BUILDING MY FIRST CHOP TOP by FIEROSMIGLA
Started on: 08-04-2010 07:56 PM
Replies: 230 (25432 views)
Last post by: FIEROSMIGLA on 03-28-2016 08:24 PM
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Excellent. The wheels are perfect and match the aggressive stance!

Thanks I plan to get a set of HRE but for now these will work.

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP IN PROGRESS)
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

IP: Logged
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're building an absolutely stunning car!
I respect your skills, artistry AND ambition! Obviously a labor of love.
When you get it all together, take some shots and send to the Fiero Store for their annual calendar. I'd like to have that one on my wall.
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMplastic:

You're building an absolutely stunning car!
I respect your skills, artistry AND ambition! Obviously a labor of love.
When you get it all together, take some shots and send to the Fiero Store for their annual calendar. I'd like to have that one on my wall.

Thanks I appreciate it , thats a great idea I will definately do that.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work!
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More chop pictures!! I had some time to work on it I still have interior work and waiting on custom made fastback windows .

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008
Need some suggestions I bought Eibach springs the car sits up way too high I hate it , I plan to do a 19/20 HRE or custom build wheel in the future also planning a brake upgrade. Any suggestions on brake and suspension would be appreciated. Also any pics would be great my email is rsmigla@cfl.rr.com

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't help you with the brakes or suspension, but just wanted to say that car is gorgeous!

Hats off to you and your painter. Don't remember when I've seen a nicer looking paint job.......or Fiero for that matter!

Looking forward to seeing the completed masterpiece. Keep up the great job and don't stop posting your progress, please!

HAGO!
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:

Need some suggestions I bought Eibach springs the car sits up way too high I hate it , I plan to do a 19/20 HRE or custom build wheel in the future also planning a brake upgrade. Any suggestions on brake and suspension would be appreciated. Also any pics would be great my email is rsmigla@cfl.rr.com

Ron

Madcurl would be the guy to ask in this area, he has more sets of HRE wheels than anyone on the planet ! Most are 19/20 combos as well.
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Can't help you with the brakes or suspension, but just wanted to say that car is gorgeous!

Hats off to you and your painter. Don't remember when I've seen a nicer looking paint job.......or Fiero for that matter!

Looking forward to seeing the completed masterpiece. Keep up the great job and don't stop posting your progress, please!

HAGO!

Thanks, Things should roll a little faster I sold the Yellow GT Sunday so I plan to get this Chop finished I will be searching for my next Fiero GT project soon.

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by exoticse:

Ron

Madcurl would be the guy to ask in this area, he has more sets of HRE wheels than anyone on the planet ! Most are 19/20 combos as well.

You are correct he gave me the info !! Thanks for the tip!

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are correct he gave me the info !! Thanks for the tip!

You have pms.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ron says his car is getting some major attention now that he has it out on the road,...Hey Ron the Chronicles are calling for you !

Let's hear some of those experiences.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000097-27.html
Higginator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HigginatorSend a Private Message to HigginatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have pms.

isn't that a once a month chick thing?

LOL JK
haha. ;]
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update! By the weekend the rear clip, roof skin, new windshield , lower1/4 and rear window will all be mounted. The triangle piece by the mirror has been modified to the new angle using the original traingle and keeping it with the stock look, the inner rear sails were made from the original sails this took some time but fitment is flawless. My buddy who is doing all the paint work is incredible, the rear clip isn't even wet sanded all materiales used on this Gt are top of the line . We have a ton of hours into it but it's all worth it, the easy stuff is finally ahead I will post some pics this weekend. Thanks for looking

What size truck did you use to haul the rear clip to the paint shop?
elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice chop top!!!!!!!!!!!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about lowering ball joints for the front? How much do you want it to drop?
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's my buddys truck I think its a 2010 Toyota Tundra the clip fits perfect.

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rick 88:

How about lowering ball joints for the front? How much do you want it to drop?

I just need another inch I'm daily driving it now so it's starting to settle I was hoping for another inch do they sell lowering ball joints for the ft and rear?

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Woops forgot the important part 6ft bed!

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just need another inch I'm daily driving it now so it's starting to settle I was hoping for another inch do they sell lowering ball joints for the ft and rear?

If your looking for an inch all around then springs would be the best bet. Rodney has the 1/2" and 1" lowering balls for the front only. He gives a good reason why you can't do the same with the rear just don't remember off the top on my head why.

Love the car though!
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a set of 1 in lowering ball joints I plan on installing in my car with stock springs. Maybe you should wait till it settles some more. You mignt only need the 1/2 in lowering ones.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reason you cannot use lowering ball joints in the rear is cause the rear suspension is a strut type. All of the weight is being supported by the strut above the wheel. In the front the weight is supported by the lower control arm so spacing the knuckle up also lowers the car. Not so in the rear.

The black choptop looks amazing, very drool worthy!
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

If your looking for an inch all around then springs would be the best bet. Rodney has the 1/2" and 1" lowering balls for the front only. He gives a good reason why you can't do the same with the rear just don't remember off the top on my head why.

Love the car though!

I have Eibachs on it now I was thinking about West Coast Fiero's 1.5 lowering springs anyone have them? Post pics if you do !! If that doesn't work then I will go with Coil overs. I was looking at it today it settled a good bit.

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by thedrue:

The reason you cannot use lowering ball joints in the rear is cause the rear suspension is a strut type. All of the weight is being supported by the strut above the wheel. In the front the weight is supported by the lower control arm so spacing the knuckle up also lowers the car. Not so in the rear.

The black choptop looks amazing, very drool worthy!

Thanks for the info !! I appreciate the comments I will be posting more pictures when I get it wet sanded and have my new Saill panels from Chris Cook.

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CHECK THIS OUT!!!! My chop top Fiero with dot matrix pattern fastback windows curved and polished edges enjoy the pics. You can see the smile on my face!! Rear window with factory dot matrix will be in the works soon. Big thanks to Chris Cook he did a incredible job I appreciate all his help and flawless work you need to see these in person the fit is great. He is probably tired of my emails and shipping templates back and forth anyways NICE JOB CHRIS!!!!!

img]https://images.fiero.nl/2011/photo2.jpg[/img]

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008
Complete side view I will take more pictures when it's cleaned up.

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spectacular!

HAGO!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You did a great job on this car.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

That might even be an understatement, absolutely flawless !
PFF
System Bot
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Spectacular!

HAGO!

Thanks I appreciate it!

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP ALMOST FINISHED)
SEARCHING FOR MY NEXT GT TO CHOP
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Thanks for making the kit it been lots of work and now lots of fun. I will be calling you soon for more chop parts. Just think if you never made this kit this chop would never have been created. Great job back at ya!!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

That might even be an understatement, absolutely flawless !

I'm waiting for your full inspection at the Daytona show , can't wait to see everyones car it's will be a great show! I am working on the interior it's getting close it will not be 100% at the show but close enough! Then again when is anyone really every finsihed?

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm waiting for your full inspection at the Daytona show , can't wait to see everyones car it's will be a great show! I am working on the interior it's getting close it will not be 100% at the show but close enough! Then again when is anyone really every finsihed?

Please share your experiences and post them on the Choptop Cnronicles thread. Oh yeah, take plenty of pics!
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please share your experiences and post them on the Choptop Cnronicles thread. Oh yeah, take plenty of pics!

You got it!! I hope to have seat leather , slim pop ups, new exh tips , new tail lights in the next 2 weeks. It hasent been wet sanded and buffed yet I plan on finsihing that Sunday. More pics to come!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is SICK! Nice job buddy.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FIEROSMIGLA, sent you a PM a few days ago, did you receive it?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to see this car at Daytona !
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to see this car at Daytona !

X2
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave