Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  On my way to Whoedeanies with my Blue 87 GT 5spd (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
On my way to Whoedeanies with my Blue 87 GT 5spd by Tweeter
Started on: 11-18-2011 10:34 AM
Replies: 57 (2225 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 10-18-2014 12:47 PM
Tweeter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well thanks to "Rotten" John he has talked me in to swaping a 3800sc in to my Fiero.( it didnt require much talking i might add just dont tell the wife ) I will also be moving to germany due to military and yes I will be having lots of fun on the Autobahn. I've own my Fiero for 11 years it currently has 78k miles

List of things to do (all suggestions are welcome)

3800sc Swap
Tires/Rims
Shocks/Struts
Possible brake upgrade
200 MPH speedo
Drive car for 15 days then ship it to gremany (cry for a few minutes)
Larger life insurance policy (maybe i should move this one to the top right under engine swap)

Things to ponder
280HP or 380+HP?
Replace 5spd with 4T65E HD (for faster speed at lower rpms. about 25% i think)
17" Rims or stock 15"?
Digital Speeedo?
S10 brake booster or better?
Lower 1" or more?

Tweeter aka Jason

PS
If anybody sees a Blue 87 GT on the side of the highway stop and give me a lift. (going from Pensicola FL to Atlanta GA via 65 and 85)

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 02-19-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's right....who's your daddy!?!?!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh, I love your GT. Blue on black 17's would look dirty as hell. I would go for the higher HP build, drop it a inch or 2 on the 17's and do non digital gauges. would also tint the windows 20% all around. Its your car, build it how you want. Either way its gonna kick ass!
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it no real issues. Although the check engine light came on after 80 miles. It was an EGR code so I took a look and kept on driving. I averaged 29 mpg.

Ok daddy when do I get the allowance check?

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 12-03-2011).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
I'm thinking 350+ HP build.
I had my eyes on a black set of rims.
Sadly in Germany you can't have window tint in the form of a film so I have to actual take it off.
Thanks for the inputs

Jason

PS its cold in Georgia
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The things I say on the transmission swap, how much work do you want it to be to drive your car to the fullest extent?

The more power you have the stronger the clutch you need, and the more effort it is to drive, with an auto it stays pretty much the same.

Now on a different note, will it be easier to get a 4t65e HD in germany or a fiero 5 speed? I would think the 4t65, so I would lean that way. I would also consider getting a second set of axles made to take with you, incase you up the power there and break one, which some people will say will never happen, but they might be the hardest thing to get over there.

Just my thoughts,
Chris
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
reserved

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 11-18-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how do you get 350hp from the 3800sc II?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-18-2011).]

eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headers, Cam, Pulley, valve springs, and a good intake does it pretty easy, a bigger throttle body wouldn't hurt anything. And if you go for an intercooler set up you can get more than 350hp without too much work on stock heads.

Chris
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a link to an older post. His dyno results seemed a little low but here is estimated 350+ HP .

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-1-041833.html
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
I just can't win..

BTW I'm posting using my EVO 4G phone.
Sry for the spam post

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 11-18-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So its you who cursed us with the cold weather. Lol. Funny my mother in law just arrived heee in ga today.

,Enjoy germany its very pretty over there. I went there to meet some relatives back when I was in school. Yes check to see what parts will be hardest to get in germany and take some spares.

I vote 17s. Sux on the window tint.

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero Pace Car #770 presently reversibly modified...LOL!

eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that guy should be making over 350 crank hp, and should be pretty quick, and the auto makes it just another car to drive, not to say the clutch on a 5 speed car is that bad when it can handle that power, but it isn't quite the same as driving the auto. I have to say I like my 5 speed 3800 a lot more than I liked the car when it was an auto, but I am bias towards the manual cars, but my other 3800 auto car really wasn't bad at all.

Chris
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in Germany?

my advice from someone who's here with a fiero.

Get it lowered, get bigger brakes.
Can you do work on the car yourself?

Get better brakes. Better than you thought when I said get bigger brakes. when you're going 130, someone WILL pull out in front of you.

I say keep the 5speed. But if you break it, you will have to ship one here. But same goes with the 4t65e most likely. Granted, some military posts have some sort of salvage yard, they don't always have much, let alone a GM car. you should be able to slip a spare trans in your household goods. Just drain it.

There's lots of twisty roads here. Driving is blast. I wish I could find an engine to swap into mine right now.

Keep in mind, you will need winter tires if you drive from Nov til April. it's the law to have at least All season tires. If you're not driving in the winter, it's not an issue. I have mine parked. I got a beater for the winter. It's easier to swap wheels than changing tires on your rims. Keep that in mind when getting big brakes. I have my stock wheels, but they won't fit over the drop spindles I have(I assume) But I'll give it a shot today. You MUST have a parking brake to ship AND register the car.

I'm not going to get too lengthy. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Have fun, I love driving out here. I have a stock motor and I still have a blast.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the replys. Once I get back home withal real computer and keyboard ill post some more. Kissmy I'm sure ill have lots of questions. As for winter tires I was thinking keep factory rims and using them in the winter. But that limits my choices for brake upgrade, and the e-brake requirement as well.

I'll post more battery is almost dead on phone

Jason
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
trying to decide on rims heres some of the styles im looking at

17" Rims

let me know what you think..

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 12-03-2011).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

Where in Germany?

Kaiserslautern
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

Kaiserslautern

Gesundheit!
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Gesundheit!

Tissue Please and Thank you
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trying to decide on rims heres some of the styles im looking at
let me know what you think..

Thanks

Bottom right. Just because I like to see Fieros that are unique from other's. I've seen a lot of vehicles on here with the R1's.

Here's what they look like on a couple cars:

but if you are gonna go with the R1's, definitely top right.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 12-03-2011).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blank

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 12-13-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your inputs..
and the results are..

so i've decided on 245/45ZR17 Continental's ExtremeContact DWS
http://www.tirerack.com/tir...45WR7ECDWS&tab=Specs

ASA AR1 17" 8" 35mm offset
http://www.tirerack.com/whe...&filterFinish=All&fi lterSize=17&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

16" rims

No to small... throw some 18's on it...

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are gonna be "Sexual Chocolate!" ladies and gentlemen....
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update the Rims and tires are here.
Since the car is at Whodeanies i did some photo shoping of my own
I agree there is alot of ASA rims on fieros.

Sport Edition F2 Silver 17" by 7.5" 35mm offset w/ 235/45ZR -17 Continental ExtremeContact DWS

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 12-13-2011).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update on the move.

The family car is currently on the boat headed to germany with an ETA of 8 Feb 2012.
The 17" rims and tires are at Whodeanies and the engine swap is nearly complete.
The Movers arrived today and boxed/wrapped 65% of our stuff.
My dog is mad at me the corner of the room she is looking at is where her kennel goes.
Now she is happy. I moved some boxes

The house looks like USPS durning christmas rush, but they should be done friday afternoon. Then i'll head up to Whodeanies for the overhauling project with John
as you can see above the wifes dog doesnt care where he sleeps as long as he is in the middle of the walk way

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 01-31-2012).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:

Added 1200 miles to the car in the short time i've had it back from Whodeanies. Its running strong and its time to send it to Germany. The family car made it to Northern Water Port in germany and is awaiting transportation to S/W germany.

The Fiero has started its journey to New Orleans where it will also be loaded on a BIG boat bound for germany as well. We got a late start because i broke the slave cylinder.

I was able to fix it up enough to get me home luckly i was only 30 miles in to the trip when i decided my clutch pedal was a little to soft and i snapped off the entire top end of the treaded part of the slave cylinder.

Here is a pic of the new one

Johny and I also went thru all the 194 bulbs and cleaned/replaced the bad ones the other day.

Tweeter
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:
Can you do work on the car yourself?

does this count?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That, Jason, is true ingenuity!!!
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was tough - Duck tape or electrical tape as you can see i went electrical tape.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

does this count?

Yup! The 14mm wrench was used.

PFF
System Bot
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you or are you going to vent the hood?

Just wondering

Edit to fix smiley

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 01-31-2012).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

Did you or are you going to vent the hood?

Its on the list of things to do but its not done yet.
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could drive on the autobahn, that would be sweet!

Let me know how your car does
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

I wish I could drive on the autobahn, that would be sweet!

Let me know how your car does

No 3800 SC (I had to go by the rules) but still: http://www.yellowfiero.com/.../autobahn4/index.php

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

no 3800 SC (I had to go by the rules) but still

Is there a year when they wont require you to keep it stock? like 25 years or 30+?
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
Picture of the fiero getting inspected prior to being accepted for shipment.
Primary shipping company is Transcar.de

BTW Dean the odometer is at 80484 thats about 1200 miles on your motor so far.
Also the guys at the VPC were very impressed by your install.
Here a pic of the good looking install done by Whodeanie for anybody who hasnt seen it.

Estimated shipping time is 50-60 days.

Tweeter

edit
Updated List of things to do/completed (all suggestions are welcome)

Complete - 3800sc Swap
Complete - Tires/Rims 235/45/ZR17
Complete - 200 MPH speedo (GPS)
Complete - Drive car for 15 days then ship it to gremany (cry for a few minutes)
Complete - 300+HP
Complete - 17" Rims
Complete - S10 brake booster

Pending - Larger life insurance policy (maybe i should move this one to the top right under engine swap)
Pending - Install rear view mirror (auto dim/direction)
Pending - Install home link garage door control
Pending - New Shocks/Struts
Pending - Lower 1"
Pending - Mr Mikes Leather seats
Pending - Decklid Struts
Pending - Hood vent

Not going to happen - Digital Speeedo?

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 02-01-2012).]

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellowstone,
Thank you that was awesome, nice web site too

I see your hood has a vent - Tweeter get that hood vented (hehe)

I'm so jealous
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pappy

842 posts
Member since Apr 2010
Tweeter that looks freakin outstanding!

What size pulley is that?

Incredibly jealous now
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a year when they wont require you to keep it stock? like 25 years or 30+?

You can only get antique license plates if the car hasn't been modified. Actually, you CAN get anything legalized but it may cost you in terms of testing and approval.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock