Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What's up at Outlaws Rod and Custom Shop ? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's up at Outlaws Rod and Custom Shop ? by exoticse
Started on: 03-20-2011 11:11 PM
Replies: 98 (7755 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 01-25-2014 01:10 PM
A_Pegasi

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Pegasi:

Earlier I posted the new engine and tranny Outlaws is going to install in my original Fiero Coupe. Their working hard on my other Fiero too!

From this...

to this...

to this...

To This...

Progress is evident.

Almost there. Stay tuned!

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

IP: Logged
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good Bob )
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW, looking good. Can't wait to see it all together.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 07-21-2011).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice color.
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Nice color.

Thanks Archie! I like it too!

Stopped by Outlaws to pick up the last of the body panels I'll be putting back on at home.
She's dusty, but ready to come home for reassembly.

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait until he gets it out into the sun, and cleans the dust off.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 07-31-2011).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Did the shop close or something?
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, but Asa's just been too busy working on customers cars to get any work done on his widebody choptop. Catch-22. No work = no money. Work = No time for your own project.

I'll ping him and see if he has any updates on any other cool projects.

I do know he will be starting Bob's LS376 install soon.

Rob
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

No, but Asa's just been too busy working on customers cars to get any work done on his widebody choptop. Catch-22. No work = no money. Work = No time for your own project.

I'll ping him and see if he has any updates on any other cool projects.

I do know he will be starting Bob's LS376 install soon.

Rob

What about the other widebody choptop project that belonged to one of his employees ?? Any progress on that one ? Is it still in the shop ?

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Asa puts out daily updates and pics of customers cars on facebook and has tons of pics on OUTLAWS website as well - seems he's bucking the trend in this economy and staying busy! I'll be stopping by the shop before Christmas and will get a widebody status update for you guys.

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Asa puts out daily updates and pics of customers cars on facebook and has tons of pics on OUTLAWS website as well - seems he's bucking the trend in this economy and staying busy! I'll be stopping by the shop before Christmas and will get a widebody status update for you guys.

Jim

Yes. Please do.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, I know Bob wants to talk with Asa, maybe we all meet up and head to the shop with the LS3"s.

Rob
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim

Status update: I stopped by Outlaws Wednesday to get a hidden front plate bracket fabbed up for CT#10 and Asa's widebody is still sleeping while they attend to backlog of customer work. Doug (the owner of the second widebody choptop in progress is no longer at Outlaws and his car appeared briefly on CL for $18.5K yesterday.

Jim
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Status update: I stopped by Outlaws Wednesday to get a hidden front plate bracket fabbed up for CT#10 and Asa's widebody is still sleeping while they attend to backlog of customer work. Doug (the owner of the second widebody choptop in progress is no longer at Outlaws and his car appeared briefly on CL for $18.5K yesterday.

Jim

WOW, I can't believe he sold it that fast. I think $18.5 is just too much for that car. But if he did I hope we have a new member to the club soon.

Rob
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see Hampton Roads has a awesome Fiero resource now. Out-freggen-standing! We were in town for Turkey Day, I cant believe how much its changed.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustible sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, GA brakes, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.
Toyota Tacoma Double cab Prerunner SR5
KTM 250SX

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW, I can't believe he sold it that fast. I think $18.5 is just too much for that car. But if he did I hope we have a new member to the club soon.

Rob

It may not have sold. He may have had seller's remorse and took it off. Higher end Fieros aren't exactly selling like hotcakes right now. If his car was overpriced I doubt it would sell quickly.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob

I doubt it sold for that. Especially in this area. $18.5K for a car that isn't driveable, and isn't a complete numbers-matching classic musclecar, is just not going to happen, unless you get insanely lucky. The yellow Formula hasn't even sold.
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen Doug's car since he left and he hasn't had a job but I know he was working on it. My son hangs out with him from time to time and about a month ago he said it was running. Don't know the status of it.

I plan on getting back on mine soon, business has got in the way!
I've got a 3800sc going in my 86 gt daily driver in the next couple of weeks and gearing up for bobs ls3 swap.

Happy new year and take care.
Asa

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom
http://outlawsrc.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlaws:

I haven't seen Doug's car since he left and he hasn't had a job but I know he was working on it. My son hangs out with him from time to time and about a month ago he said it was running. Don't know the status of it.

I plan on getting back on mine soon, business has got in the way!
I've got a 3800sc going in my 86 gt daily driver in the next couple of weeks and gearing up for bobs ls3 swap.

Happy new year and take care.
Asa

Wow! I was hoping to see some pics before he sold the car. Any details regarding the new owner?

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay. Since Asa is still too busy working on customer cars to work on his choptop, I decided that the only way to get more added to this thread was to become a customer. So, I sacrificed my 24 year old duke to feed the forums need.

"The Patient is ready for surgery."

"The Operation begins."

"The fit and finish of the Donor is checked"

More to come...
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the lack of rust on the chassis of a southern car

Jim
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

A_Pegasi, I will remain jealous of your name for all eternity! LUV it!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for more pics? How are you at electronics night mares??
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fab is done, parts are out for powdercoat. Trans is apart, off getting cryo treated. Exhaust is done, should be a few more weeks and it will be all done.

you can see pics at the outlaws website under the GM tab all the way at the bottom

Rob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I saw a LS3 engine picture at the shop.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl's photo
PFF
System Bot
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, it's about time I provided some new eye candy. Not that kind...Get your minds out of the gutter.

Here's the exhaust. Jet Hot coated and ready to go in.

The motor and tranny mounted on the powder coated cradle and ready for install.

The new engine and tranny are installed. (Hopefully for the last time.)

The view from the road...

Now that she's about ready to go fast. She's gotta be able to stop.
Thanks to Arraut Motorsports, we have...13" Rotors

Willwood Pads

Hot Red Calipers

And finally to get her nose down...a set of drop spindles.

Also from Arraut Motorsports. GOOD STUFF!!

Sybok: "They said warp-speed could not be accomplished."

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome an east coast shop!

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

Awesome an east coast shop!

You have no idea... I can't even begin to tell you about the quality that Asa and his crew are known for. Its an absolute honor to walk around the shop and see all the projects going on. In this economy Outlaws has to turn away customers because of the work load. Asa, thanks again for being a Fiero Fan. Can't wait to count myself as a customer. Maybe a F40 trans install is in my future....ummmm.

P.S. Asa - I need to ask you some questions/see some pics of your 3800 project. Mine is getting close and I need to see what you did for a few "issues".

Rob
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is something of a counter-trend question, but does anyone know if Asa replicates his Facebook car/project photos/info on their website? Or is a majority of it just on FB? I personally dislike social network sites, and do not have a FB account.
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have no idea... I can't even begin to tell you about the quality that Asa and his crew are known for. Its an absolute honor to walk around the shop and see all the projects going on. In this economy Outlaws has to turn away customers because of the work load. Asa, thanks again for being a Fiero Fan. Can't wait to count myself as a customer. Maybe a F40 trans install is in my future....ummmm.

P.S. Asa - I need to ask you some questions/see some pics of your 3800 project. Mine is getting close and I need to see what you did for a few "issues".

Rob

Wish I had time to get on here more!

Thanks for the kind words Rob!

All I can say is that we are blessed to be able to make a living in this industry and time. Things are crazy!

No problem on the 3800, swing by someday soon!
Everybody take care!
Asa

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom

A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

I know this is something of a counter-trend question, but does anyone know if Asa replicates his Facebook car/project photos/info on their website? Or is a majority of it just on FB? I personally dislike social network sites, and do not have a FB account.

Trinten,

If you go to his homepage: http://outlawsrc.com/index.htm

Click on "Projects" in the menu bar.
Then find: "Click here to view some of our customers' cars".

This will take you to the smugmug link with photos of over 200 customer cars.
Cars are arranged by year and there are photo galleries for three 88 Fieros (Two LS 3s and a Blue Fastback coupe). Plus an 86 3800 supercharged GT.

All GOOD stuff and ample evidence of the quality of Asa's work.

outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Trinten,
Everything starts out on our website. As of today, we have 100,232 pictures on our website. We don't do much narrative on the website, but we try to cover everything with pics. For Facebook, I just update it in spurts and it's more of an advertising type tool for me. More and more people are getting on it now days. Take care and stop in if you are ever in the area!
Asa

PS. Here is a direct link to our photo site: http://outlaws.smugmug.com

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work on the website & cars.

Love all the pictures.

Heck I think Asa has more pics of Jim's LS376 swap than I do LOL.

Archie
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soon we'll have the LS "three" cruizing Hampton Roads

Jim
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay