Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 31)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027767 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
4186Nb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 4186Nb (edited 03-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4186Nb:

I like the idea of the new emblem design, maybe something made specific "for" Kathryn and her car.

Good idea

Thanks, yeah I am def just throwing ideas out. I could never actually make it tho. Thats all y'all.
I really like the colors that she picked out as they go with her Fiero. I LOOOVE that all her face plates are yellow... well at least the speedo I have seen. I am sure her shifter plate, ac/area plate and aux plate will be yellow too. I just painted all of mine Ford Mocha Frost Metallic on my new GT to keep my other GT company in the garage. lol. It looks wicked sweet cause its the tan/beachwood interior. Those things are sooo hard to paint, you have to do an exact system. Its crazy, what are those things made of or coated with? Even after sanding the heck out of em you have to do a weird spray. Clean, sand/clean/prep, prime, paint 2x, prime AGAIN over paint then paint 2x. It is the only way that works everytime with almost any type paint or you get these oddball pinhole pockets of nothing. Like pin head size perfectly round holes not bubbles that have ZERO paint in them. Like you can see the silver original plate. So it removes the 1st layer of DRY primer in these holes. Never seen anything else ever do that! It has baffled me for years. So I came up with that weird system all done in 10 min intervals exactly and it never fails. Factory perfect. But I digress......
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys those logos look absolutely awesome! Thank you all for all you do for Kathryn. This forum is the best.

-MH
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...logos look absolutely awesome! Thank you all for all you do for Kathryn.

Thank you, MichHiker. I've sent your daughter the new design.

Best

tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kathryn, Payment sent to your dads PayPal !
Thanks for being awesome!
PM also sent.
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some fun new parts coming kk's way soon
Also she got her permit so stay off the roads!!!!!! Just kidding she has been doing very well. 100 miles driven this last weekend.
Se has some other news too, but I don't want to steal her thunder

-MH
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks dad!!!
anyway...in terms of "other news" I got a phone call the other day from ABC news...they want to do an interview...that could be interesting.
they want to follow me around school for a day.....

also i get to go to a women's in electricity....thing for GM on March 13th, and it's all about electric cars and everything.
soooo...they're sending me a Volt to play with for a few weeks....fun right?!

just one quick question for you all though....do any of you know where i'd find...a jig to drill a (starting hole?) in the 3.4 block?
i don't know if that question made any sense actually....um.......well...i guess just let me know if i'm talking nonsense. or alternatively if you know what i'm trying to say....just let me know what you know
thanks everyone...you're all amazing!!
-kathryn
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you need to drill the hole for? If I remember right don't you have to drill a hole for mounting the starter on the 3.4. Is that what you are trying to do?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RodneyDickman.com sells the 3.4 starter conversion jig. It's pretty much foolproof, even for a beginner. You shouldn't have any problem with it, since you're far beyond beginning.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...6e083e9f38798313f20c
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

RodneyDickman.com sells the 3.4 starter conversion jig. It's pretty much foolproof, even for a beginner. You shouldn't have any problem with it, since you're far beyond beginning.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...6e083e9f38798313f20c

What he said, lol. When will the ABC News bit be airing after they do your story? And is it ABC World News or Local News station? BIIIIG CONGRATS!!!!!
Make sure any gum you chew that day goes in the bin with them around, if it was NBC you would not have to keep an eye on them and your gum. Bahahahaha

[This message has been edited by tntcary (edited 03-05-2013).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,

Wanted to let you know that we received the lacrosse attackman and the lacrosse girl goalie but have yet to receive the goal. The kids love them! Will you still be making the goal? Would you like me to send some payment now for these two or would you like me to wait for the goal?

JR
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw these and thought of you.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,
Silly question but, still a question...
Will you be blueprinting your engine (i.e. having it balancing)?
Typically that would be done with a racing engine .
I don't expect you would; as it is expensive~ but a question none the less.
Then again if I recall an earlier post it was suggested you liked engines with a tall cam/ lopey cam sound...
I know you had the engine sent out to be machined, just wondering besides boring out the cylinders, what you had done?

Balancing & blueprinting is nothing more than machining different engine parts to specific tolerances.
To balance a V-8 engine requires 50% of reciprocating weight plus 100% of rotating weight, for a V-8 engine.
Reciprocating weight: Piston (1), rings (1 set), wrist pin (1), and small end of connecting rod (1).
Rotating weight: Big end of connecting rod, rod bolts & nuts, rod bearings, & oil supply to crankshaft bearings. Because there are two rods to each journal then the rotating weight is x 2.
The pistons are all machined to weigh the same. The big end of connecting rods and small end of connecting rod are machined to weight the same (separately). Then the weights of the pistons, big end of connecting rods, small end of connecting rod, one set of rod bearings, one set of rings, one wrist pins and oil weight (usually 6 grams) is recorded and the bob weights are made up from the formula for the type of crankshaft being balanced. Then the bob weights (4 for a V8), dampener, flywheel (flex plate) are bolted to the crankshaft and spun to balance the left side and the right side of the crankshaft. Then spun with the left side and right side coupled together to make sure the crankshaft is still in balance.
The crankshaft is either welded on the counter weights (or heavy metal installed) or drilled on the counter weights (left and right) to bring the crankshaft into balance.
All four cylinder engines (inline) and inline 6 cylinder crankshafts (with the counter weights on the same side) do not require bob weights.
V6 crankshafts, because the counter weights are on opposite sides require bob weights but some formulas are different for each V6.
Blueprinting
To blueprint an engine consists of several machine shop operations including but not limited to:
Bore & hone cylinders (usually w/Deck plates) and honed to the correct clearance.
Line bore or line hone the main housing bore in the block. (Or at least check to see if the housing bore is within the correct specifications).
Re-size connecting rods (big end & sometimes small end).
Turn & Index crankshaft.
3 angle valve job cylinder heads (to a specific width & place on valve seat & valve face).
Fitting valve guides to a specific clearance.
Setting up valve springs to the right installed height & pressure, both open & closed.
Surfacing block and cylinder heads straight & with the right RMS finish.
Race engines require even more blueprinting----such as; cc'ing heads, machining for exact deck, block clearancing for crankshaft, & cam to rod clearance, porting & polishing, shot peening, heat treating,---the list goes on & on.

[url=]http://www.rpmrons.com/Balance.html[/url]

Question for the forum... Has anyone here had their non -racing Fiero engine blueprinted/ balanced?

~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 03-07-2013).]

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everyone,

Johnyrottin you'll have a PM shortly.

also in terms of the engine, i'm mostly just having it cleaned up, checked for cracks, bored, and not much else...
and i'm not sure about the balancing/blue printing of the engine....what's the purpose of it? i have to admit i'm a little confused.
Very soon i'm gonna start working on the fiberglass. yay!!!

The Volt will be coming to me soon, and i'm really excited for it!! and i'm getting to miss school on the 13th to go down to detroit again for a women in electricity (something like that anyway) meeting thingy. that could be fun.....!

lastly just recently someone brought my attention to something happening on the forum, Don Hulse is terminal with cancer. Some people on the forum are trying to raise money to allow him to go to the 30th anniversary event in Indy. here's the link.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091368.html

thank you all for your support!!
-kathryn
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blueprinting an engine is basically just carefully measuring each clearance and specification, and making sure they match up against the manufacturer's recommended values. It's a very good idea any time you're rebuilding an engine, to make sure it will function properly and for a long time. SA Designs made a good book on the subject. I'd give you mine, but I gave it to Goodwill a couple months ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik..._tuning#Blueprinting

http://www.amazon.com/Engin...ding-S/dp/1884089267
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are replacing any of the rotating assembly parts (ie crank, rods, pistons, flywheel) it would be advisable to have the rotating assembly balanced (they can generally beat what is done to a factory engine, which will result in a smoother running engine).

As I don't believe you intent to do a competition racing, a full blue print and balance would be a waste of money, in my opinion. You could ask the shop to look the engine over carefully to determine if the are any miss-matches, intake manifold to heads, that could be easily cleaned up, and cost quote to you. You can check the exhaust ports to headers when you get the engine back.

Petty Cool about the deal with GM and ABC News !!!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 03-09-2013).]

4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K,

I've sent you the logo in your email.

tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the most awesome thing ever. When I am in garage working on my Fieros this guy holds my phone for music. Or wherever I need to set my phone, this is the coolest stand. Thank you so very much Kathryn !!!!!
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys/girls,

i got all my engine stuff the other day, cam, pistons, valve springs, ect, ect.
so my engine can be finished up soon!! yay!!!

thanks for all your support!! also i'm writing a paper on the future of automotive engineering for school...that could be fun.

-kathryn
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn
How did the Volt and the electric thingy go??
Jim

------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone in MI should make sure she gets a brick from Plant17
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kathryn, I know this is a tad late, but I watched the video posted last month, just awesome! Truly inspirational, like others have said. Keep up the incredible work, I would be happy to donate some parts to the cause if you need any. The welding art is very unique, never seen anything like it before, and it is flat out... incredible.

Also totally jealous you sat in a new Corvette.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-17-2013).]

hypo327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dear Kathryn:
Although I heard about your story some time ago, today was the first time I viewed your you tube story, and reviewed this forum thread, and I have to say, I totally agree with all the positive remarks given to you and your great parents...it really put a smile on my face! You and your family are an inspiration to every one. You and your parents, are blessed to have each other. I look forward to following your story to completion, and hope you will be a Fiero enthusiast for years to come!

I, myself, have been working on cars for the last 55 years, since I was 15-years old. My first build at 15, was a 1934 Plymouth 2-dr. sedan. My first daily driver at 16, was a 36 Chevy coup. I've had and built street rods, custom show cars, hot drag cars, by the number, but I have to say, the most all around fun car to own and work on and drive, has been my '86 (late run) Fiero GT! I encouraged my youngest son (21-years old now) to look into Fiero V-6's, as I've always thought they were really cool. So, at 17, he found a very nice high mileage '85 GT that ran fine, for $1200. I drove it home for him because he wasn't insured, and I fell in love with it. He put a new Beck & Arnley stage 2 clutch in it, and had a great little fun daily driver that he and I both loved. I liked it so much that I bought my above mentioned GT. We have worked on our cars together, and they have brought us hundreds of priceless father/son hours together...just like you and your parents!

I don't know how far you are with your engine, but would highly suggest, if you still can, to put your time money into building a 3.4 long block (from a '93-95 Firebird or Camaro.) instead of putting your old stock 2.8 back in the car. The dementions are the same, you just use all the exterior parts from your 2.8. Not only is the engine more powerful, but it's lots stronger and more durable (bigger pistons, longer stroke, stronger crank, and this forum has great threads on making that swap, and would be no harder than sticking your 2.8 back in the car. The other thing I would suggest you do to your cradle and rear tie rod anchors, is a simple procedure to correct your bump-steer. I have a good pictorial proceedure of how to do this in my face book albums; also, how to build a custom rear sway-bar from an old front sway-bar, that works much better than the F.S. sway-bar and very inexpensive. Your are already installing poly bushings all around, which is great, but recommend installing Rodney Dickmans's lowering ball joints for better handling and looks, while still keeping a nice soft ride. Just friend me on my face book (Michael James) and see all my Fiero albums. I periodically add stuff. You can shorten your own shifter too...it's really easy!

Also, you might be interested in the fun face book site "Pontiac Fiero owners and enthusiasts," where Fiero nuts dwell...lol! You will find after you turn 16 and start driving your Fiero, you will not only appreciate it because you built it, but it will be a really fun exciting driving experience...just like the old commercials say...lol! Thank you and your parents, for sharing this fun Fiero family build experience with us Fiero addicts! Best of luck with your project!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kathryn great job on the car! I watched the video, wow you are so fortunate to have the support from your parents! When I was your age I wanted to buy a MGB and do what you are doing. My father put an end to it. He could not see the forest for the trees. So here I am at 62 doing what I wanted to at your age. Hang in there! Say my my son went to MSU for Mechanical Engineering and when he was there joined the MSU Formula team. That was a great experience for him and it helped on the resume. He is an Automotive Engineer. With your talents you will do great at engineering. I wanted to go into engineering when I was young and my uncle told me to take all the math and sciences that I could in high school. I went onto community college to get some of basics taken care and save $$ as I was paying for my college ed as my folks had just moved to another city and bought a small store, and then transfer, but I never made it past that as life intervened. So follow your dreams! Do what you want! I am glad you chose a Fiero. I bought my first one 12 years ago and even though they can be troublesome I enjoy them & the people I have met!

Peace be with you.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe 1st Fiero Now at Wellers Auto Parts as a repairable
87 GT 3800SC 2nd Fiero

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-22-2013).]

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everyone!!
sorry for not posting as much as i should.....
so i've got a few things to answer don't i?
in terms of the Volt/women in electricity stuff it was a ton of fun!!!
i loved the volt it didn't just leave you stranded if you ran out of battery power....
also for the actually meeting, i had a moment at the beginning where they showed part of the thnkr video...i though i was gonna die of embarrassment, especially because they had like three groups of other high school girls there.
but oh well i survived...lol
but in all seriousness i met a lot of great people there and i hope to keep connect with them all.
i also got a tour of the on star headquarters...that was pretty interesting.
on top of all that i was talking to a man there and he mentioned the red with yellow striped ground effects fiero that had showed up in the thnkr vid. and he's like "do you know where that got that pic?" to which i replyed...no idea. "well you see that was my car in high school and i always wondered what happened to it and the next thing i know that picture shows up in your video" well he said something along those lines anyway...it was kind of funny in the moment.
well yeah....don' t know what else to say....other then thanks all!! both old friends and new ones
i'll try to post more...sorrry
hopefully when it gets a tad warmer i'll have more to post.
-kathryn
hershy314

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hershy314Click Here to visit hershy314's HomePageSend a Private Message to hershy314Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you had a good time. Been following this post a while and have to say the amount of support you are getting is crazy. Keep it up, can't wait to see the finished car. Always wanted to get a Fiero. Not sure if my tall self would fit in one though, being 6'1" kinda limits you on the cars you can drive.
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hershy314:

Not sure if my tall self would fit in one though, being 6'1" kinda limits you on the cars you can drive.

I'm 6'3" and I fit in a Fiero.
LaFierte

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 6'7" and need to move the seat up.... course my torso is a little longer in proportion to my legs.... dad is 6'6" all legs and he fits as well.

Kathryn, just started following the thread after my brother told me about it.... he is an engineer at GM and worked on the Volts brakes. He is on here as well (small world). Very nice work.

Jeff
hershy314

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hershy314Click Here to visit hershy314's HomePageSend a Private Message to hershy314Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to know a tall person can fit in one of these cars. Now back to the topic. Can't wait to see more progress on this one.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,
Know you are busy.
Any news or update or photos on engine rebuild?
Curious~Who is re-assembling engine?
~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 03-31-2013).]

hershy314

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hershy314Click Here to visit hershy314's HomePageSend a Private Message to hershy314Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost forgot. I know it's a long ways off but when you get to the point where your doing your stereo install I will be more than happy to help you in anyway I can. I've played around with car audio since the mid 90's and have built a couple systems.
PFF
System Bot
PD1949

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PD1949Send a Private Message to PD1949Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a note to all, the little miss has been visiting Us for a few days and is going on a college tour today. She's been busy the last week or so with drivers ed. classes and putting in some hours behind the wheel. I've taken her out and she does fantastic for the amount of "real" road time she has had. I'm sure she will post the details all have been asking for when she returns home and is not traveling. I know there are a few boxes with engine parts in her room; cams valves pistons rods etc. and she is itching to get them installed but sometimes school just takes precedence like it should. Thank you all for the support and help and information you keep giving her. You are all truly part of her extended family. All for now Papa D>
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PapaD thank you for the update!
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah...sorry guys. been kinda busy.
oh dang...wht were the questions again?
just give me a sec kay?

right okay engine
i have all the parts i need i think...except i've still gotta get the soft plug kit. um...the guy who is re-building my engine runs his own little shop
and it's called engines r us....i'll look up his name for you and get back to you all as soon as i can.
so now that i've ordered the parts..i just need to set up a time to go to the shop, get the final bore completed and my block is coming home.
hershy314 thank you for that wonderful offer!!! that sounds great!! i'll have to let you know when i'm getting closer to that!!! it might be a while lol.

any other questions? thanks for all your support!! and for those of you who just joined welcome to the forum!!!
if i missed something just let me know....
-kathryn
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a article in the German car magazine Auto Bild. Title of the Story: "Women of the year"!

------------------

1984 Indy automatic
1086 GT 4-speed
1988 GT 5-speed

My wife told me to choose: her or my Fieros... I miss her sometimes!

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice article and congratulations on being named woman of the year!
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks!!
okay...so.
engine.
just went back to the shop today, and gave him the pieces he needed to finish the block!
AND he's going to help teach me how to put the heads back together!! isn't that awesome!!!
sorry really excited right now.
and just this monday i got a tour of the University of Akron, i got to meet with the Formula, Baha, Concrete canoe, and Steel bridge teams.
it was fun!!!
-kathryn
p.s. yes there really are concrete canoes...i didn't believe them either.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son was on MSU's Formula team. It was a great experience for him especially seeing he is now an automotive engineer.
Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Kathy

you have my respect for what youre doing and espeacially in your age .
In your age i was dreaming about girls and reading only scifi books ( i know iam/was extra nerdy )

I started at 20 with my "home mechanic" way of life and iam still learning .
What you are about to do and already have done is ver good. Did my first complete rebuild when i was already 28 !!

I just showed my 14 years old son your story and i guess you have now another fan over here

And i totally agree with the "AutoBild" Article .

--- You are the Woman of the Year ! ---

@ MRBoernie
Danke für die Info , normalerweise kaufe ich die Autobild nicht , aber diese Ausgabe muss ich haben !!

------------------
1984 Fiero Sport
1987 Fiero LPG
1984 Fiero SE
1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LX LPG
1999 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LPG
*** nuclear winter cures global warming ***

michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn told me I needed to do better and get some of her pics up for her....lol!

So here are a few:

Of course she has still been working on her etsy store and making her statues etc. in order to continue to pay for the work on the car, a bit more on that later. She has a special request for a necklace holder, so she is coming up with some cool designs. There is the potential for her to sell a few of those if things work out well. Which could be good. Recently, here are a couple of the fun ones that she has been working on:

the first one is a horse doing a jumping competition this was a special request and she was a bit worried about how to do it. She also felt in the end that it looked to much like a kangaroo

The other was a girl welder, like herself...she had some fun with that one...don't you all like the little mig machine?

She also talked a bit about GM inviting her to the women in electrification event, and they sent her a Chevy VOLT to play with for a week. That was kind of fun. Very different...she liked it, but isn't completely sold on electrics...yet

I have some better pictures of her with the volt and I will find them and post them as well.

Then here are some of her at the electrification event.

We had to have a little red corvette picture

Now the reason that we make all the cool sculptures besides the fact that it is fun is so we can afford shiny new bling like this!

and some very nice and shiny new pistons!!

I have some more I will post shortly, and as soon as we get some of the ones back from the University of Akron visit I will post those as well. In othernews we have heard that Kathryn has been accepted to Michigan Tech's women in engineering program this summer, She now has her permit, and potentially might soon receive a visit from one of the nations leading news programs.

-MH
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock