to be able to talk to others in Ohio about our cars and get together to have a few beers. Been in this thing since I was 15. 42 now.
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm down in Bellbrook, OH. Would like to meet some folks when my neck heals up!

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Got my son a Fiero. About to buy another for myself. I would like to be able to talk to others in Ohio about our cars and get together to have a few beers. Been in this thing since I was 15. 42 now.

If I remember, the Cleveland Fiero Club was pretty active years ago anyway. They even used to help sponsor the Pontiac Nats at Norwalk a few times at least.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone seen Fierokid87 lately? He had a nice white 88 Formula. He lives in the same town as me.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I remember, the Cleveland Fiero Club was pretty active years ago anyway. They even used to help sponsor the Pontiac Nats at Norwalk a few times at least.

We did not sponsor the Nats we just had a show with in a show there. It was a nice event but we could hardly get any Fiero people outside the club to come. It is a shame the largest Pontiac show in the world and so few Fieros show up.

And it is not like they did not treat us fair and well. I can hardly count the many times a Fiero took home a Ames Top 5 award out of 600 cars in the event let alone class wins.

If you want a small club to last be friends first and club members second. Too often failure is where some forget to be friends.

Many of us from Cleveland are still in touch as we were friends first and club members second. We do not need to pay dues to still call on one another for help or just to talk.

That reminds me Dave give me a call. I have been wanting to get ahold of you since the Cleveland shows. I missed you at the new car show as you were away from the car. The car looked good.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 04-28-2014).]

OziDarklighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OziDarklighterSend a Private Message to OziDarklighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a member of the Michigan Fiero Club I'm really excited to hear that!

I'll make sure to mention this at the next meeting. If ya'll are having an event or meeting in Toledo let me know, that's not too far for me :-)
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems hard to contact people in our area. Im not in the cliche yet. People wanted to start clubs for this reason.
Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, let me know if you all are planning some runs and such, I'm in Southern Indiana, so the drive isn't that far, thanks.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

We did not sponsor the Nats we just had a show with in a show there. It was a nice event but we could hardly get any Fiero people outside the club to come. It is a shame the largest Pontiac show in the world and so few Fieros show up.

And it is not like they did not treat us fair and well. I can hardly count the many times a Fiero took home a Ames Top 5 award out of 600 cars in the event let alone class wins.

I know you didnt sponsor it, but thought you were involved someway. It was 15 years ago. Seems like some of your guys were guiding parking too. I remember one of the times I did go and the guy at the gate didnt want to let me in saying Ferraris werent allowed that it was an all Pontiac show, lol. One of your guys straightened him out.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know you didnt sponsor it, but thought you were involved someway. It was 15 years ago. Seems like some of your guys were guiding parking too. I remember one of the times I did go and the guy at the gate didnt want to let me in saying Ferraris werent allowed that it was an all Pontiac show, lol. One of your guys straightened him out.

Hell yeah!! Drive all that way across water and through Mexico! Good thing he was straightened out. No wonder we don't have as much involvement around here.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry I just saw where you said sponsored in your post and I just took you for your word.

To be honest the event is what the POCI should be a much more relaxed and entertaining event. That is why they generally get more cars. You have 500-600 show cars and 500-600 Race cars to watch all day.

The Fiero show in a show stopped about 5 years ago when the club disbanded.

People wonder why the Fiero does not get more attention it is because so few attend events like this that would give them more exposer. The media will generally not come to you but they do attend this event and do cover many of the non GTO cars at the event.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 04-29-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next event? I'll bring my sons fiero. It's a piece of **** but its a good driver none the less. We should be proud of our cars.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next event? I'll bring my sons fiero. It's a piece of **** but its a good driver none the less. We should be proud of our cars.

It is August of every year and they have a web site. http://www.pontiacnationals.com/

We used to get over 30 Fiero's but now we see maybe 10. Even the Firehawks out number us.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is August of every year and they have a web site. http://www.pontiacnationals.com/

We used to get over 30 Fiero's but now we see maybe 10. Even the Firehawks out number us.

Thanks! Good info.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hell yeah!! Drive all that way across water and through Mexico! Good thing he was straightened out. No wonder we don't have as much involvement around here.

LOL, that was when I was in Columbus 365 days a year. Even when Im out of the country, my 2 vehicles stay here in Ohio. If I sell the property, they still will be here. Dont need them on the island...

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Add a plus one to that....August is very doable to get ready.

fierotrev2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierotrev2014Send a Private Message to fierotrev2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea August is plenty of time to get the fiero up and ready to go Just got mine 86 2m6 and looking forward to meeting some other Ohioans who also share the same interest in the car

------------------
Garage:

**2014 impala LT 3.6L 305hp**

**1986 Fiero 2m6 4spd**

HotWheelsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HotWheelsFieroSend a Private Message to HotWheelsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this, hoping interest sparks since I just bought an 88 Formula & I’m back in the game again instead of being on the bench.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, the web site appears to have died, along with this thread.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Sadly, the web site appears to have died, along with this thread.

Starting a club is tough and keeping it alive is tougher.

Most clubs that start and last are normally run as a business with a strong leader that has pressure on him to make it work since he is vested. Or the other kind that is mostly a social group that are together mostly because they are friends.

Having experienced many different clubs I know now a lot of how things go and how things work or do not work.

Add to this the limited nature of the Fiero and it limits the number of members too. It is hard enough to keep a Camaro or Corvette club together and happy let alone a Fiero club.

I have seen many with bright eyes and ideas come and go with the club deal. It is a tough thing and it takes a lot of work normally done by a small group of people. Also not everyone has the time to put into the club as others. I know some years I was really into it and other years I seldom even got the car out due to other things that were more important and the fact I got tired of the car for a bit. Owning it 30 years your enthusiasm goes in Cycles.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock