Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 29)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027767 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
mwzephyr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Any news on the engine you sent out?
IP: Logged
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys and girls,
I've been working on welding some of my little people, the Lacrosse goalie is really close to done by the way
so i've finished an owl for a friend, a person with an remote control, a guy w/ a cabin, and i've been starting on some other things too..
unfortunately i haven't heard anything about my engine yet, but i should be hearing back from engines-r-us soon.....i think.
thank you for all your interest and funny/helpful/amazing comments!!!
-kathryn
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kathryn and Mitch,

I have been following your adventure from the beginning, and like everyone else am really awed by the way the whole things has taken off.
I have had a few people on FB message me with links to various stories about you, as they know I am into Fiero's and I have typically shared a link back to this thread on the forum, after we agree how cool it is.

Well this last week I had your story intersect with my life in a little more personal way. Some good friends of ours from Church both work for GM, here at the engine plant in Western NY.
She is an office manager, and he is an engineer. Well last Sunday in church she came up to me carrying something with a big smile on her face. She hands me some papers she has stapled together, and says you need to read about this girl, and her Fiero.... To which I replied "Oh, you mean Kathryn.... Yeah... she's a rock star"!! I felt bad, because she was totally deflated, and I really took the wind out of her sails. But I explained what an internet phenomenon you were. and she felt a little better. Anyhow, the papers she handed me were from the GM Women's Woman to Woman Newsletter, in whcih the CNN Article was reprinted. Not sure if you knew it was in there, or not, but I thought it was very cool, and thanked her very much for taking the time to share it, even though it was not new news to me.

Anyhow just thought I would share.

Rich
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mitch
You have a PM.

------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And replied

-MH
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mitch
You have a PM.

------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello again,
well quick update.
in terms of welding i haven't been able to do any recently because it has been absolutely freezing here.
in terms of my engine, i called yesterday, and they just got started on it and they should be boring by middle of next week
so....yeah.
-kathryn
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kathryn:

...and they should be boring by middle of next week

Huh, I thought it was pretty interesting.
mrvids

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrvidsSend a Private Message to mrvidsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They need to ditch the carpet at the car show and let us wear roller blades to skate around the displays. Otherwise I don't know if you can see it all in one day.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With my gimpy leg I saw it in 3 hours.
PFF
System Bot
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet pics!!!
Sorry for neglecting you all there's just not been that many updates to record. until now....
so since i know someone will ask if i don't mention it, the engine/motor has not been updated to me yet but i will let you all know as soon as i do.
also i finished the lacrosse players/ goal..finally!! we got some nicer weather so i didn't freeze to death just by walking outside....lol. I just need to clean them up and then send them off.
I've also finished a few other customized orders recently too. and i'll be putting up a few new figures onto etsy i think like a basketball player, a softball/baseball player, and iPhone holder...things like that.
Lastly i need to fill out my application forms to WIE (women in engineering) which is a summer thing up at Michigan Tech.
so those are my brief updates.
Again sorry for neglecting the thread for a while....i just figured you'd actually want info. when i posted so i waited.
Thanks everyone for everything, i love all your input so please continue to give ideas, i love hearing them all!!!
-kathryn
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lacrosse season is getting under full swing...any update on the goalie?
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, i have to just clean it up today and i might get it shipped today too sorry for the long wait....really!
would you like me to post some pics? or is it a surprise?
sorry again,
and thank you all for everything, no more updates yet unfortunately, except i might go to see a bronze pour next week i think
-kathryn
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kathryn

197 posts
Member since Jun 2011
johnyrottin you have a pm
kathryn
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

they should be boring by middle of next week

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Huh, I thought it was pretty interesting.

That sounds like a Leslie Nielson line from Airplane! LOL

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-03-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post pics of course...we all love to see the amazing work you are doing!!!
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Post pics of course...we all love to see the amazing work you are doing!!!

Ditto, what he said...

~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 02-03-2013).]

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good build thread. I'm not too much older than you. I'm still looking for a Fiero.
pbschroeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pbschroederSend a Private Message to pbschroederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted a request for a custom item on your Etsy page, Kathryn. I am excited to help you with this project.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everyone,
sorry i've been lazy about updating recently.

I'll post some pics up in the next few days. I still haven't heard back from the engines-r-us place yet.
I'm working on my application to go to Women in Engineering which is a week long summer camp at MTU.

I'll check on etsy right now too
again sorry about neglecting you all
kathryn
PFF
System Bot
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

That sounds like a Leslie Nielson line from Airplane! LOL

Surely you can't be serious. Bahahaha
And make sure you park in the white zone, the red zone IS for loading and unloading only.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And don't call me Shirley....Sorry about that, but I just couldn't resist.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah...don't call J-Holland Shirley! He busts his but running up and down that court! Roger Roger, Over Under.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Colonel. I needed that.
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Yeah...don't call J-Holland Shirley! He busts his but running up and down that court! Roger Roger, Over Under.

Kathryn is probably like What are these strange people talking about??? LOL

I also speak Jive, fluently. Mymy momma din raise no fooo, cut me sum slack Jack. Ain't no jive turkey....
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But, are you over Macho Grande?
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last one I swear ! I just can't resist.

Reporter: What kind of plane is it?
Johnny: Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.

well two and I am done, maybe Kathryn or her dad will get a laugh out of our lameness.

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Back to her Fiero, Kathryn are you going to paint/mod your interior or are you just keeping it stock clean? Wicked thing to do with the speaker covers is forget about redoing the cloth material, Rip that old junk off the speaker covers, clean em good, then paint them the color of your choice. I like black and beachwood, but you might want to go something more you. They look soooo cool like that, Kind of like translucent. Let me know if you want pics of mine and the interior painting I did. Use the correct paint and it lasts forever.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh the classics...they never get old. Just like our cars!
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uh....hi everyone.

and whoever suggested that i had no idea what you guys were talking about was correct. i'm still trying to figure it out actually.
anyway the questions were...updates/bump, and something about paint/mod interior. what's paint/mod interior???!
and sure i'd like the pics...sounds interesting.

also as for updates i need to get working again i've been kinda slacking lately. (bad kathryn!) i still haven't heard about my engine yet...i'm going to call next week. and i need to work on my new fiberglass pieces and get them cut...and i also have some work i could do on the doors, figuring out what to buy for the engine ect.

thank you all for everything....i'm also working on the welding sculptures....johnyrottin i'll be shipping out yours very soon within the next few days

kathryn
PFF
System Bot
crateenginedepot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kathryn,
Just wanted to tell you I'm hooked. After following your thread for a while it got me back in the mood to get back in the garage.
Ive always liked Fiero's but just never made sense with having a family. Now that our last child has moved out and I have this itch to start working on cars again. I have been looking around at Fiero's and found a 85 with 17,000 miles on it. I just couldnt pass it up.
I picked it up today and had a fast but fun 45 min drive home. Can't wait to start tinkering with it.
Hmmm ZZ4,? LS3? shrugs... let the fun-frustration begin.
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

uh....hi everyone.

and whoever suggested that i had no idea what you guys were talking about was correct. i'm still trying to figure it out actually.
anyway the questions were...updates/bump, and something about paint/mod interior. what's paint/mod interior???!
and sure i'd like the pics...sounds interesting.

kathryn

Ok, I will take some pics tomorrow of the interior of my 87gt so you can see what I mean. And as for the strange stuff we were posting, they are quotes and catch phrases from the movie Airplane. Its really old, like 1979 I think, but stupid funny. Your dad certainly knows this movie, it was my dad that showed it to me and I died laughing. My next post will have those interior photos for ya. L8r
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ohhhh...and the light-bulb come on. I get it now. I've never seen the movie but now i know what everyone's talking about.
Thanks for the info!!!
Also i'll be looking forward to those pics.

Updates:
so tomorrow monday the 18th i'll be starting the first segment of drivers ed...yikes!!
really nervous....hope i have some friends in the class.
Also on the 21st i'll be teaching my sisters class for 30 minutes about motion, speed, acceleration, momentum, tork, and other forces.
so that could be interesting...
-kathryn
Flyboygt86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn I have been following your project for quite some time. You are doing a great job and hope to see your car when completed at some of our shows here in MI. Drivers Ed is just one more step towards completion. Have fun teaching your sisters class I am sure you will do a great job.
Chuck
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ohhhh...and the light-bulb come on. I get it now. I've never seen the movie but now i know what everyone's talking about.
Thanks for the info!!!
Also i'll be looking forward to those pics.

Updates:
so tomorrow monday the 18th i'll be starting the first segment of drivers ed...yikes!!
Also on the 21st i'll be teaching my sisters class for 30 minutes about motion, speed, acceleration, momentum, tork, and other forces.
so that could be interesting...
-kathryn

Here ya go. Very dirty, it has been raining a ton here.
Some are gloss black and some are Dupli-color metallic black( lower than semi gloss, but not quite matte) Deck lid vents are metallic burnt orange, so is the word Fiero on the Fiero Store side air intake ram(not pictured, I forgot.) Lol. Let me know if you have questions. Hmmm, it wont let me post the one pic of my GT tail lights(runtime error), I did exact same thing to them as the sail/quarter windows.

MetroMightyMouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMightyMouseSend a Private Message to MetroMightyMouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't.....resist......my........favorites........

Guess I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.....

JUST KIDDING
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From autoblog.com

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 02-21-2013).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Updates:
-kathryn

I took driver's ed December/January in northern Michigan, experienced every weather and traffic type you can drive in. The best driver's ed video we watched was 'Behind the Wheel with Jackie Stewart' if you have a VCR I can send you a copy.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have been following this silently for a long time now.
I am thrilled with the work!
Your mom and dad must be so proud of you.
Keep up the amazing work!
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock