Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiackid86's 84 DGP IMSA Stage III build thread. by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-06-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 839 (30198 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-03-2021 07:59 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a really cool site for IMSA racing models. They only have the Dole IMSA in the Fiero. He sells them as a kit or completed model and makes them when you order. They are plastic and metal kits and come with all the logos. Pretty cool.

http://www.mamodels.com/mod-imsa.html
IP: Logged
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have one of those they are really small about an inch longer than a hotwheels and 1/2" wider. cool little product though.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i orderd the parts i need for the clutch peddel from the fiero store........ And got murderd on the shipping and price of the parts

3 bushings.. 2 shaft bushings and a banjo bushing.... Geuss how much? $16 plus another $5 shipping highway robery. But as soon as the parts get here there goin in... It is so close to being driveable.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

i orderd the parts i need for the clutch peddel from the fiero store........ And got murderd on the shipping and price of the parts

3 bushings.. 2 shaft bushings and a banjo bushing.... Geuss how much? $16 plus another $5 shipping highway robery. But as soon as the parts get here there goin in... It is so close to being driveable.

Want to talk about murder it would cost me about $50 shipping to get 3 pieces of molding sent to Australia for a $25 order. When i pointed out to them it costs the same to send out one piece as it does to send 3 they didnt seem to care. So unless i need something worth about $150+ i will look else where or go without make do with something else as their delivery is just robbery. What really annoys me is i can read what they actually pay to send it.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-08-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Want to talk about murder it would cost me about $50 shipping to get 3 pieces of molding sent to Australia for a $25 order. When i pointed out tovthem it costs the same to send out one piece as it does to send 3 theydidnt seem to care. So unless i need something worth about $150+ i will look else where or go without make do with something else as their delivery is just robbery.

It really is. My most recent Raping ahem shipping from them was a set of thoes brak pad lockers (the claws that hold the pad to the piston on the caliper) the part was like $1 a peice or so and these things are super thin. they would have easley put them in a white envlope and sent them to me that way for $1 or so.. nope $6. i'm willing to bet half of that gets pocketed. You dont make it to the million dollar business list without diming your customers.

I do respect them for the fast that there the only ones keeping out fiero's alive with some of there parts but most of the stuff i can find in a bone yard for cheaper.
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cost me a freakin fortune when I got my Eibach springs in. The springs themselves only made up half the price of the order, the freight was the other half...

But yeah, sometimes they're the only choice, and they really are keeping the cars alive so I'll keep paying them, unless I can find a part better elsewhere (ie diy_stu's dew wipes that I haven't gotten around to ordering yet)

Ed: Oh yeah, hurry the hells up man! I want to see photos of the thing on the move. Chop chop!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Carcenomy (edited 11-08-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GRRRRRR hopefuly my parts come in tomorrow....... Me wana drive my IMSA.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipping has really gone up since USPS has gone with their "flat rate" boxes.

Got 11 calendars from Fiero Store and shipping in a "flat rate" box was $30. In the past, they'd have tossed these in a padded envelope and sent them with First Class postage for $5.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, just to clear things up, you can't put those clips in a regular white envelope because it has to go through a mail sorter. Have you shipped anything lately? USPS rates have gone way up.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Have you shipped anything lately? USPS rates have gone way up.

Even worse when shipping to Canada (sometimes 3x the rate or more). Parts stores in the US can ship a $15 gasket anywere in the States for $6, but wants $25 to ship to Canada.

These high rates will probably kill many small "mail order" businesses because when the cost+shipping exceeds the cost of buying locally (if possible), the orginal low cost advantage has disappeared.

Oops - sorry... END HIJACK

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-09-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GRRRRRRR my parts still arnt here.
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GRRRRRRR my parts still arnt here.

Did you order them online or over the phone?

I prefer to always order over the phone now, after a few times of ordering online and ended up with backordered parts and no notification.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

Did you order them online or over the phone?

I prefer to always order over the phone now, after a few times of ordering online and ended up with backordered parts and no notification.

I ordered them off line. if there not here by tomorrow i'm gona call um up and beiotch.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The IMSA is not officialy moving under its own power sorted out the clutch issue today but had to canabalize the 87 for its clutch peddel to do so
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Im gona tighten everything tomorrow than take it for its madin voyage........ around the block.

And i owe the fiero store an apologey. While the parts they sent me were VERY brittle and broke as soon as i began to put them in. They would have worked had I had the right bearing inside of the peddel shaft. I caalled them yesterday to complain but for some reason the wrath of Rick was not brought upon them...

The car is close to being on the road people.. jsut a few more minor things to accomplish.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-11-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Some pics of the day i bought it. it was coverd in 8 years of dust. now its covers in finger prints here and there of dirt and greese. as soon as its streetable its going in for a detail.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It made its semi madin voyage to the park behind my house today.. i have a brake vachume problem but other than thatr shes drivin
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats PK !
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you drive it around on the flatbed of did it realy run? !!!! Good Job PK -- hat's off to ya ......
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Rick. Do you think you will have it streetable enough to make it to my house before the snow flies?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Congrats, Rick. Do you think you will have it streetable enough to make it to my house before the snow flies?

Not to sure if i will trust it on a drive that far by than. but i might have it driving tomorrow.

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The november batch of pics are here .. with a chance of scenary than other than my driveway

And some shots my camrea screwed up on

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Don't forget to realign the center of the rear bumper and button up the e-brake.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Looks good. Don't forget to realign the center of the rear bumper and button up the e-brake.

Ya the rear bumper is basicley just hanging on there.. i loved the look on my neighbors faces when i pulled it out
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my projects I am working on. Just waiting for the go-ahead
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

One of my projects I am working on. Just waiting for the go-ahead

Thes the files for the dole team logo's?

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possibly
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Possibly

What logo's do you have for it?

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the basic ones that can be cut right now. They can be tweaked if needed.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These are the basic ones that can be cut right now. They can be tweaked if needed.

Not bad... im really considering it.. i want to get the paintjob addressed before i do anything to it yet though.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So now that "tuner" forum i belong to clasify's my IMSA ad domestic rice?........ I swear im ashamed to be stuck in the generation i am in.
PFF
System Bot
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the way that thing looks. The stance, the wide rear tires...beautiful. Definitely needs 8 cylinders to match that look.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So now that "tuner" forum i belong to clasify's my IMSA ad domestic rice?........ I swear im ashamed to be stuck in the generation i am in.

Ask the members of your forum to point out all of the glued on or stuck on parts of your car. Then tell them to go look at their jap-mobiles and they will see the difference. Their cars probably look like demo models for Kragen or Pep Boys with parts held on with double sided tape and Elmers glue.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What size of tires are you running on there?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ask the members of your forum to point out all of the glued on or stuck on parts of your car. Then tell them to go look at their jap-mobiles and they will see the difference. Their cars probably look like demo models for Kragen or Pep Boys with parts held on with double sided tape and Elmers glue.

Lol there not bad cars that they have.. there just bought by mommy and daddy and the people on the forum dont know how to do any of the work on them.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Quad GT:

What size of tires are you running on there?

I think the P295/55/r15's on the back.. not sure on the fronts.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Fixed the brakes and took her out for a small ride today.. man it felt nice.
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car has got some GREAT wheel/tire fitment. Looks really nice PK, gotta drop a northstar in it now, i think.
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
agreed
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this pic on my photobucket

No it's not Lady GaGa. It's Rick sitting in the back of a Limo in a junkyard we made at one time.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 11-15-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock