Started on: 02-15-2011 08:36 PM
Replies: 163 (13687 views)
Last post by: FieroMontreal on 05-25-2020 01:22 PM
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE!!!

Wooo I own page 2.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 06-22-2011).]

IP: Logged
Fieromaineac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Corson For Sale on Ebay! This one has a Corvette engine!!

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 02-08-2018).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had some free time today so:

(Above) Removed the old baby turbo mirrors, then installed these new full size Vitaloni Turbo mirrors.

(Above) Installed these "Ferrari" rim decals I picked up on Ebay.

More later.

mannysingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mannysinghSend a Private Message to mannysinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have car number 63, the brakes are very weak, any suggestions on what to do?
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mannysingh:

I have car number 63, the brakes are very weak, any suggestions on what to do?

LOTS of brake upgrades are available. Here is just one option:

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...rakes/brakes_10.html

Archie has a big brake kit as well:

http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm

The Grand Am brake conversion is also popular -

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brakes are ok, factory Fiero but I need to upgrade #25's brakes in the future.

As posted Westcoast Fiero, V8 Archie, Fiero Store etc, many brake options out there.

Any pics of #63? I'd like to see some. Please feel free to post them on this thread. If you would rather send me a PM and I'll provide an email address that you can send pics to!
mannysingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mannysinghSend a Private Message to mannysinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my son has just sent pictures of number 63 to the email you have posted on your profile for this forum! please let me know any suggestions you have! and feel free to post the photos on the site! Thanks
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow #63 is a spyder!! Thanks for the pics, will post some photos tonight for all to see!
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the wheels on your Corson come with the knock off's and chrome cap? I have seen these wheels but without the k/o's. Also on other Corson's I have seen, the box section between the exhaust tips, below the bumper, is painted black. Did that depend on the owners preference?
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Did the wheels on your Corson come with the knock off's and chrome cap? I have seen these wheels but without the k/o's. Also on other Corson's I have seen, the box section between the exhaust tips, below the bumper, is painted black. Did that depend on the owners preference?

The knock off caps were on the car when I purchased it. All the Corson info I have gathered does not show or list them as an option. I believe they are aftermarket Corvette. The vent screen between the exhaust tips on my car was black when I purchased it. On Randy Corson's car and others, that vent screen is painted silver. I think the silver shows the vent detail better so I painted mine silver too!
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaineac

234 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Corson Spyder #63

Thanks for the pics!

PFF
System Bot
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just heard Corson #10 has been found! Hope to see pics soon!!

I also see Corson #58 is on Ebay.

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obtained this photo from the Corson information pack. I can almost make out the original Corson nose badge.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson # 21 said "hi" the other day from the Netherlands!

mannysingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mannysinghSend a Private Message to mannysinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where can i get a 512 BBi badge? I could not find one, so i had gotten a 512 TR badge, and does anyone know where i can get a new roof for corson number 63 (spyder)
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anything wrong with the old #63? Hope the storm didn't get to #63 .........

Keep an eye on Ebay, I've seen them from time to time.
mannysingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mannysinghSend a Private Message to mannysinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#63 has a small hole on the side of the roof next to the tip of the window. The roof is not in very good shape, Im hoping to get a new roof in black, and hopefully cut out the lights infront of the rising headlights, for somereason they were never cut out
mannysingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mannysinghSend a Private Message to mannysinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know where i can get the front amber turn signals for #63?
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd contact Aldino. They have that part for their kit.

www.aldinokit.com
mannysingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mannysinghSend a Private Message to mannysinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!!
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see Corson # 45 made an appearance recently on Ebay.

PFF
System Bot
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corson #08 is alive and being restore in California!

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
saw this one for sale on craigslist.
http://dallas.craigslist.or.../cto/2840408085.html

edit: looks like a price drop. http://dallas.craigslist.or.../cto/2840408085.html

------------------

www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 03-04-2012).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting. That's number 45 currently back on Ebay. I do like the white exterior.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaineac:

Corson #06 is alive and being restore in California!

I recognize that car. It has a V8, correct? Are you the owner?
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think a widebody on one of these would look sick!!!
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul is the owner of # 08. I haven't received any updates on # 08's restoration in over a year and it does have a V8.

And YES wider flares on those fenders, like the real would be sweat !

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 03-14-2012).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

saw this one for sale on craigslist.
http://dallas.craigslist.or.../cto/2840408085.html

edit: looks like a price drop. http://dallas.craigslist.or.../cto/2840408085.html

Thanks for posting. That's number 45 currently back on Ebay. I do like the white exterior.

looks like it hit Ebay again, maybe??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item1c24c8b102

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-17-2012).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hard selling cars out there these days. The seller of #45 will never get what that cars is really worth !
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look to be well finished kit cars at least when your buying one you know it is finished or was.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had only seen the Corson 512 bbi on the internet, but never in person until one was for sale about an hour away. My curiosity got the best of me, so a friend and I set up a visit to see for ourselves. I bought the car on the spot. I own Mera # 8151 and a Fiero based F40 Kitcar, nether body compares to the quality of the Corson. The Corson body craftsmanship far exceeds the quality of any off the shelf Kitcar body I have ever seen. Not to say there are those craftsmen’s out there who can take an off the shelf Kitcar body and finish it to a “car manufacture” quality. Hear this; I'm polishing the Corson in front of my garage when I guy stops to talk cars. He says he's restoring a 308 GTB and couldn't believe he was seeing a 512 bbi in the neighborhood. Keep in mind that both front and rear clips were closed and my Corson has Amida's 355 interior package. I also believe my Corson was built at Randy Corson's shop. He has stopped twice now, but I think he was getting wise during his last visit. I'm going to tell him it's a Corson if he stops again. When we take the cars out for a Saturday night ice cream cruise, I hear nice "Kitcar" comments for the Mera and F40. I have only heard nice "Ferrari" for the Corson. That's the reason Ferrari closed Corson Motorcars !!

Please note; I’m still looking for a Corson manual and video, Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
mannysingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mannysinghSend a Private Message to mannysinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Terrible news.... #63 was in an accident about a month ago, someone was driving down the street and not paying attention to the road hit my corson. Ruined the left side of the back bumper and damaged the front due to my corson hitting the car infront of it. Is it possible to get a new Corson bumper? or is the car a goner?
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any good Corvette restoration shop worth their salt can fix it.

Corvette restoration shop in my area did some work on a dune buggy I owned. I could not tell where the body was hit! When I first checked out the shop, they had just received a shipping container from the west coast. Inside was an early 50's Corvette with the engine between the seats! I looked at Jim and questioned "you going to fix that"? Two years later it was a brand new Corvette going back to the owner!! They were shipping with the car a photo album documenting every step of the restoration, even showed replicated assemble line marks on the frame ........

So what I am saying, #63 can be restored to better than new.

God forbid if it was parted out, but you do have a buyer for those seats right here.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two for sale on e-bay. (Kits and replicar)
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really like the tan and black striped seat covers in Randy Corson's spyder. Anyone know who made them?

I don't know if Mr. Mike made these seats but he makes a very similar set.

Jonathan

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I must have missed them when I checked out Mr. Mikes. I'll look again, Thanks
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heads up, Corson 512bbi #63 Spider shown previously on this thread is For Sale!

Car has been located at East Coast Auto Source in Thaxton, VA for $5995.00 !!!!
Their website is www.ecoastauto.com. Corson #63 is listed in their inventory under “Pontiac” on second page.
Car has cracked bumpers from being rolled into by a parked car, pushing the Corson into the car parked in front of it.
Website has several pictures of the car's current condition.
Easy fix for anyone ever wanting a Corson 512 bbi convertible.

Link : http://www.ecoastauto.com/w...ID=1G2PF3799FP218588

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 07-25-2012).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here it is the Friday before the Labor Day weekend and interstate 95 coming into Maine is a four lane parking lot!!

So instead of running a few errands, I installed the new "Manual Look" shifter from Rodney Dickman. The shifter that came with the car was similar but nowhere the quality of Rodney's. Plus I didn't like the aluminum knob and that the glue holding the knob to the shaft had given up the ghost.

So here is before:

Here's after:

I do prefer the black knob with the chrome shaft over the old setup and it functions so much smoother! Next project will be to make a replacement "automatic" gate to replace the manual gate.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OI!! one of my Mera Pals found this......Corson Spyder #63, no??

$6000. its been in an accident or sonething, tho .....seems it needs to be rescued by someone here
the seller may not know what it is cuz its not adivertized as such

SCOOP it up!!
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WISH I had the cash!! Can't believe #63, S-P-Y-D-E-R has not been scooped up ........
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock