Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Jersey Shore Wide Body.....no not Snookie (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Jersey Shore Wide Body.....no not Snookie by ace5514
Started on: 07-27-2011 12:59 AM
Replies: 129 (8294 views)
Last post by: ace5514 on 10-14-2021 11:13 PM
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i figured I would post some pices of my car as it sits this far. I had saved countless pics of the progress but thanks to a virus all the older pics were lost.
My fiero is an 87 gt 5 speed whch had 60,000 miles on it. iI hope to have it ready for paint in the next two or three weeks. i have a Mad Arch wide body with a 355 nose from Amida (Rob) aka Fierovation, rear spoiler i made after i saw Whodeanie's (thanks Dean) and a headlight mod i made after seeing who i believe was fiero king's mod and a few others here. The tail light mod is i a Kahines taillight panel that i cut up and modified with euro c-5 tail lights. I still have some work to do but it is mostly just tweeking and block sanding.
here are some pics ...

all stock

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 07-27-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good choice on the modifications you have done to the wide body
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen this car in person and I can't wait to see it when its done. Coming along nicely Al
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the tasteful mods chosen not sure about those rear lights but over all an amazing transformation.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks promising

but, anyways - mostly just looked to say:
great topic title
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys,
Tom (nitroheadz) how is yours coming? we have to hook up after they are done!
Pyrthian..i just wanted the title to be clear, lol
hopefully i can recover some of the old pics, i might have some on dvd but the virus wiped out alot of my files.
al
black thunder, i wanted a taillight panel to be different than the usual ones...it pained me to cut up the kahines panel (especially after what it cost, but it was a good starting point. hopefully it will look better when it's painted (if i can decide on a color for the car).
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm almost ready to go, I should be pulling my engine next week . Definitely have to do a meet/ cruise or something when they're ready to roll.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i read other posts where guys talk about hiding the antenna or relocating it and buy small ones that aren't very good. i also read about putting it under the fender so this idea is not mine ( it appears skitime was the first to do it) but i took my stock antenna and arched it over the wheel well liner and under the right fender. i made two brackets for the base and the tip (i used a grommet at the tip to keep it from ratteling. i have tried the am fm and the reception seems fine, even in my garage which is cement block and half in the ground.

hidden antenna

base bracket

tip bracket

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 07-29-2011).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok you won best antenna mod.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

ok you won best antenna mod.

Actually you better give Skitime credit. He was the first to do it years ago.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ausfiero, i editted the post to give skitime the credit. i couldn't remember who but i did remember reading about it. thanks for the assist. i have learned so much from everyone here that they all start to blurr together. i like the mod and after trying it realized there is really no need to buy a different antenna in order to hide it. the piece of metal and gromet didn't cost more thanten of fifteen dollars (us) so all in all i think it is a great low cost mod that should work in stock and wide body cars and really cleans up the look of the exterior.
al
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha, I've been meaning to do the same with my antenna. I'm wondering if its possibly to mount the base higher up so its not so bent over the wheel well liner? I know it makes zero difference in reception, but I'm just anal like that haha. Looking forward to more updates!
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if i rememeber correctly ski used 2 antennas..one under each side..and i too did the two antennas..helps with better reception..
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
i did it like that so the middle of the antenna is supported by the wheel housing (it is flexed over the plastic housing putting some pressure on it. then put some foam tape (about 3 or 4 inches long) between the housing and the antenna. i have 1 inch wide by 1/2 inch thick insulating double sided tape i got from home depot. when you hit bumps the antenna won't rattle around under the fender which can be annoying. i think there was enough room to move the base up if you really wanted it that way. you would just have to rotate the base to put the cable pointing down where mine is near the top.
i also plan on trying to make mounts for my sirius and gps antennas which i want to put under the other fender. i bought a touch screen kenwood that has those options.
al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 07-29-2011).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ace,

Looking good,,,,what's next ??

Have you decided on wheels ?
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
i got the wheels, i'll post pics this weekend. i had to go with a cheeper version due to cash flow but they look nice for now. also when i finish the body i want to have a 3800 sc put in.
thanks
al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 07-30-2011).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see some progress...way to go. New wheels will make a huge difference.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

if i rememeber correctly ski used 2 antennas..one under each side..and i too did the two antennas..helps with better reception..

Yes he did use 2. Was debatable if it helped with reception but it was a just in case mod. Expected Skitime overkill. He didn't do things by halves.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info Al, when do you think you'll be moving into paint? I can't wait to see it finished
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom (nitro)
i hope to be ready for paint in a couple of weeks but i don't know how long before he painter will get to it ( he does alot of work as he is one of the best in the area). i also want to post some pics of the rims seats and tires. i also have the new headliner material and enough to recover the visors (grey synthetic suede) and new carpets and floor mats in a dark grey (charcoal i think) i have a lot of work to do but most of it is detail work. i just have to keep pushing.
Rob (amida)
i love the nose(355) but i also love the new one you just made...who knows if i do another car i miight have to get one of them.
tony (exoticse)
here are some shots of the rims.
al

rims 18x8 in ffront and 19x9.5 in the rear

tires are 225 40 18 front and 265 30 19 rear

seats, yes they are trans am with new leather on them . . . i would like to keep the power driver seat.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nice wheels !

Can't wait to see them on the car.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work and tastefully done. There are a lot of automotive goings on in the Garden State , a fair amount of talent but many Fiero owners seem to keep to themselves. It is hoped that one day later this year we can organize a small Fiero Show and get together. I'll spread the word with the people that I know and see if we can't get something going.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis,
if my car is done (at least the body and paint) i'm in....guess this means i better move my a_ _!!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great so far. Im not fan of chrome wheels myself. I think it would look better with some with some color or just alloy wheels. All my car now have silver painted wheels...lots less upkeep for driving them all the time. My Ferrari kit had just turned aluminum.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chrome would look good with black paint.
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update...
the body work is almost done, but i am making a cowl style hood scoop / vent. after it is done i will decide if i will put it on. i'll post pics before i make that decision. as for color choice i think i am down to three...lexus metalic red (matador red mica) toyota metalic blue (or a darker blue like on the chevy tahoe) and maybe some type of BLACK as amida (rob) said will make the rims pop!
btw thanks for the bump.
al
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

How are the side mouldings hidden, does the fender install after the nose is installed overlapping the side flanges?
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob (amida) that is correct, the bumper must be put on first but that isn't a problem because your design (although instructions are to put it on differently) is very good and the bumper fits great if bolted together and then mounted or if you mounts the lower portion first. it may be similar to how i think you install your new nose design. except for drilling a couple holes in the area where the moulding would go, it is almost as if you and archie each designed your parts to work together.
if you look at the back or frame side mad arch front fender, near the fender / bumper area, you see two studs sticking out. archie glassed in a flat bracket with the studs so we can mount the fender with out the moulding. rather a clever design by both of you even if you did not plan it that way.
back of fender

close up

btw..i must say i do like the new bumper you designed and i think that would look sweet with a mad arch wide body.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 08-22-2011).]

Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You take those tail lights off immediately! I wanted to be the first to do those corvette tail lights! I bought the fiberglass rear end and the lights and everything, you can't beat me to the punch Good looking project though!

Chris
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Chris,
but if you need any help just ask. one pointer though...because i used only one turn signal socket per side and the fiero has two per side, the lights will not blink. to solve this i went to my local NAPA and bought a flasher for a 1988 s-10 blazer. i bought the electronic one for $10.00 because it flashes a little faster than the oem relay type. it also sounds better too. plus you can just tape off the second turnsignal socket and tuck it away. also if you did not buy the expensive c-5 socket kit for the euro lights,just buy a used tail light harness for the c-5. or just buy the the brake sockets for a c-5 since the back up and turn signal sockets will fit the new euro light holes. they just wont lock in. i don't know which sockets those holes use. if you find out let me know.
good luck,
al
PFF
System Bot
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

Sorry Chris,
but if you need any help just ask. one pointer though...because i used only one turn signal socket per side and the fiero has two per side, the lights will not blink. to solve this i went to my local NAPA and bought a flasher for a 1988 s-10 blazer. i bought the electronic one for $10.00 because it flashes a little faster than the oem relay type. it also sounds better too. plus you can just tape off the second turnsignal socket and tuck it away. also if you did not buy the expensive c-5 socket kit for the euro lights,just buy a used tail light harness for the c-5. or just buy the the brake sockets for a c-5 since the back up and turn signal sockets will fit the new euro light holes. they just wont lock in. i don't know which sockets those holes use. if you find out let me know.
good luck,
al

No, I just bought a set off of ebay from an American Corvette. They are all red, I'm going to use some Firebird reverse lights, the round ones that go in the bumper for reverse and rewire the back to blink for a blinker and bright for brake, override for blinker.

Chris

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More updates please! Eagerly waiting to see how this will turn out

Edit to say- I hope your garage holds out with the coming storm, stay safe AL.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 08-27-2011).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump to stay out of the archives. no real work done lately, getting ready to go to delmarva bike week. when i get back i should get some time to work on it....
al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 11-03-2011).]

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats new?
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keeping out of the archives bump!

not much to report...been slacking.
still working on a hood scoop and just bought this.

don't know if this was someone here and really don't need it yet but the price was fair for a 2.5 inch exhaust with cat converter.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 11-25-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the one that was floating around on ebay for the last few weeks? Looks familiar I was eying it.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea, same one...2.5 inch stainless steel and should be ok (not the best but ok) for the 3800 swap when i get it done.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 11-25-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice it seemed like a good buy, I'm going 3800 as well.. Piecing together a new turbo setup and selling what I was gonna use on the ecotec, wanna swap one in my car too while your at it? haha

I should just rent a garage over winter break and bang it out then, I trust the 2.8 less and less. Hopefully you'll have time to get some more work done on this bad boy.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 11-25-2011).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got side tracked with the front hood scoop / vent but started to modify the front bumper to eliminate the side moulding arrows. that's really all that is left to do. the rest is just tweeking and cleaning up some of the details. i plan to finish the mods to amida's front bumper and then finish the hood scoop. when it is presentable i wil post pics and see what other members think of the scoop before i bond it on or throw it out...lol
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock