Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30180 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

If its not running by the end of the month im going to come out and take it! (im ahella lot closer now)

Lol good luck pushing out of my driveway

IP: Logged
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Lol good luck pushing out of my driveway

No....I will do the 2 hour project of putting a running motor in it and drive away into the sunset.....
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No....I will do the 2 hour project of putting a running motor in it and drive away into the sunset.....

Lol well than good luck prying the keeys out of my hand

Send me your f***in phone number.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-23-2010).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol well than good luck prying the keeys out of my hand

Send me your f***in phone number.

I saw the tramp stamp
530 713 4405

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw the tramp stamp
530 713 4405

This one?

http://i534.photobucket.com...oliday/ANTSTAMP2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 08-27-2010).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Just imagine if we could see the neck beard! ^
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

^ Just imagine if we could see the neck beard! ^

Theres "berrys" hanging from that neck beard!
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of tossing in a Duke to get it back on the road, and saving up for a better engine later. Although, as much as I like the SD4, let's face it... we're talking about Rick here. And SD4 parts are getting difficult to come by (and expensive). I think another high-output 4-banger may be a good option... like the Quad 4 or Turbo 2.2.
Valkyrie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Blacktree.

Maybe as a forum, we should just confiscate the car, fix it up and keep it out of PK's hands.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkyrie: Maybe as a forum, we should just confiscate the car, fix it up and keep it out of PK's hands.

Wait a minute. I didn't say that!

I'm pretty sure you're joking. But I just wanted to clarify. It's his car. And he can do what he wants with it. I'm just trying to be realistic about his abilities and resources.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actulay what im looking to do with it is save everything on it and drop a 2.8 in it temporarily (i dont think a duke will turn thoes big tires to easly) and later on when i have the funds put some sort of a monster in there I basicley want to ghet it onto the road for a little while and show it. i dont need it to go fast right now.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

This one?

I'm going to ask you to please stop these pics.. At least in this thread. this build is about my IMSA not how you like to belittle me with your photoshopping.

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Wait a minute. I didn't say that!

I'm pretty sure you're joking. But I just wanted to clarify. It's his car. And he can do what he wants with it. I'm just trying to be realistic about his abilities and resources.

Hahah, yeah, I was just razzing him. I'm sure he'll pick a fine engine for the car. ...Hopefully.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkyrie:

Hahah, yeah, I was just razzing him. I'm sure he'll pick a fine engine for the car. ...Hopefully.

Lol i eventualy will. for right now i think im going to just put a 2.8 in it until i can put somthing bigger into it.
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good plan!

You might as well just go all out and make this the first LS9 powered Fiero.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good plan!

You might as well just go all out and make this the first LS9 powered Fiero.

Lol how long do you think it would take for me to get locked up with one of them
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've gone from 2.5 to 4.9 to SD4 to 2.8. Holy hell, this car is never going to see the road under its own power. I should come over and beat you with that roof scoop. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Quit being so impatient.

I know, that is extremely hard to do, I would want to just get it moving as well.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No offense intended, but where is the build part of this thread? That's a sharp car and I'd like to see you complete it. Six pages so far and all I've seen here is an engine pull. You'll never make the construction zone with all this fluff and no progress. Not that it isn't nice, but I really don't care about your tramp stamp [ I'm sure all the girls love it though] Make something happen with this car, I'm sure most of us here would like to see that. Good luck with the build

------------------
88blackchopv8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

No offense intended, but where is the build part of this thread? That's a sharp car and I'd like to see you complete it. Six pages so far and all I've seen here is an engine pull. You'll never make the construction zone with all this fluff and no progress. Not that it isn't nice, but I really don't care about your tramp stamp [ I'm sure all the girls love it though] Make something happen with this car, I'm sure most of us here would like to see that. Good luck with the build

Unfortunately whenever Rick posts ANYTHING, he first has to get jumped on, insulted, photoshopped, and ragged on. Then he has to defend himself to the offending parties. In his Dark Knight Build Thread, this same $hit went on and he did not instigate any of it. It does get old when the forum uses him as a punching bag on EVERY thread. Hell, I even made a comment similar to yours here on the 2nd post down the page:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/072758-7.html

I wish everyone would leave the guy alone and let him do his work. In talking to Rick, he absolutely loves this car and will do anything he can to make it perfect.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may take him some time but he will get it done. How many times have we all gone and flipped from one swap idea to the next or one mod vs that mod its a big decision and you really need to think it through Rick is just voicing his ideas and doubts on each swap with people who share his passion for the Fiero, and indecision happens to the best of us. Many i think are a tad envious of PK and his car being a piece of Fiero history and want to see him fail. Positive thoughts breed positive action. As for Ricks personal life that's none of our dam business, and hes young he'll find direction when he will some need more real world experience then others. There is a time and a place for all things under heaven.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

It may take him some time but he will get it done. How many times have we all gone and flipped from one swap idea to the next or one mod vs that mod its a big decision and you really need to think it through Rick is just voicing his ideas and doubts on each swap with people who share his passion for the Fiero, and indecision happens to the best of us. Many i think are a tad envious of PK and his car being a piece of Fiero history and want to see him fail. Positive thoughts breed positive action. As for Ricks personal life that's none of our dam business, and hes young he'll find direction when he will some need more real world experience then others. There is a time and a place for all things under heaven.

Thats all fine and good, take all the time you need to build the car, but you don't have to post here every five minutes. Lots of build threads have months in between posts by the OP showing the progress made. People come to build threads looking to see your progress. If there's nothing to report for awhile that's ok. Those are the type of threads that are worthy enough and eventually make it to the construction zone. I have a thread running on my car that I haven't posted on for at least several weeks as I have been VERY slow to work on it. No offense, but if you like flapping your jaws about nothing that's fine, just don't do it in a build thread. You have what could be a great car. Build It, don't B.S. it!

------------------
88blackchopv8

PFF
System Bot
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess the question is WHY does everyone bash PK on all of his threads?

I'd say 95% of the forum doesn't have that problem when they post threads.
I am willing to bet that his constant car-swapping, "I am going to get X job in X days", "Hummer bagging" type threads, bad decision-making and horrible grasp of spelling and grammar all contribute to this.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Reply Moved to here

Again you have brought yourself to a low I never expected to see from you.. All I have to ask is why cant you just let me enjoy this car. Why it every time I make a thread/build you have to come in with your negitive additude/childish antics thus ruining/putting down everything I'v already done to this car.
I'v already PM'ed cliff about this and hopefuly he puts a stop to all this..

From now on and this goes out everyone.
This is a build thread about my car, A car (that dispite what some people may say) I worked very hard to be able to obtain usinf the money from my green 86 that i worked very hard to purchase.. Also a car that if I can prove it is a part of pontiac history. Lets not ruin the build thread about it with the aspects of my life that some people think they know all about.
I welcome constructive criticism about the car. But as I said before this is a thread about my IMSA not about me.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-28-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, this is your car's build thread, and I apologize if I crapped all over it. My comments in this thread will be strictly about the car; I was just giving you some good old PA humor. Anyway, I look forward to the day that I get to see this car in person, it ttruly is a find.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Rick, this is your car's build thread, and I apologize if I crapped all over it. My comments in this thread will be strictly about the car; I was just giving you some good old PA humor. Anyway, I look forward to the day that I get to see this car in person, it ttruly is a find.

Its all good andy. Dont get me wrong we can have fun in this thread i just want to keep it close to topic.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its all good andy. Dont get me wrong we can have fun in this thread i just want to keep it close to topic.

Now get to work! Lititz is closing in fast!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Now get to work! Lititz is closing in fast!

I plan on bringing home that 87 SE i got soon. For the time being depending on weather i can get the car inspected easley or not i might end up taking the 2.8 out of it and putting it into the IMSA so i can get it running under its own power to get it around. so theres a slight chance it might be at littiz. The red one will deffenetley be there.

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey no Ill will intended with anything I posted, I just want to see you build this car without having to sift through mounds of garbage in a build thread. Good luck with the build, I look forward to seeing your progress

------------------
88blackchopv8

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hey no Ill will intended with anything I posted, I just want to see you build this car without having to sift through mounds of garbage in a build thread. Good luck with the build, I look forward to seeing your progress

I know what you mean.. what you explained is exactley the way I want my thread to go.

donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the 2.8 idea Rick just to get her rolling until you figure out what is ultimately going to end up pushing her around. I'd love to see the SD4 back in there just because they are a very unique motor to begin with and its what was originally in there. I know they cost a lot but I think it would be worth it to find one.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a little reading material to encourage you. Not the best quality but pretty rare:

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Here is a little reading material to encourage you. Not the best quality but pretty rare:

Awsome. Thanks a bunch Adam..i'll have to read through that when I get back.

If anyone else has any info thats IMSA or DGP related fell free to post it on here... It goes good with the thread.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the 84 decklid put on the car today along with the IMSA spoiler on it. i still need to mae a mount for the over-the-roof scoop but thats the easy part... ill put some pics of that up but heres the IMSA the day i saw it and struc a deal with Neil

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want pictures of it with the 84 decklid right meow! You've made me wait long enough.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I want pictures of it with the 84 decklid right meow! You've made me wait long enough.

Lol i cant find my camera and i dont have a flash on my phone so night time pics arnt going to work but tomorrow i plan on spending some much needed time with my IMSA so i'll get it for ya than.

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Atta boy, keep up the good work!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Atta boy, keep up the good work!

Lol i intend to.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
A to note the Over-The-Roof scoop is being relocated back into the center of the car. In judging from paint fade mars on the roof of my car it telles me that it was once posistioned there.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, you have a PM
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock