Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  DC Plasma Build Thread - 9 Second Fiero (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DC Plasma Build Thread - 9 Second Fiero by dcplasma
Started on: 01-15-2012 05:34 PM
Replies: 92 (5463 views)
Last post by: buddycraigg on 03-11-2024 08:07 PM
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how we see the flux capacitor in blue behind ya.
IP: Logged
dcplasma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I like how we see the flux capacitor in blue behind ya.

That was a last minute plasma light added to meet the single rear light NHRA requirement when my light circuit for some reason stopped working and I didn't have time to diagnose what was going on.
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:
If you can hold off until October I'll have my Northstar car there...
I wanted to hold the title for the fastest *documented* Fiero in the world for at least a little while

Couldn't Hold Off. We ran a 134.5mph 1/2 mile and a 155.0mph full mile.
Video Here....

and here

------------------
DC Plasma
900 Battery HP 1.551 6.321 112mph 9.898 134.4mph
Top Speed 155mph in Standing One Mile
http://www.youtube.com/dcplasmaracing/

[This message has been edited by dcplasma (edited 04-21-2012).]

dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update, all three 600Amp contactors bit the dust during a controller fault.
I now have four EV500-4 Kilovac Bubba's 600-1000A rated contactors.

[This message has been edited by dcplasma (edited 04-21-2012).]

dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to show it is not all rosy sometimes. I drove all the way to Tucson from Houston to drive in the Bookmans Spring Thaw NEDRA nationals. And we were losing a motor off an on. This is a window cam where we raced an electric motorcycle. You can hear the motor going in and out.

Here are some misc clips from my youtube channel...

Bstrickler934

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcplasma:

Just to show it is not all rosy sometimes. I drove all the way to Tucson from Houston to drive in the Bookmans Spring Thaw NEDRA nationals. And we were losing a motor off an on. This is a window cam where we raced an electric motorcycle. You can hear the motor going in and out.

Is that clunking sound from the motor? That doesn't sound healthy in the least!

You never did answer how much it ended up running you to build the car. That's something I'm interested in, as well. I'd love to save a junked Fiero just as an EV project once my '84 is done.
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bstrickler934:
Is that clunking sound from the motor? That doesn't sound healthy in the least!
You never did answer how much it ended up running you to build the car. That's something I'm interested in, as well. I'd love to save a junked Fiero just as an EV project once my '84 is done.

I run two motors($2500each) with two controllers($5100each), that is a short to the chassis on one motor at high amperage causing a communication failure and it drop out from couple hundred horsepower to zero and back to couple hundred in very quick fashion.

It's not so much the multiple tens of thousands of dollars as the two years of my life to build it.

If you want a kit and get on the road and save money on gas, you can do that for about $6000.
800 peak HP and 9.898 134mph, is well above that.

------------------
DC Plasma
900 Battery HP 1.551 6.321 112mph 9.898 134.4mph
Top Speed 155mph in Standing One Mile
http://www.youtube.com/dcplasmaracing/

PePe-LePu_For_2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, wanna make people disappear? Just tell them the price tag. And he only included about 2/3 of the total cost. Same thing happens to me when I show my conversion at EV events.
BTW John, thanks for starting out with a Fiero. This community sorely needed the ego boost. I understand that you are currently running a Miata for obvious reasons, its a bit easier to speed up a beer can than it is to speed up a Fiero.
Keep up the good work!

Marty

PS. Say Hi to Brian Hall for me next time you see him.

------------------

"88 GT converted to electric drive"

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pepe, do you have a build thread or something? I'd love to see more of your car.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

PePe-LePu_For_2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't have a build thread but I do have a video. I'll PM you, I don't want to hijack this thread.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Share the link!
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
freakin awesome car & accomplishment, kudos to ya & the innovation!
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops.
Wrong thread.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 03-11-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave