Started on: 05-08-2011 12:57 PM
Replies: 90 (4553 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 06-20-2022 03:14 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without further adieu...

The RottinMera after a good washing

I finally got a chance to give her a quick bath. It is amazing what just a little attention will do for a car. Over all I am content with my purchase. There will be a few things to sort out such as the typical glue release on the console. I also would like to add a trunk release. Here is how my morning assault panned out:

Prewash she looks pretty good

Two bar grill - pure MERA

Love the rear end...

Correct MERA 1 lenses

If you look closely you can see where the "MERA" letters were

Dirty headlight covers and a few chips but nothing major

Correct mirrors, both power and both fully functional

Seats were covered very early in their life so they are fantastic

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty

No cracks anywhere

Lots of surface grime...magic eraser will take care of that!

Correct rear grill and they are sharp! I'll get some more detailed shots of the edges...

Dirty on this side as well

Beechwood glovebox....Bonus!!!

Not as dirty but I will clean it none-the-less

Unused spare and jack...still hase the pliable rubber band on it

Yuch! Purple Power and a toothbrush to the rescue!!!

Yep...MERA 8088 alright

Lots of original stuff saved by the PO came with it

All opened up ready for the assault to commence

And after the bath, some Purple Power, a vacuuming, and some interior cleaning this is how she turned out:

Can anyone run a CARFAX for me?

Build date or AC service date??? Cold AC!

Now that's a clean engine bay!

Clean interior...needs mats, some glueing, and a new aux gauge case

Good tread in front...

...and in rear

The RottinIndy, RottinMera, and Rottin4.9GT (RottinOEM88GT not in pic...its behind me)

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-09-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and congrats
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed. Definitely very nice.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A man with attention to detail. I knew there was something that I liked about you.

Tony
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Hope you enjoyed the shots. That was less than 2 hours of a clean up. The car is really in great condition! The PO was really particular about the maintenance and it runs smooth as butter. I have found some tiny stuff but nothing major. I can't wait to clean the paint and wax it!
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice collection!
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki...you better get your old Axel F tape out and order some parachute pants!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice and shinny

could you get a close up of the ends of the alum. engine grill. they look like they may be kinda sharp. maybe?
thanks.....this is a point of interest with the Me and the other Mera guys....most i have seen are rounded.

real nice score with #8088. the fun times are ahead!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-08-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Mera Jonh! Amazing what a little bit of elbow grease can accomplish.

Pat
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Hulki...you better get your old Axel F tape out and order some parachute pants!

Spoiled rotten johnyrottin....the car is beautiful and I like it. And I don't even like Meras!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys...

Pat - Coming from you that is an amazing compliment

Bato - I'll get some close-ups when I get home....in DC for the week again.

Hulki - nice videos! I'll throw one back at you. How do you post the screens and not just a link?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-11-2012).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[youtube] linky goes here [/youtube]

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 05-09-2011).]

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great John....
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Friz...I will have to swing through Texas with her and come see you guys again!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very nice !

Johnny you are building quite the collection ! Madcurl lookout hehehe.

BTW i like the yellow GT too ! Is that Tom Corey's old car ?

I think the mera might look even better if you lower it a bit ?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I think the mera might look even better if you lower it a bit ?

Yes, please. Keep the original stuff, but get that thing down a little. I love the MERA, but the 4x4 look of them always kills the looks.

Great purchase.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is Tom Corey's old GT. He did a fantastic job on it! One of the best I have driven. I have a buyer awaiting it when I get my choptop.

Never thought about lowering the MERA. Cutting a set of springs what you were thinking?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-11-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It cleaned up nice! What size are the tires? They look a little small. The correct sizes are 265/50/15 on the rear, and 245/50/15 on the front. I am running 215/60/15 on the front so it will steer easier, and keep the correct diameter.

To lower it go with Rodneys 1 in. lowering ball joint on the front, and either coil overs, or remove 1 coil (no more) from the rear spring. The car will look much better, and ride just fine.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-09-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure on the tire size...have to check when I get back home.
PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
8088, nice! Not only is it an excellent Mera, it's got an excellent serial worth good nerd points!
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet collection.

Family for sale: Need to acquire awesome collection like this.

[This message has been edited by Xyster (edited 05-10-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys...funny thing is happening at the Rottin house and I have a feeling I will be loosing the RottinMera to the wife! I think I will be needing to find another one. So, if anyone knows where a red one is with beechwood, T-Tops, and a 5 speed please get in touch with me! On second thought, any color will do as I can have paint done to make it red. I would prefer red just to keep it stock.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-11-2012).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! it is funny how that happens.
that is a very nice looking car.
D.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys...funny thing is happening at the Rottin house and I have a feeling I will be loosing the RottinMera to the wife! I think I wil lbe needing to find another one. So, if anyone knows where a red one is with beechwood, T-Tops, and a 5 speed please get in touch with me! On second thought, any color will do as I can have paint done to make it red. I would prefer red just to keep it stock.

if you are serious i know where you can get a 1987 Mera....you already have a '88.

this 87 is mera #7029 in SanDiego, CA....nice shape. $9995 i think last i talked to the guy. i will find the link....
http://www.autotrader.com/f...jsp?car_id=280915723

hope you like yellow!!

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-10-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am always willing to look! I think I would like it to be an 88 but I am also open to all ideas. I saw a black one for sale in Escondido with a non-stock spoiler and aftermarket rims.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heres another one.....whoops you like the 1988's?? ok i will check.
http://www.collectorcarads.com/Pontiac-Mera/29869
i know of one in Hawaii but its an auto
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suggest using Rodney's one inch lowering ball joints on the front and adjustable coilovers on the rear. That is what I used on one of my 88s and like the result.

Nelson

Yes, that is Tom Corey's old GT. he did a fantastic job on it! One of the best I have driven. I have a buyer awaiting it when I get my choptop.

Never thought about lowering the MERA. Cutting a set of springs what you were thinking?

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5728 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The price is now $9700 per a recent e-mail from the seller. I just looked at engine compartment photos and see a lot of rust. This vehicle should be thoroughly checked for rust problems prior to any purchase.

Nelson

Originally posted by batousai666:

if you are serious i know where you can get a 1987 Mera....you already have a '88.

this 87 is mera #7029 in SanDiego, CA....nice shape. $9995 i think last i talked to the guy. i will find the link....
http://www.autotrader.com/f...jsp?car_id=280915723

hope you like yellow!!

Daniel

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that one clean fiero, oops i mean mera!
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car!! Beautiful house and driveway!!

What happened to your BMW E46 convertible? The back appears to be damaged.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is and thanks for noticing!!! Wife was stopped in the turn lane near Lowes and WalMart in Gulf Breeze and a lady ran right into the back of her. Just happened on Friday last week so still working the claim. It is at the body shop...$7,577.42 worth of damage!
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes it is and thanks for noticing!!! Wife was stopped in the turn lane near Lowes and WalMart in Gulf Breeze and a lady ran right into the back of her. Just happened on Friday last week so still working the claim. It is at the body shop...$7,577.42 worth of damage!

Damn that sucks. And the quote doesn't surprise me, to fix things right it costs a lot of money.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen some really bad driving in the Gulf Breeze area, just be careful with that great looking Mera.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drive it....your supposed to drive them?
Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So sorry to hear that brother. I am scared half to death of that as mine is insured as an 88 Fiero. They would give me $1500 to $4000 tops. Of course there would be a lawsuit following...Good luck with yourcar man.

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drive it....your supposed to drive them?

You could drive it on a northwest Florida cruise before it really gets hot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL...you guys...of course I will be driving mine...when I am not driving the Rottin4.9...it is my favorite right now.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a Mera that looks this NEW deserves a page two!!!!

try Collector Insurance. some of the other Mera Guys have some special insur. and they are getting pretty good coin back should a misfortune arise.....its a thought.

Daniel-
Mera X
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay