Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30203 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Heres the only option with that wheel size. They don't make low profile tires for 15" wheels that are that wide.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/COK-71231/

And if you have 12" - 13.5" wheels http://www.tirerack.com/tir...iameter=15&x=14&y=14
IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Lol i think DOLT belongs there though

LMFAO! PK burned Antuzzi!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I hate you....YOU NEED THOSE!

Lol im only kidding kris.... see i do have an extended vocabulary.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Added the tyler shipman show badge to the imsa
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Today i got bored and worked on the IMSA a little more. i dont want to use the isuzu with the 4.9 so it came out.. im going to end up using a gertag on it

This will be for sale in the mall if your looking for one.

17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why did an 84 have an Isuzu? Previous swap?
and why didn't you save the CV joints?
IMHO, the Getrags are geared too short for the 4.9, but to each his own....
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 17Car:

Why did an 84 have an Isuzu? Previous swap?
and why didn't you save the CV joints?
IMHO, the Getrags are geared too short for the 4.9, but to each his own....

Neil put it in there in place of the 4 speed

The CV joints will go back together it looks like,,, just wanted to get it out Quci. and i love the getrag

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok this car being an 84 should i remove the insulation on the firewall or leave it there?
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you mix up some Aluminum powder and iron oxide and paste it on the fire wall you should be good to go **87antuzzi is not responsible for what happens***
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you mix up some Aluminum powder and iron oxide and paste it on the fire wall you should be good to go **87antuzzi is not responsible for what happens***

Rofl the PKendenburg.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol you got a lot of room to talk. you actuley did set a fiero on fire.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-10-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol you got a lot of room to talk. you actuley did set a fiero on fire.

hey hey hey! thats below the belt.
chadwilkins

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chadwilkinsSend a Private Message to chadwilkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol ya hulki..... i can stand in my trunk

good lord that is one girly ass eclipse next to you. gf's car?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You took the engine OUT THE TOP?! Blasphemy!!!

What you NEED to do is, get the paint touched up if it's in good shape, or repaint the car if it's bad, and THEN, add all the Dole race car stickers to make it look like the original car. Then finish it off with a set of original Centerlines. THAT would be badass.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chadwilkins:

good lord that is one girly ass eclipse next to you. gf's car?

That effed up.... lol thats my daily driver.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

What you NEED to do is, get the paint touched up if it's in good shape, or repaint the car if it's bad, and THEN, add all the Dole race car stickers to make it look like the original car. Then finish it off with a set of original Centerlines. THAT would be badass.

Lol yup i got skillz like that ..
as for the paint its not all that bad i have to get the back end blended but other than that it should be fine.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Dident get much done on the IMSA today.. way to hot outside
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dident get much done on the IMSA today.. way to hot outside

Oh cmon, Its hot here too and I was welding my exhaust outside today, and soldering wires.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Oh cmon, Its hot here too and I was welding my exhaust outside today, and soldering wires.

Yes Matt, but Rick is what we call in Pennsylvania.....a pussy.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 08-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Yes Matt, but Rick is what we call in Pennsylvania.....a pussy.

Yes but you 2 dident pull and engine and trasnmission this week did you
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes but you 2 dident pull and engine and trasnmission this week did you

No, but I went to this thing called a job. Ever heard of it? Oh, and in said job, I work in a shop, wrenching on HMMWVs, MTVs, HEMMITs, trailers, etc. Oh, and did I mention no A/C? And how about one fan for a 30 ft. long work bay? And the building just bakes in the heat, creating the nice feel of an oven inside. But, you're right, you had it rough. I'm looking forward to the day that silver spoon gets yanked out of your mouth young'n.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled 3 engine/tranny combos this weekend! What now PK!?! Lol
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this pic dosent turn this thread political
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When's Andrew coming to help you fix the car?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

When's Andrew coming to help you fix the car?

He stopped by and saw it today. To my surprise he dident have anything bad to say about it. Theres not a whole lot i can do to it until i start my swap... the whole drivetrain is out of the car.

Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on getting Neal's car, PK. Email me and we'll talk about swapping some materials and labor.

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

17Car

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

as for the paint its not all that bad i have to get the back end blended but other than that it should be fine.

Transalation: he couldn't figure out how to get it out the right way.

PK, I ran across an old select cable for a getrag while cleaning out my parts stash. Not perfect, but still servaceable. I don't have room for it, so if you want it, its yours for the cost of postage.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

Congrats on getting Neal's car, PK. Email me and we'll talk about swapping some materials and labor.

I PM'ed you i tried the email your tool bar provided but it wouldent let me send it to you. I am actuley looking for a few things so maby we can make a deal.. How you been otherwise bruce?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by 17Car:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pontiackid86:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Transalation: he couldn't figure out how to get it out the right way.

PK, I ran across an old select cable for a getrag while cleaning out my parts stash. Not perfect, but still servaceable. I don't have room for it, so if you want it, its yours for the cost of postage.

[/QUOTE]

Lol i could get it out the right way if i wanted to

And sure thing i'll take it... im going to need it for the swap.. i'll send you my address in a PM and thankyou for the cable. if your ever looking fopr a Part PM me and if i have it its yours.
PFF
System Bot
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good, but it's getting to be a little cooler hopefully and after getting my deck restained I want to start working on the 6cyl, 4cyl FB clip swap I have pending. I also have a gold 87SE that can be had for nothing that I want to move.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good, but it's getting to be a little cooler hopefully and after getting my deck restained I want to start working on the 6cyl, 4cyl FB clip swap I have pending. I also have a gold 87SE that can be had for nothing that I want to move.

If you want my help with the fastback swap i'll come up and well get it done. it shouldent take to long
And whats the deal with the 87 SE?
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wifebought it on ebay about 6 years ago and it's been a sore point because I could have used the money to buy a really nice 87 blue coupe. It has 90K on it I think 6cyl auto. Had a brake hose go bringing it home. Ran when parked and has had Stabil in the tankl. Will probably start and run with a battery thrown on it. Mild body damage at passenger rear of door. Biggest problem as far as PA cocerned is that it only has an open (signed by seller) title. Take it and fix it, strip it for parts, whatever... for your help. Or it couid become a rare 86 Gold SE, More on that privately.
------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 08-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My wifebought it on ebay about 6 years ago and it's been a sore point because I could have used the money to buy a really nice 87 blue coupe. It has 90K on it I think 6cyl auto. Had a brake hose go bringing it home. Ran when parked and has had Stabil in the tankl. Will probably start and run with a battery thrown on it. Mild body damage at passenger rear of door. Biggest problem as far as PA cocerned is that it only has an open (signed by seller) title. Take it and fix it, strip it for parts, whatever... for your help. Or it couid become a rare 86 Gold SE, More on that privately.

Ill check them both out PM me with the details on the gold SE. i think i may know which one your talking about
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, I just can't get around those taillights. I'll have to see what I have to....."IMSA" them out

Oh look, I happen to have a spare set

I never really liked the black lines in the lenses

Thats better

I'm not worried about the left-over black lines here....you won't be seeing that area when I'm done
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like them.. I have to find a better set of taillights because the ones that are on it are ok but they have some heat stress cracks on them so I want to get them perfect. I wanted to maby (not pk it out) in red LED lights put accorss the middle of thye taillights IMSA like on the fastback...i also want to remove the lines on it. Your idea for them looks really good though. I'll have to do that on a set for mine

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-10-2010).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ill check them both out PM me with the details on the gold SE. i think i may know which one your talking about

What about 86 Gold SE's? I got one.
Oh, and since we are on the topic of notchie tail-lights, let me show mine!

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

What about 86 Gold SE's? I got one.
Oh, and since we are on the topic of notchie tail-lights, let me show mine!

lol so many questions...

And forget your taillights there not IMSA enough for me
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol so many questions...

And forget your taillights there not IMSA enough for me

It does not run and youre worried about the tail lights. LOL
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock