Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40141 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 12-19-2012).]

IP: Logged
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Egads is this seriously this coming summer already? Where has the time gone! I thought I'd have forever to finish my project(s). Oh well I hope to be there one way or another. Looking forward to meeting several of you and seeing your rides in person
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I go, I will trailer only because of comfort and storage.... and we are also planning on a possible drag night (or in my case street drag night )
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are driving our Fieros from the Denver area; I think we have 4 or 5 that are going so far. I am planning to leave on Tuesday and get to Indy on Wednesday night so we have the whole day on Thursday to do some of the activities. We will stop in Topeka Tuesday night and then go from Topeka to Indy. I will need to add Wednesday night to my reservations if we do not want to miss the activities on Thursday. Some of the Colorado people may leave later so there may be two caravans from Colorado if you plan to arrive on Thursday night or Friday.

If anyone is interested in caravanning with us from Denver, Topeka or any cities or towns along the way, post your plans and we can try to get together so we can travel as a group.

If you want to contact me to make plans PM me or post in our local 30th forum thread.
http://milehighfieros.8.for...opic.php?p=9592#9592

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As stated below by DanFiero, if this doesn't contribute to the cause, I won't promote it.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 12-19-2012).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

We are driving our Fieros from the Denver area; I think we have 4 or 5 that are going so far. I am planning to leave on Tuesday and get to Indy on Wednesday night so we have the whole day on Thursday to do some of the activities. We will stop in Topeka Tuesday night and then go from Topeka to Indy. I will need to add Wednesday night to my reservations if we do not want to miss the activities on Thursday. Some of the Colorado people may leave later so there may be two caravans from Colorado if you plan to arrive on Thursday night or Friday.

If anyone is interested in caravanning with us from Denver, Topeka or any cities or towns along the way, post your plans and we can try to get together so we can travel as a group.

If you want to contact me to make plans PM me or post in our local 30th forum thread.

If there is a group coming through St. Louis on Wednesday, I may jump on that caravan. As we get closer, details can be worked out like time of day and meeting place.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can not use two of the Sweet Jack deals in a row to stay four nights...
You can only use one of them at a time.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 12-19-2012).]

TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**EDIT: Link removed for the sake of the 30th event organizers**

If you really want 4 nights, why not have your wife / significant other purchase a second discount voucher and use them both that way. You might have to "check out" and "check in" again but it could save you about $80 total.

[This message has been edited by TG oreiF 8891 (edited 12-21-2012).]

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

If you really want 4 nights, why not have your wife / significant other purchase a second discount voucher and use them both that way. You might have to "check out" and "check in" again but it could save you about $80 total.

My thoughts (and plan) exactly, although I haven't seen anywhere where it says you can't use them consecutively.

On that note I received a message about this deal from a 30th organizer:

"You guys realize that a sweet deal like this does not contribute to our overall event. The hotel is letting us use their facilities in exchange for a binding contract to sell room nights. By not renting your room under the Fiero 30th room agreement, our resources for the overall event are reduced. Something to think about. The more revenues that the hotel yeilds, the more perks that our event recieves that will benefit the entire event."

On that note I am deleting my previous post and apologize, I will also delete my post on the facebook page as soon as I am off work and can get to a computer that allows me access. (For some reason my phone won't let me delete a post).

Dan

Boomtastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:
"You guys realize that a sweet deal like this does not contribute to our overall event. The hotel is letting us use their facilities in exchange for a binding contract to sell room nights. By not renting your room under the Fiero 30th room agreement, our resources for the overall event are reduced. Something to think about. The more revenues that the hotel yeilds, the more perks that our event recieves that will benefit the entire event."

That's a deal between the event staff and the hotel, not between guests and the hotel. Where people decide to stay is their own choice. Not everyone can afford to stay at the host hotel - especially for the entire event. It's a matter of simple economics. The hotel will gain exposure in other ways such as publicity and sales of food and services that it is not accounting for. The short term goals it is seeking will be far outweighed in the long run by them simply hosting this event - otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Meanwhile some "perks" might be gained by better publicity. There's still a lot of people that have no idea that this event is even happening because they don't frequent PFF (myself included) ..
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on the note of Caravanning, I haven't read through the last few pages, but I am pretty sure there will be a group of us from Kansas City making our way up there, I have a friend coming up from the Dallas area to drive with us, and another from Arkansas to join, and if things go as planned there should be 10-15 from KC going in a group, I would love to meet up with the denver guys and pick up any St. Louis guys that want to join and make a statement on the road.

Chris
KCFOG President
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a registration form posted anywhere?

Its only 6 months away..........
LethalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LethalGTSend a Private Message to LethalGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
eph_kay, me and my buddy from Oklahoma plan on going so we could possibly meet up with your caravan.
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great, I am gonna start gathering more info and start getting an email string going so we can all keep track and see how many people actually are planning to go.

Chris
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:
That's a deal between the event staff and the hotel, not between guests and the hotel. Where people decide to stay is their own choice. Not everyone can afford to stay at the host hotel - especially for the entire event. It's a matter of simple economics. The hotel will gain exposure in other ways such as publicity and sales of food and services that it is not accounting for. The short term goals it is seeking will be far outweighed in the long run by them simply hosting this event - otherwise they wouldn't do it.

We are in no way requiring anyone to stay anywhere. Most of the larger venues in Indy, from my experience, see themselves as meccas to which automotive enthusiasts should be grateful to even be able to stay a few nights... Again, obviously, no one is required by us to do anything, but we did want it mentioned that rooms reserved through Sweet Jack do not count towards our contracted number of room nights at the host hotel. We want as many participants as possible and if that means that you stay offsite, or get deals through other outlets, that's fine, but please try to keep in mind that there are people that stuck their necks out and signed contracts to get this thing moving.

Meanwhile some "perks" might be gained by better publicity. There's still a lot of people that have no idea that this event is even happening because they don't frequent PFF (myself included) ..

There is a page on Facebook and I tried to post it into as many of the Facebook groups as I am a member of. 30thFieroAnniversary I need to work on getting the itinerary up on there as someone has already submitted a lament that they would have to even follow a link to this thread.

I am open to suggestions of where else to link the Facebook page to. Thanks for the comments.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Is there a registration form posted anywhere?

Its only 6 months away..........

I will inquire again... I am getting anxious too.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 12-28-2012).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

There is a page on Facebook and I tried to post it into as many of the Facebook groups as I am a member of. 30thFieroAnniversary I need to work on getting the itinerary up on there as someone has already submitted a lament that they would have to even follow a link to this thread.

I am open to suggestions of where else to link the Facebook page to. Thanks for the comments.

Youtube maybe? Maybe some footage of fieros from shows, I know you have some! Then a link or data about the 30th in it.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will look into it!
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

If there is a group coming through St. Louis on Wednesday, I may jump on that caravan. As we get closer, details can be worked out like time of day and meeting place.

We will be crusing threw there but not sure on a time !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

whiteandnerdy27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whiteandnerdy27Send a Private Message to whiteandnerdy27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Well if anyone from the East is going to wind up on I-64 or US-68 on their way there, let me know, caravans are a good thing.

i will almost certainly be going. but i might be taking a slightly different route because i am going to be staying in Richmond Indiana with my uncle that lives there (yay free lodging) so i will be going up through dayton into richmond. but we may be able to meet up for the first leg of the drive.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI there is a caravan thread so we can plan our routes, and meeting locations.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...090960.html#lastpost

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

We will be crusing threw there but not sure on a time !!

Hardpact, if you end up in St Louis on your way from NY to INDY you are doing it wrong .
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be coming out Wednesday night. Gotta work, but if anyone want to say hi on their way through Kansas city, I will gladly make a little time.

------------------
Honestly, What is a "stock" Fiero?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registration form?????

At the risk of sounding like I'm critical of the effort made to pull this event together.......

You are less than 6 months out for a major national show and there isn't even a registration form available....????
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Registration form?????

At the risk of sounding like I'm critical of the effort made to pull this event together.......

You are less than 6 months out for a major national show and there isn't even a registration form available....????

I have made the concern known Joe and I can assure you that no one has stopped working on this. I hope to have an update on that soon.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just put in vacay and made reservations! Woohoo!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

This is a great point. How is this event not going to just be a "Pennocks only event". If your not on this forum, how are you going to know about the event. Is there an add or flyer in High Performance Pontiac mag? Or in some other media? Other than the folks on this forum, how are other Fiero Owners going to find out about this event?

Rob
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's posted over on at least one other Fiero forum. 99% sure the GA Fiero people know about it... only 50/50 on the Bat City guys (I think I saw members from each group post here...)

So we're trying to spread the word, at least in the Fiero communities!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

This is a great point. How is this event not going to just be a "Pennocks only event". If your not on this forum, how are you going to know about the event. Is there an add or flyer in High Performance Pontiac mag? Or in some other media? Other than the folks on this forum, how are other Fiero Owners going to find out about this event?

Rob

Everyone needs to spread the word. Viral marketing can work great. I know they set up a facebook page for it, make sure you find it and share it on your facebook page. Once the actual registration is available I will probably print some out and keep them with me. If I see a Fiero I will stop and give them a flyer.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 30th Anniversary will be in Hgh Performance Pontiac, Amos Auto Enthusiast, Indianapolis Star News Paper in near future. I have a time table from each of them. It will also be on there face book page.

Ron T
Indy owner #305
Historian

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

[This message has been edited by paced84 (edited 01-04-2013).]

Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

I know it's posted over on at least one other Fiero forum. 99% sure the GA Fiero people know about it... only 50/50 on the Bat City guys (I think I saw members from each group post here...)

So we're trying to spread the word, at least in the Fiero communities!

People from Several communities up here in Ontario and Quebec are planning on coming down as well. Montreal - Toronto and surrounding areas!!

http://www.fieromontreal.co...dex.php?topic=2442.0 Montreal FC (457 members)

http://www.fierodrivers.com...dex.php?topic=4263.0 Ottawa FC (128 members)

http://www.gtfieros.com/php...opic.php?f=11&t=2155 Toronto FC (187 members)

I've seen info posted on other forums around north america as well.

[This message has been edited by Dougie Murder (edited 01-06-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Rob

I would hope that most of the clubs would have links to the show on their event calenders. I know that some of us from the Space Coast will be rolling up.

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have linkded the Pennocks threads to our MHFC thread and posted our thread link here.
We also have a 30th topice on the MHFC fackbook page so we are trying to get the word out.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/...83/?bookmark_t=group
I will also send out email invites to our members for this event.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 01-06-2013).]

salaamq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for salaamqSend a Private Message to salaamqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the prototype 1990 will be there, let me know and I'll do my best to be there...

Do I have to pay to get in on saturday just as a spectator? Me and my del Sol lol

[This message has been edited by salaamq (edited 01-06-2013).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if there were times for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track day on Friday or is that still being worked out?
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 30th show information and links advertised in the New England Fiero Aasociation's eNews that is sent out each month. It's also advertised on the club website. Phil & I are going. Hotel reservations made.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops double post; see below

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 01-09-2013).]

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003
ok, i'm reserved at the host hotel now.

now just need to register for the show online & pay (by paypal) hint hint...
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

ok, i'm reserved at the host hotel now.

now just need to register for the show online & pay (by paypal) hint hint...

It would be so much more efficient if they had online registration with PAYPAL. Please, no USPS. I want digital confirmation i'm registered.
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote for paypal
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock