Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Have You Seen A Fiero Today? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have You Seen A Fiero Today? by fierofool
Started on: 08-26-2011 02:28 PM
Replies: 835 (31862 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 03-28-2024 10:05 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was searching for a thread to post a Fiero sighting in and there seems to be a different thread for each Fiero someone has seen. One thread had 10 pages of single car sightings. I'd like to bring these together, so I'm going to start a thread titled: Have You Seen A Fiero Today? where all on the road sightings can be posted. This isn't for movie and tv sightings but for those Fieros that are encountered in public areas like parking lots, driveways, highways and byways.

So here goes:
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Near Atlanta---Today at 10AM, I-85 South merging onto I-285 toward Augusta/Macon. A silver notchback, no rack or spoiler, with dual exhaust and custom tips. Looked like it could have had a V8 by the looks of the exhaust tips.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw two on Wednesday! A white 84-86 2M4 on 12300 S. near 900 E. in Draper Utah around 9am (owner was a road construction worker directing traffic) and then a black 85 GT heading to the on ramp of I-15 South off of 12300 S. in Draper Utah that afternoon around 4:30pm.

TWO fieros in ONE day! I usually am lucky to see one every few months out here!
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just the three in my garage. I see them every day..
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I just seen a silver 88 coupe in the northville u-pick-it yard in Houston

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 08-26-2011).]

shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i saw two in my driveway
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a silver bumperpad coupe in Traverse City today
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See 6 every time I walk out the front door......

I did see one in town last week that looked to be an 88 GT T-Top....I wish I would have been by myself I would have followed the guy but had the family with me and they think it is creepy.....

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 08-26-2011).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah man I saw my wife drive away in our 86 Gt and I saw a decent black coupe for sale on craigslist today for $1500.00 Other than that I NEVER see fiero's around here. Peace

Pete
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see a handful every week on the road in good weather. Most are not pretty but I do see them regularly. Note none are counting mine.

What is amazing is I even see a lot of yellow Formulas some with T tops and even some Blue Fiero's not often seen. There are a few of the Holland Pontiac Convertible conversion still floating around too. We had a lot of them sold in this area and there are still many on the roads. Whole a early MR2 is a very rare sight I see 50 to 1 compared to the early MR2. Most of the Toyotas went the way of the X1/8 Fiats, they have returned to the earth as rust.
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No I miss my fiero. I need it back from getting the engine swap done
PFF
System Bot
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i saw a red gt parked in my garage and a silver gt parked in a driveway along route 100 in pa and a blue fiero in a shop with the decklid up also along route 100 in pa.

------------------

ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a GT today in Greensboro, NC

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted 3 today in Pocatello Idaho! 2 - 1 green, 1 red at the Midas Muffler shop on 4th and another red one on Chubbuck road! All three appeared to be "parked" for awhile!
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oddly enough, no.

I usually see one or two, if I take my Fiero out for a drive, or take it to work.

Took the Blazer to work today,
never saw a single one.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It amazes me how many Fiero sightings there are! I drive around 400~500 miles a week all over south Florida. I have only seen one in South Florida in the past 2 years on the road!

The one I saw:

An older gentleman driving a red Notchie around 6th Ave S. and Military Trail in Lakw Worth, Florida.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've spotted a few around the Atlanta area that no one knows who they are and there have been some spotted in tow yards, body shops and the likes that obviously aren't driven. As a result of some of those postings on the Georgia Fiero site, the cars were purchased by forum members and brought back to life.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

It amazes me how many Fiero sightings there are! I drive around 400~500 miles a week all over south Florida. I have only seen one in South Florida in the past 2 years on the road!

The one I saw:

An older gentleman driving a red Notchie around 6th Ave S. and Military Trail in Lakw Worth, Florida.

Fiero's are only rare depending on where you live!

Here in the IL. OH. IN MI and Western PA area more were sold here than any where else. This is why most of the largest Fiero shows have always been in these ares for the last 25 years. It is where most of the cars were. Now that there are less on the roads we too have less but now we are down to the number other area were to start with so we still see them often.

I may also warn that here in the midwest there are still many low mileage and clean cars in the garage that only come out in the summer or weekends. They are hard to count as they are not seen as often but are still there.

The bottom line is just because you don't see them does not mean they are rare.

Ohio is a cool car state too as we have the second highest amount of street rods registered only one with more is California. Here in Akron you would think we would have not much on the roads here but I see it all. Just monday I had a GNX Grand National pull up the light next to me. Also just last winter I started to see Bentlys in bad snow storms. As for the rest I can see the regular Ferrari, Lambo or even a Vector or two. We are lucky in this area to have many gear heads.

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually see plenty of them around Sarasota. I know of a guy that has 2 that works at a place on my way home, almost every day he has one of them there. Then theres the guy on Longboat Key that has like 6 of em. Other than that I can say that I have probably seen at least a dozen different ones around town in the last year plus a few in the junkyards.

What made me happy was the other day one came into work. I am the Service Manager at Sears Auto Center in Sarasota and one came in the other day for a battery. Older guy, had a Michigan Fiero Club front vanity plate but he said he hasnt been active in years. Never heard of PFF but doesnt get on the internet much. Mine was in the parkin g lot and he was really excited to see such a custom Fiero, never even heard of the 3800 swap before.

His was in really good condition, it was all original and the paint was still really nice, interior was perfect and it was clean all around. He had a Diehard battery in it that was put in 10 YEARS ago, that was really impressive in FL we're lucky to get 3 years out of any battery.

-Joe
HarryT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryTSend a Private Message to HarryTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a red one today on one of our sightseeing trips in Upper Michigan on Hwy. 65 near Hale. It was in a front yard and I think it was for sale but we passed it pretty quick so it may have been just parked.
Harry
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a (faded) red 2M4 in a shop behind Old Town Spring, here in Spring a few days ago.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, saw a white 87/88 coupe on Hwy 124 in the Hamilton Mill, Buford, Ga. area.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen one twice recently. Last Friday and Monday. Both times about 2:45 am north bound on Texas 121 between McKinney and Bonham. Don't know the color....It's quite dark that time of day!!!!

What's the chances of 2 notchback Fieros passing by each other in rural Texas at that time of day.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 09-20-2011).]

rjohnston79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjohnston79Send a Private Message to rjohnston79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a white '85 GT in the wreckers today - I was harvesting a thermostat housing cap from it.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:

I've seen one twice recently. Last Friday and Monday. Both times about 2:45 am north bound on Texas 121 between McKinney and Bonham. Don't know the color....It's quite dark that time of day!!!!

What's the chances of 2 notchback Fieros passing by each other in rural Texas at that time of day.

Next time, be prepared. Chase him down and invite him to your club or PFF.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The one I saw:

Lake Worth is not South Fl, Miami is.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Next time, be prepared. Chase him down and invite him to your club or PFF.

He He I'm not chasing anybody down at 2:45AM. Not in Texas... I might be late for work. LOL

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 09-20-2011).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have You Seen A Fiero Today?

Sure have, it's in my garage.
SNAPPY829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a red gt fastback, nice wheels, (obviously in great shape) with a bail of hay strapped to the decklid! heading north on sheridan rd in zion IL towards Wisconsin the other day. Gave me a chuckle!!
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a white Formula with Ohio plates on the Eastside of Indy this evening. I see the two in my garage every day.

Gary
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of us are lucky enough to get to see our own Fiero(s) every day, but I'm talking about the ones that

ain't yourn.
PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last week as I was heading home from work in downtown Tulsa I came up behind a red notchback on I-244. I haven't learned yet how to decipher what year a Fiero is at a glance, but this one had dual exhaust and a small receiver hitch. It also looked like it was pretty well "broken in."

In the summer of 2010 I used to regularly see a white bumper pad model heading north as I was heading south in the morning. It's the car that inspired me to find a Fiero for my Quad 4, but I haven't seen it in more than a year.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went over to the shop and looked at mine. New axles in, old battery box cut out and new battery box ready to go in. They are still trouble shooting code 32 error. EGR works, but no signal from the thottle body getting to the EGR selinoid.
neph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nephSend a Private Message to nephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah...mine, sitting quietly out back. Poor girl waiting for me to have time to fix her Gremlins
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other then my own, I see one on the road roughly once every two years.

syc22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for syc22Send a Private Message to syc22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I parked my '85 coupe next to a blue 2M6 on the Purdue North Central Campus this morning. It's been in the parking lot every Tuesday and Thursday. I saw a red GT with black stripes driving around Michigan City, IN. It was in really great shape, although the driver was going a bit too fast for my taste (at least 70 in a 55.)
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't think I've seen another Fiero in about two years. I'm sure the Canadian winters have taken their toll on most of them.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sitting her yesterday afternoon and a white 86 bumperpad coupe pulls into my driveway and a young man gets out. Went out to meet him and he lives not far away. Ended up rebuilding a headlight motor for him.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've driven over 3,000 miles in the last couple weeks... seen 3.

Red notchie in Clarksville yesterday
Red 86se in Knoxville last week (posted in GFC somewhere)
yellow and black notchie this afternoon rolling westbound on I40 around the 217 marker.
FireGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FireGirlSend a Private Message to FireGirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking for this thread when I saw these cars!

In Sandpoint somewhere...

And at my college
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock