Corson Motorcar # 25 by Fieromaineac
Started on: 02-15-2011 08:36 PM
Replies: 163 (13687 views)
Last post by: FieroMontreal on 05-25-2020 01:22 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hubba hubba..... Corson #4!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em4175a05b62&vxp=mtr

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
Fieromaineac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for a Corson builder’s manual and promotion video. I will be happy to buy your manual or purchase a pdf copy of your manual. Same for the Corson video, buy yours or purchase a digital copy of your video. If you have a manual or video, but don’t have the means to make a digital copy, I do. I would be glad to pay full price of a manual or video plus a security deposit and shipping. Upon receiving your manual or video I will digitally make a copy and return your original plus a digital copy to you. Upon return of your original, I only ask for a refund of the security deposit.

I only wish to complete my Corson history file. So far this thread has located 31 Corson’s! Contributors to the thread have graciously shared pictures, info brochures, magazine articles, letters etc. If you can help, please reply!
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the Corson history file.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 02-11-2018).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OI!!! in the Mall right now! Corson #8 With a V8, even!!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069611.html
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting Corson #08 Dano!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson #38 is alive and well! Current being offered on Ebay with LESS than 2K original miles!!

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see #38 listed anywhere, do you have a link ?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Corson 512 bbi Flashback.

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 02-20-2017).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson #32 is alive and well and currently on Ebay. To date only 32 Corsons have been found, but only 20 identified by serial number and VIN. I'm still looking for a Corson builder's manual and the Corson promo VHS video. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please if you spot a Corson get a picture, the serial number and VIN and post it here, Thank you.

PFF
System Bot
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson #16 has been identified!

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So glad to see Corson #63 rescued from the salvage yard. Congrats to dominic355, we look forward to the full restoration!

Please keep us up to date.
dominic355

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaineac:

So glad to see Corson #63 rescued from the salvage yard. Congrats to dominic355, we look forward to the full restoration!

Thank you Fieromaineac...

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2017 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson #63 was sold on eBay, anyone know where and to whom she went?

Here is what #63 would look like if stretched behind the seats to the 98.43" BB512 wheelbase.

As compared to a real Ferrari BB512 convertible.

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 01-16-2017).]

Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought you might be interested. Corson #008 is on eBay. Starting bid is $9999.

Here is the listing

[This message has been edited by Drewbdo (edited 01-17-2017).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And now back on Ebay . . . . . . . Why doesn't this car have 4 matching wheels? I have heard stories that the missing wheel was taken off by a garage mechanic and now the mechanic can't find it?? "WHAT" next step, hello Police, my mechanic stole my wheel!! Ether way these are Simmons B45-15 rims which are still manufactured, why not replace the missing rim?? I know quit a bit about Corsons and am the author of this thread so "many" people have contacted me about this car. I could have sold this car ten times over if ONLY it had four matching wheels!!!!!
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And now back on Ebay . . . . . . . Why doesn't this car have 4 matching wheels? I have heard stories that the missing wheel was taken off by a garage mechanic and now the mechanic can't find it?? "WHAT" next step, hello Police, my mechanic stole my wheel!! Ether way these are Simmons B45-15 rims which are still manufactured, why not replace the missing rim?? I know quit a bit about Corsons and am the author of this thread so "many" people have contacted me about this car. I could have sold this car ten times over if ONLY it had four matching wheels!!!!!

I noticed that it was relisted. Such a nice looking car.

When I was thinking of buying this, V8Archie went and looked at the car for me, since he is in Vegas (where this car is). If I understood him correctly, he did the V8 conversion on a Fiero for a different person. That man later passed away. The current seller purchased the car from the estate, then the Corson body was removed from another car, and installed onto the V8-converted car by the current owner.

Archie said it was in pretty good condition, and that the owner did a good job on the body swap. There were a few things that it needed, as with most all cars of this age. At the time, due to cross-country shipping costs, and replacing all four wheels, it would be over my budget.

Unfortunately, no one mentioned that those wheels were still available to purchase. Since then, I ended up purchasing a Testarossa, which was my favorite car. However, if I had the money, I'd probably pick up this Corson too.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a set of all five Corson BB512 rear deck louver vents, anybody got any kicking around?

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know where I can get arear window wing for a 86 GT?
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

Anyone know where I can get arear window wing for a 86 GT?

Similar to the one pictured above?... Sage makes them for Fiero Warehouse. Txgood has a thread on it.

roof spoiler

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-29-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson # 08 is currently on Ebay with no reserve! These are very high quality body kits and are getting harder and harder to find. As with all cars it needs some cleaning up which is your chance to make it your own, BUT it has a great big V8 in the back!! One item I see it needs a replacement wheel which is available - Simmons B45 - 15 Wheels. At this price back in the day you could not afford the donor Fiero, the Corson kit, let alone that V8 Archie install!!!

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 07-07-2017).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well lookie here! Have been working on my Aldino Spider restoration all summer and wanted to get out the Corson for a drive, but wanted to check all brake pads when I discovered the rear driver side brake hose was burnt off. This explains an event several years back when I thought there was an engine fire. The caliper must have gotten so hot that it burned off the brake hose sealing it. That day I had topped off the transmission fluid so thought I had a blown prop seal?? Also that day I drove the car home "WITH" brakes! Well time for a complete brake job.

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 08-28-2017).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The caliper must have gotten so hot that it burned off the brake hose sealing it.

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never heard of one sealing itself. You're lucky something bad didn't happen
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2018 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished updating the old Photo Bucket dead file links to Flicker, so all pictures are back that I can convert.

Also still looking for a Corson builder's manual or pdf copy there of and still searching for the Corson VHS sales video or a copy there of for my Corson history files.

Thank you!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a smashed one for about $5k look easily repaired on one of the US based searches found it yesterday.

https://classics.autotrader...tiac/fiero/100292844
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked at a similar (exact same?) car about 18 months ago. It's been a while back, but I'm pretty sure it was in VA, and that salvage yard name seems familiar.

Shortly after I called the yard, the car was purchased and shipped to Texas. The fiberglass work was repaired by the owner. He then sold it on eBay as he had another project going at the same time.

I didn't end up bidding on it because, unless you are a state-licensed auto repair facility, Georgia state laws make it a real PITA to get a new title for a "rebuilt / salvage" car. The damage was minor, but the insurance company had "totalled" the car. I guess they figured because Corson was out of business, replacement panels were not available.

Anyway, there is a Corson thread over at MadMechanics.com, and IIRC, the (same?) yellow car was part of that thread, with more info available.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drewbdo:

I looked at a similar (exact same?) car about 18 months ago. It's been a while back, but I'm pretty sure it was in VA, and that salvage yard name seems familiar.

Shortly after I called the yard, the car was purchased and shipped to Texas. The fiberglass work was repaired by the owner. He then sold it on eBay as he had another project going at the same time.

I didn't end up bidding on it because, unless you are a state-licensed auto repair facility, Georgia state laws make it a real PITA to get a new title for a "rebuilt / salvage" car. The damage was minor, but the insurance company had "totalled" the car. I guess they figured because Corson was out of business, replacement panels were not available.

Anyway, there is a Corson thread over at MadMechanics.com, and IIRC, the (same?) yellow car was part of that thread, with more info available.

You are correct. The yellow one was purchased by Dominic on here but that ad is from 2013.

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I created a Corson Motorcar group on Facebook to hopefully find fellow owners and fans!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2021121364767452/
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson # 56 has been found!

PFF
System Bot
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson #063, a very rare spider is once again For Sale!

https://www.facebook.com/ma...tem/612027395888285/

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 03-12-2019).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2019 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see Corson # 018 is For Sale in Florida.

1985 Ferrari BB512

$15,995

Osteen, Florida

Ferrari BB512 REPLICA by Corson, They were actually sued by Ferrari because the car looked so close to the real thing. Has Chevy V8 Engine with aprox. $40k miles on it, 5 speed manual transmission, brand new clutch, throw out bearing. New cooling fan. Custom door poppers open the doors with remote for you. Car runs and drives great! 50K miles on car. Need some minor cosmetics. Open to interesting trades, Jaguar XKR, Porsche Cayman, Lotus, etc. Please CALL me at 407-322-3359 2pm-1am. NO texts this is a land line.

Not sure about the price but need to consider the interior and the V8 Archie engine!

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 05-05-2019).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2019 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaineac

234 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Corson # 039 has been identified! With Corvette engine and a $16K price tag.

This information came from an old link which I could not affirm if still For Sale.
DrXtreme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrXtremeSend a Private Message to DrXtremeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I messaged the owner, he says its #018. Since it has the proper interior and 350TPI V8, not sure what the price should be. I'm risding the fence on it.

I see Corson # 008 is For Sale again but now in Florida.

1985 Ferrari BB512

$15,995

Osteen, Florida

Ferrari BB512 REPLICA by Corson, They were actually sued by Ferrari because the car looked so close to the real thing. Has Chevy V8 Engine with aprox. $40k miles on it, 5 speed manual transmission, brand new clutch, throw out bearing. New cooling fan. Custom door poppers open the doors with remote for you. Car runs and drives great! 50K miles on car. Need some minor cosmetics. Open to interesting trades, Jaguar XKR, Porsche Cayman, Lotus, etc. Please CALL me at 407-322-3359 2pm-1am. NO texts this is a land line.

Not sure about the price but need to consider the interior and the V8 Archie engine!

[This message has been edited by DrXtreme (edited 04-28-2019).]

Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may be the photo, but i think the interior is a different shade of color than #008. This looks almost a light tan, and IIRC, 008 looked white in the photos i saw. But that was a couple of years ago too, so I may be remembering incorrectly.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
# 018? Like to see a picture of # 018's Corson ID plate.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaineac

234 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I stand corrected, DrXtreme and Drewbdo are correct this Corson IS number 018!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2020 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for bumping an older topic but if you are still gathering information I ran into a listing for a Corson that does not seem to be on your list. When I saw the car for sale I knew I'd find someone putting together a registry for them.

This car is located in Tokyo, Japan
It is currently listed for sale at 550,000jpy (approx $5,100.00usd)
condition is listed as sitting for a long time, not running and unknown km, unknown running condition.

Seller shows 2 different Corson vin plates for the car so I am not sure what is going on here.
Car #47 built 07/07/89
Car #48 built 07/21/89

Fiero's in general are extremely rare in Japan, when I find them they are usually kit cars. I haven't seen an actual non-kit car fiero for sale in Japan in almost a decade.

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 05-14-2020).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2020 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
poss two were sent to Japan for the same buyer. something happened to one of them and it became a parts car. years later, the good one had an issue and the owner took parts off the parts car to make the good one work again. Or maybe not.

Rob
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock