Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What's up at Outlaws Rod and Custom Shop ? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's up at Outlaws Rod and Custom Shop ? by exoticse
Started on: 03-20-2011 11:11 PM
Replies: 98 (7755 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 01-25-2014 01:10 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some really beautiful work posted by this shop. LIke at Archies shop this is one of the "go to" places for an upscale Fiero

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlaws:

Trinten,
Everything starts out on our website. As of today, we have 100,232 pictures on our website. We don't do much narrative on the website, but we try to cover everything with pics. For Facebook, I just update it in spurts and it's more of an advertising type tool for me. More and more people are getting on it now days. Take care and stop in if you are ever in the area!
Asa

PS. Here is a direct link to our photo site: http://outlaws.smugmug.com

I enjoyed the website-great photo-documentation! In particular, the CitiCar messed up my head.
A_Pegasi

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while, but progress is being made...

Before

During

After

Lookin' GOOD!!!

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope Asa completes it soon so you can get out there and enjoy some LS3 power!!!

Jim
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
umm, lets see. "Asa, can you do a LS3 swap for me". Now its "Asa, can you do a complete engine swap, full suspension, brake swap and paint my car". This car might be ready for Indy....... I hope so.

Rob
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

umm, lets see. "Asa, can you do a LS3 swap for me". Now its "Asa, can you do a complete engine swap, full suspension, brake swap and paint my car". This car might be ready for Indy....... I hope so.

Rob

YEA! YEA! ;-P You know what they say... "If you're gonna do something, DO IT RIGHT!" And that's especially true of Asa and the guys at his shop.
Completion date is in time to break her in before the cross country drive at the end of June. Fingers X'd.

"Engineer, we need warp speed now!"

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A_Pegasi

206 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Some new "before and after" photos for a status on the build.

The front subframe before...

and the same subframe after powdercoating.

The front A-Arms before...

and an upper and lower A-Arm after.

Finally, a look at many of the front components laid out and ready to install.

"NASA Physicist Says Warp Drive is Feasible"

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simply a work of art.
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So VAFA had their club meeting at Outlaws last Saturday and along with all the other projects and upgrades at his shop Asa showed the progress on my LS3 install.

Posting some new pictures of progress!!!

The engine bay is looking good.

And that LS3 should have come from the factory that way. (Actually, it did with a lot of help from Asa & Archie!)

Exhaust Tips test fitted.

Rear suspension getting put back together with some changes.

The undercarriage looks almost too good to take on the street. (I repeat ALMOST!!)

And a shot to kind of put the whole package together.

Here's hoping she's ready in time to make it to the 30th. Xing fingers and toes.

"Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead!" -- Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

[This message has been edited by A_Pegasi (edited 03-17-2013).]

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again to ASA for the Pizza & T-shirts Your car should get all the trophies this year!

Jim
PFF
System Bot
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
A_Pegasi, your car is very close to what I hope to have Archie helping me with in the semi-near future.
A white late Coupe with an LS3 (and 6sp, in my case, didn't catch what you were using).
Can't wait to see some video of your car.

------------------
~Michael
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!!

Help me choose my next project... Aero Notch vs. Late Coupe?

troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Pegasi:

So VAFA had their club meeting at Outlaws last Saturday and along with all the other projects and upgrades at his shop Asa showed the progress on my LS3 install.

Posting some new pictures of progress!!!

Exhaust Tips test fitted.

Do you have any good Pics of the exhaust?

looks good
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car. Looks so good.
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

Very nice!
A_Pegasi, your car is very close to what I hope to have Archie helping me with in the semi-near future.
A white late Coupe with an LS3 (and 6sp, in my case, didn't catch what you were using).
Can't wait to see some video of your car.

Thanks TRiAD!

Mine's getting the 6 spd F40 tranny w/Cryo'd gearing and a LSD.

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A_Pegasi

206 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by troyboy:

Do you have any good Pics of the exhaust?

looks good

Troyboy,

THANKS!!! Here are a few shots of the exhaust.

Coated and ready for install.

One of Archies Headers test fit on the engine.

Only thing left is the tips.

There are many more on Asa's website documenting the build.

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Pegasi:

Thanks TRiAD!

Mine's getting the 6 spd F40 tranny w/Cryo'd gearing and a LSD.

Perfection.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Asa any new developments on your choptop ??

What about the one your employee was working on ??
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chop-top, wide-body is now for sale. Asa is working on a new project and he is unloading all his Fiero stuff. Lots for sale.

Here is the ad on "racing junk" for the CT/WB car: http://www.racingjunk.com/P...8-Pontiac-Fiero.html
I hope it still works, I am trying to move the ad to "hot rod/street rod/custom". if you cant use the link, just search for "fiero".

He is also selling a 95% complete V8 Archie kit installed on a 88 cradle w/ 5 speed Getrag
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068234.html

He also has an 86 GT w/ 3800SC and 4t65e-hd trans. Trans just rebuilt, he actually had the Grand Prix towed to a local trans shop, had them fix the trans, drove the GP around to make sure everything worked, then pulled the motor/trans out. He pulled all the stuff he needed off the donor car, including the interior (dash, door panels, center console). Car is almost done, he has the custom made harness in a box, motor has GP headers installed and he did a lot of custom exhaust work to make the GP headers work. Need the finishing touch's done and its ready to go. I'll have more on this one soon.

Rob
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock