Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 9)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027767 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kathryn:

any more ideas on how i should do stripes/ pegusas?
-kathryn

Kathryn,
Have you ever seen ghost flames? I mention that only for reference purposes. Consider putting your Pegusas on as a Ghost Pegusas. Subtle but there.
If that's not to your liking, no harm, no foul.

------------------
Ron

IP: Logged
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Kathryn,
Have you ever seen ghost flames? I mention that only for reference purposes. Consider putting your Pegusas on as a Ghost Pegusas. Subtle but there.
If that's not to your liking, no harm, no foul.

That right there is a capital idea!!

Rich
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

That right there is a capital idea!!

Rich

Thanks, I considered doing it on one of my Fieros but, don't know any painters good enough to do it. Most likely couldn't afford it if I did know one but, I think it would look really cool.

Bump back to the top.

------------------
Ron

kathryn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what in the world are ghost flames!!!!?
you have me totally lost now.
okay today since i'm back at home i'm....sa..sa..sanding.
i hate sanding, but since i have no choice in the matter because it needs done i will be finishing my front fenders.
so that's what's up with me
by the way what ARE ghost flames?
-kathryn
jstntlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
better example of "true" ghost flames

its flames that are not fully filled, just the "outline" is a lighter/darker shade of the color of the paint, there for they look likes "ghostly" or "in" the paint, rather then just painted ontop.

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 08-05-2011).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008
ooohhh, i really like these..
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh. okay then how would i do that with a pegasus?
i have only a bit of hand sanding before i finish my fenders soo...i'm close
i kinda like the way the flames look.....hmmm
got some choices to make don't i now.
-kathryn
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh. okay then how would i do that with a pegasus?
i have only a bit of hand sanding before i finish my fenders soo...i'm close
i kinda like the way the flames look.....hmmm
got some choices to make don't i now.
-kathryn

same way as the flames, just lay the logo down and paint it rather then the flame shapes, so it would be "ghosted" into the paint.

few ideas/example (first is my fav even know its not a full ghost imprint)
Click to show

from what ive read its somewhat easy to do for a good painter, they paint the car 1 base color, then they clear, just like a normalpaint job, then they add another layer of clear with the design or whatever, so its transparent but in the paint itself, i could be wrong on the method, but ive seen cars with a heavy pearl in the paint to do a disapearing effect on a desgn, one angle it looks like normal paint, then the sun hits it, and you see the design, (yes i know pearl and ghost painted is different before someone chimes in that im wrong)

get you dad to take you to some hotrod autoshows, you will see some really neat paint jobs...

well, im going to go back to pulling my engine out, feel free to bring me some water :P
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have fun with your engine
thank you all for pictures
i'll have to look into some of that stuff
-kathryn
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

have fun with your engine
-kathryn

my engines angry...
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

dont let things like this make you want to stop, let them be a notice that you need to build it stronger

time to order some expensive parts now :/
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, I'm sending your Dad a picture of a yellow Fiero with a ghost pegasus. If I send it through email, you can see it full sized. Posting here of course, it has to be reduced.

The car belonged to a former Georgia Fiero Club member. Johnnyrottin has the car now, so he might be able to provide other photos.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

my engines angry...

I would be too...

daveyhouse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daveyhouseSend a Private Message to daveyhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look for edhubbs on youtube for painting ghostflames. He makes it look so easy, but I know I would find a way to botch it up.

I have read this every page of this topic, and all I can say WOW.
Awesome job so far Kathryn, and Dad too awesome job on your behalf.
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awsome work and excellent attention to detail. I just found this forum and read the entire thing. Great work and keep it up. Even if you don't realize it, you have done a tremendous amount of work and progress towards your dream. I can't wait to see the finished project.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooooh uh bad luck on your engine!
and thank you to those of you who just found the thread and to all of you who have followed and been following me.
and just to let you all know it might be a while before you see the finished project i still have three years after all
thank you all again for your support
and i've practically finished my fenders
-kathryn
oh yeah i'm looking forward to seeing the ghost pegasus on the yellow car
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i've seen the ghost pegasus on the yellow car and i really liked it but i have no idea how i'd do it with a black and yellow car any ideas?
thanks again to all of you out there that have made this a truly remarkable experience
and just to let you all know....i hated sanding but HAND sanding is ten times worse
help me now...lol
-kathryn
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey kathryn, when my engines back in and running, ima start sanding for a paintjob, i hear you like sanding alot, so if you want, ill mail you the panels so you can do them

i kid i kid... but i havent seen the ghost peg so i cant give any ideas on it, sorry.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the yellow one with the pegasus. Hope it's big enough to see.

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kathryn, i have an idea for your logo to go on the car with the stripe (if your painting the stripe on), lay the logo down in a semi heavy pearl in the clear coat, i looked but i cant seem to find any pictures to show what im talking about, maybe your dad can explain it to you, or show you...

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I really like that but, (and this is just personal taste) I'd probably make the Pegasus smaller on the hood. I'd keep it on the center panel and not cross over onto the other outside panels. Just my taste, nothing wrong with what's shown. Thanks for posting that pic.

------------------
Ron

PFF
System Bot
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm wondering how he has Mustang Cobra R wheels on that Fiero?

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

I'm wondering how he has Mustang Cobra R wheels on that Fiero?

Those are Konig's
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those are Konig's

Ah, so they are 5x100's?
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm still sanding
and no i do not want to sand your panels no no no!
any way i really like the pegasus so
don't know what i'm going to choose though
i'm still open for ideas
thank you all for following my progress and i'm really enjoying having this thread!!!
-kathryn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me, basically when people say ghost flames, or in this case a ghost pegasus they mean painted on so you can barely see it. The coolest way is with metallic flake to you see it when the light hits it. Also could be done by choosing a color for teh pegasus that is very very close to the body color on the car, or just tinting the same color you paint the car with with a little white or black for example to make ti just a bit different than the cars other paint. Basically you'd be going for subtle and not in your face huge and stnading out like a sore thumb, which some feel can take away from the beauty of the car to begin with.

This person ghosted racing stripes slightly darker than their paint, then ghosted flames in the stripes slightly darker than that:

http://www.allfordmustangs....pes-130-3079_img.jpg
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So much awesome progress on this project! Kudos to both Kathryn and dad. This is inspiring me to get on my dad and I's project with my little yellow Fiero. Keep up the good work!

------------------

I'm a poor college student because I modify my cars!

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case if you guys didn't know, there is a guy in Sanford, MI that owns around 35+ Fiero's... just take M-20 towards Midland, take M-30 to Saginaw Rd, and take a left at the Food Store, and go down a few miles... you can't miss them... the shops name is Fieros Forever... He has a lot of interesting things... including a rare top end of an engine that had only 12 ever produced... a rare dual-over head cammed 4 cylinder... that originally sold for $10,000 back in the 80's. As far as can be known, I don't think any of them ever exist anymore...

Remember, Sanford is only 20 or so miles from Mt Pleasant.

The guys name is Time Evans, but he doesn't have a fiero forum account.

He also has tons of parts.
Steven_Kreg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The heck with this ghost stuff... go bold!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a bump to get this thread back on page one.

Jerry, check your PMs/email. Sent you some pictures.

Looking for updates Katheryn.

------------------
Ron

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay updates right
i have now started sanding my front nose soo....that's what i'm finishing this afternoon
i'll get some pics up tomorrow i hope or if not on wednesday
i really like the ghost pegasus
and i think that might be what i'm leaning towards
so yeah i'll either do a ghost peg or a bold one
probably
thank you all and i just wanted to warn you all once i start school and get farther into my soccer season it will be a while before i have anything major to update....
i really am grateful to have all of you to get ideas from while on this project
thanks everybody
i'll be doing pics soon
-kathryn
PFF
System Bot
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took a couple of days off to take the family to Cedar Point and visit Grandparents. Kathryn has progressed nicely on the sanding and she has some pics to upload. She also has new speakers for front and back so once we decide on a head unit the interior will be complete and ready to go back together. Getting ready to drop the cradle and start on the suspension.....Kathryn is excited to get back to mechanicals and away from sanding body panels....lol! But you guys alread knew that already.

-MH aka Dad
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, glad to see you back on and still working on your Fiero. Hope that you are done soon with the sanding then you can move on to something else you will like better.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michhiker28:

Took a couple of days off to take the family to Cedar Point and visit Grandparents. Kathryn has progressed nicely on the sanding and she has some pics to upload. She also has new speakers for front and back so once we decide on a head unit the interior will be complete and ready to go back together. Getting ready to drop the cradle and start on the suspension.....Kathryn is excited to get back to mechanicals and away from sanding body panels....lol! But you guys alread knew that already.

-MH aka Dad

Check your PMs please. Just looking for an answer to that issue we've discussed. Your option.

------------------
Ron

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm soo sorry about those pics tomorrow it will be done i hope!!!
yes i'm close to finishing sanding....i'll just need to hand sand the rough places that aren't quite done once i finish the back and front!
my favorite thing to do so far has been interior you get stuff done over night!
-kathryn
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally finished reading all of these posts. I like most of the people here are really impressed with your attention to detail and your work ethic on your car. Especially since you have so much other stuff going on. At the rate your going you are going to finish this car way before you are able to drive it. If you want to practice on one of my cars I can send it up there and let you work on it instead!!! lol
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so long as you don't make me sand i'd be happy to!
-kathryn
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My orange one just needs interior. It has a dash and door panels. That's it for the interior. lol
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey...that is my car!!!!! And yes, they are 17" Konig Villain II rims. The Pegasus was a ghost decal that was clearcoated in. You could see it from some angles and it would completely disappear from other angles. It was a fantastic add. That is the PO Ronnie Felcher.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 09-02-2011).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny, I want that car. Just saying...
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock