Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 40)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027767 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
PD1949

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to miss k. last night and she said they will post photos as soon as her Dad returns from England. I know they have some good ones to share. I asked her plans for the weekend. She's doing some orders for her etsy and then studying for finals. Wish I could say or give more. I'm as excited and ready to see what's next as anyone. Have a good weekend everyone and remember. Papa D.
IP: Logged
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay to sum up the picture problem. I asked my dad if he'd post some before he left for England because I don't know how to post them up myself. Especially considering the new laptop that I'm still figuring out how to work aspect. However, we both forgot about it and then he left for England. To say the least he's been there for a week and two days, but he'll be returning home on the 2nd of June and then I promise you we'll have pictures up before my 17th birthday. I promise.
In the meantime I have a lot of vinyling to do. lol

Wishing you all the best!
-kathryn
laclone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lacloneSend a Private Message to lacloneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Kathryn,

I'm new here, but I've been reading this forum and following your progress here for years now.

I finally registered on the forum just so I could tell you how absolutely PROUD we all are of you and your accomplishments during all this.

You started this, and quickly won over our hearts as a determined young lady with a goal in mind. And over the years now, we've watched you grow into an exceptional young woman, one now with many things and issues on her plate that she never imagined could exist back when she started all of this.

We are all so proud of you. The daughter we all wish we had. You have a bright and promising future ahead of you.

I can't wait till the engine actually turns over and runs.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kathryn:

Okay to sum up the picture problem. I asked my dad if he'd post some before he left for England because I don't know how to post them up myself. Especially considering the new laptop that I'm still figuring out how to work aspect. However, we both forgot about it and then he left for England. To say the least he's been there for a week and two days, but he'll be returning home on the 2nd of June and then I promise you we'll have pictures up before my 17th birthday. I promise.

-kathryn

If you would like you can email your pics to captfiero@captfiero.com and I can post them for you. I have my own server so I can post them from their.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

FieroSpirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSpiritSend a Private Message to FieroSpiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi! I'm new to this forum and new to an appreciation of the Fiero, particularly the 1988 Fiero GT! On FaceBook I am Dalena Kingston SpiritSong and am supportive of women in any aspect of the auto industry, ie; mechanics, engineers, racing and am in contact with women from all around the world...and that is how I found you! I really appreciate your parents for allowing you to follow your dream, your passion. I have a friend on FB that loves Fiero's, but following your story really peaked my interest in the Fiero. I am a Ford/Subaru person but I really like mid-engine cars. I was Googling (is that a word) women mechanics and saw your picture and that is how I found you. I found your Dad's FB page and saw that he was going to the UK. I left a message and a friend request. Oh, I am 72 (still a child at heart) and been married for 51 years to the same person. Would love to see some updates on your car and by the way, love what you have done with the seats. Maybe some day I will be able to have my own Fiero. I am on Social Security so it may be awhile ! Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday!!! You are amongst those that lead the way. Here is to more women getting into this industry!
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump
6/12/15

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 06-12-2015).]

dejanira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dejaniraSend a Private Message to dejaniraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though I have just registered I have been following for a couple of years. It would be nice to see and hear about progress instead of just apologies. I hope you do finish the car it would be a shame for all the work that has been done to just stop. BEST to you and a belated Happy 17th! ;}

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car projects take along time, and life happens at the same time.
I hope all is going well with Kathryn and family, and someday she will be driving her project
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's wishing you the best of luck in the future with your car and school, and life in general...
wave:

Best wishes
~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 07-02-2015).]

dejanira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dejaniraSend a Private Message to dejaniraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of 5/23 the forum was promised progress and pictures by 6/10. It is now 7/02 and that promise has not been filled. If the family is no longer interested, I could understand that, keeping a 12 year olds dream in effect for 5 years is a herculean task. 17 year olds do not have the same aspirations as 12 year olds. However, this forum has provided the family with many benefits, and might still provide more, if only it was updated.

The forum is still getting a 150-160 visits a day, that is a lot of people who are hoping for updates. In a sense the family owes the forum the respect of responding. If the project is no longer viable then say so and end it. I do hope the project is progressing! ;}

[This message has been edited by dejanira (edited 07-02-2015).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dejanira:

As of 5/23 the forum was promised progress and pictures by 6/10. It is now 7/02 and that promise has not been filled. If the family is no longer interested, I could understand that, keeping a 12 year olds dream in effect for 5 years is a herculean task. 17 year olds do not have the same aspirations as 12 year olds. However, this forum has provided the family with many benefits, and might still provide more, if only it was updated.

The forum is still getting a 150-160 visits a day, that is a lot of people who are hoping for updates. In a sense the family owes the forum the respect of responding. If the project is no longer viable then say so and end it. I do hope the project is progressing! ;}

Without you knowing what exactly is going on with that family, that's a pretty harsh post. Secondly that Family doesn't owe the Forum a damn thing, most of us come here to "share" our experience for other people's interest, and to read what other people are doing with their cars. Most of us don't expect anything in return. It's obvious that you have an interest in what they are doing, but you shouldn't interject negativity onto this family, who you don't know what the daily dealings are.

PFF
System Bot
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a few comments. Kathryn has been working on the car quite a bit. I know the engine is in and the sub-frame, cradle, a beast of a job but it's done. The wiring is being completed and hoses belts etc. installed. She's still sanding some pieces and of course hates that operation. The tires and wheels are on and the doors but they still need the skins installed. Looking like a car.
Yes photos are coming so don't get discouraged. I want to see them as much as any of you do. Most of you know from following the thread just how busy she is. This next week she will be a youth leader at girls camp this has taken a lot of preparation the last few weeks and this is the summer she visits her grand parents in England. she still is working at the University to earn money, pays for car parts, and has her etsy business. Yes, she has a lot of plates spinning but she has not forgotten anyone. May we all learn patience. The project is nearing completion but to put a finish date? She has realized the more you do the more that has to be done. I understand her and believe me she's no slacker nor does she want to be. Time is the most precious thing we have. that's it from the old one. To those of you, may you know I love our granddaughter and support her and are with her no matter how long it takes.
MiseryLou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiseryLouClick Here to visit MiseryLou's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiseryLouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Without you knowing what exactly is going on with that family, that's a pretty harsh post. Secondly that Family doesn't owe the Forum a damn thing, most of us come here to "share" our experience for other people's interest, and to read what other people are doing with their cars. Most of us don't expect anything in return. It's obvious that you have an interest in what they are doing, but you shouldn't interject negativity onto this family, who you don't know what the daily dealings are.

Exactly right. K doesn't owe you a thing. She and her family have shared the details of their project with us, because they thought we'd be interested. And we truly are. But that doesn't put an obligation on them to keep telling us about their project or their lives, or to continue the project.

If anything, you owe her for entertaining and inspiring you.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about you get a life and stop bumping the thread with multiple usernames and just wait for an update when she's ready to give one.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PD1949:
This next week she will be a youth leader at girls camp this has taken a lot of preparation the last few weeks and this is the summer she visits her grand parents in England.

dejanira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dejaniraSend a Private Message to dejaniraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about you get a life and stop bumping the thread with multiple usernames and just wait for an update when she's ready to give one.

In one sense the people disagreeing with me are correct, I am owed nothing! I have not been posting on a regular basis, I have not donated t the project so I am owed nothing! However the people donating to the project are owed, at the very least updates. A promise in my book is a persons word.
As to the quote above I have only one username and this is only the third time I have posted anything. feel free to have Pennock check if you like.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In one sense the people disagreeing with me are correct, I am owed nothing! I have not been posting on a regular basis, I have not donated t the project so I am owed nothing!

dejanira how many frame off restorations and engine swaps have you done?
shoshe1124

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shoshe1124Send a Private Message to shoshe1124Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please don't let this thread get railroaded, with back and forth rhetoric, this is about a girl and her Fiero, not about what they "owe" us, or how many frame off restos the forum members have done.
Kathryn (and family) THANK YOU, for sharing this journey with us. Although I just registered to post, I have been reading this thread for a LOT longer than that and I look forward to seeing pics of the progress.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto!

Kathryn (and family) THANK YOU, for sharing this journey with us.
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! This is really cool! I am VERY jealous! I decided several years ago, that I wanted to build a car with my daughter, so that she would learn about cars, how to build them, care for them, and respect them. This is definitely something I want to do with her, she turns 12 in October. She has about $500 that I have saved up in change for her, so that will give her a base to start looking for a car. I have always leaned toward an 85-87 Monte Carlo for her, and she does like them, but I can definitely start teaching her with my 87 Fiero. Maybe it COULD become her car . . . but I don't think I'll want to give it up! LOL! Anyway, I just found this thread, and don't have the time to catch up this morning, but I am definitely subscribing to see how far her work has come! Congrats on having a really cool daughter!

------------------
2010 Jeep Wrangler
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
1987 Pontiac Fiero
1957 Chevrolet Corvette LS6-swapped (LOOOOOOONG-term project)

Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so . . . I have FINALLY finished reading this thread. It was like running a marathon, it is very long, but it has so many great details, pics, and shows the amazing talents you have Kathryn. The deeper I read into the thread, the more I wanted to read. I was constantly amazed with all of the changes you have made through the duration of this build, all of the opportunities you have had and created, and how much you have grown as a person. You never cease to amaze me. I have noticed that you have apologized quite a lot. I see no reason for you to apologize. In the beginning of the build, you were young, you had far less extracurricular activities as well as classes. Even though I have just recently discovered this build thread, I'm sure I can speak for almost all of the readers, whether they post or not, when I say that we completely understand that life gets in the way sometimes, and that other things take priority over your car sometimes. I lived in Okemos and Saginaw, so I can definitely vouch the extreme temperatures and ridiculous snow. Your grandfather mentioned that you often feel like you have not made enough progress with the smaller tasks to warrant a post, and the bumps and comments encourage you to continue with your build. Well, I would like you to know that every little bit you accomplish is enough to show progress. I bought an 87 base a few weeks ago, and your post is inspiring to me. I can't wait to start working on mine, but I have to get the engine back together and put back in my 96 Tahoe first. I want to swap the engine in my Fiero as well, but I'm also considering rebuilding the 4 cylinder in it now, just so I can start driving it, as I acquire parts for my swap. You DEFINITELY need to open your own shop when you finish all of your schooling. It's a huge task for someone young, but I believe that you could accomplish anything. If you can put this much time into a car while still in school, you could definitely build vehicles, and run your own shop. Whatever you chose to do in life, I have absolutely no doubt that you will be successful. I love your artistic little people, and that you are making money for car parts from them. It got me thinking, maybe you can find something to make that we can all use on our cars. Some sort of little accessory. Perhaps a stainless steel emblem for the front bumper or something? With your creativity, I'm sure you can come up with some sort of decorative piece for either the interior or exterior. Daddy just needs to buy you a water jet or something. Keep up the amazing work! I am patiently waiting for the next update.
PFF
System Bot
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kathryn:

-kathryn

Well then Happy Birthday, our little girls is getting all grown up !

I can't wait for dad to get back so we can see some more pictures of your progress.

Edit to add, 17, you are 17?
You didn't find a Boyfriend did you?
Now I know why we haven't heard from you in so Loooong. Careful if you have, he may just be after your car, or at least a free oil change on his car.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-25-2015).]

85wickedfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85wickedfieroSend a Private Message to 85wickedfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dear Kathryn
I have just finished reading this thread (took me 3 weeks) and I must say that I am absolutely amazed!
You have done so much in so little time. College, sponsors, worldwide recognition and all because of a drive
that I wish to see in more people your age! I may have just registered but I wish and hope to see you update
ASAP. But I agree with ZEP, take your time and post when you have the time and energy.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope this works right, Harbor Freight has just added to the Famousnes of Kathryn.

https://www.facebook.com/ha...7569/?type=1&theater

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Hope this works right, Harbor Freight has just added to the Famousnes of Kathryn.

https://www.facebook.com/ha...7569/?type=1&theater

This will work for a while

junkcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for junkcarSend a Private Message to junkcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just finished reading the entire thread extremely inspiring i wish my 12 year old little sister was this motivated she bought a 60s vw beetle a few months ago and has only gotten around to trying to remove a headlight i want her to read this thread in hopes that it will inspire like it did me. on another not what you've done is incredible thank you for sharing this with us
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last update was 2 months ago. Has there been any progress to report since then?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by junkcar:

i just finished reading the entire thread extremely inspiring i wish my 12 year old little sister was this motivated she bought a 60s vw beetle a few months ago and has only gotten around to trying to remove a headlight i want her to read this thread in hopes that it will inspire like it did me. on another not what you've done is incredible thank you for sharing this with us

Shauna's posts on his forum coincide with the "new member" postings here over the past several months. They also coincide with several perverted PM's that I have gotten. I suspect a few more members have an understanding as to what I am alluding to. The level of education is easily apparent in the writings. I find it extremely disturbing that such a man is allowed to harass so many people and not be legally responsible.

To the OP...

Good luck with this build thread. Be cautious of what you post on the internets. Not negativity, only learned reality.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

That is awesome! Great pic of you Kathryn!

This build is definitely a marathon, not a sprint. You will appreciate the car (and all the skills you've learned) for years to come!
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2015 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Tony K.~
Soooo...
Perhaps this is why we haven't heard about the car from Mitch, Kathryn or PD.... ?
A real loss if it is the reason.
~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 09-19-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2015 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PD?
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Incredible GPA for someone doing 2 School Systems at the same time. You are a shooting star, be careful not to go too fast, and burn up. Hope you are also having some fun at this time in your life as well, it's important.
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll post a bit. Some of you may know that Kathryn spent a good part of the summer in the UK . Part of the reason why no up dates. When she returned she started back with her university classes and a week later HS also started back to work. So yes she's been busy. The car really needs about a few more months work to completion and as I understand it it's mostly the fine bits that need done and some body pieces fitted.
Most of you are spot on that this a learning experience for skills and also time management. What some also know this is a Kathryn driven project so it moves at her pace. I for one am truly amazed at her accomplishments and how well she does at keeping it all together and in focus.
She will post I'm sure when she has something new not just a few wires and bolts added. She feels she needs to keep everyone posted but for those of you who know her small talk is not her real forte, not that she can't chatter but "at times" but for the most part unless she has something to say she says little.
I visit everyday and look forward to her updates also. She is quite a young lady and I am proud of her . Papa D
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Incredible GPA for someone doing 2 School Systems at the same time. You are a shooting star, be careful not to go too fast, and burn up. Hope you are also having some fun at this time in your life as well, it's important.

California Kid great comment and I totally agree! My son is a automotive engineer and I am sure he would tell you, study, study, study! He was involved with the Formula Team and they voted him to be the Team Manager and he found it took to much time from his studies and it effected his grades. He just missed the GPA cutoff from the OEMs. But he is now doing what he wanted, brake systems, for a Tier 1 supplier. I must say he learned a lot from the Formula team that he would not have learned in the class room.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-20-2015).]

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PD1949:
I visit everyday and look forward to her updates also. She is quite a young lady and I am proud of her . Papa D

Papa D, I think I would get agreement that her PFF family is quite proud of her also. No just for the car project she's working on but for the real life accomplishments she has done so far. If she never finishes this project (but we all KNOW she will ), thanks for the work and inspiration you have given all of us!

~Trevor

tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh...... this thread is about HER journey not anyone who has donated to it or commented. All this odd negativity as of late is disturbing. I advise all who have given to her project please grab a dictionary and look up the word DONATE. Hopefully then you will understand the meaning.
On a lighter note remember the cell phone stands? It still holds my shops business cards. At least 10 times a day customer comments on what a cool design it is and they want one. Again, thank you for taking the time to make these for the few lucky ones. We thank you for sharing your journey and your time lady.

------------------
Put the blow torch down please, its just a Fiero.

"Strange, I tore those metal fibers like paper.. and what he did, was amazing. Sooomething is happening........"
Ursa

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

I know it's insane I haven't been on for a while. I feel terrible about it, time flies so fast, and I've been putting off pictures because I'm like if I just wait a little longer I can have a running car! Wouldn't that be an awesome update! I've been in England for most the summer and I got back about 5 weeks ago which was pretty much right on time for school to start. I have homecoming this weekend, BUT, I have gotten some more coolant lines and things hooked up on the engine last week, I haven't quit yet. Unfortunately I had to practically refab the entire system because part of it was supposed to go in before the engine did... and let's just say that didn't happen so my Dad and I had to discover a different solution. lol.
I am still working on my car, and I swear I haven't given up on all of you! You've all been absolutely amazing through this entire experience and without you all I probably wouldn't have made it through! Welcome to the new comers, and a huge thank you to all of you who have been here since the beginning. I haven't finished, but I haven't given up either. Now that I'm back into the swing of things, I'll be setting aside Mondays and Fridays after this week for car days. Then hopefully in the near future I can post evidence of a car back under its own steam!
I want to wish you all the best of luck with all your projects, and again a gigantic thank you to all of you!

-Kathryn
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Kathryn, keep plugging away when you find time, keep in mind winter is coming up on us.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the update.
~Zep
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock